Guest guest36187

https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/report-on-migration-program-2016-17.pdf

Not sure whether this has been mentioned thus far - 2016/17 Migration Program outcome, announced earlier this week.

Specifically in the parent visa context (see the penultimate page):

Non-­Contributory Parent
The Non-­Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 1345 places. Demand for
places in the Non-­Contributory Parent category decreased by 280 applications (or 9.7 per cent)
between 30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 49,735 clients remain in the
pipeline, a decrease of 1.1 per cent (or 557 applications) compared to the pipeline as at
30 June 2016.

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 6218 places. Demand for places in
the Contributory Parent category increased by 3312 applications (or 26.3 per cent) between
30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline, an
increase of 28.9 per cent compared to the pipeline of 29,884 clients as at 30 June 2016.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/report-on-migration-program-2016-17.pdf

Not sure whether this has been mentioned thus far - 2016/17 Migration Program outcome, announced earlier this week.

Non-­Contributory Parent
The Non-­Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 1345 places. Demand for
places in the Non-­Contributory Parent category decreased by 280 applications (or 9.7 per cent)
between 30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 49,735 clients remain in the
pipeline, a decrease of 1.1 per cent (or 557 applications) compared to the pipeline as at
30 June 2016.

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 6218 places. Demand for places in
the Contributory Parent category increased by 3312 applications (or 26.3 per cent) between
30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline, an
increase of 28.9 per cent compared to the pipeline of 29,884 clients as at 30 June 2016.

Best regards.

"As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline"

Wow! That's about five and a half years worth of processing. Very sad for anyone applying now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

That really makes me think we are in a lucky situation - almost there.  I would hate to be just entering the waiting room now.  I had thought that the 143 visa allocation was just over 7000 for the year.  Wonder why the full amount wasn't allocated.

I thought I remembered it as about 7120/7150 last time ?

am  halfway through the queue !

let’s hope the temp parent visa doesn’t jeopardise it even more! 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Non-­Contributory Parent
30 June 2016.

Contributory Parent

Best regards.

Thank you for this, Alan.

Disappointing that from an allowance of 7175 places only 6218 places were allocated. This is the smallest number of CPVs allocated since 2009/10, which is as far back as my data goes. Also in the previous 5 years, going back to 2011/12, the allocation has always been reached. I realise that there have been staff cuts and that parent visas will never be the highest priority, but only hope that the 2016/17 year was a glitch rather than a deliberate policy. Hopefully 2017/18 will see the allocation of 7175 reached once more.

I don't suppose that the PVC are allowed to carry over the shortfall in allocation from one year to the next?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Disappointing that from an allowance of 7175 places only 6218 places were allocated. This is the smallest number of CPVs allocated since 2009/10, which is as far back as my data goes. Also in the previous 5 years, going back to 2011/12, the allocation has always been reached. I realise that there have been staff cuts and that parent visas will never be the highest priority, but only hope that the 2016/17 year was a glitch rather than a deliberate policy. Hopefully 2017/18 will see the allocation of 7175 reached once more.

I don't suppose that the PVC are allowed to carry over the shortfall in allocation from one year to the next?

Shocking to see now that only 6218 parents were allocated visas when 7175 places are available. Especially with 38k parents now queuing.

This also shows immi's 'Global visa and citizenship processing times' are ridiculously inaccurate and cpv processing is spiraling into a complete farce with 38,508+ queuing for 7175 places (or maybe 6218 place) each year. It won't be long until this is another +10 year parent visa queue. 

Remember how we watched immi grind to a holt at the end of the 2016/17 year, and how we put this down to reaching the cap. Well we now know different and whats going to happen when the new visas open next month? Will we be lucky to see 4000 visas processed this year?

Shocking and very very frustrating. So I'm now going to open a bottle and have bad thoughts about Peter Dutton.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Did your pension fund just provide the documentation for you upon your request . Thanks

Yes, I wrote to them explaining what I wanted and why and they responded (albeit after a long delay and a lot of chasing on my part).  However, one of my pension funds had been taken over several times and it proved a nightmare to get the information so gave up in the end as it was only small.

• Thanks 1

We are in much the same boat. Both my and Connie's pension providers couldn't come up with the required info. One excuse was that the UK rules said that the company was only obliged to keep data for a certain number of years and as her pension commenced paying out in 2003 the just didn't have the records. My company pension provider even had to go to the Actuaries of the fund and I'm still waiting 3 years later even after constantly chasing them up. My emails aren't even being answered now. So like you we have given up.

At least now we are receiving the Aussie pension so in my case it's the first "rise" I've had in 10 years.

Mike

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

"As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline"

Wow! That's about five and a half years worth of processing. Very sad for anyone applying now.

Thank you for that Alan. Assuming you lodged your application 10 months ago are we saying still possibly near five years to go? 

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Thank you for that Alan. Assuming you lodged your application 10 months ago are we saying still possibly near five years to go? 

Currently!!!! allow 36mths from lodge date. It could improve who knows. ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Given that we had CP visa cases that were ready for finalisation in May 2017 that I know were deliberately held over until the start of the 2017/18 program year I can only assume that there was an edict from Canberra that visa processing was to be halted for a period.

