Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

We arrived about 4 hours ago, and in all the excitement I actually forgot about the insurance for the trip!  I sold my car the day before I left the UK, which was cutting it fine to say the least.   It's now 2.30am and I'm still awake.  Good luck everybody still waiting, I'll be keeping an eye out and fingers crossed for you all.  

At long last......congratulations. I can’t believe how long it took.

Enjoy your new life in Australia. If ever you are in Melbourne please let us know :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

We arrived about 4 hours ago, and in all the excitement I actually forgot about the insurance for the trip!  I sold my car the day before I left the UK, which was cutting it fine to say the least.   It's now 2.30am and I'm still awake.  Good luck everybody still waiting, I'll be keeping an eye out and fingers crossed for you all.  

So pleased that you are there at last.  What a mammoth journey you have had - enjoy!

• Like 1

A couple of questions for you all.  Obviously, this visa is taking much longer than anticipated, when I applied, as you all know, these were taking 18-24 - months to process.  So, now thinking about my options.  Does anyone know any up to date news on the 'New Temporary  Sponsored Parent' Visa.  Last info about this visa, I can find, was May this year.  It is something to think about applying for.  However, after saying that, the way things have started moving again, I am now wondering if it would be viable to go out, March/April next year on a 600 visitor visa.  The only thing that worries me about getting a visitor visa is having to get out of OZ for 6-months if the 143 visa queues/waiting time start to get even longer than they already are.  

16 minutes ago, PSHERE said:

A couple of questions for you all.  Obviously, this visa is taking much longer than anticipated, when I applied, as you all know, these were taking 18-24 - months to process.  So, now thinking about my options.  Does anyone know any up to date news on the 'New Temporary  Sponsored Parent' Visa.  Last info about this visa, I can find, was May this year.  It is something to think about applying for.  However, after saying that, the way things have started moving again, I am now wondering if it would be viable to go out, March/April next year on a 600 visitor visa.  The only thing that worries me about getting a visitor visa is having to get out of OZ for 6-months if the 143 visa queues/waiting time start to get even longer than they already are.  

No further info - it is going through their parliament now I think. Novemberish about due to announce /commence  the cost for 3yrs is pretty steep. I would personally wait it out until 12mths before 143 due, then go on a 600   Which I will do next summer  

some parents are out on a 600 visa now but do not have the condition on whereby you have to leave for 6mths in between each stay. Seems to be pot luck with immi which they offer you. i.e 12mths then renew for another 12 or any 12 in 18 mths

None of us can see the difference why some do some don’t. Maybe it is to do with health./finances. Who knows !.? Perhaps someone can enlighten!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PSHERE said:

Thanks Kathss56.  Yes, I am leaning towards a 600 visa, might just have to hold on a little longer and go in the summerish 2018.  By the way, I was NSW bound but now my son is moving to Queensland with his job. 

Well there you go, who knows where you will end up living. It is very hard we all know. You have to have the patience of a saint ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest The Pom Queen
22 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Wonderful news @Catlady2014 now I know you are going to be wanting to rush off and explore your new and exciting life, but please don't leave us. Keep in touch and let us know how you go. Lots of photos as well 

On 29/10/2017 at 03:40, Catlady2014 said:

Congratulations and good luck with your new life in Australia! you must be still in shock to actually be there after all the waiting and stress. Enjoy the blue skies and being with your daughter and relax........!  

10 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PSHERE said:

Wby don’t you apply for the 600 visa anyway and  see if you are actually allocated one which gives you multiple 12 months stay?  That’s the one I have got.  It came through in less than a week, cost less than £100 (can’t remember the exact amount now) and has 5 year validity.  If yours comes back with conditions that don’t suit you then you can always still apply for the new parent visa, though I understand they are much more expensive.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2017 at 02:40, Catlady2014 said:

Brilliant news Catlady!  Welcome to your new life in Australia.  Once you are settled and if you fancy it then it would be good to meet up.  Maybe somewhere in the city or on Southbank?  Anyway, if and when that suggestion appeals then just send me a PM and we can arrange.  Doubtless your head will be spinning a the moment, trying to adjust to the new time zone, the weather and the whole newness of everything else too.  Take your time and relax after all the stresses of packing up and moving, you will doubtless need it! It took me about 10 days to  be no longer wide awake in the middle of the night, surprisingly much longer than it ever did when I came on holiday.  Hopefully it won’t take as long for you though - but ultimately, does it matter?  You now have all the time in the world! Enjoy. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Great news you’re settling in. We are coming across end November for two months. Can we maybe meet up? South Bank is good or anywhere in the CBD. Anyone else in Brissie too?

ian

5 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Great news you’re settling in. We are coming across end November for two months. Can we maybe meet up? South Bank is good or anywhere in the CBD. Anyone else in Brissie too?

ian

That would be great.  I’ll try to sort out an appropriate meeting point and will propose a date and time for PiO in Brisbane get together! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Brilliant news Catlady!  Welcome to your new life in Australia.  Once you are settled and if you fancy it then it would be good to meet up.  Maybe somewhere in the city or on Southbank?  Anyway, if and when that suggestion appeals then just send me a PM and we can arrange.  Doubtless your head will be spinning a the moment, trying to adjust to the new time zone, the weather and the whole newness of everything else too.  Take your time and relax after all the stresses of packing up and moving, you will doubtless need it! It took me about 10 days to  be no longer wide awake in the middle of the night, surprisingly much longer than it ever did when I came on holiday.  Hopefully it won’t take as long for you though - but ultimately, does it matter?  You now have all the time in the world! Enjoy. 

Thank you so much, I'll private message you.  

1 hour ago, Ian Ireland said:

ian

Hi Ian, I'll private message you.  

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 1

Well that’s it! One day in Bali and the143 has been granted. I cannot say this has been the best experience with many soul searching and frustrating moments.

My only advice to those just starting out - if the current process remains the same, don’t anticipate your grant date. If I were to do this again, I wouldn’t have sold up in the UK. I wouldn’t have travelled to AU on a 600 visa in anticipation. Don’t preempt the Medicals or police checks, just wait until you are instructed by Immigration. After a wait of over two years I thought that by travelling to AU was a clever thing to do. In the end, I had to fork out for more UK police checks and also obtain AU police checks as we had built up a cumulative period of over 12 months. Even with a 12 month 600 visa I thought it was going to be a walk in the park, instead, we were only a couple of months away from having to leave AU for 6 months.

I reckon I have wasted a total of £10k instead of sitting tight at home.

Anyway, I will keep this site in view and hopefully assist others in a very long queue. Good luck.

• Like 9