Guest guest36187

On 30/01/2018 at 09:14, LindaH27 said:

Regarding the efficiency or otherwise of processing staff ... I moved house April 2016 and changed my address on my immi account as well as everywhere else. In June  2017 I applied for my 143. When the emailed receipt and acknowledgment were received I noticed it was still showing my old address ! Checked on immi my new address was there and it was on my CPV143 too. 

My daughter spent  45 mins on the phone waiting to get through. The girl who answered eventually said she could see my new address quite clearly on her screen and didn’t have a clue why the emails showed my old address! Let’s hope nothing else goes wrong - it wasn’t a good start and shows the importance of double checking everything !!

Thanks for the advice Linda but now I’m in a quandary re what address I can give if I update my immi account.    My house in the UK is sold and I am currently here in Australia on a 600 visa, living at my daughter’s home.   Can I give this address as my current address, even though I am technically here only as a visitor?  Or will it be better if I simply don’t change anything on my immi account, particularly given that everything is dealt with electronically anyway. 

Help/advice needed here I think from folks who have already gone through this process, or from our fountain of advice Alan Collett, of course, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Taken from www.australiaforum.com!! Anybody here ever been given a queue number? ??

Jan 24, 2018 · #5

I recently submitted my 143 visa request and was notified I'm position 3473 in the queue. Any estimate of how long this process will take?

There is no formal queuing of sub class 143 visa applications.

Queuing only attaches to non Contributory applications under sub classes 103 and 804.

Best regards.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AMP said:

Thanks for the advice Linda but now I’m in a quandary re what address I can give if I update my immi account.    My house in the UK is sold and I am currently here in Australia on a 600 visa, living at my daughter’s home.   Can I give this address as my current address, even though I am technically here only as a visitor?  Or will it be better if I simply don’t change anything on my immi account, particularly given that everything is dealt with electronically anyway. 

Help/advice needed here I think from folks who have already gone through this process, or from our fountain of advice Alan Collett, of course, 

I'm a tad puzzled, as 143 applications are not lodged electronically, so there is no ImmiAccount attaching to the application.

I see no issue with advising the PVC of an address in Australia.   But this would be done on the relevant paper form.

Best regards.

• Like 2

Sorry Alan I’m aware that 143 is a paper visa but as my paper application had my new address on I was wondering if they could have used my old address from my immi account which has all my previous tourist visa applications on. For some reason I thought visa staff could see my immi account especially as there is now the proviso to pay the second vac electronically. ? Although my old address would show on my application too I guess but that just proves you need to double check everything! 

yes I was puzzled by the queue number as well. The poster specifically said a 143 visa and the whole thread  was about 143 visa questions on timelines etc . Which is why I asked on here as this seems to be the best forum  around for parent visas - and believe me Ive looked at quite a few!

AMP as usual Alan has given the definitive answer! ?

• Like 3

Hi our dream is over ,we have just returned from 3 months in Melbourne and cannot believe how expensive everything is and we realised we cannot afford to buy or rent . We have had request for 2nd vac ,how do we inform we have changed our mind thank you ,this has been an extremely difficult decision to make.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, AMP said:

Not sure if this is the form Angela 

8080A1D0-9EEA-4FAC-9214-7C316742E388.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trudyandandrew said:

Hi our dream is over ,we have just returned from 3 months in Melbourne and cannot believe how expensive everything is and we realised we cannot afford to buy or rent . We have had request for 2nd vac ,how do we inform we have changed our mind thank you ,this has been an extremely difficult decision to make.

So very sorry to hear your news. Must be an awful let down for,you after all this. Sending you good wishes for the future though and hope you can re start a new life back in the UK   

hope, this helps 

7F16151A-E2F0-45BC-AD72-ABF308A42D18.png

Edited by Kathss56

2 hours ago, Trudyandandrew said:

So very sorry to hear your sad news, Your family must also be very disappointed and sad to think both your dream and theirs has come to an end. I wish you all the very best in rebuilding your life back in your home country. At least you had the sense to realize before it was too late and take action. Regards Shelagh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I was thinking about the couple who find Melbourne very expensive ( you're not wrong!)- would you look at other capitals like Adelaide or Brisbane?  I think they are cheaper, especially on the housing front.

Ditto regional areas an hour or so from Melbourne, such as Geelong, Ballarat, etc - though I acknowledge that house prices are on the increase in these locations too.

Best regards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Trudyandandrew I would be in the same boat really re housing. If I bought it would have to be so far away from my daughter to be affordable and I wouldn’t see her and grandchild often enough and would probably be lonely!

So, we have decided to go down the big house/granny annexe option! 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I was thinking about the couple who find Melbourne very expensive ( you're not wrong!)- would you look at other capitals like Adelaide or Brisbane?  I think they are cheaper, especially on the housing front.

And better than a 23hr flight from the UK but, then they would be on their own with no friends family around etc.,

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trudyandandrew said:

Hi sorry to hear this, have you considered a different state , we have noticed Qld is cheaper and then a short flight to Victoria . 

Im sure you must have considered this but to have come so far might be worth a rethink 

best of luck what ever you decide ?

• Like 3

[mention=233628]Trudyandandrew[/mention] I would be in the same boat really re housing. If I bought it would have to be so far away from my daughter to be affordable and I wouldn’t see her and grandchild often enough and would probably be lonely!
So, we have decided to go down the big house/granny annexe option! 

Ditto for us. We couldn’t contemplate buying in Sydney and renting would rob us of our money too quickly. It’s the big house/granny flat option for us too.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Trudyandandrew said:

Very sorry to hear this, but please do not be too hasty in retracting your application.

We too have been looking at prices in Melbourne and have been disappointed by how expensive some areas are. We are now considering Queensland's Sunshine Coast as an option, where you get so much for your dollars. It's a beautiful area and although it's long way from Melbourne it's still a lot closer than the UK.

Don't give up on your dreams, just give yourselves a little more time and I'm sure you will find a compromise.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Trudyandandrew said:

So sorry to hear that Trudy and Andrew, I'm sure that was a tough call for you both. I'm not actually sure how you cancel your application. If you've used an agent they would be able to advise, and I'm sure there are others on here who know much more than I do. The best of luck to you both in whatever you choose to do next xx

• Like 1

Hi there we have had to make the decision due to my bad health and agree its getting very expensive over there, that's why they get such high wages, anyway back to your problem our agent was very ill so could not do it so we had to do it via the attached link. Good luck with every thing and wish you well. regards Joy & Ian Ramsgate Kent UK.

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1446.pdf

• Like 1

P.S We know Perth area is not bad providing you shop around as in the UK and there's more pom's there so it can't be that bad. Going out next week for a month so will take notes. Will be down in Yallingup area the start of the wine regains 

Edited by glenffidich
  • Like 1