I agree that this is a disturbing development, which I dare say will be leveraged by the Department when the expected new temporary parent visa becomes available.

Somehow the Immigration Minister thinks that not processing the targeted number of permanent residency visas for 2016/17 is something to crow about:

"The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has granted over 183,600 permanent visas in 2016–17 to meet Australia's skill and family needs.

This is around 6,400 less than the previous year and is in line with the Government's strategy of ensuring that migration levels are consistent with Australia's genuine labour market needs."

http://www.minister.border.gov.au/peterdutton/Pages/2016-17-Migration-Programme-outcomes.aspx

How failing to deliver the program for parent visas can be held out as being consistent with Australia's labour market requirements is lost on me.

Such is the quality of our political leaders these days.

Best regards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Guest The Pom Queen
6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

This website now has a parent  tracker also to fill in !

https://www.australia-visa-timelines.com/

Thank you @Kathss56 

Pomsinoz now has their very own Visa Timeline Tracker. It has taken many stressful months working with developers in creating a platform which would coexist with Pomsinoz and be user friendly as well as site secure. Our developers evaluated a number of other visa tracker sites out there and found that most of them were unsecure when it came to protecting their members data. 

We are pleased to say we scored an A+, I wish I could have said that whilst I was studying.

IMG_3907.PNG

Please feel free to add your timeline below. Eventually this will all be integrated in to this forum creating one large platform for people moving to Australia.

14 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Shocking to see now that only 6218 parents were allocated visas when 7175 places are available. Especially with 38k parents now queuing.

This also shows immi's 'Global visa and citizenship processing times' are ridiculously inaccurate and cpv processing is spiraling into a complete farce with 38,508+ queuing for 7175 places (or maybe 6218 place) each year. It won't be long until this is another +10 year parent visa queue. 

Remember how we watched immi grind to a holt at the end of the 2016/17 year, and how we put this down to reaching the cap. Well we now know different and whats going to happen when the new visas open next month? Will we be lucky to see 4000 visas processed this year?

Shocking and very very frustrating. So I'm now going to open a bottle and have bad thoughts about Peter Dutton.

Remember that the processing times noted on the Department's website are historical only - they are not likely to be reflected in future processing times if demand exceeds the available supply of visas.

Therein lies a fundamental flaw in the published data, IMHO.

I'd like to see a queue date calculator on the DIBP site for CP visa application, in the same way as appears for the non contributory parent visas: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/QDateAnswer.do

Best regards.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Thank you @Kathss56 

Pomsinoz now has there very own Visa Timeline Tracker. It has taken many stressful months working with developers in creating a platform which would coexist with Pomsinoz and be user friendly as well as site secure. Our developers evaluated a number of other visa tracker sites out there and found that most of them were unsecure when it came to protecting their members data. 

We are pleased to say we scored an A+, I wish I could have said that whilst I was studying.

IMG_3907.PNG

Please feel free to add your timeline below. Eventually this will all be integrated in to this forum creating one large platform for people moving to Australia.

Very good.

I hope you are happy to allow me to also occasionally make reference to the Go Matilda Parent Visa Tracker as well.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

Given that we had CP visa cases that were ready for finalisation in May 2017 that I know were deliberately held over until the start of the 2017/18 program year I can only assume that there was an edict from Canberra that visa processing was to be halted for a period.

I agree that this is a disturbing development, which I dare say will be leveraged by the Department when the expected new temporary parent visa becomes available.

Somehow the Immigration Minister thinks that not processing the targeted number of permanent residency visas for 2016/17 is something to crow about:

"The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has granted over 183,600 permanent visas in 2016–17 to meet Australia's skill and family needs.

This is around 6,400 less than the previous year and is in line with the Government's strategy of ensuring that migration levels are consistent with Australia's genuine labour market needs."

http://www.minister.border.gov.au/peterdutton/Pages/2016-17-Migration-Programme-outcomes.aspx

How failing to deliver the program for parent visas can be held out as being consistent with Australia's labour market requirements is lost on me.

Such is the quality of our political leaders these days.

Best regards.

At the end of the day, they just don’t really want us ?

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Thank you @Kathss56 

Pomsinoz now has there very own Visa Timeline Tracker. It has taken many stressful months working with developers in creating a platform which would coexist with Pomsinoz and be user friendly as well as site secure. Our developers evaluated a number of other visa tracker sites out there and found that most of them were unsecure when it came to protecting their members data. 

IMG_3907.PNG

Added.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Thank you @Kathss56 

IMG_3907.PNG

Thank you for this.

May I suggest that dates are sorted year/month/day so that, for instance, when looking at visa lodged date they are shown in processing date order. This would be far more helpful. Also there seems to be some inconsistency in the way that dates are being input eg for the 143 parent visa elnak's lodgment date is shown as 02252015 which I assume is 25 Feb 2015, but Kathss56 is shown as 17032016 which presumably should be 17 Mar 2016.  This differing format is confusing and throws out the sorting process.

• Like 2