Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

I've said before on here that Transferwise seems by far the best to me.... you see what you get guaranteed for 24 hours... they charge upfront so no hidden charges, all done online and you can "do the deal" and you have 24 hours to transfer the money to them..... Check them out.... 

RayandGeri, the ones I've dealt with all do this too.  You see the rate you want and you book the deal and that is the rate you get, which you then need to pay for.  But be careful if they are only giving you 24 hours!  I came up against a problem with my bank which decided that my transfer to pay for my deals looked dodgy and immediately blocked the transactions.  Luckily, both Foremost and Moneycorp were very understanding and allowed plenty of time for the problem to be resolved and my transfers to go through to pay for my booked deals.  To be honest, I think most dealers would give you at least 48 hours to pay for a booked deal; mine are  happy to give me much longer, while preserving the rate I booked at.  No charges upfront, no hidden charges, no fees.  The only fee I've ever paid was to my Australian bank which sometimes charges a fee for receiving my money!  Why?  No idea! And they only do it sometimes.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, whataday said:

Thanks Tina

I have not heard anything from PVC team1 and getting very frustrated and angry

Once again, happy for you and your mum

I hope i will be with my mom very soon too

Cheers

Peter

Peter, maybe they'll be all happened next week, 2nd VAC request and Visa grant. Just get the money ready, pay as soon as you get the request, then visa will be granted within a week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Peter, maybe they'll be all happened next week, 2nd VAC request and Visa grant. Just get the money ready, pay as soon as you get the request, then visa will be granted within a week.

Thanks for your advice,Tina

I have not got CO yet. Have you got CO or just received a 2nd payment request directly?

4 minutes ago, superman2016 said:

HI Roomie,

Has any 07/2015 lodger receive am invite from Home affair department yet?

Kev

Hi Kev

As far as i am aware, there only a few application lodged in early July received the invite email.

Cheers

Peter

• Thanks 1

Just now, whataday said:

Thanks for your advice,Tina

I have not got CO yet. Have you got CO or just received a 2nd payment request directly?

I've got an email from pvc team 1 to request 2nd VAC, then at the bottom there was Case Officer's Name and Position Number. So I think if we have all the requested documents, CO will contact you to request for 2nd VAC. Another case is if there is still any outstanding docs, the CO will contact you first before request for 2nd payment. 

• Like 1

Just now, TinaH said:

I've got an email from pvc team 1 to request 2nd VAC, then at the bottom there was Case Officer's Name and Position Number. So I think if we have all the requested documents, CO will contact you to request for 2nd VAC. Another case is if there is still any outstanding docs, the CO will contact you first before request for 2nd payment. 

Sure

See what will happens to my mum's application

19 minutes ago, Emmys Gran said:

We lodged at end of June and have heard nothing yet

One of mah friend who applied subclass 173 on 30th June 2015, directly got request few days back. Seems like 173 lodgers are getting VIP treatment ?

9 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Not heard of the second one and haven't used Torfx, but Money are a safe bet.  You can do it online, so if you see a great rate in the middle of the night you can grab it - no waiting for office hours.  I've used both Moneycorp and Foremost, no complaints about either service and they both provide excellent personal phone service if you need it - both very professional.  

I used  a highly recommended one but then regretted not using Transferwise. They have money in Aus already so offer good rates. They are also authorised by FCA In U K so are safe. They have to keep your money in a protected account   In case of problems. 

• Like 2

On 11 April 2018 at 19:04, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years 3 months waiting, weekly emails to Immi for updates, problem after problem with medical tests ( mainly Bureaucratic ). Yesterday,  we have finally received our request for 2nd Vac !. Ironically our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged contracts on our house sale also. So Perth,  Western  Australia is finally in our sights and we can organise international movers and look at flights . We are not there yet but hopefully everything will be sorted for a late May early June departure.

Thanks very much to everyone on the forum for advice and help and just sharing your journey with others. It is comforting to share the same boat. Good luck to all of the long timers and new applicants and wish you all good luck and little as possible stress. LIke me and my wife , one day I hope you will have a big  smile and great sense of relief.

Hi so pleased for you, this process is stressful enough without what you have had to deal with. Wish you lots of luck with the final stage ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TinaH said:

Hello everyone, just to let you know my mom visa has been GRANTEEEED a few minutes ago. I just want to say thank you very much for everyone's help and supports during the most stressing time of my life. :)

Thank you and speedy visa to all parents in this waiting room. xoxo :x

Congratulations so pleased for you and your mum ?

• Like 1

Can anyone out there just confirm to me what letter has to be sent into the team1, is it the letter from Centrelink to pay the AOS bond into the bank or do I have to wait for an acknowledgement letter for Centrelink to say that the money has been lodged. 

6 hours ago, TinaH said:

Hello everyone, just to let you know my mom visa has been GRANTEEEED a few minutes ago. I just want to say thank you very much for everyone's help and supports during the most stressing time of my life. :)

Congrats TinaH glad it’s all finally happened and life can go back to normal again.  Hoping they start moving the date soon so we can crack on and sort the mess out! ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikenC said:

The bond was paid on 05/04 and Centrelink informed that day

@MikenC ~ not the bond request letter. You’ll need to email to DIBP The Acceptance letter. After you paid the bond, bring the letter from CBA to Centerlink, then they’ll Issue a letter to let you know your AOS has been accepted in around 1-2 weeks. 

Edited by TinaH

40 minutes ago, TinaH said:

@MikenC ~ not the bond request letter. You’ll need to email to DIBP The Acceptance letter. After you paid the bond, bring the letter from CBA to Centerlink, then they’ll Issue a letter to let you know your AOS has been accepted in around 1-2 weeks. 

Thank you for your reply. I think I'm just a little jumpy after all this time!  

I keep telling myself it's really not long now

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:38, gafuk said:

Thanks for the best wishes !.

I am shopping for rates on transfers. TORFX ACCENDO and MONEYCORP totally different figures.Moneycorp best by a few hundred dollars ?? on £48,000

Are they all "Safe" firstly and anyone had good/bad experience ? Ive not used moneycorp before , it's alot of money to make a mistake with

We have used TransferWise with very good results...fast and good rate of exchange. Congrats on your long awaited Visa!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TinaH said:

Its all happening at the moment.. Congratulations !

• Thanks 1