Guest guest36187

Susie you are probably right about quite a lot of UK parents, we certainly will never need state support, but parents applying for the visa come from all sorts of countries, and might not be as financially secure.

I am so angry that yet again innocent prospective immigrants have applied and paid for a visa to be totally screwed by retrospective legislation. We are financially sound, have more money than our son, but this is irrelevant apparently. We have been treated dishonestly.

This happened years ago to those on a student visa who like us had had their visas lodged and all paid for to have the same happen. there were complaints petitions etc. but nothing helped.

Although the new rules have already been implemented, by Centrelink? do they have to be passed by government? or is there no redress at all? Perhaps Alan Collett might know?

We are going to wait and see, our son doesn't quite earn enough to now meet the new amount, we have other options hopefully, and if we really feel strongly enough we will cancel our application and stay on our retirement visa, but I did want the security of PR.

• Like 4

On 9 March 2018 at 22:37, Kathss56 said:

There is and never has been any logic by the looks of it ? Pot luck springs to mind! 

I am sick to death of hearing about the uselessness of parent migrants. We are paying Australian taxes and spending our money in Australia as soon as we arrive. We are also handing over a great deal of money to the Aus govt for our visas. Many of us will provide free child care enabling our sons and daughters to work and provide a good life for their children.  i think the whole idea of Assurance of support is ridiculous, stressful for all concerned and a real time- waster. They should just check into parents income and increase the size of the bond (what exactly is that for???) if they must, but leave the kids income out of it. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Dutton is a hard nut and reading more of this makes me concerned the whole parent visa process is going to change significantly. The new temp visa is still delayed and undoubtedly once it's up and running, we will see other visa streams closing. I am still shaken in the way the AOS process just changed without any warning, which makes you realise just how vulnerable we are.

The thing is Dutton says he wants younger immigrants well our daughter was one moved there at 19.  They promoted family growth - she has four children.. just what the government suggested and now she’s penalised for wanting family support. She has no UK family support but thankfully a lovely Aussie one but she needs us as well!  Politicians never think things through it’s all knee jerk!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, donovandenese said:

The new AoS regulations were brought in by a legislative instrument which doesn’t require debate and a vote in Parliament. 

Could it be disallowed by Senate? I have sent complaint emails to Jenny Macklin, (Shadow Minister for Families and Social Services). I know many other people have sent complaint emails to senators. 

On 05/04/2018 at 12:08, hnui said:

It was commenced at 1/4/2018. The applicants of AOS after this date will apply the new rule. 

On 05/04/2018 at 12:09, hnui said:

Although it will need go to table in the parliament, but that's after 8th of May. Before that, new rules applied.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I just need your suggestion. Luckily, my parents qualified for family balance ( we are two of them. Me and my sister) and my sister is permanent resident in australia. My parents applied for 143 visa and they also added me as dependent ( coz when we applied 143 i was 22 year old and studying in australia as full time student and dependent on my father financially.) and we also got confirmation from immigration and our date is 2 march 2018. 

They did a lot of changes in AOS. Can anyone please tell me how much income my sister need to show for AOS? For three of them? Or is it possible like 1 person pay for 3 adults? Or we need someone for 3 adults? 

There can be more than one assurer but they can only sponsor 2 adults and dependants under 18 I think under one AOS  but there are other forum members who  will have more knowledge of dependants than I do and hopefully will chip in. One single person sponsoring two adults would need  annual income of approx $88000

Edited by LindaH27

Guys, finally I've got an email request for 2nd VAC today. Cheque arranged and sent on the same day. I'm very happy. I called my mom and my tears started to come out without noticing it.

Good luck and fingers crossed to everyone. xoxo

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Dutton is a hard nut and reading more of this makes me concerned the whole parent visa process is going to change significantly. The new temp visa is still delayed and undoubtedly once it's up and running, we will see other visa streams closing. I am still shaken in the way the AOS process just changed without any warning, which makes you realise just how vulnerable we are.

I think it is inevitable the process for all visas is going to change significantly and a number of visas abolished. There is already a review taking place that the government wants to see the number of visa categories being cut from the hundreds to about ten. 

If you are shocked at the Aos changes, you should see some of the things that have happened. For example a couple of years ago, there was a skilled visa group known as Cat 5. These were skilled visas with low priority processing. Many of the applicants were living in Australia for a lot of years on bridging visas. Then without warning, the minister cancelled them retrospectively. Applicants were given 28 days to leave the country. The icing on the cake. They could get a refund on the visa fee if they still had the original paper receipt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Guys, finally I've got an email request for 2nd VAC today. Cheque arranged and sent on the same day. I'm very happy. I called my mom and my tears started to come out without noticing it.

Tina

Sooooooo happpppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for you

Big congrat in advance

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Cat 5 Potential immigrants on the  whole were treated appallingly. My son was one of them so we lived through the nightmare. It affected mostly students I think. My son had studied through to an MBA, had front loaded his visa which was necessary everything required was in place, fee paid, and then like the parent visa the rules were changed retrospectively. He was one of the lucky ones, but thousandsI think lots who had studied hairdressing or cooking mainly, stayed for about 5 years on bridging visas to then be told they were cancelled and had to leave. They had lived years in limbo and hope.

We can all understand that immigration rules change for new applicants from a certain date, but it's when they change retrospectively that it's verging on being dishonest, let alone morally wrong You have paid for a visa, understand and accept the conditions, but to then have the conditions changed with no opportunity to appeal smacks of cheating to me. Must have learnt something from their cricketers!!!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, whataday said:

Tina

Sooooooo happpppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for you

Big congrat in advance

Cheers

@whataday ~ Thank you!!! Yours will be very soon as well. I guess we'll have some updates for processing date by the end of this week

Edited by TinaH

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Fantastic news TinaH ??. Congratulations.  Hopefully my parents email will come through soon! Fed up of these visa queues. Queued for our visas, queued for my parents visas and sat on another queue for our citizenship! 

• Thanks 1