Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Nicole Eire said:

On Monday we will be waiting 14 weeks for the phone call...

That really is crazy - and I see from your earlier posts that you have tried to at least get some information from them.  Have you had any feedback from them at all? It must be so frustrating for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Nicole Eire said:

On Monday we will be waiting 14 weeks for the phone call...

14 wks, that is terrible. I don't know if this is of any use to you or anyone else waiting but I called them, it took 2 1/2 hrs to get through though. I acted a bit dumb and said that the person at the Centrelink office didn't understand fully what they had to do (this is true by the way) and I just wanted to know if my application had made it onto the system. I also asked if there was anything else I needed to provide to finalise the application. The guy I spoke with said he can see it on the system but he will send them an email asking them to contact me if they do need anything else. I joked with him and said I hope that him doing that would put me to the back of the queue and he said no we don't work like that. The next day I got the interview phone call, I think this was around the 9wk mark.

If you have a spare 2-3hrs ? you could try something similar. Apologies if you have already called them ☺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

That really is crazy - and I see from your earlier posts that you have tried to at least get some information from them.  Have you had any feedback from them at all? It must be so frustrating for you.

Twice when I went in they checked in the system and told me that everything was in order and that I just needed to wait for the phonecall. The last time I went in, they made me use their phones to call the dedicated number. Spoke to someone there and they went off to speak to somebody, then came back and said they would send an internal message as the maximum wait time is supposed to be 8 weeks. Told me to keep my phone with me at all times and expect a call from a private number in the next few days - but that was on Monday!!!! Agggghhhh!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Hi Roomies

I need some advice please.

We are currently in Australia on our 3 month visitor visa. Will I need to inform DIBP that we are currently in Australia?

Assurance of support paid on 5th of January 2018 and proof delivered to Centrelink on the same day.

If I understand correctly, we will have to wait 8 weeks from 5th Jan for acceptance letter?

TIA

3 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Roomies

We are currently in Australia on our 3 month visitor visa. Will I need to inform DIBP that we are currently in Australia?

Assurance of support paid on 5th of January 2018 and proof delivered to Centrelink on the same day.

If I understand correctly, we will have to wait 8 weeks from 5th Jan for acceptance letter?

TIA

I'm not sure whether you need to inform Immi, but it probably would do no harm to do so, just to be on the safe side.  I think the timescales vary quite a bit, take a look at mine for example.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lolly T said:

Hi everyone, just did a test email and immi are processing up to and including March 31st 2015.

lets hope it carries on improving. 

Aside, people who have applied in February 2015 are not granted visa.so ultimately it would be 36 months clearly. Nevertheless,  On 2 months frequency the processing time gets increased. 

8 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Roomies

TIA

1 hour ago, Zaki said:

Aside, people who have applied in February 2015 are not granted visa.so ultimately it would be 36 months clearly. Nevertheless,  On 2 months frequency the processing time gets increased. 

Hi Elnak, if you don’t have an agent I would advise DIBP just in case they want to contact you.

As regards timing of acceptance of AOS we were lucky and received letter in less than two weeks, it perhaps varies for different locations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Wow you’re ahead of the game if you lodged 9 April 2015 and already have AOS acceptance when immi say they’re only processing March 31st! I notice you are heading to NSW - I wonder if different areas process things more quickly?

We are only ahead with submitting all the docs. The waiting continues...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimboslice said:

going on my Acknowledged date of october 15, what do people guess my visa grant will be. (i know its only a guess :).

i seen a chart a few months ago but cant remember what they forcast.

Currently showing processing time of 37-39 months. 

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1