Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tidang said:

MikenC Please tell me the detail of Your AOS . Why some application lodged after our be granted but you and me is still waiting for this ???

I’m at a loss. I really have know idea but I’m sure it won’t be to long now we just have to be a little patience, after over three years another few weeks/months will soon pass. 

The bond was lodged in the 5/4/2018 and Centrelink was made aware of this on the same day

Edited by MikenC

CPV143 lodgement date 10/03/2015

acknowledgement date 11/03/2015

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and form 80 requested 21/12/2017

AoS submitted 28 Dec 17, Police certs and Form80 submitted 12 Jan 18, Medicals submitted 11 Jan 18

centrelink AOS letter received to post bond 3/4/2018 paid 5/4/2018

AOS acceptance letter received 24/4/2018

email received acknowledging all documents received 9/5/2018

request for 2nd vac payment 12/6/2018

Visa granted 03/7/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brett31 said:

Did anyone get the auto reply from the department today?

nothing again :(

  • Like 1

143 visa lodged 4.10.15

heading to the sunshine coast (caloundra)

extra documents requested 18/7/2019

aos submitted 25/7/2019

police checks completed  1/9/2019

form 80 completed 3/9/2019

medical taken 7/9/2019

aos submitted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2018 at 22:37, Kathss56 said:

An agent did this for someone if it helps -bit less than you quote.B2613D27-D99D-4C25-B849-9C4B4AE251AE.thumb.png.16c5698fda62c60caa6fd4cd7585a604.png

Hi Kath

 Thats been sorted very well. I have 2 questions on AOS if someone can help. Thanks

1. I fall under the category of me with partner and 1 child under 18 applying for 2 parents - $120,665. Is this combined income of myself and my wife (she works too)?  Is it group certificates from last 3 years to show income from previous years? 

2. Does this AOS income level increase every year?

 

Thanks for your help

 

Edited by amsaini15
removed Ques 3 as confirmed gross income to show payslips/group certificate

CPV143 - 25.05.2017, 1st VAC 31.05.2017, Receipt 31.05.2017, Acknowledged 31.05.2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Processing times now shown as 38 - 40 months for 143.

Painful, painful, painful...

At this rate it will be up to 46 months by Christmas.

Don't forget also the parent visa process normally grinds to a halt in May until the start of the new financial year on the 1st July


173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Kath

 Thats been sorted very well. I have 2 questions on AOS if someone can help. Thanks

1. I fall under the category of me with partner and 1 child under 18 applying for 2 parents - $120,665. Is this combined income of myself and my wife (she works too)?  Is it group certificates from last 3 years to show income from previous years? 

2. Does this AOS income level increase every year?

 

Thanks for your help

 

That is your income but your wife can be assurer as well if not enough? 

Current year and previous 2yrs proof of income not sure if increases. It didn’t increase for 10yrs I believe that’s why it’s hiked so much now ! 


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound eventually!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MikeC Can we send an email to PVC team 1 to know our Processing applications Because My grandma in australia get sicked so i want to visit them ASAP


Visa 143 lodged 26/03/2015

Medicals & Police checks all done 8/11/2017 

AOS lodged 12/1/2018

AOS paid 12/4/2018 

Lodged AOS with commonwealth bank and with centrelink on 17/4/2018 

AOS acceptance letter 3/5/2018

2nd VAC Payment Request ? 

Visa granted ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

That is your income but your wife can be assurer as well if not enough? 

Current year and previous 2yrs proof of income not sure if increases. It didn’t increase for 10yrs I believe that’s why it’s hiked so much now ! 

Thanks Kath. I hope that doesn't mean Joint assurer as it will not make sense if we have to add each other as partners in calculation.

