Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

UPDATED LIST- 2015 Lodgers

15th Jan-   Gogirl 1        Congratulations

25th Feb -  Elnak

12th Mar -  Pertenhall

18th Mar-  Nicole Eire (Docs requested)

19th Mar-  IanS61

18th Mar- Rahul Shankar ( Docs requested)

10th Apr-  nyorkgrannie (Docs requested)

28th Apr- HarrisL16

21st May-  Valtibenham

03rd Jun- Lolly T

8th June- Lisa Lou

10th Jun  Rubyford

28th Jun- Daljeet

30th Jun-  Quizt

30th Jun- Ian ireland

13th Jul- Bev50Bradley

16th Jul-  David Leask

1st Aug-  BillSueMac

4th Aug-  Rosie Jaq

15th Aug- Sharad Guru

05th Sep- Mrs. Bee

17th Sep  Jessy J

02nd Oct- Bear 

04th Oct -Kimboslice

03rd Nov- wishful

05th Dec-  Karu1

08th Dec- Jellybean T

10th Dec- AMP 

Hi, sorry to muck up your list, we applied 9.6.2017 ?

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AMP said:

re car insurance

I've been investigating this over the last few days.  First of all be aware that most companies specify  in the small print that you must be AU resident, so no good for those of us on 600 visas.  I found one company which doesn't specify this  - budget direct, and their quotes are also very competitive.  Also be aware that all companies seem to discriminate against new arrivals.  Again, in the small print, it says that for those who have not held an AU drivers licence for at least 2 years then they are liable for an extra excess (around 800$, so no small amount) in the event of a claim.  It classes non AU licence holders as "inexperienced drivers"!!

Hi Amp, we moved over on a 600 in June and my husband got an Au driving licence and bought our car in August. He went through several insurance companies, declaring everything regarding status including 600 Visa and previous driving history. After previous NCB was taken into account, standard excess was $650, additional excess for listed drivers was $400, $1400 for unlisted drivers incase of a claim.The company is GIO. In addition he’s  also joined RACV which is local to Victoria which has many finanacial benefits attached. I’m sure that each state has their own type of branch.

ps my husband is 69yrs old

Geoff & Gill

• Like 3

On 10/12/2017 at 12:48, Catlady2014 said:

The exact same happened in my situation when my daughter and family all became citizens but my agent said it wasn't necessary to inform DIBP.  However, if I had been handling the application personally, I think I would have informed them anyway.   

@Catlady2014 Did it turn out to have held your process back because you didn't advise PVC of your child's change of citizenship ? Did they request you to do anything before the AOS or anything else could proceed? 

I assumed that Aus's systems are so effective, that once granted citizenship, it should automatically be picked up on all information pertaining to his previously held PR visa?

Please, I did ask Immi and received a vague reply from them to either fill in form 929 or 1022 (none of which seem to require any info from the Assurer to be changed), but can not for the life of me, find the correct procedure for the assurer to update his citizenship status and it does not mention anywhere on the form 40 

that DIBP should be informed of such changes regarding the sponsor. I am just assuming that on our form 80 , we need to update the correct information and he, in his application at Centrelink needs to update his information. Any advice? 

Should he perhaps just waltz into a Centrelink office and do the enquiry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

12 hours ago, Nicole Eire said:

You can add me too please (on behalf of my parents!!) Also, can anyone else comment on whether it is sufficient for me to be aos for both of my parents - or whether I should include hubby too?

It all depends on your income @Nicole Eire

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

More than one person can be the Assurer of support.

9 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

So proof of no claims wouldn’t help then ?

No, as that's another issue which is addressed separately.    I have now found one company which doesn't seem to penalise non AU licence holders and which also doesn't require residency status.  The company is Bingle and their quote was the best I have found so far anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Geof and Gill, I'll check that one out as well.  I'm a bit confused about the AU licence, maybe it is state dependent, but on the Queensland info I looked up it seemed to be saying that you could only change your licence once resident.  Also I was keen to hang on to my UK licence as long as possible as I thought it may make it easier and cheaper to hire a car when I visit the UK.  Maybe that's not the case though!  Did you have to pay for the AU licence or not?  Also is it an exchange or were you able to keep the UK one? 

37 minutes ago, elnak said:

@Catlady2014 Did it turn out to have held your process back because you didn't advise PVC of your child's change of citizenship ? Did they request you to do anything before the AOS or anything else could proceed? 

I assumed that Aus's systems are so effective, that once granted citizenship, it should automatically be picked up on all information pertaining to his previously held PR visa?

Please, I did ask Immi and received a vague reply from them to either fill in form 929 or 1022 (none of which seem to require any info from the Assurer to be changed), but can not for the life of me, find the correct procedure for the assurer to update his citizenship status and it does not mention anywhere on the form 40 

that DIBP should be informed of such changes regarding the sponsor. I am just assuming that on our form 80 , we need to update the correct information and he, in his application at Centrelink needs to update his information. Any advice? 

Should he perhaps just waltz into a Centrelink office and do the enquiry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What I would do is to email DIBP, putting your name plus date of birth plus ref no. in the title, and attach a copy and of the Citizenship Cert, and cross your fingers.  It won't do any harm, but it may help.  To be honest, if you fit all the other criteria for a contrib parent, this shouldn't make a difference, but on the principle that anything positive may help!?  It definitely won't hurt!  That's my take on it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Catlady2014 perhaps things work out for the best in the end anyway, I don't know when along this route I started losing the faith, perhaps after month 25, but now we were SOOOOOO ready, everything in place, house sold, hubby's contract nearly over, Boxes packed......... only thing we need is the visa now. But I will keep the faith, try to stay strong. Thank you so very much for all your support in this forum.

