Guest guest36187

Hi Kpnuts, do u know how much income do you need to have to sponsor for 2 adults and 1 chid?

Hi Jack leee
The Centrelink website is quite informative on this and from memory provide a some guidance on this. It of course depends on the family make up of the sponsor. As well as the evidence of my sponsor, I also evidenced my own earnings and savings to show self dependency. The proof will be once Centrelink have made the assessment. However, they appear totally inefficient as they have asked my daughter to send through payslips and tax returns that have already been provided. This is not a good experience for me and am quietly fed up with this ongoing process of inefficiency.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Today it really has all started to happen!  Contracts exchanged on the house, ready for completion on 25th, so giving me 3 weeks to sort out the last few things.  Shippers booked for 21st, flight out booked for 4th October, friends booked to accommodate me in the interim.   I'm now finally managing to exchange my feelings of apprehension for feelings of excitements,!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, AMP said:

Today it really has all started to happen!  Contracts exchanged on the house, ready for completion on 25th, so giving me 3 weeks to sort out the last few things.  Shippers booked for 21st, flight out booked for 4th October, friends booked to accommodate me in the interim.   I'm now finally managing to exchange my feelings of apprehension for feelings of excitements,!

Congratulations AMP! very exciting to have your flight booked too.

With immi moving so slowly it's really good to hear at least someone is making progress.

I think Bry45 is also flying off today and I wish them well.

Also I am very impressed how quickly Kpnut got the medicals and police checks returned. Can I ask where you had the medicals done? and how detailed was the examination? any info may help to stop me worrying (or the opposite).

• Like 1

With immi moving so slowly it's really good to hear at least someone is making progress.
Also I am very impressed how quickly Kpnut got the medicals and police checks returned. Can I ask where you had the medicals done? and how detailed was the examination? any info may help to stop me worrying (or the opposite).

Hi SusieRoo
I booked the medicals on line with BUPA, Perth. Very straightforward and got a date within a couple of days. You have a chest X-ray, blood test and BP check. Stripped and gowned waist up. Dr did usual chest tapping, looking in ears, mouth etc. I was told there and then that there were no problems pending blood test.

As we have cumulatively been in AU for more than 12 months we had to get Aussie police checks which were returned within a week with the usual price ticket. I had the uk police checks done last November when we started the adventure across the world with never a thought that we would still be waiting! I have just this evening applied for fresh uk police checks as I cannot see us getting our visas before November at this rate. Another £90 up the spout. Not happy but trying to remain focused.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Well done Angela. So H A P P Y for you!  ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thanks, but I'm not at the medical point yet, probably 18 months away in fact.  I'm going out on a 600 visitor visa and risking it!  I can stay for up to 12 months at a time so it should all work fine.  

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2017 at 02:58, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,
One general question - Would we be eligible for First Home Buyers Grant and stamp duty saving if we buy a home after we get 143 and move to Australia?
http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/first-home-owner
Thanks?

Hi , on a 143 we will be permanent residents so I've been told we will be entitled to first time buyers grant and no stamp duty . Sure that's correct .

• Like 2

I've had news from my agent following a meeting between Migration Agents and the Australian High Commission in London, to the effect that 143 Visas are the lowest priority with the immigration authorities.  Fingers crossed the temporary visa due in November actually materialises. 

Rotten news but better than not knowing at all I guess.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

I've had news from my agent following a meeting between Migration Agents and the Australian High Commission in London, to the effect that 143 Visas are the lowest priority with the immigration authorities.  Fingers crossed the temporary visa due in November actually materialises. 

Rotten news but better than not knowing at all I guess.

I hear what you say, but have you seen the processing times for Remaining Relative visas?

Best regards.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Suzyq said:

Are they even worse than the lowest priority then Alan?!!!

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/835-?modal=%2FTrav%2FBrin%2FFami%2FCapping-and-queuing%2FOther-family-visa-queue 

Based on current planning levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 50 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014).

Best regards.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, AMP said:

Good luck, another one out of the waiting room, so pleased for you.  Hope everything goes smoothly.  Stay in touch let us know how you get on.  xx

18 hours ago, AMP said:

Good luck with it all! And congratulations.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Good luck with it all! And congratulations.

Many thanks to you and to everyone for all the good wishes.  I am, however definitely still in the waiting room, just that I will now be waiting in Oz rather than in the UK.  At least I will be able to tackle the last issues, when they do arise, of the dreaded form 80, the medical, the AOS etc  without having to also address all the issues of selling up and moving - which are big enough hurdles in themselves.  Hopefully it  will all go to plan ......... fingers crossed .  Will keep  you informed and will keep following what's happening on this forum anyway - I'm addicted!!

Hope, Fisher1, that all is now going well over there.  You certainly didn't have the best of starts to your new lives in Oz but the heavy colds could well have resulted from all the stress leading up to the move - combined with viruses picked up on the plane!  Very best wishes for your new lives in Australia. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Many thanks to you and to everyone for all the good wishes.  I am, however definitely still in the waiting room, just that I will now be waiting in Oz rather than in the UK.  At least I will be able to tackle the last issues, when they do arise, of the dreaded form 80, the medical, the AOS etc  without having to also address all the issues of selling up and moving - which are big enough hurdles in themselves.  Hopefully it  will all go to plan ......... fingers crossed .  Will keep  you informed and will keep following what's happening on this forum anyway - I'm addicted!!

Hope, Fisher1, that all is now going well over there.  You certainly didn't have the best of starts to your new lives in Oz but the heavy colds could well have resulted from all the stress leading up to the move - combined with viruses picked up on the plane!  Very best wishes for your new lives in Australia. 

Thanks AMP -  things are looking up. We welcomed our baby granddaughter home yesterday, and today we are taking a few days out in Kiama which is where we want to live. Staying in a hotel and doing exactly what we please for most of the time, coupled with a bit of house hunting. Heaven. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Thanks AMP -  things are looking up. We welcomed our baby granddaughter home yesterday, and today we are taking a few days out in Kiama which is where we want to live. Staying in a hotel and doing exactly what we please for most of the time, coupled with a bit of house hunting. Heaven. 

Super.  Welcome to your new baby granddaughter.  Hope you find just want you want in Kiama and enjoy your moments of Heaven  - too  long has already been spent in limbo land!

• Like 1

On 06/09/2017 at 08:06, Alan Collett said:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/835-?modal=%2FTrav%2FBrin%2FFami%2FCapping-and-queuing%2FOther-family-visa-queue 

Based on current planning levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 50 years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014).

Best regards.

Hi Alan.

Sorry but I've read the document and your email 50 times. The current processing date is 25th November 2014.  Our lodgement date 14/12/14,  I am expecting an email for AOS any day.  What do you reckon ?

On 06/09/2017 at 17:53, AMP said:

Congrrats Angela on selling and joining the offshore waiting room, at least the sky is blue!  We are exhausted with new born and 4 yr old

and wonder how we managed when ours were young!  I hope all works out for you, safe journey.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi Alan.

Sorry but I've read the document and your email 50 times. The current processing date is 25th November 2014.  Our lodgement date 14/12/14,  I am expecting an email for AOS any day.  What do you reckon ?

I hesitate about predicting timelines for communications from the PVC, as I can make myself a hostage to fortune.

Nevertheless, I recommend you work on the basis that visa grant will happen, and should take place by Xmas.

Given your timeline I think there is also merit in enquiring of the PVC whether you can progress the AoS.   I have a client application lodged at the beginning of Dec 2014 where an AoS request was issued in early July.

Remember that a watched pot never boils, and all good things come to those who wait!

Best regards.

• Like 2