Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

4 hours ago, sharon h said:

If my dad applies for a non contributory parent visa whilst in Australia is there any way he can then stay in the country and access his pension as I believe they can take many years to be granted.

Does your dad know that his UK state pension will be 'frozen' at the rate payable the day he leaves the UK?  No further cost of living rises are paid after that date, although if he returns to the UK for a holiday, his pension will be paid at the correct rate for UK resdients for the duration of his visit.

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

28 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Does your dad know that his UK state pension will be 'frozen' at the rate payable the day he leaves the UK?  No further cost of living rises are paid after that date, although if he returns to the UK for a holiday, his pension will be paid at the correct rate for UK resdients for the duration of his visit.

As a point of interest, do you know if becoming an Australian Citizen, qualifies for an Australian pension? Or is there some requirement to have worked (and paid tax) for several years. Could you end up with a UK and Oz pension?

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

143 Visa lodged - October 2020

8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a news. I got the request for 2nd VAC today.

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date medical examination & police certificates requested: 21-12-16
Date medical examination attended:                                   15-02-17
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17
Date Assurance of Support completed:                               10-04-17
Date 2nd Visa Application Charge paid:                               10-07-17

Thanks all for the support. 

Cheers

Congratulations!!

1st Vac 5/12/14

AOS/police checks etc requested 02/08/17

2nd Vac requested 3/9/17

Visas granted 16/10/17

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

As a point of interest, do you know if becoming an Australian Citizen, qualifies for an Australian pension? Or is there some requirement to have worked (and paid tax) for several years. Could you end up with a UK and Oz pension?

Two links, for reference:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/age-pension

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/corporate/budget/budget-2017-18/older-australians/enhanced-residency-requirements-pensioners

Best regards.

• Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

My mother has received 2nd VAC request. Application Date: 10th October 2014. I will try to send bank check soon.

• Like 8

143 Application Lodged: 10th October'14

58 minutes ago, clerk85 said:

My mother has received 2nd VAC request. Application Date: 10th October 2014. I will try to send bank check soon.

Congratulations to you and your mother!

• Like 1

1st Vac 5/12/14

AOS/police checks etc requested 02/08/17

2nd Vac requested 3/9/17

Visas granted 16/10/17

Bridging Visas for CPV Applicants.

Just an idea, and I would appreciate any feedback.

Looking at Pertenhall's links to all the 'pipeline' data, is is now clear that anyone applying today for a CPV, will be looking at a 6 year wait.

This has changed dramatically in the last 2 years and the whole point of 'contributory' has become questionable. Also most applicants (over 90%) do end up as permanent residents. So perhaps there is now a strong case for for a bridging visa for all CPVers. (why not?)

One voice would not make any difference, but a 'crowd' may have some impact. How difficult would this be to organise? Anyone got a clue how to start? I know most Australians I meet are shocked at the difficulties we are having to endure while paying so much for our visas. Family reunion is very important to everyone and evokes lots of emotions. I often think our situation might be very different if more people new about the flaws in the parent visa system.

Could we start a campaign for bridging visas? What is the downside (or cost) to Australia from a politicians viewpoint. Please let me know what you think.

Edited by SusieRoo

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Looking at Pertenhall's links to all the 'pipeline' data, is is now clear that anyone applying today for a CPV, will be looking at a 6 year wait.

This has changed dramatically in the last 2 years and the whole point of 'contributory' has become questionable. Also most applicants (over 90%) do end up as permanent residents. So perhaps there is now a strong case for for a bridging visa for all CPVers. (why not?)

One voice would not make any difference, but a 'crowd' may have some impact. How difficult would this be to organise? Anyone got a clue how to start? I know most Australians I meet are shocked at the difficulties we are having to endure while paying so much for our visas. Family reunion is very important to everyone and evokes lots of emotions. I often think our situation might be very different if more people new about the flaws in the parent visa system.

Could we start a campaign for bridging visas? What is the downside (or cost) to Australia from a politicians viewpoint. Please let me know what you think.