Edited by elnak
Spelling
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AMP said:

Thanks Geof and Gill, I'll check that one out as well.  I'm a bit confused about the AU licence, maybe it is state dependent, but on the Queensland info I looked up it seemed to be saying that you could only change your licence once resident.  Also I was keen to hang on to my UK licence as long as possible as I thought it may make it easier and cheaper to hire a car when I visit the UK.  Maybe that's not the case though!  Did you have to pay for the AU licence or not?  Also is it an exchange or were you able to keep the UK one? 

Hi Amp, 

The main reason I applied for Victorian licence ‘10year $270’ ish is that my UK licence will run out February owing to the big 70 birthday.

I just turned up at Vicroads Office and completed application, everything was fine until I filled out the bit “was I on any prescribed medication”, well as most of the UK over 60 is on some form of cholesterol tablet, and or blood pressure tablet, I completed the form with detail, so they took my money and handed me a form to be signed by my GP. So that was my next job. Find a GP ‘Bulk Billing’ best bet, after a blood test a quick poke and a prod, the next day he signed me as fit to drive “cost $75” in fact I have the same certificate as any self respecting Uber driver requires to drive for a living, ha ha result !

Regarding UK licence, yes I still have, in fact for some reason I got away with not having a hole punched in it, as is normal. Come February If I do get the 143 Visa then won’t need UK licence any more.

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For those of you who were already in Australia on a 600 visa when the request for additional docs was sent (police clearance, medical examination), how did you manage to get the documentation? Are you allowed to the health examinations in Australia? 

Can you finish all of the processes until the point of visa grant while still in Australia? I read elsewhere that the applicant would need to be outside of Australia when the visa is granted though. This is for CPV 173.

On 10/15/2017 at 04:27, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, sorry to muck up your list, we applied 9.6.2017 ?

Geoff & Gill

Hi Geoff and Gill,

I'll add you next time I do an update, when there is a change- hopefully someone soon gets an email from Immi . I had you on my list, but got confused at the last minute and thought you were 2014. I know its not a comprehensive list, just a short summary to take a printout and hang on the fridge door:).

• Like 3

I understand that UK state pensions are able to benefit from an 8% per annum allowance against Australian tax under the Undeducted Purchase Price (UPP) of foreign pensions arrangement.

In addition to our UK state pensions, my husband and I each have UK occupational pensions. These were funded by ourselves and our employers. Our own contributions to these pensions were tax deductible at the time of contribution. Am I correct in thinking that these could not benefit from the UPP process and produce some allowance against Australian tax?

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has experience of this.

11 hours ago, pmindia said:

For those of you who were already in Australia on a 600 visa when the request for additional docs was sent (police clearance, medical examination), how did you manage to get the documentation? Are you allowed to the health examinations in Australia? 

Can you finish all of the processes until the point of visa grant while still in Australia? I read elsewhere that the applicant would need to be outside of Australia when the visa is granted though. This is for CPV 173.

Police check is done online. You can have medicals done in Oz - @ BUPA for example

you have to be out of Oz for visa. Email the CPV at the end when all is done, give them your travel dates away from Oz and they should activate visa whilst you are out of the country. 

So I believe anyway. -   I’m sure others may know for sure!!!! ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Police check is done online. You can have medicals done in Oz - @ BUPA for example

you have to be out of Oz for visa. Email the CPV at the end when all is done, give them your travel dates away from Oz and they should activate visa whilst you are out of the country. 

Kathss56 is it possible to rent a property while you are on a 600 visa?

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Spot on Kath. We spent a few days in Bali. Such a hardship I know........:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Today’s visa processing update. After the queue speeding up this is disappointing,:S

C139BA0A-1E2C-419E-9C5B-43924ECAADAF.png

As it says in the heading "Last updated: 16 October 2017 (for month ending 30 September 2017)" so I am hoping that this reflects the slow pace in September when there was only 1 update. Hopefully October's figures will reflect the faster pace this month when published in November. Or am I just being optimistic.................

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

As it says in the heading "Last updated: 16 October 2017 (for month ending 30 September 2017)" so I am hoping that this reflects the slow pace in September when there was only 1 update. Hopefully October's figures will reflect the faster pace this month when published in November. Or am I just being optimistic.................

I hope you are right ! ??

• Like 4

UPDATED LIST- 2015 Lodgers

15th Jan-   Gogirl 1        Congratulations

25th Feb -  Elnak

12th Mar -  Pertenhall

18th Mar-  Nicole Eire (Docs requested)

19th Mar-  IanS61

18th Mar- Rahul Shankar ( Docs requested)

10th Apr-  nyorkgrannie (Docs requested)

28th Apr- HarrisL16

21st May-  Valtibenham

03rd Jun- Lolly T

8th June- Lisa Lou

10th Jun  Rubyford

28th Jun- Daljeet

30th Jun-  Quizt

30th Jun- Ian ireland

13th Jul- Bev50Bradley

16th Jul-  David Leask

1st Aug-  BillSueMac

4th Aug-  Rosie Jaq