Guest guest36187

On 1 June 2018 at 00:36, LindaH27 said:

Hmm Im not so sure about possible downturn in Sydney prices. I was there from December last year to March this year and spent quite a bit of time with my family looking at bigger houses or houses with big gardens for possible granny annexe. Maybe it depends on the area but prices near them were NOT going down.  We went to a few auctions to gauge the way things were and to be honest they were finally selling for more than the agents guide prices! I think I would have to stay in the car if they were going for one . The auctions scared me silly!! So much more civilised to deal with sellers direct or via agent but please no auctions!! 

Its the units that I've noticed dropping a bit, not houses. Maybe a difference there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

·  OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015.

i should think we are all breathing a sigh of relief that it’s moved for once!  Come on August ?

864 visa yet again absolutely no movement, still 27th oct 2016! now only moved 6 weeks in 21 months. Perhaps leaving any assessments till this onshore parent visa reaches the same date as the 173? Who knows.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for taking the time to help with this info.

We have been looking at property on new estates and although we like the style of the new open-plan homes, many seem too big for the block size. Also I worry about buying a new-development plot without knowing what size property is going to be built next door. Ideally we would like single story, but you see some smaller houses dwarfed by their neighbors on three sides.

It's a bit shocking to only get 30 mins to view when making such an important decision, not what we are used to here. Oh well, it's going to be an adventure!

You aren't restricted to only one open day viewing,  most are longer than 30 mins here. if you are interested in a property you arrange a 2nd viewing just like UK. According to my son in Bristol who is moving, same open house viewings there.You put in an offer here subject to various conditions, eg finance and pest inspection, can be a bit frustrating until you agree a price. I much prefer the system here, you have an agreed short cooling off time, go to contract quickly with a mutually agreed time to move, usually no hanging about for months in a chain, which can fall apart at the last minute? Perhaps each state is different, but here on the Sunshine Coast you don't hear about gazumping. You can get a pretty good idea of a house in the first open day viewing. 

Houses are selling like crazy here on the Coast at the moment and there seems to have been a big increase in prices.

One obvious thing to consider, which we didn't!!!, when you buy a two story house in your 60's and are fit as a fiddle! your health can change quite quickly and the stairs present a problem. So consider a low set, bungalow, or at least extra bedrooms/bathroom downstairs. Might save moving again later on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramot said:

You aren't restricted to only one open day viewing,  most are longer than 30 mins here. if you are interested in a property you arrange a 2nd viewing just like UK. According to my son in Bristol who is moving, same open house viewings there.You put in an offer here subject to various conditions, eg finance and pest inspection, can be a bit frustrating until you agree a price. I much prefer the system here, you have an agreed short cooling off time, go to contract quickly with a mutually agreed time to move, usually no hanging about for months in a chain, which can fall apart at the last minute? Perhaps each state is different, but here on the Sunshine Coast you don't hear about gazumping. You can get a pretty good idea of a house in the first open day viewing. 

Houses are selling like crazy here on the Coast at the moment and there seems to have been a big increase in prices.

One obvious thing to consider, which we didn't!!!, when you buy a two story house in your 60's and are fit as a fiddle! your health can change quite quickly and the stairs present a problem. So consider a low set, bungalow, or at least extra bedrooms/bathroom downstairs. Might save moving again later on.

Good point Ramot.   My parents bought their retirement home in Wales when they were in their late fifties and never gave a thought to the staircase - which shot out of the tiny hall at quite a dizzying gradient. It was only thirty years later that chickens came home to roost and my poor mum had to move to a sheltered flat at a time when she really didn't want to leave behind memories. Also worth considering whether there is a downstairs bathroom, and whether it's possible to get from house to garden to street without needing a ramp. Three steps to our front door was no problem till we had to negotiate it with mum's wheelchair.   Don't want to be a misery but I look at steps and stairs in an entirely new light these days! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Good point Ramot.   My parents bought their retirement home in Wales when they were in their late fifties and never gave a thought to the staircase - which shot out of the tiny hall at quite a dizzying gradient. It was only thirty years later that chickens came home to roost and my poor mum had to move to a sheltered flat at a time when she really didn't want to leave behind memories. Also worth considering whether there is a downstairs bathroom, and whether it's possible to get from house to garden to street without needing a ramp. Three steps to our front door was no problem till we had to negotiate it with mum's wheelchair.   Don't want to be a misery but I look at steps and stairs in an entirely new light these days! 

Not taking thread too much off topic, but we laugh and say when the day comes and we sleep downstairs, visitors will find the bed linen towels etc. on the bottom step.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 31/05/2018 at 15:47, Merryweather said:

Hi Tidang,

Did you/ your parent receive an email from PVC AFTER submitting your AoS acceptance letter? (See my post)

As Cat Lady says, she submitted her acceptance letter last May (2017) but had to wait until September for visa! However, if you look at her dates it was still processed within 36 months of lodgement - not sure what the processing times were forecast back then.

