Guest guest36187

I really cannot understand the disparity in the AoS processing times.  There is Thomas 1965 who has his interview within 1 day of submitting the docs and then approval after 4 days and here we are still waiting for a call after over 14 weeks.  Some people seem to get action if they call Centrelink, but we have called and sent e-mails all to no avail.  Anyone got any suggestions?  We are getting desperate here!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

I really cannot understand the disparity in the AoS processing times.  There is Thomas 1965 who has his interview within 1 day of submitting the docs and then approval after 4 days and here we are still waiting for a call after over 14 weeks.  Some people seem to get action if they call Centrelink, but we have called and sent e-mails all to no avail.  Anyone got any suggestions?  We are getting desperate here!

@zelda It's awful. But u gotta wait even we  had phone call this Monday after 15 weeks. And as our AOS has been going according old nomes they have to do everything manually.

Good luck ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

I really cannot understand the disparity in the AoS processing times.

Did you lodge online or paper form? might be useful info for others.

Another thought is that with the change in income requirements on Apr 1, centrelink might've started processing the applications on a last-in-first-out basis, so they can easily decline the applications that don't meet the income requirement.

Just now, thomas1965 said:

Did you lodge online or paper form? might be useful info for others.

Another thought is that with the change in income requirements on Apr 1, centrelink might've started processing the applications on a last-in-first-out basis, so they can easily decline the applications that don't meet the income requirement.

We lodged in paper form - on line wasn't available when we lodged.  So if your idea of last-in-first-out basis is correct we probably won't get a look in for months.  So unfair.

16 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

It's not just AOS processing times. There are those of us in the queue that lodged visa applications before 25 June that are still waiting for invitations for the next step. 

9 minutes ago, Judy said:

There are those of us in the queue that lodged visa applications before 25 June that are still waiting for invitations for the next step. 

Getting the 'next step' email might be of little comfort. The home affairs site says 90% of 143 applications are being processed in 39 months.

The 'next step' email is clear about the fact that medicals and police clearance are only valid for 6 months, so they could in-fact lapse, before we're even assigned a case officer. Not to mention the fact that the AoS locks away your money for several months, before the AoS period is actually started, so it's more like a 10.5 or 11 year AoS, instead of 10 years.

We lodged our AoS paperwork early, thinking it might take months ... now have a dilemma about whether to pay up or wait.

21 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

thought it was 12 months

You're right - i misread their original email: "Applicants should also be aware that for our purposes medical examinations and police certificates have a validity of only 12 months, and depending on the results of some medical examinations this validity is only for 6 months."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thomas1965 said:

Getting the 'next step' email might be of little comfort. The home affairs site says 90% of 143 applications are being processed in 39 months.

The 'next step' email is clear about the fact that medicals and police clearance are only valid for 6 months, so they could in-fact lapse, before we're even assigned a case officer. Not to mention the fact that the AoS locks away your money for several months, before the AoS period is actually started, so it's more like a 10.5 or 11 year AoS, instead of 10 years.

We lodged our AoS paperwork early, thinking it might take months ... now have a dilemma about whether to pay up or wait.

Welcome to this thread and I hope you don't mind me saying you have appeared like a cat amongst the pigeons.

Am I correct in thinking you can now apply for the AoS at any time (online) and do not need to wait to be instructed by immi?  And the only downside is making the payment in advance?

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Another friday passes with no update :(

It is getting really slow at present. It has been another full month since last update on 13/3/2018. As far as I know there are a great number of applications who have done all required documents such as a completion of AOS etc and were lodged after 20/4/2015 have not heard anything from PVC team yet.

However, interestingly one of applications I know, which was lodged on 26/4/2015 was granted TODAY. 

I am getting confused totally. 

Any idea roomies??

cheers

16 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Am I correct in thinking you can now apply for the AoS at any time (online) and do not need to wait to be instructed by immi?

Not sure ... what was preventing you from lodging a paper based form earlier (without an invitation from immi)? The electronic form asks for some information from immi invitation letter - not sure if you can access this from other places.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, whataday said:

It is getting really slow at present.

