Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, Brett31 said:

Can someone send me the email address of the department which sends the automatic reply containing the latest processing date

The one I got a reply from today was

parents@border.gov.au

but it is redirecting them also to the parents@homeaffairs.gov.au.

So either of those

ALSO this email is parent visas only email and I noticed it comes back with the clause on the bottom of the auto reply about paying online for a paper visa now

so yes we can pay online. @elnak said they would be brave and try it out for us lol  

presumably transfer money to your Oz bank account first if you have one 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 05:59, Catlady2014 said:

I'm not sure whether you need to inform Immi, but it probably would do no harm to do so, just to be on the safe side.  I think the timescales vary quite a bit, take a look at mine for example.  

Thanks @Catlady2014. Indeed yours took a very long time. I actually do not want to even think about that.  This is very hard. We are enjoying Brisbane very much though. A well deserved holiday for my husband who hasn't had a proper holiday in a long time.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 11:32, nyorksgrannie said:

We are only ahead with submitting all the docs. The waiting continues...

Kindly tell me what the Acceptance Letter looks like more or less. Will it be sent by email or snail mail? TIA. 

Are you in Australia at the moment?

On 1/23/2018 at 11:27, LindaH27 said:

Wow you’re ahead of the game if you lodged 9 April 2015 and already have AOS acceptance when immi say they’re only processing March 31st! I notice you are heading to NSW - I wonder if different areas process things more quickly?

@LindaH27. Dept of Home Affairs (Immi) seems to have adopted a new process by requesting documents etc much earlier than they used to previously. The date when the system changed seems to be round about end Feb 2015 to early March 2015 applications. This is only an assumption we have been speculating about and we have no solid evidence or confirmation regarding the whole issue. I guess we will find out pretty soon. Hope this helps. And yes, it does seem that different areas process faster but it does not  necessarily mean that faster processing will lead to being granted visas earlier than others ahead in the queue. (I suspect that if someone ahead in the queue who has a glitch, actually slows others down who have everything ready and in order but can not be granted a visa before that person's visa has been granted. }

The visa granting seem to be more or less in strict order according to lodgement date.  This, once again, is only an observation and not based on any formal information. 

I really wish that someone could give us some more info regarding this matter. 

8 hours ago, elnak said:

The visa granting seem to be more or less in strict order according to lodgement date.  This, once again, is only an observation and not based on any formal information. 

I really wish that someone could give us some more info regarding this matter. 

Hi folks. I used to follow @Catlady2014‘s progress with interest as I always assumed we would get our visas a couple of months after her, having applied a couple of months after her.

If you look at both our signatures, we actually got our visas first!!

Loving life here, especially laying on the beach mid January:cool: 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Hi folks. I used to follow @Catlady2014‘s progress with interest as I always assumed we would get our visas a couple of months after her, having applied a couple of months after her.

If you look at both our signatures, we actually got our visas first!!

Loving life here, especially laying on the beach mid January:cool: 

I agree, I think it depends on the efficiency or otherwise of both the Centrelink staff and the Case Officer at Immi.  And frustrating as that is, it's all worthwhile in the end.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, elnak said:

Kindly tell me what the Acceptance Letter looks like more or less. Will it be sent by email or snail mail? TIA. 

9 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Elnak, the acceptance letter was sent from Centrelink to our sponsor snail mail although only took a few days to arrive, we are staying with family in Australia on 12 month visa at moment. 

• Like 2

7 weeks, wow, that must have been frustrating.Mine was stuck at border control for 4 weeks which I thought was bad enough, but then it was over the Christmas holiday period (and as it’s school summer holidays everywhere will be short staffed so it was understandable).  Glad you also now have your things as well.  It certainly makes it all feel very like home again.  My granddaughter is delighting in helping me to sort out all my costume jewellery, general “bits” and, of course, the photos.

Container took six weeks from London to Fremantle. Customs clearance was signed off whilst at sea and is now dockside awaiting quarantine. All being well, furniture to be delivered this Friday - 7 weeks total.
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Hi Alan, What's your thoughts on some applications being processed months ahead of others submitted on the same date when even on the immi web site they say they are done in strict rotation?

As others have said, in recent times the PVC has been issuing requests for medicals, etc in advance of applications being allocated to case officers.

You should distinguish between a request for documents pre-allocation, and the allocation of applications for assessment.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Regarding the efficiency or otherwise of processing staff ... I moved house April 2016 and changed my address on my immi account as well as everywhere else. In June  2017 I applied for my 143. When the emailed receipt and acknowledgment were received I noticed it was still showing my old address ! Checked on immi my new address was there and it was on my CPV143 too. 

My daughter spent  45 mins on the phone waiting to get through. The girl who answered eventually said she could see my new address quite clearly on her screen and didn’t have a clue why the emails showed my old address! Let’s hope nothing else goes wrong - it wasn’t a good start and shows the importance of double checking everything !!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 02 April 2015.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Question for a friend.  Re members of family unit  if you have stepchildren and estranged daughter can you put unknown re date of birth etc  they are unsure of some deceased dates also etc 

TIA

Yes.

You can't provide information you genuinely do not know 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believer that the following people have been contacted and are currently being "processed". Where are you currently in the process and are any of you anywhere near being asked for your 2nd VAC?

FEB 2015

Ant111, Elnak 

MAR 2015

MikeC, Pertenhall, Nicole Eire, Rahul Shankar, IanS61

APR 2015

nyorksgrannie, Harris L16, Zaki

After a flurry of activity at the end of last year, things seem to have gone awfully quiet.......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

I believer that the following people have been contacted and are currently being "processed". Where are you currently in the process and are any of you anywhere near being asked for your 2nd VAC?

FEB 2015

Ant111, Elnak 

MAR 2015

MikeC, Pertenhall, Nicole Eire, Rahul Shankar, IanS61

APR 2015

nyorksgrannie, Harris L16, Zaki

After a flurry of activity at the end of last year, things seem to have gone awfully quiet.......

Yeah! Nothing yet Just submitted AoS and 2 days back mah agent got confirmation mail from DIBP that they have received our medicals and all good.  Seriously this Processing time is Bugging me Ughhhhhhhh No mercy ?

• Like 3