Guest guest36187

31 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi All,

There has been alot of talk and confusion about the changes with AOS and centrelink requirements. Alan Collett from "go matilda" as always helping outwith free advice , 

Our daughter has had the AOS interview etc 8 weeks ago paid the $14k  and has been waiting for the acceptance letter so I am presuming we are not affected by the changes ???? 

Anyone any ideas on the waiting time on receiving the acceptance letter from centrelink ?.

We have eventually got our medical situation sorted so we were hoping to  have the request for 2nd Vac.That won't happen until the Aos is completed. Just trying to build a timeframe picture as we move out of our house in 4 weeks and move in with relatives which is not ideal. Stuff we are taking to Oz will go to storage as until we have visa granted don't dare take a chance on shipping it.

Any info or comments from anyone welcome thanks

( duplicated on other post sorry )

I can only make a guess, but I think you will have the visa granted before you move out of your house. I know you have had the medical delay but you must be near the top of the pile now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

I posted two different calculations earlier for the same scenario. Daughter, partner and one child sponsoring one adult parent. According to this guide http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60  my calculations came out as 89493.40. But according to centre link calculator it’s 91234.46!!

which is correct please? 

I got 91234.46 also for same scenario 

Not sure where this leaves us as we have a daughter with 4 children 6 days a week and a partner who has 3 children 2 days a week. How on earth do we work this out? I am despairing as I don’t that we ever get toOz now they have imposed such ridiculously high figures.  Our daughter and partner don’t have high paid jobs so do we give up now? 

23 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Not sure where this leaves us as we have a daughter with 4 children 6 days a week and a partner who has 3 children 2 days a week. How on earth do we work this out? I am despairing as I don’t that we ever get toOz now they have imposed such ridiculously high figures.  Our daughter and partner don’t have high paid jobs so do we give up now? 

Don't give up, I think we need to wait for more clarification.

In your case your daughter would need an income of over $300k to be your sponsor. I think there has to be something wrong with the way this is calculated.

At this rate it will eliminate 80% of applicants.

On 04/04/2018 at 12:42, whataday said:

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/eligibilityPage.jsf?wec-appid=aoscalc&wec-locale=en_US#stay

Centrelink just announced an update on AOS eligibility and requirements of assures’ taxable income 

It seems the requirement of AOS is getting tougher 

check it out. 

Thanks whataday, this is very helpful.

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

You can have up to 3 assurers If you look at examples on Centrelink they say such a person ie. daughter

/son and their  FRIEND !? Also it would be worth paying a small fee for professional advice. 

Edited by Kathss56

39 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

You can have up to 3 assurers If you look at examples on Centrelink they say such a person ie. daughter

/son and their  FRIEND !? Also it would be worth paying a small fee for professional advice. 

Thanks we are starting to think about this but do children who are part time with their other parent considered as full children if you know what I mean as they don’t have to home and feed 3 of them for 5/7ths of the time and the other 4 for 1/7ths of the time?  Very confusing! When you don’t have a standard family. :(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks we are starting to think about this but do children who are part time with their other parent considered as full children if you know what I mean as they don’t have to home and feed 3 of them for 5/7ths of the time and the other 4 for 1/7ths of the time?  Very confusing! When you don’t have a standard family. :(

I would have thought if not legal guardian? If it is not the children’s permanent address etc.,?

5 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

I would speak to an agent for clarification

We have an agent but they’ve just said look at website link. Think we’ll need to contact them again as they don’t seem to be aware of exactly what this involves! Our daughter partner and children are in tears over this at the moment and we have nothing to stay in the U.K. for. Just feel completely conned and let down at the mo. Hope tomorrow allows us to regroup and get somewhere!

17 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I think @AMP sorted some health insurance out for 600 visa but haven’t noticed her on the site recently. 

