Guest guest36187

4 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Now I am more and more concerned.  Having read the new criteria for AoS it would seem that our daughter will not fill the requirements regarding income.  Does her application go by the old rules or the new ones.  This is so frustrating, especially as we will not need her financial support at all as we are fortunate enough to have adequate guaranteed pensions in place.  What do we do now?  More worries to add to the pile already there.

I don’t think you’ll be affected. Don’t worry. It’s not relevant till 1/7/18. 

• Like 1

for one parent applying for 143

Income requirement
$58,860.94 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$10,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

for 2 parents applying for143

Income requirement
$88,291.41 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Arrived in Fiji for holiday yesterday and Visa granted same day !!!  Can’t quite believe it after almost three years :D:D

Good luck to everyone else waiting hope yours isn’t much longer Pertenhall.

Congratulations ??  we are off to Bali on the 13/4 so ours should be granted too ? . Enjoy your holiday ??

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Again this is only for family visas not parents visas as far as I can make out? 

I completed the on-line questionnaire which calculates the amount needed and put in 143 Visa and it came up with just over AUD 88K which I reckon is about AUD20K up on last year's requirements, unless I am reading things wrongly.

Looks more like 2k not 20k??

Example (worked on the assumption that the NSA income cut-off amount is $28,868.84 as at 1 July 2017):

• if one person gives an AoS for 2 adults the income requirement will be $86,606.52 (the applicable NSA income cut-off amount of $28,868.84 multiplied by the total number of adult assurer and adult assurees (3)), or
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:
Looks more like 2k not 20k??

Example (worked on the assumption that the NSA income cut-off amount is $28,868.84 as at 1 July 2017):

• if one person gives an AoS for 2 adults the income requirement will be $86,606.52 (the applicable NSA income cut-off amount of $28,868.84 multiplied by the total number of adult assurer and adult assurees (3)), or

Maybe we have been working with totally incorrect figures then.   But surely they could have come back to us straight away if we were nowhere near the figure required.  We can always get a 2nd assurer. I had the following for 1 Jul 2016, I know the figures will have increased since then due to annual iuncreases:

Example (worked on the NSA rate is $14,869.40 as at 1 July 2016):

if one person gives an AoS for 2 adults the income requirement will be $44608.20 and

the base FTB Part A rate and the applicable supplement amount of $2251.50 multiplied by the total number of the assurer's children (2)) = $4503.02.  Total amount required = $49111.22

Edited by Pertenhall

7 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Arrived in Fiji for holiday yesterday and Visa granted same day !!!  Can’t quite believe it after almost three years :D:D

Good luck to everyone else waiting hope yours isn’t much longer Pertenhall.

Many congrats. All the very best to you ??

5 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Maybe we have been working with totally incorrect figures then.   But surely they could have come back to us straight away if we were nowhere near the figure required.  We can always get a 2nd assurer. I had the following for 1 Jul 2016, I know the figures will have increased since then due to annual iuncreases:

Example (worked on the NSA rate is $14,869.40 as at 1 July 2016):

if one person gives an AoS for 2 adults the income requirement will be $44608.20 and

the base FTB Part A rate and the applicable supplement amount of $2251.50 multiplied by the total number of the assurer's children (2)) = $4503.02.  Total amount required = $49111.22

Hi Peter,

Using the Centrelink calculator on an 864 visa I have the following (I find it odd that spouse and dependants are optional given they adjust the number so I am not clear if I have misunderstood the meaning of their inclusion);

Assurer (no spouse or kids)

Income requirement
$88,291.41 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

Assurer + Spouse

Income requirement
$117,721.88 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

Assurer with Spouse + 2 kids

Income requirement
$123,607.98 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You need to be consulting your professional advisors on this. It is always HIGHLY recommended that in the case of parent visas a range of professional advice is sought including migration agents and independent financial advisors familiar with migration. 

The situation does appear to be somewhat confusing.

In 2015, when we applied, the income level required for an assurer with spouse and child standing assurance for 2 adults was just over $46,000. Today using the Australian Government DHS AOS eligibility checker for a 143 visa the income level required is $120,665 - quite a jump. In both cases the bond seems to be $14,000 for 2 people.

Is this new level for all applicants immediately or just for new applicants? 

Alan can you shed any light on this please.

Edited by Wishfull

Hi Peter,
Using the Centrelink calculator on an 864 visa I have the following (I find it odd that spouse and dependants are optional given they adjust the number so I am not clear if I have misunderstood the meaning of their inclusion);
Assurer (no spouse or kids)
Income requirement $88,291.41 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer. Bank Guarantee $14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved. Assurer + Spouse
Income requirement $117,721.88 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer. Bank Guarantee $14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved. Assurer with Spouse + 2 kids
Income requirement $123,607.98 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer. Bank Guarantee $14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

Will all these new rules apply to old applicants as well?

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You need to be consulting your professional advisors on this. It is always HIGHLY recommended that in the case of parent visas a range of professional advice is sought including migration agents and independent financial advisors familiar with migration. 

Agree - the calculator is not very clear whether spouse and dependants should be included, but as I was not planning on being an assurer (brother is doing that), I hadn't checked this previously, only looking as links relating to increase have been posted.

2 hours ago, Ferrets said:

Honestly best to speak to your agent for advice, I am only following links to the calculator at this point.

Not all of us have used an agent, certainly more than a bit concerned by this increase. Seems an unrealistic amount, well above the average wage. Won't get too worried until it's confirmed.

How many additional sponsors can we add, might have to start asking other relatives and friends to step up!!!

Edited by ramot

The new AoS income test is a Social Security amendment - not a change in the migration legislation.

The changes apply to assurances of support GIVEN after the 1st of April, 2018.

I understand representations are being made in an effort to address the clear retrospective effect of this change.

Best regards.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

The new AoS income test is a Social Security amendment - not a change in the migration legislation.

The changes apply to assurances of support GIVEN after the 1st of April, 2018.

I understand representations are being made in an effort to address the clear retrospective effect of this change.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, does this mean that per the calculator for all AoS started after 1/4/18 the income requirements is now $123,608 for an assurer who is married with 2 dependants?

Thanks

Ferrets

3 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, does this mean that per the calculator for all AoS started after 1/4/18 the income requirements is now $123,608 for an assurer who is married with 2 dependants?

Thanks

Ferrets

Yes, that appears to the amount to be verified.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1