Guest guest36187

27 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

That’s the problem. Some get a 600 visa granted with up to 12mths stay each time.

Others have a condition attached stating only 12 in every 18mths stay. You won’t know until you apply

No one really knows why some differ!  Maybe it’s to do with your health or the funds you have?

That is why I will time going on a 12mth one hoping my143 will be through just before it ends!

Roll on Jul 17 ?

Hi Kathss56

I have been away from the forum for a while so I'm not up to speed (or my brain is not up to speed)

I know we are both on the same lodgement dates.

So are you now going to Oz on a 600 visa this year?

What conditions do you have on your 600?

Edited by SusieRoo

58 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi Kathss56

I have been away from the forum for a while so I'm not up to speed (or my brain is not up to speed)

Hi.

No doing next year Jul18 approx   - thinking our visas will be through before jul19 which is then 39mths,,

grandchild due in March. So Going for a holiday then and when I get back will sell up and apply for 600

At least 3 people are there now on 600 so I’m sure they can answer better than me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi Kathss56

@SusieRoo  Read this post below from  recent 600application 

On 11/08/2017 at 07:19, AMP said:

Hurrah, today I am very relieved!  Just had my 600 visa through only 3 days after application.  It is valid until 11/8/22.  Only 2 conditions attached - 8101 No work and 8201 Max 3 months study.  Stay period is 12 months from date of each arrival  and travel facility is Multiple. It also doesn't even specify that I need to maintain private health insurance whilst in Oz. 

I must confess that I have been VERY anxious, particularly since some folks on here had been receiving 12 months and No further stay (Suzyq) or 12 months in 18 months (nyorksgrannie) conditions.  I really don't know how Immi decide, and it appears that  they are operating inconsistently,  but it has worked out for me and today I feel very grateful.  Looking forward to now feeling a bit more relaxed (Only a bit, since I still have all the stresses of preparing for the last bits re the sale of my house and everything else  involved in my move!!)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

Just got our request for documentation (Lodgement date 18/03/2015).

Here's hoping we get a case officer before the new year. 

CONGRATS.... NICE TO KNOW THAT... RELIEF ... FEEL WE ARE ALSO GETTING CLOSER N CLOSER AS MINE IN JUNE, 2015.... HOPE THE WAITING ENDS SOON...GOOD LUCK..

4 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

Wow, that is fantastic.  We were 12 Mar 15 so it can't be long now.  I see that others who lodged in Jan 15 still haven't heard anything - strange.  Nevertheless lovely to see things moving.  Keep us updated.

• Like 3

Just now, Pertenhall said:

Wow, that is fantastic.  We were 12 Mar 15 so it can't be long now.  I see that others who lodged in Jan 15 still haven't heard anything - strange.  Nevertheless lovely to see things moving.  Keep us updated.

Yes very strange as lots have jan and Feb. 

:S

• Confused 1

Fantastic to see how quickly parent visa processing is moving at the moment, but I have a worry that it may all slow down again at the end of the year.

We know that immi process 1,500 Non-CPVs and 7,175 CPVs each year.

From November they will also be processing 15,000 new type parent visas each year.

So you would assume they are in the process of tripling the workforce at Perth.

Could this be why we are seeing things speed up now? and is this the calm before the storm?

Anyway good luck to all the early 2015ers and I hope I am wrong about this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

That is fantastic news! I have a long wait still, as only lodged in March this year, but posts like yours keep me going! Best of luck. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 22:32, SusieRoo said:

Well done AMP it all sounds wonderful

We keep thinking about going out on a 600 visa while we wait to our CPV and I am still a little unsure how the 600 works.

If your 600 is for three years, you say you can stay for 12 months. Can you then just leave Australia temporally (for a few days) and then get a further 12 months stay?

Or is there a minimum time gap between each 12 months stay?

Thanks SusieRoo.  As long as the visa specifies  "Travel Facility: multiple" then yes, you just have to leave before 12 months and re-enter on another date then the 12 months starts again 

On 09/10/2017 at 22:56, tabitha10 said:

Oooh id like to know this too...i just had a quick look at the possibility of a 600 visa and wondered if there is an option for 3,6 or 12 months??

(the stays are 3,6,12 at any one time but valid for 12 months)

Id like to know more about the 12 month max stay on each arrival?

As the travel agent said if i want to do a return flight say in 7 months time but only have a visa for 3 months then i would need to show ongoing travel plans to say NZ for a week ish then come back to Aus for another 3 months....

I was doing a return flight as its the same price as one way !

Hi Tabitha10.  See my post of August 9th for detail . Sorry, I'm struggling with copying and pasting it!   It needs to be a paid for visa, the free E visa won't give you the 12 month option.  

• Like 1

On 09/10/2017 at 19:44, Kathss56 said:

Hi Angela-glad you have arrived safe. With private ins it’s things like dental etc I think. All cost more there. For instance in Perth you have to pay if you needed to call an ambulance etc. Quite expensive So see what’s free and what isn’t in yr local town/state and of course let me know ! ?

On 09/10/2017 at 20:05, Nemesis said:

Even if you don't get private insurance, its wise to get Ambulance cover (every state except Qld I believe). It costs thousands if you are transported by ambulance, and that includes when it is out of your control - car crash etc. Most companies like BUPA will do insurance just for ambulance cover.

Thanks Kathy and Nemesis for your advice here.  Will check it all out and report back .....

20 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

Are you sure about the lodgement date? Are you not perhaps quoting the date on which you received acknowledgement of first VAC payment?  It would be a first I think for Immi to not process an application according to lodgement date. Remember your lodgement date is not the date on which you received acknowledgement of payment of the first VAC but the date on which Immi first received your documents which usually is an earlier date. 

Just now, elnak said:

Are you sure about the lodgement date? Are you not perhaps quoting the date on which you received acknowledgement of first VAC payment?  It would be a first I think for Immi to not process an application according to lodgement date. Remember your lodgement date is not the date on which you received acknowledgement of payment of the first VAC but the date on which Immi first received your documents which usually is an earlier date. 

Hi,

Yes i know what the difference is between the lodgement and acknowledgement dates.

My lodgement date is as stated in the original post. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

Hi,

Yes i know what the difference is between the lodgement and acknowledgement dates.

My lodgement date is as stated in the original post. 

Thanks a lot. Just needed to confirm. Must admit, I am really confused about the whole process now. Perhaps @Alan Collett can shed some light on it for us please? I thought it was strictly according to lodgement date?