So what should be income requirement if me and my wife are assurer (with 1 child)  for 2 parents? Thanks

 

Income requirement for joint individual assurers
(1) This section applies to an individual who gives an assurance of support jointly with another individual or other individuals.
Note: Individual means a natural person – see section 2B of the Acts Interpretation Act 1901.
(2) The individual assurer meets the income requirement for a financial year if the combined amount of assessable income of the assurers for the year is at least the total of the following amounts:
(a) the newstart income cut-off amount multiplied by the total of:
(i) the total number of individuals giving assurance under the assurance of support; and
(ii) the total number of adults receiving assurance under an assurance of support given by the individual; and
(iii) the total number of partners of the individuals that are jointly giving assurance under the assurance of support; and
(b) 10% of the newstart income cut-off amount multiplied by:

 


CPV143 - 25.05.2017, 1st VAC 31.05.2017, Receipt 31.05.2017, Acknowledged 31.05.2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amsaini15 said:

Thanks Kath. I hope that doesn't mean Joint assurer as it will not make sense if we have to add each other as partners in calculation.

So what should be income requirement if me and my wife are assurer (with 1 child)  for 2 parents? Thanks

 

You will need to have total income of $118,687.42

  • Like 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tidang said:

Pertnhall you should visit centrelink or call them so your AOS can approve soon . Because my sister do it and they just let me know all of this Linda . I just wonder when they give me 2nd vac request ? after AOS paid someone please let me know

Our daughter has already telephoned 3 times and called once - still no joy!


CPV 143 lodgement 12.3.15, Acknowledged 14.4.15

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and Form 80 requested 21 Dec 2017

AOS submitted 3 Jan 18, Police certs & Form 80 submitted 7 Jan 18, Medicals booked 10 Jan 18

AoS rejected 21 Jun without any consultation (24 weeks for them to make this decision)

AoS re-submitted 16 Jul 18 - interview carried out 7 Aug 18

AoS Bond paid 14 Aug 18

AoS approval received 27 Aug 18

Request for 2nd VAC - 11 Sep 18

Visa granted - 26 Sep 18

 

Heading for the Sunshine Coast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CeltInCaulfield said:

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

I guess this could happen as it's a minimum requirement. I think an even worst scenario would be if someone, who wasn't called early for their AoS, is now unable to obtain a visa. While others have sailed through under the old system.  


173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
   52 minutes ago,  CeltInCaulfield said:

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

I guess this could happen as it's a minimum requirement. I think an even worst scenario would be if someone, who wasn't called early for their AoS, is now unable to obtain a visa. While others have sailed through under the old system.  

 

 

That could very well happen to us!  My husband ha almost given up already!! :(

 

Edited by Rosiejaq
Missed quote!
  • Sad 4

04.08.2015 143 lodged/06.08.2015 1st payment acknowledged/12.02.2019 : request for docs, AoS and medicals/07.03.2019 : medicals done/15.03.2019 : police checks applied for/  18.03.2019 : AoS submitted (paper @ PM Centrelink )/19.03.2019 medical queries- further tests  required/13.06.2019 : letter to panel doctors confirming no medical problems exist /11.04.2019 : Form 80 & police checks submitted by agent/28.05.2019 : Aos rejected, reassessed and rejected again!/09.07.2019 : request for more information re form 80/Aos reassessment/6.8.19:Swap out one person from Aos and substitute new/Aos bond requested 9.10.2019

bound for mid north coast NSW !  😎 we have our sunnies waiting.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:
 
   52 minutes ago,  CeltInCaulfield said:

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

I guess this could happen as it's a minimum requirement. I think an even worst scenario would be if someone, who wasn't called early for their AoS, is now unable to obtain a visa. While others have sailed through under the old system.  

 

 

That could very well happen to us!  My husband ha almost given up already!! :(

 

Don't give up... there is still a reasonable chance this new system could be scraped in the next few months.

  • Like 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

  • Haha 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

until PR holder doesn't become settled PR holder he/she could not sponsor anyone and it takes around a year to be

  • Like 1

C.P.V lodgement date 5.5.2015

Acknowledment date 11.05.2015

Prepration to commence docs 9.12.2017

Medicals 15.12.2017. Police clearance 16.12.2017 

AoS Lodged on 23.12.17 

Aos Telephone interview 10.4.18

Request to Pay off Bond with CBA and lodged 25.4.18

Aos Acceptance letter    2.5.18

2nd VAC  3.7.18

Permenant residency Granted 10.7.18 

 

38 months Phewwwwwwwww

 

 

Lives in Sydney, Australia 

From Mumbai, Maharashtra 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

As Raul Senise - migration agent stated on another thread:

''This loophole was closed in 2009.

