Guest guest36187

54 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years 3 months waiting, weekly emails to Immi for updates, problem after problem with medical tests ( mainly Bureaucratic ). Yesterday,  we have finally received our request for 2nd Vac !. Ironically our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged contracts on our house sale also. So Perth,  Western  Australia is finally in our sights and we can organise international movers and look at flights . We are not there yet but hopefully everything will be sorted for a late May early June departure.

Thanks very much to everyone on the forum for advice and help and just sharing your journey with others. It is comforting to share the same boat. Good luck to all of the long timers and new applicants and wish you all good luck and little as possible stress. LIke me and my wife , one day I hope you will have a big  smile and great sense of relief.

Fabulous news!  It's been an exceptionally long wait for you, and it must now be a great relief.  I'm very happy for you both now that everything is finally falling into place.  . Congratulations.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years 3 months waiting, weekly emails to Immi for updates, problem after problem with medical tests ( mainly Bureaucratic ). Yesterday,  we have finally received our request for 2nd Vac !. Ironically our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged contracts on our house sale also. So Perth,  Western  Australia is finally in our sights and we can organise international movers and look at flights . We are not there yet but hopefully everything will be sorted for a late May early June departure.

Thanks very much to everyone on the forum for advice and help and just sharing your journey with others. It is comforting to share the same boat. Good luck to all of the long timers and new applicants and wish you all good luck and little as possible stress. LIke me and my wife , one day I hope you will have a big  smile and great sense of relief.

Nice one gafuk.....have a great life out there.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone

Regarding to the Assurance of Support, it says an assurer can either be an individual or an organization (incorporated or unincorporated). Me and my partner have a business in partnership form. Our business has been running for 6 months now. I'm wondering if our business if eligible to be an assurer for a parents visa?

Thank you and have a good day :D

29 minutes ago, OZbunny said:

Hi everyone

Regarding to the Assurance of Support, it says an assurer can either be an individual or an organization (incorporated or unincorporated). Me and my partner have a business in partnership form. Our business has been running for 6 months now. I'm wondering if our business if eligible to be an assurer for a parents visa?

Thank you and have a good day :D

A partnership is not a body corporate, so no, I don't believe it can be an assurer.

What is the "it" you are referring to when you say " ... it says an assurer can be ..."?

Best regards.

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

A partnership is not a body corporate, so no, I don't believe it can be an assurer.

What is the "it" you are referring to when you say " ... it says an assurer can be ..."?

Best regards.

Oh that's what I read on Human Service website: 

Incorporated and unincorporated organisations

An organisation can be an assurer. To do this they must be:

• a genuine incorporated or unincorporated organisation, and
  • able to support the assuree

They need to give us proof:

• of registration
  • of steady trading for at least 24 months before the date you apply

The organisation must be genuine. It can’t be set up just to be able to give an assurance of support.

To prove an organisation is genuine we need to see documents that could be:

• tax returns
  • letters from their accountant, or
  • a statement from the Australian Securities Investments Commission (ASIC)

3 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations! fantastic news!

Makes me feel very emotional after following your ups and downs for so long on this thread.

Good luck with the move and please keep us informed of progress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

Very very happy for you. Good luck and all the best ??

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the best wishes !.

I am shopping for rates on transfers. TORFX ACCENDO and MONEYCORP totally different figures.Moneycorp best by a few hundred dollars ?? on £48,000

Are they all "Safe" firstly and anyone had good/bad experience ? Ive not used moneycorp before , it's alot of money to make a mistake with

I am shopping for rates on transfers. TORFX ACCENDO and MONEYCORP totally different figures.Moneycorp best by a few hundred dollars ?? on £48,000
Are they all "Safe" firstly and anyone had good/bad experience ? Ive not used moneycorp before , it's alot of money to make a mistake with

I haven’t used any of the ones you mention but I have heard of them. I used to use UKForex but I now use TransferWise - they are competitive, safe and quick. I would recommend them.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

We have been using TransferWise without any problems and can highly recommend their system.

I have just taken a screenshot to show the current rate and fee.

5ace3b0972d94_Screenshot2018-04-1117_39_26.thumb.png.13b4d896eac20e81ed1d4262b102a7e4.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gafuk said:

We've used Moneycorp - no problems at all.  Very good service.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

Thats wonderful news, so pleased for you both. Good luck with it all :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gafuk said:

To be honest i think there isnt much difference between the online companies. I went with XE for a while then they were taken over, rates didnt seem so good after that. I'm currently using Trwnsferwise and would reccomend them - the process for ordering and paying is really streamlined and their rates seem a little better than some. Plus the money arrives really quickly.  Let us know if you find anyone offering two dollars to the pound won't you :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, gafuk said:

The AUD$ is now quite low. It’s very good time to exchange some money. You better be quick coz it’ll increase back very soon. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, gafuk said:

Not heard of the second one and haven't used Torfx, but Moneycorp are a safe bet.  You can do it online, so if you see a great rate in the middle of the night you can grab it - no waiting for office hours.  I've used both Moneycorp and Foremost, no complaints about either service and they both provide excellent personal phone service if you need it - both very professional.  

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 1

Firstly so happy to hear your good news at last. Re moving money over we have used Halo and still are as we keep moving chunks when the exchange rate is good. Have a happy and healthy life in Perth.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TinaH said:

Thanks @nyorksgrannie

Usually how long we have to wait after we pay the 2nd VAC?

If your parents are offshore then it should be approx as little as a week or two of them receiving funds. As we were onshore on a 12 month visa we had to supply a copy of our travel plans and it was granted the same day we flew to Fiji.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyorksgrannie said:

If your parents are offshore then it should be approx as little as a week or two of them receiving funds. As we were onshore on a 12 month visa we had to supply a copy of our travel plans and it was granted the same day we flew to Fiji.

@nyorksgrannie ~ thank you very much. My parent is offshore and the cheque was sent to IMMI on 10/4/18. Now just wait to be received and visa granted. 

Hello everyone, just to let you know my mom visa has been GRANTEEEED a few minutes ago. I just want to say thank you very much for everyone's help and supports during the most stressing time of my life. :)

Thank you and speedy visa to all parents in this waiting room. xoxo :x

Edited by TinaH
  • Like 13

Just now, TinaH said:

Hello everyone, just to let you know my mom visa has been granted a few minutes ago. I just want to say thank you very much for everyone's help and supports during the most stressing time of my life. :)

Thank you and speedy visa to all parents in this waiting room. xoxo :x

FANTASTIC NEWS

NOW YOU CAN HAPPILY UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE AGAIN

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gafuk said:

I've said before on here that Transferwise seems by far the best to me.... you see what you get guaranteed for 24 hours... they charge upfront so no hidden charges, all done online and you can "do the deal" and you have 24 hours to transfer the money to them..... Check them out.... 

• Like 2