Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Guys and Gals. 

We finally received our request to go for medicals etc. this morning 22 Nov 2017!!

So very happy and excited.

Thank you so much for all your support.

Fabulous news! 

Wonder if anyone is going to get a nice Xmas pressie from IMMi soon

forgotten who’s next in line!! lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Guys and Gals. 

We finally received our request to go for medicals etc. this morning 22 Nov 2017!!

So very happy and excited.

Thank you so much for all your support.

28 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Fabulous news! 

Wonder if anyone is going to get a nice Xmas pressie from IMMi soon

forgotten who’s next in line!! lol

Congratulations great news for you, good luck ?

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2017 at 17:54, elnak said:

@Pertenhall

According to the best of my knowledge you were next in line but looks like @MikenC is just 2 days ahead of you. Rooting for you. Hope you will hear pretty soon. Going for medicals tomorrow. Please keep me in your prayers. 

Hope your medicals went well.  I see someone has posted that there has only been a 1 day shift this week - not such good news, but hey one day is better than no days!  Keep me updated on your progress.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

We're waiting with bated breath too - just 2 days behind your lodgement date!!

ALTHOUGH WE CANNOT HELP TO INCREASE THE MOVEMENT OR PROCESS OF VISA APPLICATIONS BUT AT THIS PACE IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER 3 MONTHS TO REACH 10/03/2015 & THE WAITING PERIOD WILL SOON BE INCREASE FROM 36 MONTHS TO 42 N 48 MONTHS. VERY VERY SLOW.

Edited by DALJEET
SPELLING

5 hours ago, DALJEET said:

ALTHOUGH WE CANNOT HELP TO INCREASE THE MOVEMENT OR PROCESS OF VISA APPLICATIONS BUT AT THIS PACE IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER 3 MONTHS TO REACH 10/03/2015 & THE WAITING PERIOD WILL SOON BE INCREASE FROM 36 MONTHS TO 42 N 48 MONTHS. VERY VERY SLOW.

I think you are being a little too pessimistic there.  Although there has only been 1 day of progress this week things fluctuate all the time.  Next week may well see an bigger jump.  We need to stay positive - I certainly am!!;)

• Like 11

It’s worth keeping in mind that over the last two years immi have averaged processing 6 months worth of applications each year. Between  the Septembers 2015-2016 they processed 7 months worth and then until early September 2017 it was 5months of applications. I think that gives a better picture than fretting from week to week

• Like 4

So let’s try and get a handle on this, given that information. They have reached end Feb 2015. Average of 6 months applications per annum to September. What’s the likely processing time from start to grant? Obviously it’s going to be longer for those applying now, but what about 2015 applicants? That’s the year they’re on now. Anyone hazard a decent guess?

There was apparently a massive snarl up in 2014, on which they blamed the whole pantomime, and so one would expect them to speed up now that backlog has been sorted out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Ireland said:

So let’s try and get a handle on this, given that information. They have reached end Feb 2015. Average of 6 months applications per annum to September. What’s the likely processing time from start to grant? Obviously it’s going to be longer for those applying now, but what about 2015 applicants? That’s the year they’re on now. Anyone hazard a decent guess?

There was apparently a massive snarl up in 2014, on which they blamed the whole pantomime, and so one would expect them to speed up now that backlog has been sorted out. 

Hopefully, ? crossed!! . It’s get you down.

It will happen when it happens.

It is totally out of our control but that doesn’t stop us stressing :mad:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

Since I have been on this forum I think it has been taking 33- 36mths

BUT! it speeds up it slows down etc etc., You just can’t have a quess at it. 

Que sera sera!! 

• Like 4

@Nicole Eire, payment instructions will be included in the email from DIBP when they ask your parents to pay the 2nd vac, but here is an extract from the email that I received from DIBP (you can also pay by credit card but there's a surcharge for that).  My daughter got the bank cheque from the funds that I had previously transferred to her, and sent it by priority registered post.  

Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre

Contributory Parent Section

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

Please note that we do not accept personal cheques.

IMPORTANT 

·         The file reference number must be included with the payment

·         Payment by international bank cheque will delay the visa grant for a period of 28 days afterpayment has been receipted to allow the cheque to clear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicole Eire said:

Can somebody please advise, when immi request the 2nd vac to be paid, what are the methods available to make the payment? Thanks in advance.

The easiest way is to take a bank draft from an Australian bank to Australia post togethere with your invoice from the PVC and pay the money in through billpay. You'd need an Australian bank account and someone to go and pay it for you to do it this way but it's much the cheapest method - ten dollars for the bank cheque and a few dollars for bill pay. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

The easiest way is to take a bank draft from an Australian bank to Australia post togethere with your invoice from the PVC and pay the money in through billpay. You'd need an Australian bank account and someone to go and pay it for you to do it this way but it's much the cheapest method - ten dollars for the bank cheque and a few dollars for bill pay. 

I didn't receive an invoice though, Fisher1.  Apparently, DIBP only include an invoice if your file is a BCC file (no idea what that means!), and not if your file is an OSF file (that might be offshore file maybe, but I'm only guessing).   So I wasn't able to pay by the method you suggest, it had to be either bank cheque by registered post, or credit card with a surcharge, and I opted for bank cheque.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2017 at 17:34, Ian Ireland said:

Six months per annum is not great.

I did some calculations back in July posted a little chart on page 550 of this thread (see below). This was based on an average of 1 months worth of processing every 1.75 months which was slightly more optimistic.

I think it's still about right now as a guide, but we do seem to be getting more inconstancy now with some very good months and others with no movement at all. 596b8a6e6cf39_ScreenShot2017-07-16at16_01_54.png.64053ce95286429e2dd588c5da045cbc.png

• Like 1