Guest guest36187

21 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I'd expect it to be a 2020 visa grant based on presently available info.

Maybe keep a lookout for info about the new temporary parent visa, if you want to be living in Australia sooner.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply to Bre,  however I must admit your estimate has got me worried. When we applied the waiting time was about 24 months, which has now risen to approximately 36 months.

Are you anticipating the waiting  times to lengthen? I only ask so we can plan for our remaining time in the UK. It's difficult for us to go on the temporary visa. Whilst waiting is frustrating, it's more frustrating not knowing when our visa will be granted. 

Thanks for replies to the many queries including this one, and I am sure others appreciate your imput as much as I do.

Lovely to hear about everyone's plans and progress on their journey to Oz. 

Cheers

Nita16

7 minutes ago, Nita16 said:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply to Bre,  however I must admit your estimate has got me worried. When we applied the waiting time was about 24 months, which has now risen to approximately 36 months.

Are you anticipating the waiting  times to lengthen? I only ask so we can plan for our remaining time in the UK. It's difficult for us to go on the temporary visa. Whilst waiting is frustrating, it's more frustrating not knowing when our visa will be granted. 

Thanks for replies to the many queries including this one, and I am sure others appreciate your imput as much as I do.

Lovely to hear about everyone's plans and progress on their journey to Oz. 

Cheers

Nita16

Hello Nita16.

I see no sign of a lessening demand, nor do I see the Department of Immigration allocating additional resources in the parent visa area.

The temporary parent visa is the Department's response to the lengthening CP visa queue, not an increase in the number of available CP visas annually.

Best regards.

5 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Hello Nita16.

I see no sign of a lessening demand, nor do I see the Department of Immigration allocating additional resources in the parent visa area.

The temporary parent visa is the Department's response to the lengthening CP visa queue, not an increase in the number of available CP visas annually.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. I hope the new temporary parent visas have a positive effect on the spiralling waiting times.

All the best 

Not a 16

Today my daughter received letter from Centrelink to lodge the AOS bond with Commonwealth Bank. So off we went, completed the paperwork, deposited the required $14,000 (me and the wife) and charged $150 for the privilege. Interest from the bond is paid into the sponsors bank account every 6 months so that will be recovered. We now have to send proof of payment etc to Centrelink who will then notify IMMI PVC. Shouldn't be too long now.
Date of lodgement 01/12/2014.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

Today my daughter received letter from Centrelink to lodge the AOS bond with Commonwealth Bank. So off we went, completed the paperwork, deposited the required $14,000 (me and the wife) and charged $150 for the privilege. Interest from the bond is paid into the sponsors bank account every 6 months so that will be recovered. We now have to send proof of payment etc to Centrelink who will then notify IMMI PVC. Shouldn't be too long now.
Date of lodgement 01/12/2014.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi KPNuts

What sort of timeline have you experienced between invitation for medical etc to now please?

1 minute ago, Bre said:

Does your sponsor have to stand for the Aos or can any other relative stand for it?

Thanks 

Hi Bre.

The Assurer does not need to be a family relative.

The key is that the Assurer has sufficient taxable income in Australia, as per Tax Assessment Notices and payslips (if applicable).

Best regards.

GREAT FORUM ! 

Hopefully the finishing line is in sight for my wife and I, well possibly 6  months before we actually leave the Uk all being well with the rest of the process. Ironically until we tie up our funding via our house sale we need to take a little time. Anyway I just wanted to say its been  a great help being in the forum in the few months since I joined. We all know how un informed the visa system is and there are so many questions and scenarios that go through our minds with nowhere official that seem able to put our minds at rest. This is a massive move for most of us with houses to sell, finances to raise , businesses to wrap up etc etc. The System I feel could be a bit more friendly given the fact our worlds are turning upside down , geographically literally !.  This forum has been a great lifeline and sharing everyone elses journey and sharing the same boat has definately helped.

Big thank you to Alan Collett !

Alan Collett especially gives so much advice and its all good information due to the fact he is a Migration agent. Its great and unsual that someone is willing to give so much help and information without charging for it ,  especially as he is involved in the system for a living as an agent and via his website "Go Matilda" with plenty of information and advice.. Any newbies should have a look there , especially if you have not got an agent as Alan would be my choice if I was starting out due to his invaluable input here.  

Hopefully we will all have some good things to share over the next few months .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, gafuk said:

GREAT FORUM ! 

Hopefully the finishing line is in sight for my wife and I, well possibly 6  months before we actually leave the Uk all being well with the rest of the process. Ironically until we tie up our funding via our house sale we need to take a little time. Anyway I just wanted to say its been  a great help being in the forum in the few months since I joined. We all know how un informed the visa system is and there are so many questions and scenarios that go through our minds with nowhere official that seem able to put our minds at rest. This is a massive move for most of us with houses to sell, finances to raise , businesses to wrap up etc etc. The System I feel could be a bit more friendly given the fact our worlds are turning upside down , geographically literally !.  This forum has been a great lifeline and sharing everyone elses journey and sharing the same boat has definately helped.

Alan Collett especially gives so much advice and its all good information due to the fact he is a Migration agent. Its great and unsual that someone is willing to give so much help and information without charging for it ,  especially as he is involved in the system for a living as an agent and via his website "Go Matilda" with plenty of information and advice.. Any newbies should have a look there , especially if you have not got an agent as Alan would be my choice if I was starting out due to his invaluable input here.  

