Guest guest36187

yeh its been 2 years and 10 months, from what i can read from dept website, the wait time is around 3 years so my question is about the new AOS rules which kicked in from 1 april 18 where by in order for a single person to sponsor parents he has to be earning 87K per annum, so does this rule apply to exisiting parent visa 143 candidate?

It takes effect from when any AOS is paid for AFTER  1/4/18  not from when you first applied for visa. So yes your application will come under those new rules as you can’t apply for AOS  till asked to supply that and any other documents required. However there is some debate as to whether the new measures will still go ahead or be modified in any way as some Australian senators are questioning it  

Basically everybody here who applied for visa and is still waiting comes under new rules unless they have paid AOS before 1st April this year. 

By the way a single assurer  for 2 parents needs about €88290  annual income for the year of application and also the previous 2 years as well!  You can have more assurers but the combined income level  will increase dramatically as it will if there are any partners or children in the assurers family. 

Edited by LindaH27

44 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

It takes effect from when any AOS is paid for AFTER  1/4/18  not from when you first applied for visa. So yes your application will come under those new rules as you can’t apply for AOS  till asked to supply that and any other documents required. However there is some debate as to whether the new measures will still go ahead or be modified in any way as some Australian senators are questioning it  

Basically everybody here who applied for visa and is still waiting comes under new rules unless they have paid AOS before 1st April this year. 

By the way a single assurer  for 2 parents needs about €88290  annual income for the year of application and also the previous 2 years as well!  You can have more assurers but the combined income level  will increase dramatically as it will if there are any partners or children in the assurers family. 

Not paid for.

Applied for.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

Do we need still AOS requirement if we first apply 173 subclass then 143 subclass aftrr aproval of 173

If you are just now planning on starting your application, I would recommend only applying for a 143 visa and not a 173. The procedure is too long when doing 173+143, which makes you more exposed to changes to the rules and fees.

Anyone have any updates on processing times for the 173/143 upgrades?

On 4/13/2018 at 16:36, thomas1965 said:

What category did you use to upload the documents? I don't see a category for assurance of support ... "Evidence to support claim" or "Financial" or something else?

Nope, still waiting for a case officer. I chose 'Evidence to support claim', I was not sure which category is right. But anyway I waited 4 weeks no response and I called them to get the acceptance letter done.

21 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

If you are just now planning on starting your application, I would recommend only applying for a 143 visa and not a 173. The procedure is too long when doing 173+143, which makes you more exposed to changes to the rules and fees.

Anyone have any updates on processing times for the 173/143 upgrades?

No already applied 173 in 2015 November. Thats why im worried about income requirement im the dependent child & my mother thats it . If u know income requirement for us can u explain. Because for income 1,15,000 u have to very rich

22 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Yes, the AoS is required at the permanent residency visa stage.

Best regards.

Do you know the income requirement for mother and dependent child over 18.. i have one brothrr , sister who are sponsoring me & my mother

3 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

No already applied 173 in 2015 November. Thats why im worried about income requirement im the dependent child & my mother thats it . If u know income requirement for us can u explain. Because for income 1,15,000 u have to very rich

$117,721.88 combined income if your brother and sister are single or $176,582.82 if they both have partners (and more if they have children). You will also need to show proof of this income with tax receipts for the last two years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

$117,721.88 combined income if your brother and sister are single or $176,582.82 if they both have partners (and more if they have children). You will also need to show proof of this income with tax receipts for the last two years.

May I ask where you got these numbers from as they are substantially higher than what the calculator on the centrelink page states? 

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=b153c092ae714b4ebb1e078c663ff115&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&wec-locale=en_US#stay

In AmmyS example, 2 adult assurers, (assuming no dependent children just for calculation sake), 2 adult assurees - income required is $117,721.88 - how did you calculate $176,582.82?

I am only asking as I have to calculate our income requirement for my mother's visa and want to make sure I have the right information.

Thanks

1 hour ago, purpleal said:

May I ask where you got these numbers from as they are substantially higher than what the calculator on the centrelink page states? 

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=b153c092ae714b4ebb1e078c663ff115&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&wec-locale=en_US#stay

In AmmyS example, 2 adult assurers, (assuming no dependent children just for calculation sake), 2 adult assurees - income required is $117,721.88 - how did you calculate $176,582.82?

I am only asking as I have to calculate our income requirement for my mother's visa and want to make sure I have the right information.

Thanks

If 2 Assurers havn't got any partners income required is $115,475 but if they have partners it will rise to $173,214....... $28,869 for per person 2 assurers + 2 partners + 2 asurees total 6 ... 6x28869= $173214

6 minutes ago, SIMHAR said:

If 2 Assurers havn't got any partners income required is $115,475 but if they have partners it will rise to $173,214....... $28,869 for per person 2 assurers + 2 partners + 2 asurees total 6 ... 6x28869= $173214

I have done a hypothetical calculation  on the centrelink website : 2 assurers , each with a partner, 3 children and 2 x adult assurees and I get a figure of $185,411.97. May I ask where you are getting your figures from please?

Thank you.  

1 hour ago, purpleal said:

I am my mother's sponsor (143 visa) , my husband is the assurer. We have 3 children - the calculator says the income requirement is  $97,120.56

$97,120.56 if there is just 1 assuree (parent) on the visa application.

Or you will need a joint income of $126,551.03 if it's for both parents.

On 4/12/2018 at 00:38, gafuk said:

Thanks for the best wishes !.

I am shopping for rates on transfers. TORFX ACCENDO and MONEYCORP totally different figures.Moneycorp best by a few hundred dollars ?? on £48,000

Are they all "Safe" firstly and anyone had good/bad experience ? Ive not used moneycorp before , it's alot of money to make a mistake with

Hi gafuk

Firstly, huge congrats on your visa news.

Regarding money transfers, we used Westpac and can not fault them. They advised us to open an account with their london (UK)  branch, which we did by phone. We were then appointed a personal bank rep who still email every month or so for an update. He guided us through what to do when we landed and we duly opened our Westpac oz account at our local branch.

You can transfer as much or as little as you wish, but the minimum to get the best rate is £5000. As we didn't need all our pounds at once, we decided to watch the exchange rate, so all we have to do now is transfer whatever amount we want to their london branch and they will automatically transfer it into our Westpac OZ account at 1 point below current exchange rate, with  no fees. 

We personally cannot recommend them highly enough.

Regards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1