I think they're just slow updating the processing date on the email. The info in this forum and other immigration forums shows they're processing applications beyond the 20-april-2015 date listed in the email.

The fact that people like me are getting invitations to complete AoS/medical/police clearance shows there's definitely been progress in the past 2 months, even though the email date has been static.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thomas1965 said:

I think they're just slow updating the processing date on the email. The info in this forum and other immigration forums shows they're processing applications beyond the 20-april-2015 date listed in the email.

The fact that people like me are getting invitations to complete AoS/medical/police clearance shows there's definitely been progress in the past 2 months, even though the email date has been static.

Hi thomas, 

Did you get mail from PVC team 1? 

5 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

The supporting documents are all submitted online, but you still need to visit the office for a 100 point ID check (which is a little ridiculous, because they already have all of this on file from our other centrelink applications). Hopefully they streamline this at some stage.

Oh I remember now. Early this year, all Centerlink online service will be combined in MyGov account. We are unable to log in my Centerlink app anymore. So maybe that is the reason why you @thomas1965 can log through MyGov. It will speed up the whole processing system. 

54 minutes ago, thomas1965 said:

At present, what PVC team frustrates me is the fact that a few applications beyond 20/4/2015 have been contacted by CO or requested for 2nd visa payment. 

I got a reply this afternoon and the lady from PVC still claimed strongly that current assessment was 20/4/2015 and none of applications later than that date have been assessed by CO, which is not true at all. It is so obvious that we all share the progress of our own applications and we have noticed that there are a few granted applications!!

I am really getting upset about so called “assess in a time manner” is it lie?

31 minutes ago, whataday said:

At present, what PVC team frustrates me is the fact that a few applications beyond 20/4/2015 have been contacted by CO or requested for 2nd visa payment. 

I got a reply this afternoon and the lady from PVC still claimed strongly that current assessment was 20/4/2015 and none of applications later than that date have been assessed by CO, which is not true at all. It is so obvious that we all share the progress of our own applications and we have noticed that there are a few granted applications!!

I am really getting upset about so called “assess in a time manner” is it lie?

@whataday - wait till the processing date reaches your date then you can ask immi. I think now even if you ask still no use. 

1 minute ago, TinaH said:

@whataday - wait till the processing date reaches your date then you can ask immi. I think now even if you ask still no use. 

Yes Tina

agreed. Seems they are very tough on that and not negotiable at all 

I reckon the current processing system at PVC needs to be approved/ changed. It is not practical at all. I understand it is a previledge to have an invitation email to get docs prepared in advance however PVC also needs to have a flexiable procedure/solution to those who got all docs completed early than others as long as it is still accep within a reasonable timeframe. Apparently they seem to hold a few completed applications until all up to 36 months. Such a ridiculous arrangement. I don’t know what the real theory/rules behind the scenes but what I know at present that there are a few applications lodged beyond 20/4/2015 have been settled.  Why they still keep saying “currently we are assessing applications lodged up to 20/4/2015”. Come on! Am I a child? Just be honest to list the actual processing date 

hey roomies   Sorry for my frustration and being grumpy 

have a nice weekend

cheers

peter 

4 minutes ago, whataday said:

Yes Tina

agreed. Seems they are very tough on that and not negotiable at all 

I reckon the current processing system at PVC needs to be approved/ changed. It is not practical at all. I understand it is a previledge to have an invitation email to get docs prepared in advance however PVC also needs to have a flexiable procedure/solution to those who got all docs completed early than others as long as it is still accep within a reasonable timeframe. Apparently they seem to hold a few completed applications until all up to 36 months. Such a ridiculous arrangement. I don’t know what the real theory/rules behind the scenes but what I know at present that there are a few applications lodged beyond 20/4/2015 have been settled.  Why they still keep saying “currently we are assessing applications lodged up to 20/4/2015”. Come on! Am I a child? Just be honest to list the actual processing date 

hey roomies   Sorry for my frustration and being grumpy 

have a nice weekend

cheers

peter 

I can understand your frustration but spare a thought for Ray and Geri with a lodgement date of 23/4/15. They have not yet even had a call to prepare documents or medicals or AoS.

• Like 2