Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Glad you are so busy. Looking forward to that feeling!

Current daily routine in the UK .........

check pomsinz

check Rightmove to see if any local houses gone up for sale

check Realestate.au for houses I can’t afford!

check XE for dollar rate

look for a car I may buy over in Oz and so on and so on,

I am my own worse enemy ! :arghh:

Haha! That resonates with both me and my other half!!! Only I reckon I check Xe about 12 times a day!

We're not too far apart Kathss56 and going to Perth too. Did I ask you where you were looking? Memory is terrible. We're off to Ellenbrook in December.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Suzyq said:

Haha! That resonates with both me and my other half!!! Only I reckon I check Xe about 12 times a day!

We're not too far apart Kathss56 and going to Perth too. Did I ask you where you were looking? Memory is terrible. We're off to Ellenbrook in December.

Yes -Daughter lives in North Perth which is between Mount Hawthorn and Mount Lawley and few mins from the city,

This process is set to drive us all potty or even more pottier!! ?

• Confused 1

hi New member and learning so much from this forum. Had intended to apply for 143 back in 2015 but as daughter went on maternity leave and therefore less money we thought we would have to leave it till she was back at work for a while. Wish I had known they would have accepted her past years salary! Finally put application in June 2017 so a long way to go and feel somewhat downhearted but you all seem very  supportive and I hope to learn much more! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

hi New member and learning so much from this forum. Had intended to apply for 143 back in 2015 but as daughter went on maternity leave and therefore less money we thought we would have to leave it till she was back at work for a while. Wish I had known they would have accepted her past years salary! Finally put application in June 2017 so a long way to go and feel somewhat downhearted but you all seem very  supportive and I hope to learn much more! 

Welcome and yes you will ! ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

check pomsinz

check XE for dollar rate

Yes, that was my typical day up until very recently!  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

check pomsinz

check XE for dollar rate

Been there, done that - if it’s any consolation it does get easier!   Don’t worry too much, it will all happen eventually.  Given  that so much is not in your control then it really isn’t worth giving it too much energy.  Just go with the flow and start to adopt the more laid back Australian way. ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AMP said:

Been there, done that - if it’s any consolation it does get easier!   Don’t worry too much, it will all happen eventually.  Given  that so much is not in your control then it really isn’t worth giving it too much energy.  Just go with the flow and start to adopt the more laid back Australian way. ?

Thanks Angela or are you now called Sheila?.  x xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

This is the longest i have known without anybody posting, or is just me being sad and checking it every 5 minutes. :)

Ordered my new car, but the insurance and roadside assist are different from UK, so it's a good idea if a little boring to try to familiarise yourselves with them while waiting for more exciting news.  Does that help, kimboslice? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

Ordered my new car, but the insurance and roadside assist are different from UK, so it's a good idea if a little boring to try to familiarise yourselves with them while waiting for more exciting news.  Does that help, kimboslice? 

What did you buy? . I’m looking at the Mazda 2 ?

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

What did you buy? . I’m looking at the Mazda 2 ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

nice to know you are all still there, lets hope immi dont disapoint tomorrow with the update. im guessing 22.2.14

We have 5 more Fridays after tomorrow so if we evaluate 4 days in a week meanwhile they will reach to second week of march by 15 the December and I am damn sure after January they will cover backlogs and boost up. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

nice to know you are all still there, lets hope immi dont disapoint tomorrow with the update. im guessing 22.2.14

Fingers crossed! I've been hanging on for more news re the new temporary parent visa.

1 minute ago, Zaki said:

We have 5 more Fridays after tomorrow so if we evaluate 4 days in a week meanwhile they will reach to second week of march by 15 the December and I am damn sure after January they will cover backlogs and boost up. 

I sure hope you're right Zaki.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, suelear said:

Fingers crossed! I've been hanging on for more news re the new temporary parent visa.

I sure hope you're right Zaki.

Believe the bill is before senate?.  On 13 Nov they will sit for four days again so who knows if it will be discussed then etc 

• Like 1

Daughter in Australia has really nice Nissan X trail  - costs her in dollars what I would have to pay in pounds!! Prices seem much cheaper over there. On another note I do hope Immi get their act together as the surge in 2016 applications seems to imply my 2017 application could take a very very long time ! - but very pleased that the 2015 applicants are starting to get through

• Like 1