Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, TinaH said:

I don’t think immi will have the time to go through our posts. ?

@Ray and Geri - you better contact immi to see what they say.

We know exactly what they will say Tina.... the only thing different will be the processing date.....as I said in our earlier post " a fob off " letter

Sensitive

Dear Sir/Madam 

Thank you for your e-mail. 

The cases you refer to are likely those who have been given pre-assessment letters advising that the clients may commence the process of obtaining documents before official assessment if they wish to do so. As these letters are sent by numerous case officers, the person with the list of applications including the date 23/04/2015 may not have reached that stage yet. 

However, I can confirm that we are currently officially processing applications lodged on 09/04/2015. Therefore, as the below application is due to be allocated for assessment within the next couple of weeks, you can expect the official Request for Documents letter to be e-mailed to you soon.

• Sad 1

On 3/27/2018 at 10:59, Ray and Geri said:

Apart from acknowledgement email 1/5/15 nothing..... some people were invited to submit docs early, some like us not so lucky.... Believe me  our email is correct ( we had to let them know our Son and his family moved out there in 2016  and we got an email to confirm they had received the update ). We did email them when we saw other people around our lodgement date submitting docs but just got a "fob off" email in return. Obviously we will chase up if we don't hear anything after they start processing after our lodgement date but at the moment it still stands at 20/04/15. 

This must be very frustrating and at least you know your email is working and you haven't missed your call.

As you say, until immi's processing date moves forward to include your lodgement date, there's not much else you can do.

It is impossible to understand whats happened in the last few months, with all the very early requests for documents for only some applicants. You seem to be still in the old style processing stream, which would mean there is nothing wrong and you should be contacted in the next few weeks.

Just hang on in there and I hope we see a movement from immi this week. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

We know exactly what they will say Tina.... the only thing different will be the processing date.....as I said in our earlier post " a fob off " letter

Sensitive

Dear Sir/Madam 

The cases you refer to are likely those who have been given pre-assessment letters advising that the clients may commence the process of obtaining documents before official assessment if they wish to do so. As these letters are sent by numerous case officers, the person with the list of applications including the date 23/04/2015 may not have reached that stage yet. 

However, I can confirm that we are currently officially processing applications lodged on 09/04/2015. Therefore, as the below application is due to be allocated for assessment within the next couple of weeks, you can expect the official Request for Documents letter to be e-mailed to you soon.

@Ray and Geri ~ how many days for them to reply to your email? Their email is very confusing. Why they said they are officially assessed up to 9/4/15 but their auto reply email said 20/4/15. 

23 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Sensitive

Dear Sir/Madam 

My lodgement date was 13/4/2015. It's within their processing range, do you think I can email them and ask?

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

My lodgement date was 13/4/2015. It's within their processing range, do you think I can email them and ask?

Wouldn't hurt to try would it, but I doubt anything will happen sooner because of your email..... Can't imagine why I'm sounding so negative after all it's only been nearly 3 years. 

8 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Wouldn't hurt to try would it, but I doubt anything will happen sooner because of your email..... Can't imagine why I'm sounding so negative after all it's only been nearly 3 years. 

Then they would say the average processing time would be 38-39 months as what I was advised when I tried to call them the other day. :chatterbox:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Then they would say the average processing time would be 38-39 months as what I was advised when I tried to call them the other day. :chatterbox:

I got a reply from PVC team 1 after I sent an email to ask them why it has been another 2 weeks no update since 13/03/2018. also I asked them why currently processing time becomes slow.

In the reply email, it is said that currently PVC are receiving a lot of 103 applications switched to 143, which 103 has a priority to be assessed according to the policy there.

that is a probably reason why PVC have not reached our application yet.

54 minutes ago, whataday said:

I got a reply from PVC team 1 after I sent an email to ask them why it has been another 2 weeks no update since 13/03/2018. also I asked them why currently processing time becomes slow.

