Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

I read somewhere they advise use a bank draft? Not sure how that works though 

I believe that a bank cheque is the Aus equivalent of a UK banker's draft.  But I thought I saw ages ago that somebody did an electronic transfer, although that's not an option on the request for payment, so maybe I imagined it or the payment options have been changed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Just had a phone call from agent - second vac has been requested at long last.  Just waiting for email from agent with all details.  

Hooray - at long last you must have been despairing that the request will ever come. So pleased, and relieved for you. Fingers crossed that you will have your visa by the end of the month. 

Finally with NanaJan  getting her visa and Kpnuts, Amytran 1, Brenda M and Gafuk being processed it looks as if things are on the move again. About time, this waiting room is getting mighty crowded!

• Like 7

On 17 September 2017 at 21:55, Fisher1 said:

Hi all

We are moving into our rental property today. Will let you know any strange or startling quirks that trip us up along the way.ni was surprised (and pleased) to find that here in NSW the owner pays the service charges and the local taxes. 

Wish us luck!

Hope the move went smoothly and you settle in quickly ?

On 18 September 2017 at 11:02, NanaJan said:

And so, I thought it was time for an update.

I'm not sure of the exact dates as this last part has been a bit of a whirlwind. My daughter had her interview at Centrelink, lodged the $14,000 bond and the AoS application was accepted and uploaded to Immigration on 30th August.

All the other documents were already with the agent. The medicals were completed back in July.

On the 8th September we were asked to pay the 2nd VAC. We had already transferred the necessary sum from the UK and so arranged a bank cheque which was posted to the PVC by express post on 11th September. We booked a trip to Bali and flew out of Australia on 16th September.

From my sun lounger by the pool I can confirm our visas were granted today, the 18th September. We return to Australia on Wednesday and can start both work and serious house-hunting.

I cannot believe that after all this time it has actually happened.

Keep the faith those of you in the waiting room.

Many congratulations now you can really settle and start your new lives ?

• Like 2

We have decided to go over to Australia on a 600 visa until our AOS is requested we applied for visa last weekend and got it back in 2 days so flights booked and leave on the 23/11 . Will let house out until visa granted . Heading to Brisbane initially to collect our car and caravan that's stored there and then head down to Melbourne after Xmas. 

So pleased to see some people receiving good news on here past few days , let's hope it continues .Lorraine 

• Like 6

Hi roommates, 

Pheww after waiting for more than 3 years, we lodged on Sep 4th,2014. Yesterday PVC sent us the request for payment for 2nd VAC on the same day with Ms Catlady. My sister is going to the bank today for the cheque. Just want to let you know this :D. Btw i still have one more question is it sure that we will definitely  100% be granted the visa after paying the cheque? Thanks for the upcoming reply to this silly question of mine n have a great day mates. 

Regards

Edited by bryant
  • Like 11

21 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Just had a phone call from agent - second vac has been requested at long last.  Just waiting for email from agent with all details.  

1 hour ago, bryant said:

Hi roommates, 

Pheww after waiting for more than 3 years, we lodged on Sep 4th,2014. Yesterday PVC sent us the request for payment for 2nd VAC on the same day with Ms Catlady. My sister is going to the bank today for the cheque. Just want to let you know this :D. Btw i still have one more question is it sure that we will definitely  100% be granted the visa after paying the cheque? Thanks for the upcoming reply to this silly question of mine n have a great day mates. 

Regards

Congratulations Catlady and Bryant..glad your wait is over!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bryant said:

Hi roommates, 

Regards

Excellent news, congratulations.  You will definitely get your visa if they've asked for the 2nd Vac.  I believe it's definite even from when they ask for the AoS.  

• Like 3

Hi, Everyone,  I 'm having a mental breakdown right now about 2nd PVC. I am in urgent need of your help. I'm on the email requested by PVC, they stated that: If you choose to pay by "Bank cheque",  then "File reference number must be included with the payment". Does this mean that our FRN must be presented on the cheque itself? or Should the FRN be written somewhere else, like on the envelope I send it with or on a separate piece of paper? My bank said we should put the FRN on the cheque as well, next to the payee " The Department of Immigration and border protection", they also recorded it in their system as the number means " File reference number" for my receipt. Will have an FRN next to Immi'd name (Payee) prevent them from cashing it? I sent the cheque without sending any other letter to tell them that it's for our application since I have the FRN on my cheque. I am worrying sick guys. I am so worried that Immi might not be able to cash it

10 minutes ago, Lalaland said:

Hi, Everyone,  I 'm having a mental breakdown right now about 2nd PVC. I am in urgent need of your help. I'm on the email requested by PVC, they stated that: If you choose to pay by "Bank cheque",  then "File reference number must be included with the payment". Does this mean that our FRN must be presented on the cheque itself? or Should the FRN be written somewhere else, like on the envelope I send it with or on a separate piece of paper? My bank said we should put the FRN on the cheque as well, next to the payee " The Department of Immigration and border protection", they also recorded it in their system as the number means " File reference number" for my receipt. Will have an FRN next to Immi'd name (Payee) prevent them from cashing it? I sent the cheque without sending any other letter to tell them that it's for our application since I have the FRN on my cheque. I am worrying sick guys. I am so worried that Immi might not be able to cash it

Calm down!

I would have written the file number on the back of the bank cheque, and sent it to the PVC with a hard copy of the VAC request letter.

So long as the file reference appears somewhere on the bank cheque all should be well.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Calm down!

I would have written the file number on the back of the bank cheque, and sent it to the PVC with a hard copy of the VAC request letter.

So long as the file reference appears somewhere on the bank cheque all should be well.

Best regards.

Thank Alan for your timely response. Loads off my shoulders already. So Even If I have FRN number printed on the cheque, it would be ok as well?

Regards

26 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

It should be.

I'd have sent the bank cheque with the hard copy VAC request letter too, but you haven't = it is what it is!

Best regards.

Thanks Alan,

My question is, after they receive the payment, would they email me the receipt/invoice to let me know whether or not they can cash it? Thank you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shopbaokha said:

CPV 143 lodgement 21/12/2014 , tax invoice/receipt 23/12/2014 . Today ,i haven't receive yet the invitasion from IMG . Long wait time !!!!

You will do soon hopefully. They are processing mid December so getting nearer your date. 

Edited by Kathss56

On 9/20/2017 at 08:03, Catlady2014 said:

Excellent news, congratulations.  You will definitely get your visa if they've asked for the 2nd Vac.  I believe it's definite even from when they ask for the AoS.  

Great ! Best wishes and good luck in your New life, new home and new country

• Like 2