Guest guest36187

15 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

New account from Transferwise.... might be of interest to some of you. I'm not recommending this and I haven't checked it out myself yet.

https://transferwise.com/borderless-account/welcome/

We have used Transferwise, very happy with them.  You can also set up daily emails to update you on the rate.  We found it provided the best rate.  You can also lock a rate for 24 hours.  Google it, hope it helps!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lenses said:

We have used Transferwise, very happy with them.  You can also set up daily emails to update you on the rate.  We found it provided the best rate.  You can also lock a rate for 24 hours.  Google it, hope it helps!

Hi Lenses, I've been using them for the last few years transferring small amounts when the rates have been favourable, the post was about a new service they offer I received in an email. I agree with you, I think they are very good.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ramot said:

This is the danger when giving “advice” on a forum. Unless you really know your facts you shouldn’t post. Over the years I have seen some shockers. 

We have used  Transferwise every month for a long time as we already live in Australia and our income comes from UK, and can’t fault them, the transfer is very quick. However i’m sure that there are other companies that some posters prefer.

I have been told off twice and have apologised to all concerned - I have only been on here for 2 days ...lesson learned

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

I have been told off twice and have apologised to all concerned - I have only been on here for 2 days ...lesson learned

Don’t take it to heart... you were only trying to help and everyone should check things out for themselves. If they criticize too much people will stop posting and that would be a shame as I for one love reading the posts and learning something new. ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jellybean T said:

Don’t take it to heart... you were only trying to help and everyone should check things out for themselves. If they criticize too much people will stop posting and that would be a shame as I for one love reading the posts and learning something new. ?

Thank you. I have learnt so much since I joined - I was stressing about a lot  before with so many unanswered questions and now I feel more at ease and confident with the help of this forum. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

Thy asked you to provide ? Marriage certificate, then what reason you gave them bcz you provide ration card .  you are from punjab ??or other

as my mom was in Australia and for marriage certificate both you them need to be in India 

22 hours ago, gafuk said:

HI Nikassan,  Hope you have already got this sorted but I was told that you can ask for an extension ( Normally another 28 days).  Maybe consider your options then, I got quotes on bridging loans but the charges were around 5k . but do your own homework, if you have a lot of equity it may be worth a consideration. I had great offers from my credit card company which were costing a fraction of the bridging loan costs.  tricky time for you but I've been there and came through so good luck.

Nice of you to pop back gafuk. How's it going? Any tip, or words of wisdom for the first weeks down under?

2 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Sorry I replied in haste before going out, and I’m sorry to have upset you. Please stay around. I have been a member for a long time and have had such support and help. It really is a good forum where we do try to help each other.

All the best xM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/05/2018 at 10:43, Wishfull said:

I totally agree with you Alan. When we applied in 2015 the DIBP website, as it was then, stated that the 143 visa took between 12 - 24 months to process and the visa processing time was estimated to be 18 months. So our expectation was that we would have our visa mid 2017. As time has marched on the timescales have moved out month by month and based on current queuing times we are still 9 to 11 months away from having our visa granted. However from past experience we have no confidence that these timescales are of any use when trying to project what will happen in the future. People applying today will be similarly deceived and have expectation levels set unrealistically.

Whilst the Department cannot predict the numbers applying they know the numbers actually in the queue, their application dates and the "ceiling" for the CPVs. Taking our own case, they surely know how many people are ahead of us, the processing rate and annual allocation so should be able to give a more accurate prediction of when processing on our allocation will begin. As you say it is not rocket science. Sure there will be some 103 visa applicants who may switch to 143 but there will also be people withdrawing. Your suggestion of an interactive calendar that shows how many applicants are ahead of a given application lodgment date is an excellent one. It would at least give more accurate information to base medium and long term plans on.

It would also be very useful to know why all processing seems to have ground to a halt currently, this could be communicated on the email response to our "test" emails sent to the PVC very easily. The blame cannot be laid at the door of Centrelink entirely as many people on this forum have completed their Centrelink processing. A bit of customer focus would not go amiss.

