Guest guest36187

39 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Can anyone give me some help on minimum income for AOS providers.  My daughter is divorced and has two children, responsibility for whom is divided equally with her ex husband.  If she is our sole assurer will she need to take the full amount of the applicable supplement amount into account for both children when calculating her income requirement?  She is pretty close to the minimum taxable income required, and may not meet the requirement if she has to take the full amount for both children into account.  Crazy really when our joint retirement income is greater than her annual income and yet she is having to give assurance for our support!  Any advice would be much appreciated.

I only know of this page if it helps

doesn’t have to be a family member if you knew anyone else there who would also assure

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:29, Bear2015 said:

Hello ,

I have made a list of the 2015 Lodgers and thought of sharing it with everyone so that we know our position in the queue :biggrin:.

Please let me know if anyone wants to be added  or  removed from the list.

15th Jan-   Gogirl 1        Congratulations

25th Feb -  Elnak

12th Mar -  Pertenhall

19th Mar-  IanS61

18th Mar- Rahul Shankar ( Docs requested)

10th Apr-  nyorkgrannie

28th Apr- HarrisL16

21st May-  Valtibenham

03rd Jun- Lolly T

8th June- Lisa Lou

10th Jun  Rubyford

28th Jun- Daljeet

30th Jun- Ian ireland

13th Jul- Bev50Bradley

16th Jul-  David Leask

1st Aug-  BillSueMac

05th Sep- Mrs. Bee

17th Sep  Jessy J

02nd Oct- Bear 

04th OCt -Kimboslice

03rd Nov- wishful

10th Dec- AMP 

Cheers,

Hi Bear

My lodgement date it 5th June 2015 please add me to the list. thanks

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I only know of this page if it helps

doesn’t have to be a family member if you knew anyone else there who would also assure

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

Thanks Kath - yes I had seen that page.   I'd done all the calculations and then started to worry.  I'm sure we will be able to work round it, but nothing is ever easy is it?  We'll hopefully be able to look back on this journey and laugh - hopefully!

• Like 4

On 21/10/2017 at 20:16, Catlady2014 said:

I've been looking through the forums but can't find one for insurance, specifically for the emigration flight.  I've tried comparison sites but they all want a return date and of course I don't have a return date.  Any pointers please?  

I came with Insure and Go, no problem doing insurance for a one way flight and I just took it out for a couple of days, there by covering me for the journey out here. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I looked there too - no one-way, only return.  

Maybe they no longer do it, it was a few years ago.

I did a quick search for Emigration Insurance.  You could maybe use this

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/travel-insurance/one-way/

I also found these:

http://www.duinsure.com/travel_insurance/one_way_travel_insurance

http://www.globelink.co.uk/one-way-travel-insurance.html

https://www.truetraveller.com/one-way-travel-insurance.aspx

• Like 2

On 11/10/2017 at 05:35, rahulshankar said:

Hi,

Yes i know what the difference is between the lodgement and acknowledgement dates.

My lodgement date is as stated in the original post. 

Hi Rahul can I have your contact number please. 

1 hour ago, Bridgeman said:

Travelsupermarket has turned up a long list for me, thank you for that.  But it turns out that I may be covered by the credit card that I used to pay for the flight, I'll check that first.  

• Like 2

On 06/10/2017 at 14:58, Alan Collett said:

The PVC is generally happy to receive these docs as colour scans.

Best regards.

Hi Alan and Rahul. I am zaki from India. I have applied CPV on 4th May 2015. I have given all my documents zerox (photocopy) with stamp of Class 1 officer notorized 

Would it work Na

32 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

Having sent my AOS acceptance letter to PVC on 2nd Oct I have, at long last today, received the request to pay the 2nd VAC. We now have 28 days to leave Aus before coming back on the full PR.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Congratulations.

