Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

The 143 is an off-shore visa so all applicants have to be out of Australia when the visa is granted. You should get informed when your brother needs to depart after paying the second VAC.

Also, if your brother is now studying in Australia he will need to prove his dependency on your parents for his food, clothing and accommodation.

@SusieRoo What kind of proof do I have to show, as he stays with me from the first day he came to Australia. So all the food, clothing is under me as well as the uni fees.

But he works part-time over TFN will this affect him?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kush99 said:

@SusieRoo What kind of proof do I have to show, as he stays with me from the first day he came to Australia. So all the food, clothing is under me as well as the uni fees.

Thanks

You may want to run that past an agent. It doesn't sound like he's dependant on his parents and it is their visa application not yours. they are not supporting him, someone else is. You don't need to show any evidence, it looks like you are just helping your brother out. When did they apply for the 143?

Edited by Tulip1

1 hour ago, Kush99 said:

Thanks

Just seen your parents application was lodged October 2015. When will your brother turn 25?

2 hours ago, Kush99 said:

Thanks

If you are supporting your brother in Australia and he also has a job, then unfortunately he will not qualify as a dependent child on your parent’s visa application.

You must be carful not to damage your parent’s visa outcome and I would recommend you talk to a good immigration agent (like @Alan Collett).

Your family’s circumstances have probably changed since you originally applied for the visa. Your brother is now a young man and no longer a dependent child and will need to stand up on his own merits.

I assume your brother is currently on a student visa and it maybe better if he looks for a vocational visa when he finishes his masters.

Good luck to you and your family.

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

If you are supporting your brother in Australia and he also has a job, then unfortunately he will not qualify as a dependent child on your parent’s visa application.

You must be carful not to damage your parent’s visa outcome and I would recommend you talk to a good immigration agent (like @Alan Collett).

Your family’s circumstances have probably changed since you originally applied for the visa. Your brother is now a young man and no longer a dependent child and will need to stand up on his own merits.

I assume your brother is currently on a student visa and it maybe better if he looks for a vocational visa when he finishes his masters.

Good luck to you and your family.

okk thanks for that I will consult an immigration agent regarding that. Thanks

On 29/06/2018 at 18:35, Kush99 said:

Hi,  I have lodged 143 visa application in October 2015,  has anyone an idea as of when immi will first pick it up and make contact for police checks,  medicals etc.. Thank you for any replies. 

Hi we lodged August 2015 and haven't heard anything yet!   

Hi All

does anyone might know if the payment for the 2nd VAC can be delayed after it is being requested? example I was asked to pay 58k for 2 parents and we were waiting on the house to be sold but it is not selling on time and we might miss the 28 days period, so can we ask for extension on the payment?

Regards

Edited by Nkassan

Taken from home affairs website saying funds must be available when requested 

Second VAC

A second VAC is required for each individual applicant included in the application. Payment of the second VAC is not required until just before the grant of a visa.
Note: Processing times for contributory parent category visas can vary so it is important that applicants ensure they have available funds for the second VAC at all times in the application process as payment may be required at an earlier date than was originally anticipated at the time of visa lodgement.

Im not sure if delays are allowed but check with immi or your agent 

Hi,

Getting really impatient when I have a new life with my kid and grandkids lies ahead - keep getting disappointed when I go onto the website to look at the processing times and see 48 months! I applied for the 173 to give me time to save for the 2nd VAC as I wanted to save everything before immigrating. I am already at that stage where I should have gone for the 143 it has taken so long.  Does anyone know if you can withdraw the 173 and apply for the 143 without it affecting my timings? I would hate to have to go back to the beginning again.

I initially had the Parent Visa but that was for over 15 years in 2012 and withdrew that and applied for the 173 only to be requested for all the additional documents straight away - I didn't realise as i had already been in a queue for 3 years already they moved me to the top but i didnt have the funds at the time so had to withdraw and reapply in October. Its probably safe to just stay as it is as it is getting closer. I just keep thinking "I will be there this time next year" my only saving grace!

Thank you for this its been very interesting and comforting to see I am not on my own!

173 lodged 30.10.2015

1st payment acknowledged 1.11.15

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Hi,

Getting really impatient when I have a new life with my kid and grandkids lies ahead - keep getting disappointed when I go onto the website to look at the processing times and see 48 months! I applied for the 173 to give me time to save for the 2nd VAC as I wanted to save everything before immigrating. I am already at that stage where I should have gone for the 143 it has taken so long.  Does anyone know if you can withdraw the 173 and apply for the 143 without it affecting my timings? I would hate to have to go back to the beginning again.

I initially had the Parent Visa but that was for over 15 years in 2012 and withdrew that and applied for the 173 only to be requested for all the additional documents straight away - I didn't realise as i had already been in a queue for 3 years already they moved me to the top but i didnt have the funds at the time so had to withdraw and reapply in October. Its probably safe to just stay as it is as it is getting closer. I just keep thinking "I will be there this time next year" my only saving grace!

Thank you for this its been very interesting and comforting to see I am not on my own!

173 lodged 30.10.2015

1st payment acknowledged 1.11.15

We are in the same boat wishing we had gone directly for a 143. It appears we can't swap to a 143 now without starting again, but I am going to ask when we get a case officer. 

