Guest guest36187

Hi Emmys Gran,

There are some other parents who also wish to be added,  so I will post an updated list on Friday. My mum has a printout of the list on the fridge door, ready to tick off the lucky ones that have been "called".:) So I thought there maybe others too.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Wishfull said:

I understand that UK state pensions are able to benefit from an 8% per annum allowance against Australian tax under the Undeducted Purchase Price (UPP) of foreign pensions arrangement.

In addition to our UK state pensions, my husband and I each have UK occupational pensions. These were funded by ourselves and our employers. Our own contributions to these pensions were tax deductible at the time of contribution. Am I correct in thinking that these could not benefit from the UPP process and produce some allowance against Australian tax?

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of this.

Yes, you can claim an allowance for your private pensions under the UPP arrangements.  We have done this for our private pensions.  You will need to make a separate claim to the ATO for each pension, the form is available on the ATO website.  They will then tell you how much you can claim.   However, when we made the claim we had to get evidence from our employer or pension provider regarding the amount you yourself actually paid into the scheme.  I found this almost impossible for one of my pensions so gave up as it was only small, but my OH was able to get the information and now claims an allowance for both his private  pensions in addition to the state pension.

• Like 2

Hi all, We flew to Queenstown, New Zealand yesterday morning and two hours later our visas were granted! The end of a long and sometimes difficult journey.We're delighted but it hasn't really sunk in yet..probably when we get back to Melbourne tomorrow it will seem more real!

Good luck to the rest of you in the waiting room. Hope things speed up with immi and your wait isn't too long!!:)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It's ridiculous how the processing time for a CPV application (offshore) can take up to 3 years when you have to pay the Australian Government a huge sum of money. Two years of processing is understandable, but extending it to 3 years (and you have to pay at least AUD50,000). Geez.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrendaM said:

Hi all, We flew to Queenstown, New Zealand yesterday morning and two hours later our visas were granted! The end of a long and sometimes difficult journey.We're delighted but it hasn't really sunk in yet..probably when we get back to Melbourne tomorrow it will seem more real!

Good luck to the rest of you in the waiting room. Hope things speed up with immi and your wait isn't too long!!:)

Congratulations so pleased for you. We are heading to Melbourne too. Going out in November on a 600 . Enjoy your new life??

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi Emmys Gran,

There are some other parents who also wish to be added,  so I will post an updated list on Friday. My mum has a printout of the list on the fridge door, ready to tick off the lucky ones that have been "called".:) So I thought there maybe others too.... 

Hi Can you add me I have applied contributory Parent visa subclass 143 on 4th May 2015 please 

54 minutes ago, DALJEET said:

DALJEET +91 8285135000   THANKS

you guys do realise that by posting your mobile numbers on an open public internet forum you are likely to fall prey to every scammer, hoaxer and idiot out there? Wouldn't private message be a better way to go?

• Like 2

On 17/10/2017 at 05:01, Walker1 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm newbie in this forums, we logged in mid 2015 (173).! And want to know what are the chances of dependent child , in include this visa.!! And how to prove that.!!

thanks.!!:)

Think you will have to go on border.gov website and type in search box to bring it all up. Lots of info on each topic is usually found.

On 17/10/2017 at 16:08, BrendaM said:

On 17/10/2017 at 18:11, HarrisL16 said:

Congratulations so pleased for you. We are heading to Melbourne too. Going out in November on a 600 . Enjoy your new life??

Hi both. @Geoffandgill, @juliew1499 and I are meeting up sometime in November or December at a rooftop bar in the city for a bite to eat and a couple of drinks. Exact date and venue still to be decided but you are more than welcome to join us. 

Please pm me with your contact details if you fancy it.

• Like 2

On 17/10/2017 at 05:52, Bridgeman said:

Yes, you can claim an allowance for your private pensions under the UPP arrangements.  We have done this for our private pensions.  You will need to make a separate claim to the ATO for each pension, the form is available on the ATO website.  They will then tell you how much you can claim.   However, when we made the claim we had to get evidence from our employer or pension provider regarding the amount you yourself actually paid into the scheme.  I found this almost impossible for one of my pensions so gave up as it was only small, but my OH was able to get the information and now claims an allowance for both his private  pensions in addition to the state pension.

Hi. What evidence did you provide to them please.

Thanks !

