Guest guest36187

7 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Yes - Medicals which are booked for 10 Jan, Police checks which we did on line on 22 Dec and AOS which my daughter is hopefully doing at the moment, although Centrelink was jam packed yesterday when she tried, so she was going again today to see if she could get it done.  Form 80 is ready for final check and then that will be ready to go too. Hopefully we will get everything done in time, although 28 calendar days is short enough without having public holidays within the timeframe.  Still we will get there.  It is so long since I had to amend the signature dates that I couldn't remember how to do it - have figured it out now!

Hi Pertenhall, You say your daughter is doing your AoS... what exactly does this involve for her? our daughter is sponsoring us and filled in the form that went off with our application to basically say she could support us etc... what else does she have to do when the time comes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray and Geri said:

Hi Pertenhall, You say your daughter is doing your AoS... what exactly does this involve for her? our daughter is sponsoring us and filled in the form that went off with our application to basically say she could support us etc... what else does she have to do when the time comes?

If you go to http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos it gives information.  The form is at  https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/su594 and it gives you details of what is required.  

Having looked this up for you I now realise that the form has been updated since I downloaded it and forwarded it to our daughter in late October.  I am hoping that they will accept the old version of the form, otherwise she will have to fill everything out again!  These things are sent to try us.......

Edited by Pertenhall
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

If you go to http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos it gives information.  The form is at  https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/su594 and it gives you details of what is required.  

Having looked this up for you I now realise that the form has been updated since I downloaded it and forwarded it to our daughter in late October.  I am hoping that they will accept the old version of the form, otherwise she will have to fill everything out again!  These things are sent to try us.......

Centrelink will probably want the new version.  Can she download, print and complete it before going to Centrelink?  

When we were invited to submit papers, do medicals etc., we were in Australia so went to the Centrelink office with our sponsor for the forms and we could have completed them there as we took ID, passports etc., but as we had a crying baby we took them home to complete. Daughter & Son in law took the docs in. Son in law got phone call to ring back for interview (on Phone). He then received letter  asking him to make an appointment to open a bank account at Commonwealth bank and to take the letter with him and when making the appointment ask what docs he may need to provide. He got bank cheque/draft for the $14,000 and when this is in Commonwealth bank they issue a bank guarantee and acknowledgement of deposit. You must then provide these two docs to any Centrelink Customer Service centre within 14 days from the date of the letter.

We were very happy when our sponsor got a letter of Acceptance of assurance of support from Centrelink on the 22nd December 2017.

We found the Centrelink staff very helpful and they knew what to do unlike some comments on this site. They have a lot of different requests to deal with. My advice is if going to their offices go early - 08.30 and if telephoning ring at 08.00 the wait will be much shorter.

Good luck and Happy New Year everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Centrelink will probably want the new version.  Can she download, print and complete it before going to Centrelink?  

She had already been in, but has re-done with the new form and gone back in.  Hopefully everything will be OK and they won't get confused by two forms!  Will check that the Form 80 format hasn't changed since I completed ours a couple of months ago - will check before sending!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

She had already been in, but has re-done with the new form and gone back in.  Hopefully everything will be OK and they won't get confused by two forms!  Will check that the Form 80 format hasn't changed since I completed ours a couple of months ago - will check before sending!

I don’t think it has changed for a while. I checked it last week and it hasn’t changed since we filled it in and saved it. 

Happy New Year to everyone, let's hope that the momentum from the end of 2017 continues into 2018 :)

On recent updates from IMMI there has been a new section re on-line payments:

NEW ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IN IMMIACCOUNT

You can make a payment for a paper application prior to lodgement or pay an invoice for a visa yourself via ImmiAccount http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi  You must either have or create your own ImmiAccount. Once the payment is made, you can attach a copy of your receipt to your application.

This seems to imply that payments for 2nd VAC can be made online. Has anyone used this yet?  If so is it possible to make an online payment from an Australian bank account directly to IMMI, it would be so much quicker and less hassle if this is possible?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

Happy New Year to everyone, let's hope that the momentum from the end of 2017 continues into 2018 :)

On recent updates from IMMI there has been a new section re on-line payments:

NEW ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IN IMMIACCOUNT

You can make a payment for a paper application prior to lodgement or pay an invoice for a visa yourself via ImmiAccount http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi  You must either have or create your own ImmiAccount. Once the payment is made, you can attach a copy of your receipt to your application.

This seems to imply that payments for 2nd VAC can be made online. Has anyone used this yet?  If so is it possible to make an online payment from an Australian bank account directly to IMMI, it would be so much quicker and less hassle if this is possible?

Yes we just need someone to try it out for us lol

anyone feeling brave let us know 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

On 3 January 2018 at 18:19, Pertenhall said:

Yea, our daughter filled out Form 40 and sent it of with our application back in 04/2015.... Silly me thought that would be it apart from maybe a phone call or email to her.... looks like she has a bit more form filling to do if she wants a babysitter on call.

• Haha 1

Hi Guys - old timer here who got out of waiting room 18 months ago on a 173. Now starting ball rolling for converting to 143. Getting the 173 was most stress I have ever experienced and getting panic attack’s just thinking about picking up application form.  My question is has anyone used or heard about using an agent to convert 173 to 143 and any info on cost etc.  Might even consider selling my spare kidney to pay if necessary!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Hi Guys - old timer here who got out of waiting room 18 months ago on a 173. Now starting ball rolling for converting to 143. Getting the 173 was most stress I have ever experienced and getting panic attack’s just thinking about picking up application form.  My question is has anyone used or heard about using an agent to convert 173 to 143 and any info on cost etc.  Might even consider selling my spare kidney to pay if necessary!!!

Hi Skeelsy.

Feel able to send a private message to me with your email address if you would me to confirm costs for a 143 application lodged by a 173 visa holder.

Best regards.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Please feel free to share any info on this.

We are following in your 173 path and also have kidneys for sale.

Did you, by any chance, ask if you could change to a 143, before your 173 was finalised? As this is something we would like to now do.

I think the processing times have grown to over 18 months now for this upgrade. You will qualify for a bridging visa, although you will need to get your application in before your temp 173 expires.

Best not to worry about everything and just take the process in small chunks. I would deal with one form at a time. I guess you don’t need to take medicals yet, it’s just the application form for now.

Remember you’re not alone, and I am sure there are many on this forum who can offer advise on every aspect of process.

• Like 1

Thanks Susieroo. We were actually granted 173 in June 2017 and due to convert this June. Have decided to leap now and convert as seems so much upheaval in visas and just felt insecure about leaving for the full 2 years.   I personally found the 173 application process a complete nightmare for so many reasons. I was on this forum nearly everyday back then and honestly it was a rock I could not have survived without. However, it was absolutely worth every penny and pound of flesh as life is wonderful here in hot Newport on the northern beaches Sydney. I have acquired a new grandson plus second granddaughter due any minute now also gained a wonderful Oz son in law and my youngest son just got engaged to his lovely Oz girlfriend so we are truly integrating.   I still can’t say ‘stralya’ like an Oz yet so apparently I’m still a Pom until I can xkx 

• Like 4

Wishful has talked about the new "immiaccount". If anyone gets any further information I would love to know if , when the time comes, we can pay our second VAC payment if we have processed our application through an agent ?.

Think its better to pay Immi direct if that was possible.

• Like 1