What a shame about the first application, but I do think you are now less than a year away (just). Have you considered a 600 holiday visa, which will allow you to stay for a year?

Thanks for your response - I been looking back at the past posts and saw a very interesting grid which gives a good indication and looks like mine may be granted in March 2019 not too bad and as you say less than a year. I have spent the past 6 years "waiting". I used to be a brunette I am now totally grey from waiting for so long. I keep thinking that I will end up having to apply for the aged parent visa at this rate and I am only 58 ?

I have not thought about the 600 holiday visa but i think at this late stage I have to be out of Australia to complete the 173 so it would not work at this stage and as long as i am in UK i can continue working and saving. I noticed as well applying for the 143 after 2 years is also a major delay and this is when we need to apply for the AOS so I am thinking as soon as i get there after 6 months i will start that process and get to be permanent asap.

Good luck to everyone will be watching progress continuously with the hope there is an increase in the numbers of visas issued from 7150 to 8000 would make a big difference - the country could only benefit with the costs of a CPV

• Like 1

Hi

Did everyone who paid their second VAC and were promised their visa for 1st July have their visa granted? I was hoping to to be greeted today by a cascade of jubilant entries rejoicing about finally having their visa granted. I hope the silence is not an ominous sign.

@ant111       @MikenC    @Merryweather   @Nicole Eire    @IanS61    @Tidang    @Mrs Depp   @whataday

2 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Hi

Did everyone who paid their second VAC and were promised their visa for 1st July have their visa granted? I was hoping to to be greeted today by a cascade of jubilant entries rejoicing about finally having their visa granted. I hope the silence is not an ominous sign.

@ant111       @MikenC    @Merryweather   @Nicole Eire    @IanS61    @Tidang    @Mrs Depp   @whataday

No news here either ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Hi

Going offshore Friday so hope to hear shortly.

Hi guys, 

I've been following this space for a while now and we have been requested for the 2nd VAC payment recently so we are expecting our VISA grant later this month. 

I just want to share my experience and my observations over the last 40 months (particular from the invitation to provide supporting documents to the final stage) with everyone in the forums and hopefully that you will find them informative, and comforting to know that we're not alone in this journey. Feel free to ask any questions 

We have lodged our on 19.03.15, you will be able to see the complete timeline below. Similar to everyone, we were invited to provide supporting documents in early October. Below is a number of observations that I was able to note since following blog posts, forum and comparing to my experience. Hope you find this helpful. 

Observations regarding PVC requests and responses

1. Replies and requests from the PVC teams seemed to be sent out in batched and they commonly falls on a Monday/ the start of the week (if the Monday is a public holiday, we do get responses on a Tuesday).  It almost seemed like all replies are held back for a particular release dates or a response period. They seemed to be active every 3 weeks

• If you look at recent posts: 
  • Note that it is 3 weeks apart! Let's see if this is true on the 24/7?

2. The lead time for getting responses from the PVC team after  our documents submission are consistently exactly around the 3 weeks marks. (This may vary)

• In our experience, we are constantly getting requested for documents and I have timed our activities with the PVC and it is always 3 weeks! So some of you might find this info interesting. I'm sure there are different cases.  If anyone has a different experience, please do share

3. Invitation to provide additional documents may come very early, subsequent response maybe dependant on the "75% application processing period".

• In our case, we complete AoS, health examinations and the initial request very early in January (our 33rd month). At this time, The "75% application processing period" is at 36th months. And coincidentally,  on 19.03.18 (the exact 36 months milestone since our lodgement in 2015), we started to get subsequent requests from them. This is when the lead time for PVC communication with us kicks in (consistently hearing from them 3 weeks after we send in anything). 

Application with Dependant child:

• In our experience, the dependant must meet the criterion of a dependant child at the time of lodgement (22 in our case) and maintain a full time and dependency status until the visa grant (26 at the moment). 
  • In April 2018, we are requested to provide provide additional proof to prove that the dependant application is still dependent. This is where the headache and anxiety really kicked in. 
    • We have previously provided the receipts of tuition and expenses along with the questionnaire responses in March.
    • However, the were not enough, PVC requests us the following:
      • evidence that tax invoices were paid by the dependant's parents - if paid by them
      • Evidence to support the Dependency Questionaire, that cash were given to the Dependant/ or his relatives during his overseas trips to pay for expenses. This includes the parent's bank statements, deposit, money declared to Customs at airports to clarify the money trails of these cash payment
    • It was a very exhausting processes of tracing old bank accounts history, (including those that were closed many years ago) passport trips history and declare through statutory declaration statement by a number of involved relatives to prove this money trail. So to all of those who applied recently do think via bank transfer and keep your receipts! Very important and save you lots of headaches later on. 

That's just our experience. Hope you find this info helpful. Feel free to ask me any questions. Happy to share our experience. 

It's been a long journey but It's almost over. We're very happy. 

Hang in there and good luck everyone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zaki said:

Back me up guys ....

Best feeling in the world when u get Nd check out that u r requested with 2nd Vac amazing feeling. Child like bliss and internal happiness 

Finally #38months ?????

Congratulations Zaki! Lets hope they don't take too long to grant the visa. 

• Like 1