Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

If I were you, I would apply for a 143 visa and not the 173.

Many things will change over the years while your mum will be queuing, and the price of the 2nd part of the visa (173 to 143) may go up considerably.

We are going for a 173, but we have now learned this was not the best choice. 

Best to bite the bullet and get it all paid in one go.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I've thought about it as well. I misunderstood the visa processing time for visa 173 ("unavailable due to low volume of applications"). I thought it would mean faster visa processing. lol  But it seems that it has the same processing time as visa 143. Thanks. 

Hi everyone,

Great forum, I've been following it for years now. 

My mother in law is nearing her date for when DIBP asks for further documents (acknowledgment date 18/03/2015). 

Question: For Form 80, Police checks etc, did you all have to submit them as hardcopies? Or was there an online portal you (or your agent) were able to access to upload all of the requested documentation? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, rahulshankar said:

Hi everyone,

Great forum, I've been following it for years now. 

My mother in law is nearing her date for when DIBP asks for further documents (acknowledgment date 18/03/2015). 

Question: For Form 80, Police checks etc, did you all have to submit them as hardcopies? Or was there an online portal you (or your agent) were able to access to upload all of the requested documentation? 

Thanks.

The PVC is generally happy to receive these docs as colour scans.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Hi All

How does the AOS and Centrelink process work?. My daughter has been phoning to make an appointment and to ask what is needed but is on hold for literally hours ! She waited for 4 hours on one occasion !.

Can she just turn up to the offices or is their an electronic or email system ?

My agent doesn't know and thinks she can just turn up, anyone had similar experience and any advice please,

Judging from this site: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support#group-250 , you should be able to rock up to a Human Services centre and they should be able to accept the forms and verify the assurer's ID. Then it's just a waiting game as to when the phone interview occurs. I'm sure others on here could elaborate more in that regard. 

• Like 2

Hi guys, I was just wondering if my mum will be granted a visitor visa subclass 600 (family-sponsored) if she would submit an off-shore application for parent visa 143 at least a month prior to applying for a visitor visa? I was just wondering if a pending CPV application could affect an application for a visitor visa. Cheers.

15 minutes ago, Mik said:

Hi guys, I was just wondering if my mum will be granted a visitor visa subclass 600 (family-sponsored) if she would submit an off-shore application for parent visa 143 at least a month prior to applying for a visitor visa? I was just wondering if a pending CPV application could affect an application for a visitor visa. Cheers.

We all visit whilst pending! Usually a 651 Evisitor for 3mths or a longer 600 family tourist or /sponsored 

As long as she is offshore until they confirm 143 application lodged I would think that would be fine?! 

2 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi All

How does the AOS and Centrelink process work?. My daughter has been phoning to make an appointment and to ask what is needed but is on hold for literally hours ! She waited for 4 hours on one occasion !.

My agent doesn't know and thinks she can just turn up, anyone had similar experience and any advice please,

@Catlady2014 should be able to help? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi All

I think my daughter downloaded the form from the Centrelink website, filled it all in, gathered up all the documents she needed, and then went into Centrelink.  They won't talk to you on the phone, they will only post the form to you to fill in.  So it's quicker to download the form.  And aim get to the office before a queue builds up.  I'll ask my daughter to confirm but I think this is what she did.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

I think my daughter downloaded the form from the Centrelink website, filled it all in, gathered up all the documents she needed, and then went into Centrelink.  They won't talk to you on the phone, they will only post the form to you to fill in.  So it's quicker to download the form.  And aim get to the office before a queue builds up.  I'll ask my daughter to confirm but I think this is what she did.  

Ok thanx ive relayed that over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rahulshankar said:

Judging from this site: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support#group-250 , you should be able to rock up to a Human Services centre and they should be able to accept the forms and verify the assurer's ID. Then it's just a waiting game as to when the phone interview occurs. I'm sure others on here could elaborate more in that regard. 

Excellent link, rahulshankar.  

@gafuk, send that link to your daughter.  

