Guest guest36187

10 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Hi all

We are moving into our rental property today. Will let you know any strange or startling quirks that trip us up along the way.ni was surprised (and pleased) to find that here in NSW the owner pays the service charges and the local taxes. 

Wish us luck!

Very good luck. Another step up on your new life down under ??

• Like 1

And so, I thought it was time for an update.

I'm not sure of the exact dates as this last part has been a bit of a whirlwind. My daughter had her interview at Centrelink, lodged the $14,000 bond and the AoS application was accepted and uploaded to Immigration on 30th August.

All the other documents were already with the agent. The medicals were completed back in July.

On the 8th September we were asked to pay the 2nd VAC. We had already transferred the necessary sum from the UK and so arranged a bank cheque which was posted to the PVC by express post on 11th September. We booked a trip to Bali and flew out of Australia on 16th September.

From my sun lounger by the pool I can confirm our visas were granted today, the 18th September. We return to Australia on Wednesday and can start both work and serious house-hunting.

I cannot believe that after all this time it has actually happened.

Keep the faith those of you in the waiting room.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

I'm not sure of the exact dates as this last part has been a bit of a whirlwind. My daughter had her interview at Centrelink, lodged the $14,000 bond and the AoS application was accepted and uploaded to Immigration on 30th August.

All the other documents were already with the agent. The medicals were completed back in July.

On the 8th September we were asked to pay the 2nd VAC. We had already transferred the necessary sum from the UK and so arranged a bank cheque which was posted to the PVC by express post on 11th September. We booked a trip to Bali and flew out of Australia on 16th September.

From my sun lounger by the pool I can confirm our visas were granted today, the 18th September. We return to Australia on Wednesday and can start both work and serious house-hunting.

Great news, congratulations!

Geoff & Gill

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Wow so very happy for you. Woohoo?Good luck 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Hello

wow wow wow fantastic news, so pleased for you both. You will no doubt be in a house hunting frenzy when you get back, hope all goes well. Will have to meet up again and celebrate.

Julie

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Thank you. I think maybe another lunch date might be in order:)

@juliew1499?

Sounds a good idea! ?? We have our 8 and 5 year old grandsons to look after next week for school holidays whilst their Dad is at work and our daughter is away on a course for a week, so will definitely be up for that! 

Geoff & Gill

53 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Congratulations!  You are so lucky, I'm still waiting.  I don't know what the hold-up is on mine - over 35  months since I lodged my application, and over 4 months since my AoS was finalised and accepted, and yet I still haven't been asked for the second vac.  My agent has emailed DIBP three times, but they just don't answer.  And now the waiting times have increased again.  

Just now, Catlady2014 said:

Congratulations!  You are so lucky, I'm still waiting.  I don't know what the hold-up is on mine - over 35  months since I lodged my application, and over 4 months since my AoS was finalised and accepted, and yet I still haven't been asked for the second vac.  My agent has emailed DIBP three times, but they just don't answer.  And now the waiting times have increased again.  

Thank you. You have been my benchmark through this whole process and I cannot believe this has happened. It seems the day a case officer was allocated to our application the 2nd VAC was requested.

It does seem very strange that nothing has happened on your application. I think I would be chasing them daily!

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Thank you. You have been my benchmark through this whole process and I cannot believe this has happened. It seems the day a case officer was allocated to our application the 2nd VAC was requested.

It does seem very strange that nothing has happened on your application. I think I would be chasing them daily!

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

Yes, my agent has been chasing them but getting no response from the Department.  

2 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I would email them direct,yourself  you never know! ?

7 hours ago, NanaJan said:

What fantastic news.  It is so good to hear some good news.  A breath of fresh air into the stuffy waiting room!  You are living proof that we will get there sometime, we just need to be patient!  Enjoy your new lives.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I would definitely contact them direct and see if you can get some response.  You must be going crazy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Hi NanaJan,

So pleased to hear your good news! Relax and enjoy your holiday, your new life is about to begin!

Hopefully we're not too far behind!

• Like 2

On 18/09/2017 at 06:55, Fisher1 said:

Hi all

We are moving into our rental property today. Will let you know any strange or startling quirks that trip us up along the way.ni was surprised (and pleased) to find that here in NSW the owner pays the service charges and the local taxes. 

Wish us luck!

Congrats and good luck Fisher!  we will be looking for somewhere eventually but helping with family at moment did you find something in Kiama?  It looks a nice place and we are seriously thinking of going south or west now due to exchange rate and property price increases.

18 hours ago, NanaJan said:

WOW ! congratulations ! we are so happy for you - enjoy Bali, we are thinking of taking a holiday there but fear still have quite a wait for our visas.  I think you must have been lucky and got a super efficient case officer ?

• Like 1

I asked Andy from Vista if there was a requirement to work minimum number of hours etc for new pension ruling in Oz here is his reply. 

7 hours ago, Andrew from Vista Financial said:

Hello

Sorry I over looked this.

Here are the eligibility requirements for Age Pension: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/age-pension#group-125

There is no hours/dollars requirement as it is a non contributory system.

The amount you receive once eligible is based on an income and assets test.

The assets test is here:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/assets

The income test is here: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/income-test-pensions

The maximum in assets (exc the home) for a couple before they can get nothing under the assets test is $827,000.

KR

Andy

The above is a reply from @Andrew from Vista Financialre is there a minimum number of hours you have to work to claim pension in 10yrs instead of the new 15yr rule. 

Invalubale advice as always from our friendly experts ! 

• Like 2

Just had a phone call from agent - second vac has been requested at long last.  Just waiting for email from agent with all details.  

That is  great news, what a wait you have had, try to relax and enjoy now, time to celebrate, Cheers!

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

The only payment options are credit card or bank cheque?  So another few days to get the bank cheque and then registered post.   So it won't go until Friday.  Has anybody else managed to pay by bank transfer? 

• Like 1

The only payment options are credit card or bank cheque?  So another few days to get the bank cheque and then registered post.   So it won't go until Friday.  Has anybody else managed to pay by bank transfer? 

I read somewhere they advise use a bank draft? Not sure how that works though