Oh this process has probably caused some people more problems and disappointments than normal in their lives. ☹️

Hi everyone, here I am again.  It’s right, I haven’t been posting lately thiugh I do pop in to the forum still from time to time to see how everyone else is getting on and to keep updated on current issues.  Kath56 can rightly feel miffed that she had conditions of 12 months in 18 months plus medical conditions attached to her 600 visa.  My situation seemed identical to hers and I didn’t have any conditions attached, even though I had also applied for “multiple stay”.  It really does make it all seem like pot luck as to which clerk processes the application.

As for health insurance, well, as I didn’t have that condition attached I just took out an extras insurance which covers for things like dental or pharmacy.  This is with HBF and allows you to do a multiple choice for  the 5 areas of cover which are most relevant for you.  It wouldn’t meet the requirements for health cover if you are required to have this under the terms of your 600 visa though.  I had previously done some research in case this was one of my visa requirements and the best I had come up with were BUPA or Australian Unity, of which the latter gave a cheaper quote,.

Good luck everyone!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

We have an agent but they’ve just said look at website link. Think we’ll need to contact them again as they don’t seem to be aware of exactly what this involves! Our daughter partner and children are in tears over this at the moment and we have nothing to stay in the U.K. for. Just feel completely conned and let down at the mo. Hope tomorrow allows us to regroup and get somewhere!

Great, you have an agent you are paying to tell you to look on the web site..... this agent doesn't seem to want to do much for their money do they.... perhaps you should name and shame them...... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Maybe your daughter could ask go into Centrelink and ask for advice direct ? As I would have thought her partners children won’t count in this.

you’re agent should definitely be helping you on this .  I would swop agent if you can or pay a small fee to ask another one for advice.You need to know now not another year down the line. 

Good luck ?

Edited by Kathss56

17 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Please don't give up.  We will get there in the end I'm sure.

Guest manrug

Hi Folks

Although I have been visiting this thread frequently and learning a great deal from every one's experience, this is the first time I am writing. My wife and I applied for 143 visa in January 2017. At that time our son had been in Australia for 3 years and was settled. He is now thinking of returning to the UK. My question is: by the time our application is considered if our son is not in Australia and has returned to the UK, could we get another friend for the AOS and still get our 143? It is an unusual question but  I am sure there may be someone else who has had a similar experience. 

37 minutes ago, manrug said:

Hi Folks

Although I have been visiting this thread frequently and learning a great deal from every one's experience, this is the first time I am writing. My wife and I applied for 143 visa in January 2017. At that time our son had been in Australia for 3 years and was settled. He is now thinking of returning to the UK. My question is: by the time our application is considered if our son is not in Australia and has returned to the UK, could we get another friend for the AOS and still get our 143? It is an unusual question but  I am sure there may be someone else who has had a similar experience. 

As far as I know AoS sponsor could be anyone *not sure PR holder or must be Citizen.

Hi Folks

I believe your assurer doesn’t have to be a family member so it could be a friend as long as he/she is a Permanent Resident or Citizen. Maybe I’m missing something but if your son returns to the UK will you still meet the family criteria for a 143 i.e. will you have other sons or daughters over there?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Leask said:

I believe your assurer doesn’t have to be a family member so it could be a friend as long as he/she is a Permanent Resident or Citizen. Maybe I’m missing something but if your son returns to the UK will you still meet the family criteria for a 143 i.e. will you have other sons or daughters over there?

Think that you are right as children must be normally resident for balance of family test

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Pare/balance-of-family-test

5 hours ago, manrug said:

Hi Folks

I think it’s no problem to get someone else to be your sponsor, and it doesn’t have to be a family member. Also if your son has Australian PR only and moves back to the UK, you would probably not qualify for parent visas. But if your son becomes an Australian citizen before leaving, I think you may then still qualify.

Personally I think it would be wise for your son to become a citizen anyway, you never know what the future may hold. Keeping his options open in this way is a no-brainer, especially when you think about what everyone here is going through to trying to get into Australia.