If you are granted a Contributory Parent visa you cannot sponsor your partner for five years from the date your Contributory Parent visa is granted.''

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

Nope, this can't be done. The Department have covered themselves already!

"Contributory parent visa holders

There might be limits on your sponsorship if:

- you were granted a permanent Contributory Parent visa on or after 1 July 2009
- you were in a partner relationship on or before the Contributory Parent visa grant date
and
- your partner did not apply for the Contributory Parent visa at the same time as you, or they withdrew that application (before it was finalised).

The sponsorship could still be approved if:

- 5 years have passed since your Contributory Parent visa grant date
- your partner did not apply at the same time as you due to compelling reasons, (other than financial reasons)
- your partner applied at the same time as you but withdrew their application for compelling reasons (other than financial reasons)."

 

So there's actually a 5 year 'waiting period' if you wanted to go down that route, unless you have "compelling reasons".

Edited by Nicole Eire
more detail
  • Like 1

TRA Bricklayer submitted 19/07/11 - Technical interview 10/08/11 - TRA successfully completed 11/08/11 - Employer nomination (drc) and visa application (non-drc) applied together 13/09/11 - Meds 22/09/11 - CO 14/10/11 - VISA 17/11/11 - Flights 30/12/11 citizenship 09/03/17

My parents lodged 143 contributory parent visa 18/03/15

request for form 80/meds/police check/AoS 10/10/17

AoS process commenced 16/10/17 and completed 14/02/18 

Case officer appointed 12/01/18 

All docs submitted and acknowledged 15/02/18

2nd VAC request 12/06/18

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nicole Eire said:

Nope, this can't be done. The Department have covered themselves already!

"Contributory parent visa holders

There might be limits on your sponsorship if:

- you were granted a permanent Contributory Parent visa on or after 1 July 2009
- you were in a partner relationship on or before the Contributory Parent visa grant date
and
- your partner did not apply for the Contributory Parent visa at the same time as you, or they withdrew that application (before it was finalised).

The sponsorship could still be approved if:

- 5 years have passed since your Contributory Parent visa grant date
- your partner did not apply at the same time as you due to compelling reasons, (other than financial reasons)
- your partner applied at the same time as you but withdrew their application for compelling reasons (other than financial reasons)."

 

So there's actually a 5 year 'waiting period' if you wanted to go down that route, unless you have "compelling reasons".

That’s a shame as I've just removed husband from our application. Oh well, I won’t tell him until I’ve booked my flight.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gafuk said:

Thanks for the advice everyone,

                                                            The rate fell in our favour sort of and we did a deal with Accendo fx who we have used before. Checked rate against moneycorp etc and it was ok after a haggle.

The 2 nd VAC paid to immigration and we are waiting for our Visa email then its booking flights. After 3 1/2 years everything has happened in two weeks ! Pss are coming for our stuff next week and it is all bonkers in our house at the moment. I will have a bit more time to explore the other companies before our next transaction.

If you hear a big Yahooooo across the uk its because we've had our email.

Thanks again

 

Hi Gafuk

I only come on here occasionally now, as I all moved and (?) settled, so forgive me if Ive already mentioned this to you. I notice you are using PSS for you removal and although we used them without any problems or breakages when we moved over eight months ago, the whole process took a lot longer than they estimated (19 weeks instead of 10-12).  So this is just a heads up to take a minute for a last rethink about what you are taking - if there's anything you aren't sure about. Example - we dithered about bringing our fridge freezer, eventually deciding against, and were so glad because we couldnt have managed without one and would have had to buy something small to tide us over while we waited. We did bring our washing machine as it was only 18 months old and while Im glad Ive got it now, if I had added launderette costs to the cost of removals, I think buying new would have been marginally cheaper.  

When the men arrived on the day, they would have been happy to add any last minute stuff - they said that it was all in the overall amount and it would just mean an adjustment in the price. 