On 10/17/2017 at 05:52, Bridgeman said:

Thank you for this, it was really helpful. We have now downloaded the form and are busy putting together and collecting the info required. We still have some time to go before we anticipate getting our visa but, as I am sure you found, this is not a 5 minute job and it would be nice to have it all in place before we finally set off for Oz.

14 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi. What evidence did you provide to them please.

Thanks !

I had to provide a document from my pension fund stating the exact amount of personal contributions paid in. 

Here's a link to the application form:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Forms/Determination-of-deductible-amount-for-UPP-of-a-foreign-pension-or-annuity/

• Like 1

Seriously Hacked Off

I sent PVC a PDF showing my AOS Acceptance Letter 11 days ago. The indication was that once this letter was received I would be invited to pay the 2nd VAC. To date I have heard absolutely nothing. Bearing in mind their 28 day deadline, you would think there would be a common decency to acknowledge receipt if nothing else. Bearing in mind Centrelink have already enjoyed my $14,000 for the past two months you would think there should now be some expedited approach to getting the visa finalised. What on this earth is the problem? Why can some get a response within 2 days and others not? I would love to complain but I don’t have to imagine what would happen to my file in the queue!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

Seriously Hacked Off

I sent PVC a PDF showing my AOS Acceptance Letter 11 days ago. The indication was that once this letter was received I would be invited to pay the 2nd VAC. To date I have heard absolutely nothing. Bearing in mind their 28 day deadline, you would think there would be a common decency to acknowledge receipt if nothing else. Bearing in mind Centrelink have already enjoyed my $14,000 for the past two months you would think there should now be some expedited approach to getting the visa finalised. What on this earth is the problem? Why can some get a response within 2 days and others not? I would love to complain but I don’t have to imagine what would happen to my file in the queue!

It took a further 4 months after the AoS acceptance before I was asked for the 2nd vac!  

• Sad 1

It took a further 4 months after the AoS acceptance before I was asked for the 2nd vac!  

I’m sorry but that’s totally outrageous. I know some on here would say, “If you don’t like it then go back home,” but that’s not valid. This country is offering the visa so it should be processed with some diligence. Of course, IMMI have done nothing wrong, they are clear on the website that people wouldn’t sell up and move until their visa has been granted but there should be some calculation in this. Like others on this site, I was told the processing time of 18 months. OK I will go along with some slippage but how can folks being at the end of the line be delayed by the same amount of time as others who are just starting the process? I have now reached 35 months how can it take so long to produce a one sided piece of paper? Having taken the 14k it is fair to assume that the actual consideration of granting the visa has been conducted and the final two payments is simply a tick the box exercise. I do have the patience of a Saint but I can’t abide simple poor efficiency - rant over and back to the naughty step!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bridgeman said:

I had to provide a document from my pension fund stating the exact amount of personal contributions paid in. 

Here's a link to the application form:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Forms/Determination-of-deductible-amount-for-UPP-of-a-foreign-pension-or-annuity/

Did your pension fund just provide the documentation for you upon your request . Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

I’m sorry but that’s totally outrageous. I know some on here would say, “If you don’t like it then go back home,” but that’s not valid. This country is offering the visa so it should be processed with some diligence. Of course, IMMI have done nothing wrong, they are clear on the website that people wouldn’t sell up and move until their visa has been granted but there should be some calculation in this. Like others on this site, I was told the processing time of 18 months. OK I will go along with some slippage but how can folks being at the end of the line be delayed by the same amount of time as others who are just starting the process? I have now reached 35 months how can it take so long to produce a one sided piece of paper? Having taken the 14k it is fair to assume that the actual consideration of granting the visa has been conducted and the final two payments is simply a tick the box exercise. I do have the patience of a Saint but I can’t abide simple poor efficiency - rant over and back to the naughty step!!!

Good Rant and all very true.

If we had not found this forum we would not have a clue as to when we could expect our visa being granted. We too read "18 month" when we applied and having to consider selling up and jobs etc, at the very least you would expect to get a monthly email update from immi.

My son rang yesterday to say the changes to the citizen process have been rejected, which will not affect us directly, but there may be an shift in attitudes to immigration. It is time we saw the cap raised to allow more cpv's to be processed each year and reduce the queuing time back to 12 months.

Move up a bit and make room on the naughty step!

• Like 4