It will happen - but we just have to keep waiting!

M

Hi Merryweather,

I just receive a mail that they let me know about the cost 130800aud in 30/1/2018 and have nothing since i have AOS acceptance letter. Because of the financial year i think you and i just keep waiting and hoping ^^

27 minutes ago, Tidang said:

Hi Merryweather,

I just receive a mail that they let me know about the cost 130800aud in 30/1/2018 and have nothing since i have AOS acceptance letter. Because of the financial year i think you and i just keep waiting and hoping ^^

Hi tiding,

which cost ‘130800’ u quote? Please elaborate 

zaki

13 hours ago, MikenC said:

That’s good news but there is still a back log with the 2nd vac requests that don’t seem to be moving ?

Hi MikenC 

They still process to 5 May 2015 . Will they give our the 2nd payment or we still waiting ??? 

Hi KathSs56, that’s depressing news that they are reducing the numbers of visas allocated this year, I wonder if they are going to continue dropping them in future years which will make the wait time much longer, I feel for all that are waiting having paid money and now might have to wait longer.  It is all political unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi KathSs56, that’s depressing news that they are reducing the numbers of visas allocated this year, I wonder if they are going to continue dropping them in future years which will make the wait time much longer, I feel for all that are waiting having paid money and now might have to wait longer.  It is all political unfortunately.

It will drop each year I’m dam sure. I think a lot of cpv’s will go for a 3yr temp parent visa when it comes in -if they are urgently wanting to move over. Maybe this is another ploy, they earn extra money in the fee for the new visa whilst we are waiting,waiting,waiting! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

It will drop each year I’m dam sure. I think a lot of cpv’s will go for a 3yr temp parent visa when it comes in -if they are urgently wanting to move over. Maybe this is another ploy, they earn extra money in the fee for the new visa whilst we are waiting,waiting,waiting! 

Can you have the temporary whilst waiting for resolution of a CPV, or does that cancel the wait for the CPV?

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

just got news from my friend her parents are  granted  visa 143 last week,  file lodged on  14 Jan 2015 .

Congrats!  - That's quite a lot longer than most isn't it, given that some later applicants have been granted visas! Do you mind  if I ask whether there were adult dependants on that application as I understand there's a lot more form fillings and checks in that scenario? Then again as we've seen,  there doesn't seem to be a logical "queue" date timewise any more! 

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

just got news from my friend her parents are  granted  visa 143 last week,  file lodged on  14 Jan 2015 .

Hi sh aron 

Can you ask she/he the detail of this aplication ? Please let me and all of members in this group know thanks you so much

8 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

I thought there was no route to PR on those, i.e. no further stay?  If possible then a good option

You can be on the new temp one whilst waiting for 143 - just costs that extra few thousand dollars though. Depends how desperate you are. But if it’s going to take 4-6yrs for a 143?!!!?! ?

13 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Found this on an agents page

2ABF41D8-92F2-4A22-82A3-89CD7E198E11.jpeg.76d8857e835dcabdcc4d9ade8c9e6e2f.jpeg

13 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00683/Download

Here's the relevant Legislative Instrument.

Best regards.

Hi 

I am confused - am I missing something?

Both Kath's extract and the legislation that Alan cites refer to the number of visas that may be granted in the year 2017-2018, that is this current year. Neither says anything about next year 2018/2019. Also the maximum number of contributory parent visas (143/173/864/884) stated in all documents is 7175 and the maximum number of non contributory visa (103/804) is 1500. This is consistent with the allowance given at the start of this year and also for the previous 3 years, it was increased to 7175 from 6675 in 2013/2014 for contributory parent visas.

So I am at a loss to understand how the conclusion from this information is that the number of visas for next year will decrease and also where the figures 8675 and 1550 for contributory and non contributory parent visas come from in Kath's extract.

Can somebody help me out please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

I thought there was no route to PR on those, i.e. no further stay?  If possible then a good option

You can be on the new temp one whilst waiting for 143 - just costs that extra few thousand dollars though. Depends how desperate you are. But if it’s going to take 4-6yrs for a 143?!!!?! ?

12 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Hi 

I am confused - am I missing something?

Both Kath's extract and the legislation that Alan cites refer to the number of visas that may be granted in the year 2017-2018, that is this current year. Neither says anything about next year 2018/2019. Also the maximum number of contributory parent visas (143/173/864/884) stated in all documents is 7175 and the maximum number of non contributory visa (103/804) is 1500. This is consistent with the allowance given at the start of this year and also for the previous 3 years, it was increased to 7175 from 6675 in 2013/2014 for contributory parent visas.

So I am at a loss to understand how the conclusion from this information is that the number of visas for next year will decrease and also where the figures 8675 and 1550 for contributory and non contributory parent visas come from in Kath's extract.

Can somebody help me out please.

I agree. Exactly what I thought That 7175 was the figure ! And that they only issued about 6000 from that. Totally confused!