Well said. ??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gafuk said:

GREAT FORUM ! 

Very nice words.

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

My sponsors went to central link to start the AoS process and submit their forms and evidence. However, they did not receive any receipts afterwards and were just told to go home and wait. Did anyone receive receipts from Centrallink after their sponsors went to Centrallink to start the AoS process upon the first visit?

Thank you so much 

Edited by Annabel Lock

On 05/09/2017 at 14:42, SusieRoo said:

Congratulations AMP! very exciting to have your flight booked too.

With immi moving so slowly it's really good to hear at least someone is making progress

I think Bry45 is also flying off today and I wish them well.

Also I am very impressed how quickly Kpnut got the medicals and police checks returned. Can I ask where you had the medicals done? and how detailed was the examination? any info may help to stop me worrying (or the opposite).

Thanks SusiRoo.  Things are now getting close so it's getting a bit hectic.  I'm using John Masons for the move (the only mover, incidentally, who were totally happy to move my furniture etc on a tourist visa (12 months).  So far they have been excellent in terms of communication, also they were on a par with the others in terms of price.  They come next Thursday to export pack my things.  The charity shop is coming the  day before to take the things I'm not shipping and which I haven't been able to give away or sell.

I've sorted my marine insurance with Letton Percival and they are MUCH cheaper than using any of the mover insurers.  Again they were ace on communication and really helpful.  One thing I would advise anyone to start now is to do a complete inventory of everything you are considering taking to Oz.  This is really time consuming, particularly as you also have to state, for insurance purposes, what the replacement value of each item is in Australia.  Better at this stage just to start your list, do your research and note the replacement price in Australian dollars.  When you come to doing your inventory listing this then has to be converted back into dollars, so is very much influenced by the exchange rate.  Honestly, all my belongings appear to be much more valuable than they were 12 months ago when the exchange rate was better!!  Crazy!

I've contacted HMRC re tax and although I will still initially be UK tax liable they are quite happy with me changing my address to an Australian one.  The banks also were quite happy.  This element was much easier than I had anticipated.

That's it for now - must get back to sorting ........

• Like 5

Hello Everyone,
My sponsors went to central link to start the AoS process and submit their forms and evidence. However, they did not receive any receipts afterwards and were just told to go home and wait. Did anyone receive receipts from Centrallink after their sponsors went to Centrallink to start the AoS process upon the first visit?
Thank you so much 

You are not given any receipts for the paperwork. You should hear from them by letter after about 10-12 weeks.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

6 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

You are not given any receipts for the paperwork. You should hear from them by letter after about 10-12 weeks.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Thanks KpNuts!

I had a read through your posts in this thread and saw that you called Central link to follow up on your application around 6 weeks after you submitted it. So should we do the same if we don't hear anything from them after 6 weeks? Thanks again

6 hours ago, AMP said:

Thanks SusiRoo.  Things are now getting close so it's getting a bit hectic.  I'm using John Masons for the move (the only mover, incidentally, who were totally happy to move my furniture etc on a tourist visa (12 months).  So far they have been excellent in terms of communication, also they were on a par with the others in terms of price.  They come next Thursday to export pack my things.  The charity shop is coming the  day before to take the things I'm not shipping and which I haven't been able to give away or sell.

I've sorted my marine insurance with Letton Percival and they are MUCH cheaper than using any of the mover insurers.  Again they were ace on communication and really helpful.  One thing I would advise anyone to start now is to do a complete inventory of everything you are considering taking to Oz.  This is really time consuming, particularly as you also have to state, for insurance purposes, what the replacement value of each item is in Australia.  Better at this stage just to start your list, do your research and note the replacement price in Australian dollars.  When you come to doing your inventory listing this then has to be converted back into dollars, so is very much influenced by the exchange rate.  Honestly, all my belongings appear to be much more valuable than they were 12 months ago when the exchange rate was better!!  Crazy!

I've contacted HMRC re tax and although I will still initially be UK tax liable they are quite happy with me changing my address to an Australian one.  The banks also were quite happy.  This element was much easier than I had anticipated.

That's it for now - must get back to sorting ........

We used Letton Percival too, and second everything you said - especially the inventorying ahead of time! That was something I hadn't thought of and it took me ages.

• Like 1

Hi all

A quick update on our progress.   We've found a tiny house to rent and are moving in next Monday.

Things I should have thought of earlier ... I should have had proof of earnings with me when we approached agents about renting. Photocopies of proof of identity would also have been useful. The agents we approached all wanted 100 points of proof of ID with 40 point for a driving licence 40 points for a passport and 20 points for various other things including a recent bank statement with your current address. We are staying with our daughter and have given her address for everything including Medicare which we have been told we can alter when we move into our own place. We went to our bank the day after we arrived and got them to print out a statement with our current address - statements self printed from the net are not always acceptable it seems.

We've been a bit slow registering for a tax number, we are getting on to that this week. But one thing we hadn't realised is that we need Medicare registration before we can file for tax so Medicare comes first ... Specially useful if you get flu the day after you arrive :-) 

We are in New South Wales so possibly the above is not the same in other states. Hope someone finds it useful.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

So we are looking at preparing for our medicals. In past posts I am sure I've seen comments about a clinic in Edinburgh that are really good and applicant friendly but I tracked back and can't seem to see anything?.   Has anyone commented on this or got information please?.

Also, what is the process , do we automatically have to provide medical background of our families and if so how deep? Or do they only ask for that in certain cases?

Any information would be helpful

Geoff