Guest guest36187

My parents are in the same position, entry before October 26th. That was the date 2017 when their medicals were received by immi so presumably this is the reason - 12 month validity.

I emailed to ask if this date could be extended and they replied saying that the initial entry date can only be changed in emergency or exceptional circumstances. Sale of house etc. doesn't count...

7 hours ago, tabitha10 said:

So yes we waited ages for our conversion too...was a nightmare, was asked to do the form 80 again adding the things from between the 173 and the 143...... luckily no new medical was asked for.

No second medical, that’s good to know, I was expecting to have two.

We are also planning on shipping a vehicle and I don’t like the sound of a $1500, 10 hour carwash. Did you use an agent? I read you only require the cleaning if the car is contaminated when it arrives. Even so, it sounds like a scam to charge so much and not do it properly.

20 minutes ago, Nicole Eire said:

My parents are in the same position, entry before October 26th. That was the date 2017 when their medicals were received by immi so presumably this is the reason - 12 month validity.

I emailed to ask if this date could be extended and they replied saying that the initial entry date can only be changed in emergency or exceptional circumstances. Sale of house etc. doesn't count...

Definitely is within the validity of the Medicals and Police checks.  Our daughter has, at long last, received notification, dated 21 June,  that her AoS application was rejected (last year's income fell just AUD2,000 below the requirement) - over 24 weeks after she applied.  She is going to re-submit asap after 1st July so she will be in another tax year and will meet the income requirement.  I understand that the AoS approval can now take up to 18 weeks to be sorted so we are looking at November before that gets approved.  Our medicals expire on 10 Jan 19 - not a lot of time to get everything organised, especially with Christmas looming.  Could be a frantic and expensive trip to organise in December!  Unless a miracle happens and things move more quickly.  

8 hours ago, Nicole Eire said:

Yep my friend has been refused for the sake of 3 weeks. Definitely  due to police check and medical done Nov and Dec last year 

Edited by Kathss56

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Yep my friend has been refused for the sake of 3 weeks. Definitely  due to police check and medical done Nov and Dec last year 

My letter says entry by 13th October and if any problems contact them with reference details, before grant because after grant it's not changeable. My British police check expires July 20, medical and Australian pice check November ?

13 hours ago, MikenC said:

Has anyone out there received a confirmation email from the department of immigration for receipt of their 2 vac payment. We sent ours 2weeks ago and haven’t heard a thing

I emailed the pvt this morning and they sent me a receipt for payment within the hour. Just goes to show there are some efficient members of staff in the organisation ?

7 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

We were feeling hard done by because we didn't get asked to supply docs until 3 years after our lodgement date and others on this forum were being asked well before their 3 years were up.... Seems now with all the delays immi might have done us a favour.... we might have a little more leeway on our " enter Oz by " date..... but all in all this just shows what one big muck up this whole process is.

23 hours ago, tabitha10 said:

Hi there,

So yes we waited ages for our conversion too...was a nightmare, was asked to do the form 80 again adding the things from between the 173 and the 143...... luckily no new medical was asked for.

Tab

Hi. 

Glad someone is sharing our pain out there. 

4 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

We were feeling hard done by because we didn't get asked to supply docs until 3 years after our lodgement date and others on this forum were being asked well before their 3 years were up.... Seems now with all the delays immi might have done us a favour.... we might have a little more leeway on our " enter Oz by " date..... but all in all this just shows what one big muck up this whole process is.

Yes they say don’t sell your house but then only give you a few weeks date to activate! So inadequate and ineffecient!

15 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Definitely is within the validity of the Medicals and Police checks.  Our daughter has, at long last, received notification, dated 21 June,  that her AoS application was rejected (last year's income fell just AUD2,000 below the requirement) - over 24 weeks after she applied.  She is going to re-submit asap after 1st July so she will be in another tax year and will meet the income requirement.  I understand that the AoS approval can now take up to 18 weeks to be sorted so we are looking at November before that gets approved.  Our medicals expire on 10 Jan 19 - not a lot of time to get everything organised, especially with Christmas looming.  Could be a frantic and expensive trip to organise in December!  Unless a miracle happens and things move more quickly.  

Quite disgusting that they won’t fastrack this for You?. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kush99 said:

Hi,  I have lodged 143 visa application in October 2015,  has anyone an idea as of when immi will first pick it up and make contact for police checks,  medicals etc.. Thank you for any replies. 

Welcome to the forum!

If you send a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au with just “test” in the subject box, you will get a return email giving you the current processing status.

Right now they say, “We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015”. But some applicants do get asked to start preparing documents well in advanced of this date and this appears to be random.

I think (and this is just my guess) with your lodgement date of October 2015, you will hear something in about 8 or 9 months time and could have your visas by this time next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kush99 said:

Hi,  I have lodged 143 visa application in October 2015,  has anyone an idea as of when immi will first pick it up and make contact for police checks,  medicals etc.. Thank you for any replies. 

Hi and welcome to the waiting room. Our application date for the 143 is the beginning of December, it would be nice to be called for police and meds before December but if not we are hoping to be asked around this date with visa grant in the first 1/4 of next year. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom on here lately but some people who applied in June of 2015 were asked to prepare docs back in April so you could be asked as early as August. You just have to take it as it comes. I will be watching your progress with interest. Regards Shelagh

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi and welcome to the waiting room. Our application date for the 143 is the beginning of December, it would be nice to be called for police and meds before December but if not we are hoping to be asked around this date with visa grant in the first 1/4 of next year. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom on here lately but some people who applied in June of 2015 were asked to prepare docs back in April so you could be asked as early as August. You just have to take it as it comes. I will be watching your progress with interest. Regards Shelagh

Thanks for the respond, I will keep updating my progress. 

8 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Welcome to the forum!

If you send a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au with just “test” in the subject box, you will get a return email giving you the current processing status.

Right now they say, “We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015”. But some applicants do get asked to start preparing documents well in advanced of this date and this appears to be random.

I think (and this is just my guess) with your lodgement date of October 2015, you will hear something in about 8 or 9 months time and could have your visas by this time next year.

Thanks for the response. 

@SusieRoo @Jellybean T I have one more confusion for the 143 Visa, As I have included my Brother (age 24)  in visa file as a dependent applicant and he is in Australia pursuing his masters. So will he be eligible for the visa? as they have changed the age criteria and if he then does he has to go back to the native country while the decision is made? Thanks

16 minutes ago, Kush99 said:

@SusieRoo @Jellybean T I have one more confusion for the 143 Visa, As I have included my Brother (age 24)  in visa file as a dependent applicant and he is in Australia pursuing his masters. So will he be eligible for the visa? as they have changed the age criteria and if he then does he has to go back to the native country while the decision is made? Thanks

Sorry.. I don’t know anything about about dependent children but I’m sure others do. 

2 hours ago, Kush99 said:

This question pops up from time to time where applications were made years ago but with a subsequent change to the age restrictions.

Given this is non standard and quite specific to personal circumstances suggest you speak to your agent on this.

Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kush99 said:

The 143 is an off-shore visa so all applicants have to be out of Australia when the visa is granted. You should get informed when your brother needs to depart after paying the second VAC.

Also, if your brother is now studying in Australia he will need to prove his dependency on your parents for his food, clothing and accommodation.