Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, nam_n said:

Hi can someone enlighten me why am i requested by my co for vietnam police clearance certificate again. I submitted the document 3 months ago. I applied 143 in 15 may 2015. Everything is done including aos now i'm just waiting for the 2nd vac. Thanks 

If you applied 15th May 2015 you are behind  many who applied earlier and have still heard nothing..... you just got to wait. 

4 hours ago, nam_n said:

Hi can someone enlighten me why am i requested by my co for vietnam police clearance certificate again. I submitted the document 3 months ago. I applied 143 in 15 may 2015. Everything is done including aos now i'm just waiting for the 2nd vac. Thanks 

Many have been asked to re send docs they have already sent!, Just inefficiency at the other end I’m afraid ? 

4 hours ago, Skeelsy said:

We applied for our 173 back in 2014 when I still was fairly sane, had only a few grey hairs and had no idea of the stress, frustration and complete bewilderment we would experience whilst in the ‘parent visa waiting room’ - the word ‘Test’ still invokes panic even today.

FINALLY we found ourselves escaping that room when we granted in June 2016 and happiness descended like a warm blanket. 

Circumstances including finances forced us to take the longer and ultimately more expensive 173 to 143 route. 

When we initially applied back in 2014 the  conversion from 173 to 143 was a couple of months.  At time of grant it had lengthen to 3 -6 months and so accordingly we decided to apply 18 months after grant instead of waiting full 2 years.  I was horrified to see in my first automated response in 18 months that wait was 13 months as of last February and now has slightly decreased to just under a year.  

This process is really only reconfirming work done at grant stage and the AOS fiasco was only in the last 2 months so can’t be blamed for increase before April.  As we were included in the head count for 2016 contributory parent this conversion has no capping requirements.  Also I would have thought the fact that waiting times for 173/143 has increased dramatically over last few years this would likely give some parents a longer chance to sell the family silver or possibly that inconvenient child who was messing up their balance of family percentage  and therefore go for 143 leading to a dimenished number of 173 applicants.

So I would really really like to know what the explanation could possibly be for a 400% increase in waiting time in less than 2 years.  

As our 173 ends next month and we move to a bridging visa for at least 6 months now I just would like to have an explanation as to why - am I honestly asking too much here!!

The 173 to 143 should be just a formality, only the AoS and the second payment. You have already qualified for your visas (and places), so what reason could anyone find to delay this now. I just don’t see how it benefits Australia to make you wait on a bridging visa.

I detest the lack of transparency in this process and I would go a far as saying immi is being deliberately dishonest in taking thousands of dollars in 1st vac payments. I probably would not have applied for this visa if I had been told the real processing wait involved. Why print “18 to 24 months delays” when immi knew this was not realistic for new applicants. Even today they still publish global processing times, which are highly misleading for people starting now.

If they don’t want parents to come to Australia, why not just close down parent visas completely and leave us to get on with our lives. It’s just not right to offer an expensive visa, and then play political games with people. Moving the goal posts and keeping people waiting for years with their lives on hold. It’s messing up jobs, putting strain on families and I’m sure it’s bad for mental health. I suspect if this happened in Europe it would be an infringement of human rights.

But what can we do? We are just powerless, no one to even make a complaint to. It is tantamount to bullying. The only choices we have are to walk away or to take whatever they serve up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

The 173 to 143 should be just a formality, only the AoS and the second payment. You have already qualified for your visas (and places), so what reason could anyone find to delay this now. I just don’t see how it benefits Australia to make you wait on a bridging visa.

I detest the lack of transparency in this process and I would go a far as saying immi is being deliberately dishonest in taking thousands of dollars in 1st vac payments. I probably would not have applied for this visa if I had been told the real processing wait involved. Why print “18 to 24 months delays” when immi knew this was not realistic for new applicants. Even today they still publish global processing times, which are highly misleading for people starting now.

If they don’t want parents to come to Australia, why not just close down parent visas completely and leave us to get on with our lives. It’s just not right to offer an expensive visa, and then play political games with people. Moving the goal posts and keeping people waiting for years with their lives on hold. It’s messing up jobs, putting strain on families and I’m sure it’s bad for mental health. I suspect if this happened in Europe it would be an infringement of human rights.

But what can we do? We are just powerless, no one to even make a complaint to. It is tantamount to bullying. The only choices we have are to walk away or to take whatever they serve up.

Well said SusieRoo. We certainly didn’t expect to wait more than double the original time posted and it is taking an immense strain on our lives as we’re having to stay in a job we hate just for the security until we move to Oz.  Family is also suffering as they’re having to put plans on hold as well...the kids ..well how do you explain to a 4 year old (who was a baby when we started this process) and her older brothers ... that we will be living nearby soon? But don’t know quite when??? ?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Tidang said:

No progress in the last 3 week so i wonder in this time what the CO do ??? Is there any news from any body in this group . After 38 months waiting feel so stressful 

Not sure why but usually May is very slow. June should be very busy. Here's hoping. 

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Well said SusieRoo. We certainly didn’t expect to wait more than double the original time posted and it is taking an immense strain on our lives as we’re having to stay in a job we hate just for the security until we move to Oz.  Family is also suffering as they’re having to put plans on hold as well...the kids ..well how do you explain to a 4 year old (who was a baby when we started this process) and her older brothers ... that we will be living nearby soon? But don’t know quite when??? ?

