Guest guest36187

13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

She will have to leave, as they have refused her PR application. That means she will no longer have a bridging visa and whether she or her family can pay her bills is irrelevant. Thats the price you pay when you arrive on a tourist visa and go onto a bridging visa while awaiting PR. If your PR application is refused at the end of the day, then you have to leave because you were only ever there on a temporary basis. 

I wonder whether a Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602) has been considered.

Best regards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sh aron said:

At last after 2.5 months I got letter  from PVC yesterday and they wrote they cannot open my attachments and asked to send again . All done and now wait period starts again.

Could you put your timeline on your signature so that we can see your progress please?

On 09/06/2018 at 10:10, ramot said:

As I wrote on the other thread, we never know the full facts, only the sob story. In one newspaper report they showed a copy of the supposed visa, VE 75, class VE resident class 175.which makes no sense in this case, unless I googled it wrong, so none of us actually know how she was in the country.

Countries must have the right to impose visa conditions however tough they appear. The hard part is that if one person is allowed laxity then it opens the floodgates for many many more people trying to baulk the system.

I think this sort of story annoys those of us doing the right thing and having to wait our turn for the parent visa.

Yes the 175 was a skilled independent - pretty much the equivalent of the current 189. Thery probably just got a random visa image picture off Google!

• Like 1

On 8 June 2018 at 18:57, Ferrets said:

The politics of the UK state pension are a mess, and the politicians duck and weave to avoid proper discussion on the topic.

But language aside the mechanics are clearly a benefit; contribution is measured in years and not value and therefore you can get much more or indeed much less than is contributed - it's worth bearing in mind that NI is also supposed to fund the NHS; 

1. The UK average salary is £27,600 which means NI of approximately £2,200 p.a. to fund pension & NHS,
  2. 35 years of contributions (under new state pension rules) = £77,000. 
  3. At a full payment of £164.35 per week that means an annual pension of £8,546.20
  4. Assuming no contribution to the NHS this means that on average the NI contributions over a working life will pay for 9 years pension.

The maths of this show clearly this is a benefit as on average the payments in are being topped up in a manner that significantly outperforms the market.

You make the point that it is a legal right - and in fact that highlights it is a benefit as you are wrong - whilst it is a right at the moment it could be withdrawn by the government or slashed / ages moved by act of Parliament and has no permanent guarantee.  You can see the move for auto enrolment is the first step to the abolition of the state pension, which will be gone before I retire.  They can't do that to a defined contribution pension (at least not anything that has been paid in up to any point of change).

It's been deceitful of governments of all colour for the way that they have approached this, and I think the issue of unfunded liabilities for the UK is a trainwreck that is still unfolding (Pensions, PFI, etc.) and will be a true blight on future generations in the UK.

What does "and in fact that highlights it is a benefit as you are wrong" mean please?

On 8 June 2018 at 19:56, LindaH27 said:

@Ferrets the U.K. NI contribution rate is 12%

Employers  also pay in for every employee as well -  I believe that is 13.8%?

So there's a fair bit going in for every person who pays in which will increase the number of years pension is paid for. Given that not all people survive that long some may in fact not receive what they've paid for and their contributions will go towards funding other people's 

It also sounds as though Australians are also not paying  in enough according to your figures and wonder how how much the "average" pension is in Australia given full UK pension is £8546 pa

Im sure I read somewhere that Australian means tested pension is claimable if your  income as a single  person is below approx $55000?  That sounds way more generous for your 9.5% contribution than £8546 for UK 12% contribution!! 

I'm not an accountant so obviously my figures are just based on my musings!! 

Actually the amount of the "full" UK pension depends on when you were born. Given the current governments reshuffling of the state pesnion, people taking their pension after 2016 get a larger weekly sum than those already drawing state pension. People already drawing their state pension get a smaller amount. The smaller "full" pension varies according to your potential past payments into the graduated pension scheme. If you have paid the right amount to get a full pension (i.e. Anything between 44 years and thirty five years, depending on whether there was an 'R' in the month) you get about £6500 a year. The creation of a two tier system vis the new 'flat rate' pension has apparently simplified everything.

Edited by Fisher1

On 8 June 2018 at 21:34, ant111 said:

We was told it was because she put a tax return in for her mat year they had to use that year. Then they said the quickest way to resolve it was to get a co assurer . I recommend you confirm everything. Call again and perhaps ask an agent.

My daughte was on mat leave and got her accountant to send a letter stating that her normal annual income was X amount per annum and they accepted it. This was two years ago though before the AOS approval turned into another waiting list - If you could find out whether they would accept such a letter it would save you trying to find a co-assurer. good luck!

On 8 June 2018 at 17:27, Marisawright said:

We're talking about two totally different things here.   I am talking about the misconception that the UK pension is something you pay into, therefore you have a right to get that money (and its profits) back.  My cousins are getting their knickers in a knot because of that perception, because they feel the UK government is stealing their money.  It's not.  Why you should get offended because I criticise the government for not increasing the contributions beats me.

I am not  disputing your right, or anyone else's to claim the pension which you have a legal right to claim (though the legal name for it, by the way, is a "contributory benefit").   I am not aware of anyone rubbishing people's credit ratings.

Can  I draw your attention to the last paragraph of your post (above) and to the comment (below)  which you made several posts ago?

