Guest guest36187

UNBELIEVABLE!!!  After 23 weeks since submitting AoS paperwork and getting nowhere, continually being told that everything was on the system and that we just needed to wait for it to be processed our daughter contacted her MP.  Within a couple of days she has at last had contact from AoS, but not the news that we had hoped for!  Her application had been rejected as she was AUD2K short on the previous tax year.  She asked if she could get another assurer but was told that was not possible and that it was a straightforward rejection and that basically the case was closed!!!  I’m sure I’ve read of at least 2 other people on this forum who have been asked to get a second assurer?

Makes no difference that although she has two children she shares responsibility with their father (they live with him half the time and they share all expenses) she is still is classed as having 2 children.  If this was not the case then her income would have been OK.

She has been advised to resubmit her application after 30 Jun – just 2 weeks away.  What a nightmare.  Although, crazy though it may seem, at least we now have an answer we know where we stand - just not where we wanted to be.  Hopefully once we re-submit it won’t take them the same amount of time before they make a decision.  I have to admit, the air was a little blue when we heard.  23 weeks 3 days to tell us NO!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!  After 23 weeks since submitting AoS paperwork and getting nowhere, continually being told that everything was on the system and that we just needed to wait for it to be processed our daughter contacted her MP.  Within a couple of days she has at last had contact from AoS, but not the news that we had hoped for!  Her application had been rejected as she was AUD2K short on the previous tax year.  She asked if she could get another assurer but was told that was not possible and that it was a straightforward rejection and that basically the case was closed!!!  I’m sure I’ve read of at least 2 other people on this forum who have been asked to get a second assurer?

Makes no difference that although she has two children she shares responsibility with their father (they live with him half the time and they share all expenses) she is still is classed as having 2 children.  If this was not the case then her income would have been OK.

She has been advised to resubmit her application after 30 Jun – just 2 weeks away.  What a nightmare.  Although, crazy though it may seem, at least we now have an answer we know where we stand - just not where we wanted to be.  Hopefully once we re-submit it won’t take them the same amount of time before they make a decision.  I have to admit, the air was a little blue when we heard.  23 weeks 3 days to tell us NO!!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear your news after all this time waiting, it must be difficult when marriages break up and the children are seen as being fully one parents responsibility rather than shared. I hope you manage to resolve this quickly and move on, at least you now know what caused the delay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

This is absolutely disgusting, I feel so sorry for you all. If its a straightforward 'no' why keep you waiting all that time - and oresumabky if your daughter hadnt contacted her MP you could have been waiting for ever??? I feel outraged on your behalf - hope you can get it sorted out asap, they seem to have been sleeping on the job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to you all for your words of support.  I must admit we are spitting blood at the minute!  As long as they don't change the rules again she will be fine after 1 July as her income is comfortably above the requirement, AUD49,824.84 as at today.  I know the requirement will increase some but she has a reasonable leeway at the moment which will continue into next year.  Fortunately the rules as well say that she must be earning that in the current year and one of the 2 preceding years, so again we are OK.  Even if we weren't we have another willing assurer who has been standing by the whole time.  Had we known earlier we could have had it sorted it ages ago.  Their response to our suggestion that we add another assurer at this stage was that it was too complicated!  Hey ho - these things are sent to try us - and my goodness they do!?

We'll certainly keep in touch with her MP who has at least got things moving, especially if things take a long time again.  

Edited by Pertenhall
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I had an open day. Best thing ever. Only get the house “ready” once and got 4 offers. Took 11 weeks with no chain after open day date. Took the first time buyer offer at asking price for speed.  Good luck!

Wow, that was effective.  Our open day was a complete flop - due in no small part to the Estate Agent messing things up about the advertised date.  We had one viewing and nothing from that.  Still with the delay in our visa process we aren't too worried about it at the moment!

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Merryweather said:

Pertenhall - really glad there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Re estate agent and house selling  - you haven't had a lot of luck lately?

Perhaps it will all change now! ?

I hope so.  It may all be part of a big plan by higher authority!!  Let's hope things start to get back on track and start to come together now!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Thanks to you all for your words of support.  I must admit we are spitting blood at the minute!  As long as they don't change the rules again she will be fine after 1 July as her income is comfortably above the requirement, AUD49,824.84 as at today.  I know the requirement will increase some but she has a reasonable leeway at the moment which will continue into next year.  Fortunately the rules as well say that she must be earning that in the current year and one of the 2 preceding years, so again we are OK.  Even if we weren't we have another willing assurer who has been standing by the whole time.  Had we known earlier we could have had it sorted it ages ago.  Their response to our suggestion that we add another assurer at this stage was that it was too complicated!  Hey ho - these things are sent to try us - and my goodness they do!?

We'll certainly keep in touch with her MP who has at least got things moving, especially if things take a long time again.  

Same thing happened to us as you know but they recommended to get a  co assurer to us because it was quicker? Typical, disgusting customer service.

Pleased the income and application will be sorted soon.We don't dislike all politicians. Lol

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Disgraceful behaviour by Centrelink!  I am so sorry to hear this news.  I hope your daughter's MP can get an explanation of why you weren't advised long ago and given an oppirtunity to get a co-assurer - surely all offices have to follow the same rules!  

• Like 1

On 13/06/2018 at 01:36, AMP said:

Sorry,  I’m now pretty lax in checking this site so often go to the latest entry first, and then I back track!   just to say huge congratulations to EVERYONE who has had positive news over the last week.  It’s great to see things finally moving and to know that the crush within this waiting room is about to ease.   Hopefully, with the start of the new financial year in July, there will be a sudden surge of visa processing and lots more will be having contact to submit documents, pay 2nd VACS etc.  

Maybe I need to start to complete my form 80 in anticipation ........

Yes as we are the same dates as you .... maybe we will start that form 80 as well. Just seems that the time scale keeps increasing, we’ve been putting it off thinking we’ve got loads of time to do that. Hope you’re living the dream!!!! That we’re all dreaming about living! 

• Like 4

On 15/06/2018 at 10:30, Pertenhall said:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear your sad news. I can only imagine your anger after waiting all that time and after them telling you just it was all in order!!!!! 

I hope when you resubmit they deal with it immediately.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Merryweather said:

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if you get an acknowledgement/receipt of the 2nd VAC payment?

Or do you just wait for the visa?

Ta

I to was wondering the same, seems such an anticlimax after such a long wait 

5 hours ago, Merryweather said:

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if you get an acknowledgement/receipt of the 2nd VAC payment?

Or do you just wait for the visa?

Ta

We didn't - just an email with the visa confirmation. Mind you, it was a couple of years ago so we only had to wait a few days. 

9 hours ago, MikenC said:

I to was wondering the same, seems such an anticlimax after such a long wait 

They've improved the service with auto emails acknowledging received emails. So more possible to get confirmation of 2nd vac but wouldn't wait for it. Lol

• Thanks 1