Guest guest36187

15 hours ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Catlady

My goodness PVC have taken their time with your application. You should be getting the grant email at any moment. Good luck with your future life in Oz. The POMS site is a real life saver for all those in the waiting room, but for me it is now time to move on. Good luck everyone and let's hope the wait for all those remaining does not extend too far.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Sounds like that may be your last post on this thread.

I would just like to thank you for all your posts over the last two years (since I starting reading this forum)

Sharing your ups and downs with this online community has been incredibly helpful and reassuring for many of us making the same journey.

Good luck with everything and wishing you a happy new life down-under.

SusieRoo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My daughter arrives 21st October so that we can travel back together on the 27th.  

Brilliant news that you have at last got your visa and how lovely that you and your daughter will be travelling to Oz together, just under a month to go! There could not be a better early Christmas present.

Where in Brisbane are you hoping to settle, we hope to be travelling out to Brisbane in a years time - fingers crossed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

Brilliant news that you have at last got your visa and how lovely that you and your daughter will be travelling to Oz together, just under a month to go! There could not be a better early Christmas present.

Where in Brisbane are you hoping to settle, we hope to be travelling out to Brisbane in a years time - fingers crossed.

Yes, not long to go, and indeed I'll actually look forward to Christmas this year!  I'm headed to Victoria Point, about 20 miles south east of Brisbane.  

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 08:06, Catlady2014 said:

Hi Julie, yes a very very long time.  But hopefully only a day or so now.  The bank cheque was sent by my daughter last Friday afternoon by registered priority post and takes 1-4 business days, but Monday was a public holiday, and the cheque is still "in transit".  Glad everything is falling into place for you, your "journey" kept my spirits up.  All the best for your new life.  

Congratulations!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Yes, not long to go, and indeed I'll actually look forward to Christmas this year!  I'm headed to Victoria Point, about 20 miles south east of Brisbane.  

Nice Area. We spent a day last year exploring the coast from Redland Bay to Manley, I seem to remember that there is a lakeside shopping area near Victoria Point with a cinema, gym, restaurants etc. We are looking to move north of Brisbane, maybe as far as Buderim, the main driver for us is a good sociable golf club. Plus house prices close to Brisbane are increasing much faster than those in the UK - and we still have at least a year to wait for our visa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Nice Area. We spent a day last year exploring the coast from Redland Bay to Manley, I seem to remember that there is a lakeside shopping area near Victoria Point with a cinema, gym, restaurants etc. We are looking to move north of Brisbane, maybe as far as Buderim, the main driver for us is a good sociable golf club. Plus house prices close to Brisbane are increasing much faster than those in the UK - and we still have at least a year to wait for our visa.

Yes, I'll be within 5 mins walk of all the Vic Point facilities. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2017 at 07:02, Gogirl1 said:

That's fantastic. Good news re the latest movements. Well done and what a weight off your minds. Just  hoping for things to get going for the Jan 2015 applicants!!!

@Gogirl1

I can't wait for you to post that you have heard from PVC. I am just behind you so am watching you closely.

• Like 1

Yes, I'll be within 5 mins walk of all the Vic Point facilities. 

Hi Catlady2014
We emigrated in 2012 and live in Redland Bay where our daughter and grandchildren also live. We also have a son and grandkids just over the border in NSW. This forum was so helpful while we were waiting for our CPV and I still "lurk" now and again! I know when you first arrive it will be very hectic with lots to do but one day you may wish to start thinking about making new friends etc. There are many clubs to join, in and around the bayside area, but if you're interested, there is a coffee group which meets once a week at various local cafes for age 50+ ladies, predominantly English, but certainly not exclusively, to chat and laugh and swap stories and hints and tips for living in Oz. I'll pm you my mobile and when and if you're interested give me a call. Or feel free to ring if you just want to chat. All the best for your move. The Redlands is a beautiful area. Val x

Sent from my SM-G920I using PomsinOz mobile app

• Like 2

On 28/09/2017 at 18:34, Catlady2014 said:

Cheque delivered to Perth Visa Centre 1.56 am UK time,  9.00 am Perth time - visa granted just now!  

Many many congratulations to you! So pleased for you, it's been some wait!! Wishing you all the very best in Aus. We are very happy here, absolutely the best decision. I'm sure you will settle quickly and happily. 

Good luck to all those who continue to wait! 

Amanda 

Edited by AmandaJB
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, valandmatt said:

Hi Catlady2014
We emigrated in 2012 and live in Redland Bay where our daughter and grandchildren also live. We also have a son and grandkids just over the border in NSW. This forum was so helpful while we were waiting for our CPV and I still "lurk" now and again! I know when you first arrive it will be very hectic with lots to do but one day you may wish to start thinking about making new friends etc. There are many clubs to join, in and around the bayside area, but if you're interested, there is a coffee group which meets once a week at various local cafes for age 50+ ladies, predominantly English, but certainly not exclusively, to chat and laugh and swap stories and hints and tips for living in Oz. I'll pm you my mobile and when and if you're interested give me a call. Or feel free to ring if you just want to chat. All the best for your move. The Redlands is a beautiful area. Val x

Sent from my SM-G920I using PomsinOz mobile app

Thank you so much.  Messaged you. 

Not been around for a few days. hope everyone is ok  We have received our email giving 28 days to complete police checks ( applied for) and medicals ( booked ) . no mention of case officer though ?. House not sold but 2nd vac £  sorted so that's a big worry of our backs. Things seem to be moving along now, the pound has rallied a few cents too ?

Edited by gafuk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Not been around for a few days. hope everyone is ok  We have received our email giving 28 days to complete police checks ( applied for) and medicals ( booked ) . no mention of case officer though ?. House not sold but 2nd vac £  sorted so that's a big worry of our backs. Things seem to be moving along now, the pound has rallied a few cents too ?

We got our request for further information at the beginning of July but didn’t get a case officer until early September. Our case officer was pretty quick off the mark asking for the 2nd VAC but @Catlady2014‘s took several months!!

Good Luck:)

• Like 3

AOS acceptance letter received today. That has taken 3 weeks from the deposit of our AOS bond at the Commonwealth Bank. I have now sent this to our Case Officer and will return to sitting on my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2017 at 09:36, Lalaland said:

Thanks Alan,

My question is, after they receive the payment, would they email me the receipt/invoice to let me know whether or not they can cash it? Thank you

@Lalaland

When was your application lodged please? Will you please keep us updated with your progress?

Thanks

Elna

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.

• Like 7