It's the price we pay for being in democracies with poor politicians. But we all know that people power works. Theyve had one fright perhaps they need another. Btw Susieroo whose the blue rinse brigade? SUCH REMARKS ARE NOT HELPFUL OR CONSOLING  AND WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO COPE WITH THESE DELAYS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ant111 said:

Not sure why but usually May is very slow. June should be very busy. Here's hoping. 

Hi ant111 Have you receive your AOS Acceptance letter ??? I hope that they have some places to save for our... 

4 minutes ago, ant111 said:

It's the price we pay for being in democracies with poor politicians. But we all know that people power works. Theyve had one fright perhaps they need another. Btw Susieroo whose the blue rinse brigade? SUCH REMARKS ARE NOT HELPFUL OR CONSOLING  AND WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO COPE WITH THESE DELAYS

Lol. Are you a politician?

12 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

If you applied 15th May 2015 you are behind  many who applied earlier and have still heard nothing..... you just got to wait. 

Nam-m  isn't  complaining about the wait - simply wondering why s(h)e has been asked to resubmit a clearance document from the Vietnamese police. 

20 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Found on one of the financial sites yesterday...... but I expect on another site somewhere there is another article stating the complete opposite....but I like this one best.

For the Pound-to-Aussie rate, Foley and the Rabo team forecast Sterling will rise from its 1.78 level Monday to 1.84 before the year is out and 1.95 before the end of the first quarter 2019.

The first quarter of 2019 will see the implementation of Brexit - I can't believe sterling will rise during that period!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

About 4 years since the decision was made to apply and just over 3 since application finalised and submitted. So much has changed in that period personally, financially  and politically. Property prices have continued to rise in Melbourne and drop in North East England; Brexit has damaged the exchange rate; and when you are in your late sixties/ early seventies health issues can arise.

Application dropped and we'll just have to take the loss of the initial payment!

• Sad 8

11 minutes ago, Calmac said:

About 4 years since the decision was made to apply and just over 3 since application finalised and submitted. So much has changed in that period personally, financially  and politically. Property prices have continued to rise in Melbourne and drop in North East England; Brexit has damaged the exchange rate; and when you are in your late sixties/ early seventies health issues can arise.

Application dropped and we'll just have to take the loss of the initial payment!

So sorry to hear this, but I totally understand your position.  Just a suggestion - have you considered leaving the application in the pipeline until you reach the stage of having to pay out more fees, at which stage you could make a final decision and by which time the financial outlook may well have changed again?  If you've really decided to walk away from it, then you might like to fill in an online feedback form on the Department's website?  A chance to show your displeasure with the Department, if nothing else.  

• Like 7

Thanks Catlady...we have not yet withdrawn the application and will wait until the last moment in case we get a lottery boost.

We made the decision effectively at Christmas when we visited family for a couple of months. What might have been achievable price wise in 2015/16 had simply gone beyond reach.

I will certainly complete an online feedback form to comment on the current farcical situation....we fondly imagined18 months wait at the time and in those cicumstances might have made it!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, ant111 said:

Blue rinse brigade! I was referring to myself, but you are very welcome to join.

Blue-Rinse.thumb.jpg.6a3934c4ad236bd4c7a51221645360f3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Calmac said:

Thanks Catlady...we have not yet withdrawn the application and will wait until the last moment in case we get a lottery boost.

We made the decision effectively at Christmas when we visited family for a couple of months. What might have been achievable price wise in 2015/16 had simply gone beyond reach.

I will certainly complete an online feedback form to comment on the current farcical situation....we fondly imagined18 months wait at the time and in those cicumstances might have made it!

I'm glad you're going to wait, and yes, keep doing the lottery - Fingers and toes crossed for you,  Calmac.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ant111 said:

Have you had a sense of humour bypass?! It was clearly just a funny remark!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Actually I thought it was a bit off as well - a sort of 'us and them' remark that I've never associated with the parents' thread. Then I decided I was overreacting … I think it's important to emember that in the absence of personal contact, non-verbal expressions etc. innocent or even jokey remarks can be mis-construed on occasion. It can't be helped, just need to acknowledge the misunderstanding and move on.

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Calmac said:

Very sorry to hear about your predicament. I hope its a little consoling to know you are not alone in your decision. There are many others. Brexit vote broke us but we eventually managed a reasonable exchange rate. Melbourne house prices became very difficult but things are at leas t stabilised.  We have to build to survive if some cheaper land comes up that is. We are 6 mths into our second year here and three yrs four months from application. Centrelink messed our AOS APP up twice. Since complaining we've been told up to 10 days to an approval letter. When we get our visa is guess work but like you I'll  still soldier on because if not soon we will never be joined with our son and daughter in our old age.

I really hope it works out for you and thank you for sharing it will be consoling for others and shameful to Australian politicians and customer services. Best wishes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Sorry but Sussieroo was referring to Ferret1 having a go at others. 'Well done it's about time somebody had a go at the blue rinse brigade.'

Hang on though I'll just check. Yes my dense of humour is still there. But for how long with friends like Nemesis a and Susieroo I'm not sure Lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Actually I thought it was a bit off as well - a sort of 'us and them' remark that I've never associated with the parents' thread. Then I decided I was overreacting … I think it's important to emember that in the absence of personal contact, non-verbal expressions etc. innocent or even jokey remarks can be mis-construed on occasion. It can't be helped, just need to acknowledge the misunderstanding and move on.

Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

My apologies for any upset I may have caused to anyone and this was absolutely not my intention. It was supposed to be more of a pop at myself, as I had felt guilty for being a little rough on the young man in a previous post.

Anyway I hope everyone’s having a wonderful weekend, it’s another long bank-holiday weekend here, a little cooler but still lots of sunshine.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 4