This is all probably irrelevant to you, but I try to pass on anything I can from my own experience as a pay back to all the help I had from people on here during the three plus years we were waiting ... Try not to get blown away by the stress on the last couple of days and good luck with it alll! 

PS we wish we'd brought the plastic shelves out of the garage now ! :D

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. We were granted our 173 in June 2016 and decided to plough on with the convert to 143 as soon as we could and thank goodness we did!  After suffering so much stress and anguish getting 173 we decided to engage Alan from Go Matilda for this stage. First shock was the increase in time for 173 to 143 and now the AOS fiasco. Family scenario at the moment leaves us rooting around trying to find assurers who earn loads of dosh.  I have contemplated going on Airtasker to see if I could secure an assurer!!!

 To do this without warning and such a hike is downright disgusting.  Visa applicants should not be subjected to massive changes once they have applied and half way through the process.  

I have traveled through all the info re AOS snd can’t find answer to this query which is if we have an assurer who has a partner who is not an assurer then we have to account for partner in calculations - get that’s ok however query is can then the combined income of assurer and partner be included in total income figure for AOS purposes. It seems unfair to assume the assurer has be responsible for partner as part of their income amount who may well be earning a sizeable amount.  Welcome any info re this.

 Lovely reading comments and seeing names who were behind us now reached the door and shuffled out into the warm autumn in Australia.  For those still trapped in the dreaded waiting room I totally feel for you guys and trust me will all be worth it  I now have total of 3 grandchildren aged 3 months to 6 years here and love being the unpaid on call 24/7 ‘grandma’  kim 

 

Edited by Skeelsy
  • Like 5

173 lodged 23 May 2014 Acknowledged 16 Dec 2014. Medical 21 March 2016 granted 24 June 2016

Applied for conversion from 173 to 143 Feb 2018 and STILL waiting!!

18 January 2019 FINALLY received request for AOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Hi guys. We were granted our 173 in June 2016 and decided to plough on with the convert to 143 as soon as we could and thank goodness we did!  After suffering so much stress and anguish getting 173 we decided to engage Alan from Go Matilda for this stage. First shock was the increase in time for 173 to 143 and now the AOS fiasco. Family scenario at the moment leaves us rooting around trying to find assurers who earn loads of dosh.  I have contemplated going on Airtasker to see if I could secure an assurer!!!

 To do this without warning and such a hike is downright disgusting.  Visa applicants should not be subjected to massive changes once they have applied and half way through the process.  

I have traveled through all the info re AOS snd can’t find answer to this query which is if we have an assurer who has a partner who is not an assurer then we have to account for partner in calculations - get that’s ok however query is can then the combined income of assurer and partner be included in total income figure for AOS purposes. It seems unfair to assume the assurer has be responsible for partner as part of their income amount who may well be earning a sizeable amount.  Welcome any info re this.

 Lovely reading comments and seeing names who were behind us now reached the door and shuffled out into the warm autumn in Australia.  For those still trapped in the dreaded waiting room I totally feel for you guys and trust me will all be worth it  I now have total of 3 grandchildren aged 3 months to 6 years here and love being the unpaid on call 24/7 ‘grandma’  kim 

 

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that makes sense)

There are not many of us 173ers here so I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to ask a few questions. 

Where are you up to in the process?

Do you know how long 173 to 143 now takes? (it was only a couple of months when we first decided to take the 173 option).

We regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

Sorry for quizzing you in this way, but any info would be appreciated.

Edited by SusieRoo

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

(Big mistake in applying for a 173 and now realise we should have gone directly for a 143)

Expected 173 visa grant date - March 2021

Expected 143 visa grant date - December 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that make sense)

There are not many of us 173ers here so I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to ask a few questions. 

Where are you up to in the process?

Do you know how long 173 to 143 now takes? (it was only a couple of months when we first decided to take the 173 option).

We now regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

Sorry for quizzing you in this way, but any info would be appreciated.

 

3 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that make sense)

There are not many of us 173ers here so I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to ask a few questions. 