"You are absolutely right, but talk to the average Brit and they don't see it like that.......  Look at xxxxxx. and @Fisher1's responses above - both believe they have paid into the pension and are therefore entitled to it."

The pension is officially called a "contributory benefit" you are right - its a title that's been hotly disputed for decades. 

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/skilled-and-family-migration-falling-amid-tougher-visa-scrutiny-20180522-p4zgsv.html

still saying the Extra “checks” are the reason for the slow down in processing all sorts of visas!! Surely more integrated systems and technology should improve efficiency etc., 

It probably does speed things up with places like the UK but not so much with a lot of other countries where lots and lots of people are trying to come to oz from.

6 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

My daughte was on mat leave and got her accountant to send a letter stating that her normal annual income was X amount per annum and they accepted it. This was two years ago though before the AOS approval turned into another waiting list - If you could find out whether they would accept such a letter it would save you trying to find a co-assurer. good luck!

Thanks, but they said getting another assurer was faster than getting a letter so we knew someone and went with that to satisrfy them. If we couldn't easily get another assurer and had confidence in them we would have got a letter from an accountant or employer. Thanks again anyway.

2 hours ago, ant111 said:

Thanks, but they said getting another assurer was faster than getting a letter so we knew someone and went with that to satisrfy them. If we couldn't easily get another assurer and had confidence in them we would have got a letter from an accountant or employer. Thanks again anyway.

No probs, I just thought it may be another avenue if getting another assurer was difficult. I remember the process as one of the most stressful of my life - constantly thinking we'd cracked it and then finding another tack under our wheels!  We got here in the end, hope you get here soon. It really was worth all the hassle!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

What does "and in fact that highlights it is a benefit as you are wrong" mean please?

Simply if the pension was abolished by parliament then there would be limited recourse which underlines that it is currently a benefit (reality is it wouldn't happen, but is the same when they change age and contributions, etc.).  If it were a named account then this would not be possible.  I was also mulling up that because it may be possible (I didn't do the sums on the sliding scale of NI) to pay more in NI than you claim as a pension, which again emphasises that it is more of a universal benefit, akin to child benefit before the changes is 2010. 

The language of the politicians is particularly unhelpful in this area though - I think Steve Webb when he was pensions minister and still wanting to be re-elected went to pains to emphasise it was not a benefit and a right, yet now he is in the private sector is talking about how the system needs to be adjusted / changed to make it more equitable to the younger generations.  As a result there is never the proper conversation that needs to be had as they are all eyeing the next general election.

11 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Actually the amount of the "full" UK pension depends on when you were born. Given the current governments reshuffling of the state pesnion, people taking their pension after 2016 get a larger weekly sum than those already drawing state pension. People already drawing their state pension get a smaller amount. The smaller "full" pension varies according to your potential past payments into the graduated pension scheme. If you have paid the right amount to get a full pension (i.e. Anything between 44 years and thirty five years, depending on whether there was an 'R' in the month) you get about £6500 a year. The creation of a two tier system vis the new 'flat rate' pension has apparently simplified everything.

I think that the advent of auto enrolment means that the UK is already on the path for the abolition of the pension in it's current form to move to an Australian system whereby you pay into your own named account and then a state pension is means tested.

Not sure how quickly it will happen but definitely on the way!

2 hours ago, Ferrets said:

I think that the advent of auto enrolment means that the UK is already on the path for the abolition of the pension in it's current form to move to an Australian system whereby you pay into your own named account and then a state pension is means tested.

Not sure how quickly it will happen but definitely on the way!

The problem with this is that the UK gov has already spent God knows how much 'simplifying' (!) the current system. Not quite sure if they'll have the will to make further changes after their rabbit in the headlights routine with Brexit. Roll on the next election!

9 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

No probs, I just thought it may be another avenue if getting another assurer was difficult. I remember the process as one of the most stressful of my life - constantly thinking we'd cracked it and then finding another tack under our wheels!  We got here in the end, hope you get here soon. It really was worth all the hassle!

Thanks again. We're here on our second year after 6 mths  back in the UK, but would have to leave again in September until.visa issue. Here on the 600 visa. and hoping for 143 soon. Our two children are here and we like the place and weather. Not sure about certain Aussies or creepy things but when we get our visa we can avoid centrelink. Ha!

• Haha 1

Just now, ant111 said:

Thanks again. We're here on our second year after 6 mths  back in the UK, but would have to leave again in September until.visa issue. Here on the 600 visa. and hoping for 143 soon. Our two children are here and we like the place and weather. Not sure about certain Aussies or creepy things but when we get our visa we can avoid centrelink. Ha!

......house sold earliet than expected hence early departure from the UK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ant111 said:

Got the email.request for second payment and itinerary. Visa to be issued after 1st July, when they get cheque and within 3 days of being offshore. 

The meditation must have worked....pom. lol

Congrats ant111 so After 1 July Your visa will active ???

On 06/06/2018 at 12:15, Nicole Eire said:

Still waiting very impatiently. No request for 2nd VAC, despite the previous email from immi telling us the amount that would be requested and that we would have 28 days to pay etc... thank you for your patience. How about all the others from March 2015 - Mikenc Pertenhall?? Anything?

Finally we got a request for the 2nd vac payment this morning after a 39 month wait. ?

• Like 12