Guest guest36187

13 minutes ago, thomas1965 said:

Lol - inflation has nothing to do with the cost of the visa. The pricing is set at what the market will bear, so that they meet their immigration and revenue target. The blowout of 143 visa processing times indicates that the pricing is probably too low. I can easily see the government increasing the cost of the visa by 20-30% to achieve their targets.

Only among the people that can no longer afford the visa.

I think this already happens - new immigration policies come into effect in July (?) and there's always a rush of applications to meet the old fee schedule or old processing rules.

Hey Thomas, I was thinking out loud.... I know they will charge what they can get, the "in line with inflation"  was just an idea...a start point if you like.... not a joke to make people Lol........  

1 hour ago, thomas1965 said:

Basically just asking whether you understand your responsibilities as an assurer, ie repay any money that the assuree claims from centerlink.

They might also ask about information to clarify your income, ie the proof you've attached, etc.

Cheers mate

6 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi all,

I've just found this forum after Centerlink introduced the new income requirement. Lots of useful information here. Thanks a lot.

For AoS interview, could you share what sort of questions are asked?

Thanks

Welcome to the waiting room!  Hope this forum gives you answers and ideas

Edited by Rosiejaq
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Agam said:

Mine is visa 173 so no letter still waiting 

Being a 173 applicant myself, I'm very interested to follow your progress.

Any chance you could share your significant dates by adding these to your signature page?

(I think that's what it's called and it will add the info to the bottom of your posts)

The 173 is supposed to be slightly quicker now due to not having the AoS.

21 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Any chance you could share your significant dates by adding these to your signature page?

(I think that's what it's called and it will add the info to the bottom of your posts)

How to do that plz

23 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I got acknowledgement letter dated 23 April 2015 mine is bit different as it’s my mom and dependent 25 year sister now waiting .. stressed 

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

1 hour ago, Cerberus1 said:

Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tidang said:

Congrats Zaki Please tell me when you paid the bond and how long between you paid the bond to get AOS acceptance letter ????

Heya, 

We paid AoS Bond last Thursday.... 

Good luck mate 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Agam said:

When applied she was 22 years let’s see what happens

I wish you luck but they go by the situation when they assess it not when you applied. Has she been in continuous education all this time?

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I wish you luck but they go by the situation when they assess it not when you applied. Has she been in continuous education all this time?

Yes she is still full time student 

Hi everyone Finally spoken with a Mara agent and it looks like we are going down the contributory parent visa route. One thing I didn't ask was does the child in Australia have to have been a resident for 2 years when you lodge your visa application or is it ok to lodge before the 2 years as the current waiting time for the parent visa process is roughly 3 years.  We have just spoken to the kids in Australia One daughter has just sent this......I’m on a bridging visa A. I’ve applied for a partner visa. Usually that wouldn’t give permanent residency for 2 years but because we’ve been together almost 6 years and have 2 kids I should skip those 2 years and go straight to permanent resident status. It’s not guaranteed but it’s about 99% likely. I applied 31/12/16...... the other daughter already has permanent residency for 1 year and 5 months. 189 granted in dec 2016 ?,