In the reply email, it is said that currently PVC are receiving a lot of 103 applications switched to 143, which 103 has a priority to be assessed according to the policy there.

that is a probably reason why PVC have not reached our application yet.

See... There are so many different reasons that we don't even know. 

Btw, I think I made wrong decision by applying straight to 143, should have gone through 103 then 143. I just don't understand, 103 parents majority of them are already in Australia, why they get priority to assess first whereas 143 is paying more application fee and longer waiting time and has less priority.  

25 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Btw, I think I made wrong decision by applying straight to 143, should have gone through 103 then 143. I just don't understand, 103 parents majority of them are already in Australia, why they get priority to assess first whereas 143 is paying more application fee and longer waiting time and has less priority.  

I have no idea Tina

39 minutes ago, TinaH said:

A subclass 103 visa is an offshore visa, so why do you say the majority are already in Australia?

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thought i would just advise that the 103 queue reduced by 230 in the period 12/1/18 to 28/3/18 for applications made prior to 24/8/15

made up of   

2010    160

2011       50

2013        10

2015         10

total    230    so if people are switching its not many in this period

• Like 2

4 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

thought i would just advise that the 103 queue reduced by 230 in the period 12/1/18 to 28/3/18 for applications made prior to 24/8/15

made up of   

2010    160

2011       50

2013        10

2015         10

total    230    so if people are switching its not many in this period

Very interesting placeboy1 and I think 230 would account for about 13% of all visas processed in this period. So effectively delaying all 173/143 applicants by approximately 2 weeks.

Can I ask what source do you use to calculate this information?

11 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

For background, a Ministerial Direction requires the Department to treat the lodgment date of the 103 visa application as the lodgment date of a 143 application when the 103 is withdrawn in favour of a 143.

Ditto for 804s and 864s.

Best regards.

We Brits are so good at queuing  but I always feel that this system is like standing in a queue at the supermarket tills.  One till has people who have to pay slightly more for their goods but they go through quicker.  A few people in the other till, after queuing for a while, decide that they would rather pay a bit more and go through quicker so they swap queues.  We would expect (in the supermarket) that they would join the end of the queue, not go right to the front as with the change from 103 to 143.  I hope we'll get to the head of the 143 visa queue and be served soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Very interesting placeboy1 and I think 230 would account for about 13% of all visas processed in this period. So effectively delaying all 173/143 applicants by approximately 2 weeks.

Can I ask what source do you use to calculate this information?

I use the queue date calculator provided by immi to determine how many have been processed since the last update ( take the new figure from the old) i have a date of application from each year going back to 2009. As there are 1500  places granted to 103 visas this has no bearing on your queue dates other than a few switching who have also waited the same time as the 143 applicants.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 17:37, TinaH said:

Thanks Sharon but I want to know if they have received my docs not the processing date. 

did u get auto reply ? i did send two i got auto reply for one only but they received both i was tensed as well but i called immi and they said sometimes auto mail is send once only

18 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

We Brits are so good at queuing  but I always feel that this system is like standing in a queue at the supermarket tills.  One till has people who have to pay slightly more for their goods but they go through quicker.  A few people in the other till, after queuing for a while, decide that they would rather pay a bit more and go through quicker so they swap queues.  We would expect (in the supermarket) that they would join the end of the queue, not go right to the front as with the change from 103 to 143.  I hope we'll get to the head of the 143 visa queue and be served soon!

Yep got to agree with that.... right from the beginning everyone on a 143 agreed to pay more for a quicker visa.....we all had the choice.....The people who opted for a cheaper but longer wait are now slotting themselves ( or rather the people who make the rules are ) into our line and knocking us back.... Seems we are not now getting the service we contracted for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sh aron said:

did u get auto reply ? i did send two i got auto reply for one only but they received both i was tensed as well but i called immi and they said sometimes auto mail is send once only

No I didn’t get auto reply when I submitted my documents.

I’m not sure if they have received them. 

• Like 1