Will be interesting to see how both our timelines work as we both submitted in October 2015. I hope having applied for 173 and not 143 won't make a difference to the pecking order. I was thinking that I should have gone straight for the 143 but looking through a lot of the posts and timings in peoples signatures  there seems to be a major delay in the issue of AOS so maybe I am not on a bad run - rather wait for AOS to be issued whilst in Sydney than still in the UK. Will have my grandkids to keep me occupied whilst I wait. I will probably apply for the switch from 173 to 143 after a couple of months although you have 2 years to do it as the wait seems ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, ramot said:

Sorry I replied in haste before going out, and I’m sorry to have upset you. Please stay around. I have been a member for a long time and have had such support and help. It really is a good forum where we do try to help each other.

All the best xM

37 minutes ago, ramot said:

All the best xM

All good no worries ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi @Ray and Geri, could you let me know your progress with AoS?

Hi Peter, our daughter and husband went into Centrelink on 4th May....after 4 weeks she checked back with them and was told there was an 18 week delay in processing ( nothing surprises us anymore ) although immigration said that there was a 12 week delay and you waited 19-20 weeks..... I see you were way ahead of us on request for docs even though we lodged a month before  you and you now have your visa you lucky devil..... expect immigration will still insist visa's are issued in lodgement order. Anyway mate good luck in your new life down under.... where are you headed?

2 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Hi Peter, our daughter and husband went into Centrelink on 4th May....after 4 weeks she checked back with them and was told there was an 18 week delay in processing ( nothing surprises us anymore ) although immigration said that there was a 12 week delay and you waited 19-20 weeks..... I see you were way ahead of us on request for docs even though we lodged a month before  you and you now have your visa you lucky devil..... expect immigration will still insist visa's are issued in lodgement order. Anyway mate good luck in your new life down under.... where are you headed?

Hi Ray, I'm in Sydney, and this is an application for my parents. I'm still waiting to receive the AoS acceptance letter, which is nearly 2 months from lodgement of bank guarantee and over 6 months for the application. Hope we all will hear good news soon, and congratulation to those who have got their visas.

On 09/06/2018 at 02:17, Bridgeman said:

Yes, but only for a short while.  It was reinstated.  Whether this visa will still be available in the long term remains to be seen.

You correct it is reinstated you can see the timeline on the "Test" emails - as of 22nd June they are currently assessing the 103 visa for finalisation with a queue date up to and including August 2010. 

Guest Gurtej teji
5 hours ago, nitinmich said:

Got visa for my parents today.. please check our times lines in signature..

Congrats we had 143 applied 14 may 2015 we didn't hear anything yet

On 22/06/2018 at 18:07, LindaH27 said:

Only the initial form. They ask for payment only when they are ready to grant visas - so it means many years in the future!! Applicants who applied before April 2015 are only now being granted their visas so many have waited 40 months so far. Later applicants such as yourself will have a much longer wait. They are only now processing applications for visa grant on applications dated on or before 5 May 2015. Also  you have to apply for 143 after two years on 173 then wait again on a bridging visa  with all its associated problems and then parents will have to have another medical I believe plus visa charge could have increased again. I’m not sure whether it depends on Medicals  etc as I don’t know whether going from 173 to 143 is guaranteed. Some posters on here are having problems on changing from one to the other. 

I was wondering could you apply for the 143 from the 173 before 2 years are up? Because of the delays (a year at present) I was thinking of doing it withing the 1st  6 months being there

3 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

I was wondering could you apply for the 143 from the 173 before 2 years are up? Because of the delays (a year at present) I was thinking of doing it withing the 1st  6 months being there

You can apply for the 143 as soon as the 173 is granted and according to immi's website, you do not have to be in Australia when you apply. Although I'm not sure if you need to enter Australia to officially activate the 173 first. Either way, we hope to do this a soon as possible as there is a risk that the price of the 143 visa could rise if you wait for the full 2 years. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You can apply for the 143 as soon as the 173 is granted and according to immi's website, you do not have to be in Australia when you apply. Although I'm not sure if you need to enter Australia to officially activate the 173 first. Either way, we hope to do this a soon as possible as there is a risk that the price of the 143 visa could rise if you wait for the full 2 years. 

Whew good news. I will be doing that - the quicker I can get to being permanent the better there are too many changes happening. Thank you for this info.

• Like 1