Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Guys, finally I've got an email request for 2nd VAC today. Cheque arranged and sent on the same day. I'm very happy. I called my mom and my tears started to come out without noticing it.

Good luck and fingers crossed to everyone. xoxo

Congratulations Tina. I am so happy for you ? ?. Cheers ? And yeah it's time to change signature ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, finally I've got an email request for 2nd VAC today. Cheque arranged and sent on the same day. I'm very happy. I called my mom and my tears started to come out without noticing it.

Congratulations!! :)

Can you please tell me your lodgement date?
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ammy143 said:

Anybody know about the AOS income requirement according to new rules.? My brother married and sister married having one child ? sponsoring two adults how much income is required 

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=34d2688b28984064b998d5e17948910b&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&wec-locale=en_US#stay

This online calculator is your friend ...

Best regards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TinaH said:

Congrats and hope the good luck gets us all through! :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You do realise you have to be dependant when the application is assessed which will be in about three years time. 

I hate to be negative when we applied three years ago we were told 18 months so it could end up being twice as long a wait than you expect. :(

Well, we have just managed a quick call with our daughter.  She spent 1 hour 20 mins on the phone this morning waiting to speak to someone at AoS Centrelink.  They have confirmed (again) that all the AoS paperwork was received on 3 Jan and that it is all in order.  She was advised that the time for processing is 18 weeks!  Slightly longer than the 8 weeks which other people have been quoted.  She was told to check again in the middle of May!  Having done a spreadsheet with 13 people who have had their AoS approved it would seem that the average waiting time from submission to interview is 10 weeks - the shortest waiting time was 6 weeks and the longest 17 weeks.  The majority were contacted within less than 9 weeks.  We are at 14 already and still waiting.  We are seriously thinking we will have to put in a complaint.

The only good thing about the phone call was that they confirmed that as we had submitted prior to 1 April the old rules apply to us.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

I hate to be negative when we applied three years ago we were told 18 months so it could end up being twice as long a wait than you expect. :(

Not negative just realistic. There were over 5 years worth of applications in the pipeline last July and probably close to 7 now. If I was 22 years old I would try to get my own visa as I'm not sure if the 143 category will even last that long.

Just heard that someone submitted AOS on 3rd Apr according to old policy, and received phone call on 6th Apr saying the income was not enough and they gave her 14 days only to resubmit another AoS application

It took them 18 weeks to process AoS applications before 1st Apr, yet only 3 days to reject the new ones... 

Please write to local MPs, to Senators to complain about this change...The new determination will pass unless there is a motion to disallow it. Maybe it is not very hopeful, but we should try...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

https://ministers.dss.gov.au/dan-tehan/contact

Contact details for the Minister who signed off on the Determination changing the AoS provisions.

Some may want to communicate to request that the retrospective consequence of the instrument is recognised, and the provisions are changed so they do not impact already lodged visa applications.

Best regards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I sent complaint emails to: 

Jenny Macklin, Shadow Minister for Families and Social Services, jmacklin.mp@aph.gov.au
Senator Nick McKim, senator.mckim@aph.gov.au; Last year he introduced motion to disallow the 10-year visa ban for providing false information

I will send more emails tomorrow

On 04/04/2018 at 16:28, Geoffandgill said:

Just heard from our daughter who is on holiday in Queensland, that she has had her Centrelink phone call interview. 6 weeks roughly from AoS application, not bad going! 

Geoff & Gill

Heard today from our daughter that she has received e-mail from Centrelink to pay bond within 14 days. It didn’t really give her clear instructions how to go about this but checked back with “Catlady” posts and hopefully found the answers. One thing the letter said was that she is responsible for our welfare should we need help, and not to go to Centrelink. Why then do they need a bond ?

Geoff & Gill

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Heard today from our daughter that she has received e-mail from Centrelink to pay bond within 14 days. It didn’t really give her clear instructions how to go about this but checked back with “Catlady” posts and hopefully found the answers. One thing the letter said was that she is responsible for our welfare should we need help, and not to go to Centrelink. Why then do they need a bond ?

Geoff & Gill

Because you can go to Centrelink in certain circumstances, and claim social security payments.

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/1/10

Best regards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/04/2018 at 17:39, TinaH said:

Congratulations to you and your parents!  I hope they don’t have long to wait for their visas.

• Like 4

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years 3 months waiting, weekly emails to Immi for updates, problem after problem with medical tests ( mainly Bureaucratic ). Yesterday,  we have finally received our request for 2nd Vac !. Ironically our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged contracts on our house sale also. So Perth,  Western  Australia is finally in our sights and we can organise international movers and look at flights . We are not there yet but hopefully everything will be sorted for a late May early June departure.

Thanks very much to everyone on the forum for advice and help and just sharing your journey with others. It is comforting to share the same boat. Good luck to all of the long timers and new applicants and wish you all good luck and little as possible stress. LIke me and my wife , one day I hope you will have a big  smile and great sense of relief.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years 3 months waiting, weekly emails to Immi for updates, problem after problem with medical tests ( mainly Bureaucratic ). Yesterday,  we have finally received our request for 2nd Vac !. Ironically our solicitor phoned to say we have exchanged contracts on our house sale also. So Perth,  Western  Australia is finally in our sights and we can organise international movers and look at flights . We are not there yet but hopefully everything will be sorted for a late May early June departure.

Thanks very much to everyone on the forum for advice and help and just sharing your journey with others. It is comforting to share the same boat. Good luck to all of the long timers and new applicants and wish you all good luck and little as possible stress. LIke me and my wife , one day I hope you will have a big  smile and great sense of relief.

Congrats ! :)

• Like 2