Guest guest36187

For those who are still waiting for AoS interview, if you haven't opt-in for email delivery, please consider going to my.gov site and change Centerlink preference.

It could save you one week to receive letter after the interview.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

For those who are still waiting for AoS interview, if you haven't opt-in for email delivery, please consider going to my.gov site and change Centerlink preference.

It could save you one week to receive letter after the interview.

Just be aware though that Centrelink may still send communications by post and not to your my.gov/email account.  It happened with my daughter. 

And for anyone waiting for emails - keep checking your Junk folder as well as your Inbox! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ant111 said:

My sister in laws father had Alzeimers and she challenged the NHS to cover his care home fees. She used a little known court judgement and they were then forced to pay for his care

That's reassuring to know. Would you be so kind as to advise what that little known court judgement is please.

9 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

SORRY,  long post above. Response from Senator McKims office to my email re processing times. No printer/scanner now so had to screenshot it all,,, MAYBE when they go well beyond the 40months she states  we could all email him again?, 

@Alan Collett for your perusal, ?

Can you give the email address you used for Senator McKims please 

12 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Although I’m sure there was no harm meant please can we get back on topic and keep this thread the helpful friendly place it has become. It’s stressful enough getting a visa without us all falling out.

If weve fallen out isn't with centrelink and certain politicians. Lol

On 28/05/2018 at 09:57, Alan Collett said:

Thanks Kath.

A key concern for me is that the Department isn't transparent with information applicants of any type might reasonably consider when deciding whether or not to apply for a visa.

It appears the Department considers that publishing information about current processing timelines is sufficient.

I acknowledge that this is a small step forward from what we used to have, but it clearly isn't enough - Contributory Parent visa processing being a prime example.

What is being published currently is information based on applications that were lodged 3+ years ago.

What I dare say most would like to know is a good indication of the processing time for an application lodged now, 12 months ago, 24 months ago, etc.

The Department has a queue date calculator for the non Contributory Parent sub classes.  

Why can't the Department provide an interactive calculator that shows how many applications are ahead of a given application lodgment date?

Isn't this a reasonable quid pro quo for applicants who have already parted with several thousand $'s?

It isn't rocket science.

Best regards.

I totally agree with you Alan. When we applied in 2015 the DIBP website, as it was then, stated that the 143 visa took between 12 - 24 months to process and the visa processing time was estimated to be 18 months. So our expectation was that we would have our visa mid 2017. As time has marched on the timescales have moved out month by month and based on current queuing times we are still 9 to 11 months away from having our visa granted. However from past experience we have no confidence that these timescales are of any use when trying to project what will happen in the future. People applying today will be similarly deceived and have expectation levels set unrealistically.

Whilst the Department cannot predict the numbers applying they know the numbers actually in the queue, their application dates and the "ceiling" for the CPVs. Taking our own case, they surely know how many people are ahead of us, the processing rate and annual allocation so should be able to give a more accurate prediction of when processing on our allocation will begin. As you say it is not rocket science. Sure there will be some 103 visa applicants who may switch to 143 but there will also be people withdrawing. Your suggestion of an interactive calendar that shows how many applicants are ahead of a given application lodgment date is an excellent one. It would at least give more accurate information to base medium and long term plans on.

It would also be very useful to know why all processing seems to have ground to a halt currently, this could be communicated on the email response to our "test" emails sent to the PVC very easily. The blame cannot be laid at the door of Centrelink entirely as many people on this forum have completed their Centrelink processing. A bit of customer focus would not go amiss.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Wishfull said:

It would also be very useful to know why all processing seems to have ground to a halt currently, this could be communicated on the email response to our "test" emails sent to the PVC very easily.

Same thing last 2 years, processing stops when they reach the annual cap (or now it's Dutton's new unofficial cap). So probably not see any movement until the start of their new year. Although it's unusual to see delays for people who have paid their 2nd vac, last year they just held back requesting all payments until July.

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Same thing last 2 years, processing stops when they reach the annual cap (or now it's Dutton's new unofficial cap). So probably not see any movement until the start of their new year. Although it's unusual to see delays for people who have paid their 2nd vac, last year they just held back requesting all payments until July.

What about me SusieRoo ? I lodged in 26/03/2015.All docoments submitted include AOS acceptance letter in 3 May 2018 wheter i still waiting to July ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

So like Not to expect anything till 1st July ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I believe May is usually  slow anyway. Not sure why but probably.taking stock and depending on figures will continue visa grants in June or July politics willing

• Like 1

On 28/05/2018 at 22:12, SusieRoo said:

Yes that’s right, and that’s what p’s me off the most. If you know the truth you can get on with your life for a few years. We have been in living in turmoil for the last two years with work, holidays and planning to sell the house, because we thought we would be there by now. It’s also disruptive for our families. And all the time immi sits on all the information when they could easily inform people with the full facts.

We really need a fair system where every application is numbered and then you can see where they are up to and where you are in the queue. If there are 14k in front of you, and they are granting 7k visas each year, it easy to work out you have about 2 years to wait. As Alan says “It isn't rocket science”.

The other frustrating thing about the wait is that house prices have rocketed in Oz in the last three years, sometimes 40% and I fear some people who have properties in the UK outside London will find they can no longer afford to buy in Oz. On top of which the cost of living is also high (although petrol is cheaper).  We are one of the lucky ones got visa and bought house but could be several months before we move in due  to renovating. I hope things improve for all those of you still waiting and I agree it would be much better if an idea of how many applicants were in front of you were given,  even if some of those don’t get granted.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

The other frustrating thing about the wait is that house prices have rocketed in Oz in the last three years, sometimes 40% and I fear some people who have properties in the UK outside London will find they can no longer afford to buy in Oz. On top of which the cost of living is also high (although petrol is cheaper).  We are one of the lucky ones got visa and bought house but could be several months before we move in due  to renovating. I hope things improve for all those of you still waiting and I agree it would be much better if an idea of how many applicants were in front of you were given,  even if some of those don’t get granted.

Yes, it’s terrible to see houses we could have afforded, now getting beyond our reach. The exchange rate also makes a big difference. We are considering buying a plot of land or a house now, and it would help if the rate went back up.

Good to hear you are settling in, it’s nice to renovate and get everything how you want it, especially kitchen and bathroom.

6 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes, it’s terrible to see houses we could have afforded, now getting beyond our reach. The exchange rate also makes a big difference. We are considering buying a plot of land or a house now, and it would help if the rate went back up.

Good to hear you are settling in, it’s nice to renovate and get everything how you want it, especially kitchen and bathroom.

which state you planning to move ?

• Like 1