Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, elnak said:

I had to double check and checked again that I am not perhaps day dreaming before posting the above. 2015 people!!! I am so happy, you'd think we got our visas I was so happy. xD

Wow great news!!  I would be giddy too! 

If only it was 2016!  Seems like a lifetime away for me yet! ?

Fingers crossed it doesn't drag out for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, elnak said:
OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.

Fantastic news!

2014 has been so slow and if I'm not mistaken they were processing 2014 back in 2015.

We have just past our 18months queuing anniversary and with all the recent movements from immi, it is really starting to feel like progress.

So this is a great landmark in our journey and it calls for a trip to Aldi for bottle of fizz.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Fantastic news!

2014 has been so slow and if I'm not mistaken they were processing 2014 back in 2015.

We have just past our 18months queuing anniversary and with all the recent movements from immi, it is really starting to feel like progress.

So this is a great landmark in our journey and it calls for a trip to Aldi for bottle of fizz.

They certainly were.  I started recorded progress on 9 Nov 15 when they were processing 6 Jan 14.  It is such good news that we are on to 2015 at last.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Fantastic news!

Hopefully we are half way there ??

• Like 2

So pleased for all those with their visa in such close sight - every good wish to you all!! For those of us left in "the waiting room" commiserations!

My other half seems to think that he read or heard somewhere that the reason there was such a backlog of 143 applications was due to a large volume of applications in 2014. Does anyone know anything about that? I appreciate there's only an allocated number of visas granted per year, but how do the numbers applying stack up against those numbers? I suppose what I'm hoping for is a quicker turnover than we've seen this last year. Anyone know anything or have an opinion even?!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, elnak said:

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.

Wow finally 2015 ? Very exciting! We are going in November for 6 months so who knows might be lucky while we are there to have our visa processed . Good luck everyone ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzyq said:

So pleased for all those with their visa in such close sight - every good wish to you all!! For those of us left in "the waiting room" commiserations!

My other half seems to think that he read or heard somewhere that the reason there was such a backlog of 143 applications was due to a large volume of applications in 2014. Does anyone know anything about that? I appreciate there's only an allocated number of visas granted per year, but how do the numbers applying stack up against those numbers? I suppose what I'm hoping for is a quicker turnover than we've seen this last year. Anyone know anything or have an opinion even?!

I think they ran out of visas because of the demand in that particular year..  so part of the next years visa allications had to be passed on to this year. But things are looking a bit better .. in my own humble opinion. Great job, Immi!!     

• Like 1

Hi. I'm quite new in this forum. What does it mean by "unavailable due to low volume of applications" upon checking the processing time for visas? Because I was thinking of applying a temporary 173 visa for my mum. Does it mean that the visa processing time will be faster? Thanks.

Can someone come round and pinch me please for I must be dreaming.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 13 January 2015.

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

Unfortunately no, it doesn't.

Send a blank email to parents@border.gov.au to get an auto reply in our inbox that sets out which application lodgement dates are presently being allocated for assessment, broken down between the various parent visa subclasses, including 173.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan, onshore 864 showing Sept. 2016

2 hours ago, bridgie said:

Can someone come round and pinch me please for I must be dreaming.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 13 January 2015.

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

Wow it's moving quickly!!???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Unfortunately no, it doesn't.

Send a blank email to parents@border.gov.au to get an auto reply in our inbox that sets out which application lodgement dates are presently being allocated for assessment, broken down between the various parent visa subclasses, including 173.

Best regards.

Hi. Thanks for the response. Will do. 

If a parent is a holder of a visitor visa and is going to submit an application for a residency visa offshore (i.e. subclass 143/173), when is it best for her to go to Australia for a holiday once the application for a residency visa is lodged? I'm just worried that if the application was submitted but hasn't been acknowledge yet, it might get denied because they will find out she is onshore. 

8 hours ago, Mik said:

Hi. I'm quite new in this forum. What does it mean by "unavailable due to low volume of applications" upon checking the processing time for visas? Because I was thinking of applying a temporary 173 visa for my mum. Does it mean that the visa processing time will be faster? Thanks.

If I were you, I would apply for a 143 visa and not the 173.

Many things will change over the years while your mum will be queuing, and the price of the 2nd part of the visa (173 to 143) may go up considerably.

We are going for a 173, but we have now learned this was not the best choice. 

Best to bite the bullet and get it all paid in one go.

• Like 1