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 1

@gafuk, tell your daughter when she hands over everything at Centrelink to make sure that the Centerlink Officer witnesses the form properly, i.e. your daughter should sign it in the presence of the officer, and the officer then signs it also.  Centrelink uploads everything onto their system and eventually, some weeks later, your daughter will be asked to attend an interview at which she will be told exactly what her obligations as assurer are etc.  Then some weeks after that she will be told whether or not she is accepted as an assurer.  It's about 9 to 12 weeks or so but may vary from one office to another.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

@gafuk, that's how she remembers it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi All

My son downloaded the forms and took all the info to the nearest centrelink without an appointment. Just make sure everything is double checked with AOS. Despite showing the correct identification at the time, when he hadn't heard anything back from them, my son phoned and was told they hadn't verified all the documents. He had to go back again with the same info, queue for another hour and submit them again!

• Like 1

Does anyone who had to go offshore for their visa to be granted remember the procedure? How did you let them know you were out of the country and how long did it take to be informed the visa had been granted? Any info would be very welcome before I book our trip to New Zealand (unfortunately I've injured my knee, so want to be away as little time as possible, as I can't easily walk at the moment!)

We spoke to our case officer by Phone/email we arranged to leave for New Zealand on the Monday and return on the Friday once she knew our arrival time in NewZealand she issued our visa. When we re-entered Australia the customs officers took us to one side for a few minutes and then it was all systems go I hope this helps it was a lovely feeling for it to be all sorted. Good luck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

That's what my daughter did too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrendaM said:

Does anyone who had to go offshore for their visa to be granted remember the procedure? How did you let them know you were out of the country and how long did it take to be informed the visa had been granted? Any info would be very welcome before I book our trip to New Zealand (unfortunately I've injured my knee, so want to be away as little time as possible, as I can't easily walk at the moment!)

We were told our visa would be issued while we were here on holiday. We contacted the PVC by email and their email reply was initially not that helpful, just agreeing with me that we couldn't be onshore when the visa was issued. I emailed again asking should we delay our arrival and at that point someone from the PVC phoned my daughter and said that they could wait till we returned home before issuing it if we wanted.  My daughter told them we were happy to leave for a few days and they then emailed us and said that if we wanted to leave for a few days we should email them our travel plans and they would issue the visa after we had left. I emailed s screenshot of the online booking form and we flew to New Zealand a few days later. The visa was issued the day after we arrived in NZ.

An added advantage was that we didn't have to validate the visa by entering Australia within a year of its issue because it was validated on our return from NZ.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrendaM said:

My son downloaded the forms and took all the info to the nearest centrelink without an appointment. Just make sure everything is double checked with AOS. Despite showing the correct identification at the time, when he hadn't heard anything back from them, my son phoned and was told they hadn't verified all the documents. He had to go back again with the same info, queue for another hour and submit them again!

Hi BrendaM, can you let me know how long did it take you to get the approval of AOS since you apply? and how long after you got the AOS, you recevied a request for 2nd vac. Thanks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

We all visit whilst pending! Usually a 651 Evisitor for 3mths or a longer 600 family tourist or /sponsored 

As long as she is offshore until they confirm 143 application lodged I would think that would be fine?! 

Hey, thanks for this. I hope it won't take that long for them to confirm that the 143 application is lodged after payment of 1st VAC.

Do you all think it would be OK if we requested police certificates now? Lodgement date of 18/03/2015 

Would it still be valid? Looks like we might get to the request for further documents by late November if the processing keeps up.

Thanks.

Edited by rahulshankar

Sorry, another question:

When one finally receives a request for further documentation (Form 80, Medicals, AOS and police check), in regards to the medical examination, were people given a HAP ID? Did many people (or all) use the online submission system (My Health Records) with their consulting physician(s)? 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

Do you all think it would be OK if we requested police certificates now? Lodgement date of 18/03/2015 

Would it still be valid? Looks like we might get to the request for further documents by late November if the processing keeps up.

Thanks.

I'd be inclined to wait a bit longer.  The Police report is only valid for 12 months and DIBP would ask you to do another one if the first was out of date.  It only takes a few days to get one, so it wouldn't really save you any time to get it in advance anyway.  My own only took about 4 days.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rahulshankar said:

Sorry, another question:

When one finally receives a request for further documentation (Form 80, Medicals, AOS and police check), in regards to the medical examination, were people given a HAP ID? Did many people (or all) use the online submission system (My Health Records) with their consulting physician(s)? 

Thanks.

Yes, you do get the HAP ID with the invitation to provide documents.  I used the online system to fill in answers to questions, which means that the medical examiner has all the info immediately to hand.  You will have to sign a form at the examination as well and produce ID too.  The medical examiner uploaded my results direct to DIBP very very quickly.  

• Like 2