Where are you up to in the process?

Do you know how long 173 to 143 now takes? (it was only a couple of months when we first decided to take the 173 option).

We now regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

Sorry for quizzing you in this way, but any info would be appreciated.

Ditto ditto and ditto. We wished gone straight for 143 but money just wouldn’t work to it. Since granted 173 we have lived and worked here full time. We applied after about 18 months as soon as we knew money was in the bank to do it.  We applied whilst in Australia and can be granted on shore  

Really has been a ‘ducking and diving’ experience as haven’t sold house back in uk and so haven’t got a lot of equity to access but we have managed. 

I was horrified to see waiting time gone from 3 months to over a year when we applied to convert.  I get the new way for aos - I think. It’s just circumstances has turned our ‘that’s all covered’ in terms of requirements for aos to ‘OMG’ what are we going to do. My girls are on maternity leave, and one hubby is assurer for his parents etc etc. They are only so many people you can go to for such a big commitment. Our bad luck that whos available just doesn’t work even with 3 assurers because partners have to be included. 

Worst thing is in June we have to go onti bridging visas which gives you same rights but not really  - as a contractor my husband is ignored as they see temp visa and don’t understand who it works. My son who came with us on application tried to buy a car yesterday and was rejected as 173 runs out in June and he wanted small loan to be able to afford it. Medicare is cancelled from June and we gave to go back on reciprocal etc etc - and to think we could be 6 + months at least on bridging us nightmare. We have to pay to swop to b type of bridging as given a type which means you can leave Australia but then can’t return until 143 granted. B type let’s you travel and return which we have to pay to switch but need as mother in law very very ill and we will need to go back to uk most likely with little notice. 

Hopefully my rant has been useful in some way Kim

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

173 lodged 23 May 2014 Acknowledged 16 Dec 2014. Medical 21 March 2016 granted 24 June 2016

Applied for conversion from 173 to 143 Feb 2018 and STILL waiting!!

18 January 2019 FINALLY received request for AOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea if it will help, but see Allen Collett's post on page 648 that a Qld senator has contacted Jenny Macklin about the unfair retrospective changes to the AOS to the parent visa.

So I have written to several Qld  labour Senators, as I live in Qld,  asking how an honourable country can justify the exhorbitant retrospective changes, and how much our assurer will now have to earn in comparison to the previous amount.

I also wrote that governments have the right to change the conditions, but surely the honourable way is for new applicants not existing ones.

Might help if other posters do the same? I suggest don't make it a rant, just a measured comment asking how it can morally be justified.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramot said:

I have no idea if it will help, but see Allen Collett's post on page 648 that a Qld senator has contacted Jenny Macklin about the unfair retrospective changes to the AOS to the parent visa.

So I have written to several Qld  labour Senators, as I live in Qld,  asking how an honourable country can justify the exhorbitant retrospective changes, and how much our assurer will now have to earn in comparison to the previous amount.

I also wrote that governments have the right to change the conditions, but surely the honourable way is for new applicants not existing ones.

Might help if other posters do the same? I suggest don't make it a rant, just a measured comment asking how it can morally be justified.

Hi Ramot, 

Thanks Ramot for your suggestion.

As i m living in Melbourne, I can write to Melb Labour Senator in my council. Should I identify myself in the email I send to him? 

Have you received any response from any senator so far?

 

  • Like 1

PCV Date of Visa Application 143: 07 Dec 2015

First Payment: 09 Dec 2015

Confirmation Letter: 17 March 2016

Request for further documents: aos, health exam, form 80, police check: 7 Aug 2019

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

Hi Ramot, 

Thanks Ramot for your suggestion.

As i m living in Melbourne, I can write to Melb Labour Senator in my council. Should I identify myself in the email I send to him? 

Have you received any response from any senator so far?

 

Only an acknowledgement of my email. I wrote to all the Qld labour senators who had an email contact, some others wanted lots of details so I didn't bother.

I chose labour senators as I hoped they would be more likely to object.

After our names I put 864 visa applicants.

Who knows if it will help, worth a try rather than just ranting on a forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×