Bali is nice:cool:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

Having sent my AOS acceptance letter to PVC on 2nd Oct I have, at long last today, received the request to pay the 2nd VAC. We now have 28 days to leave Aus before coming back on the full PR.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Great news congratulations?? enjoy your trip 

• Like 1

On 22 October 2017 at 22:55, Pertenhall said:

Can anyone give me some help on minimum income for AOS providers.  My daughter is divorced and has two children, responsibility for whom is divided equally with her ex husband.  If she is our sole assurer will she need to take the full amount of the applicable supplement amount into account for both children when calculating her income requirement?  She is pretty close to the minimum taxable income required, and may not meet the requirement if she has to take the full amount for both children into account.  Crazy really when our joint retirement income is greater than her annual income and yet she is having to give assurance for our support!  Any advice would be much appreciated.

I don't know if this will help but when we got our visa our daughter had a glitch with her AOS because she was on maternity leave at the time and didn't have a pay slip for a particular month because her mat pay had finished. she got an accountant to write to Centre link saying that normally she was earning enough to promise AOS and that was enough.  

• Like 1

On 23 October 2017 at 18:26, Catlady2014 said:

Travelsupermarket has turned up a long list for me, thank you for that.  But it turns out that I may be covered by the credit card that I used to pay for the flight, I'll check that first.  

I have to admit I didn't even think of one way travel insurance. We had a one year multi trip policy in place and just assumed it would cover us for our trip out here!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

I don't know if this will help but when we got our visa our daughter had a glitch with her AOS because she was on maternity leave at the time and didn't have a pay slip for a particular month because her mat pay had finished. she got an accountant to write to Centre link saying that normally she was earning enough to promise AOS and that was enough.  

Many thanks for that.  Hopefully they will take her 2017/18 salary more into account which is more than enough.  We have others who can step in to provide AOS, but would rather keep it in house if we can.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

I have to admit I didn't even think of one way travel insurance. We had a one year multi trip policy in place and just assumed it would cover us for our trip out here!

Lots of people think that Fisher1 but it's wrong. The terms and conditions of travel insurance are your holiday must start and end in the uk. If it's a one way trip it's invalid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Lots of people think that Fisher1 but it's wrong. The terms and conditions of travel insurance are your holiday must start and end in the uk. If it's a one way trip it's invalid.

I realise that now ... I'm usually so careful about insurance ... just glad we got away with it!

• Like 2

On 28/06/2017 at 11:10, tabitha10 said:

On 17/06/2017 at 13:53, tabitha10 said:

*cough*....we applied for our 143, after having had our 173 granted 2015, in November 2016.... not heard a sausage !

On 28/06/2017 at 11:10, tabitha10 said:

sooo my understanding (had a reply from an email i sent)  is that are to do a blitz on temp (173) to perm (143) very soon......yay 

will keep you updated.

SOOO do not believe everything you get in an email.....still no sausage here!!!:arghh::arghh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tabitha10 said:

On 17/06/2017 at 13:53, tabitha10 said:

*cough*....we applied for our 143, after having had our 173 granted 2015, in November 2016.... not heard a sausage !

SOOO do not believe everything you get in an email.....still no sausage here!!!:arghh::arghh:

Very sorry to hear still no sausage, we too have all this worry to come, so I do feel for you.

I wonder if there are any others also waiting (or recent grants) for 173 to 143 and can share their experiences.

We now wish we had applied directly for out 143s and we are going to see if it's possible to switch once we have our case officer appointed.

• Like 2

Guest The Pom Queen
40 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

AUD Rate best it’s been for a while today. I’d be tempted to lock the rate down now with the online money companies !

I saw that, I think @John from Moneycorp Can help lock in the best rate for PIO members. 

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:17, Fisher1 said:

Yes, it is not always obvious, but in the small print it often says that the insurance only covers trips which start and end in the UK.  It pays to check,  This may also be the case if you have travel insurance connected to a credit card.  It is best to check who the policy is underwritten by and what the terms and conditions are.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1