They are supposed to be encouraging officers to grant 3yr 600 visas to parents in the cpv  queue  because of the delay I think I read? This is their way of accommodating that i imagine. 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

10 hours ago, clerk85 said:

Not sure where you are, but when we paid our 2nd Vac in April 2016 we were able to pay the bank cheque via Australia post.  We took the invoice along with the bank draft to the nearest Australia post office and they stamped it and gave us a receipt there and then. Saved us having to worry about whether the cheque had arrived ...

• Like 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Frankly, I'd not be spending time on such an exercise.

The new temporary parent visa is intended to allow those waiting for a CPV to spend time in Australia while awaiting a decision on an offshore application.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

7 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Not sure where you are, but when we paid our 2nd Vac in April 2016 we were able to pay the bank cheque via Australia post.  We took the invoice along with the bank draft to the nearest Australia post office and they stamped it and gave us a receipt there and then. Saved us having to worry about whether the cheque had arrived ...

I just dropped the check to lawyer office. They are sending via Australia Post . Actually, I don't know the process well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Frankly, I'd not be spending time on such an exercise.

The new temporary parent visa is intended to allow those waiting for a CPV to spend time in Australia while awaiting a decision on an offshore application.

Best regards.

Oh, I wish I had read your advice sooner. Husband decided to kick the campaign off with his own protest, and chained himself naked to the railings. This really upset one of our neighbours and I had to bring him inside before the police arrived.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Medicals attended yesterday and documents handed in to our lovely new agent @Alan Collett

Signature amended and now a new waiting game begins:)

The medicals were quite painless and all looks OK. We just have to wait for the results of the x-rays and blood tests and no, we didn't have to touch our toes!!

• Like 13

143 Visa application lodged & acknowledged 1st December 2014. Invitation to supply further documents received 4th July 2017. AoS submitted to Centrelink 6th July. Police Certificates and Forms 80 handed in to our agent 12th July. Medicals done 12th July.

Bond lodged mid-August.

Assurance of Support accepted and uploaded to Immi 30th August.

2nd VAC request received 8th September.

VISAS GRANTED 18th September:jiggy:

whilst on holiday in Bali....

Back to Oz on 20th September as official residents:)

On 7/10/2017 at 23:44, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a news. I got the request for 2nd VAC today.

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date medical examination & police certificates requested: 21-12-16
Date medical examination attended:                                   15-02-17
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17
Date Assurance of Support completed:                               10-04-17
Date 2nd Visa Application Charge paid:                               10-07-17

Thanks all for the support. 

Cheers

Hi All,

Thank you all for the wishes.

As I mentioned earlier, we got 2nd VAC request on 10/07 and I made the payment and post it out on the same day itself.
Today we got the great news, for which we have been waiting for almost 3 years. We got the visa today! (13th July 2017)

We are heading to Melbourne. Cheers!

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier, we got 2nd VAC request on 10/07 and I made the payment and post it out on the same day itself.
Today we got the great news, for which we have been waiting for almost 3 years. We got the visa today! (13th July 2017)

congratulations!

• Like 2

Fantastic. We are 4 months behind you!!

CPV 143 lodged 19 January 2015.  Appointed case officer 12 October.  Agent submitted Forms 80 etc.  AOS paperwork submitted 16 October.  Medicals 19 October.  AOS phone call to daughter 27 November.  Left Australia on 12 December.  Visa granted on 21 December 2017.

2 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations, fabulous news. Best wishes for your new life!

3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

You lucky lucky devil!! Congratulations.  :):)

• Like 3

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

13 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

You lucky lucky devil!! Congratulations.  :):)

Surely it can only be days for you now.

Fingers crossed you hear very soon:)

• Like 2

143 Visa application lodged & acknowledged 1st December 2014. Invitation to supply further documents received 4th July 2017. AoS submitted to Centrelink 6th July. Police Certificates and Forms 80 handed in to our agent 12th July. Medicals done 12th July.

Bond lodged mid-August.

3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations:)

There are a few of us in Melbourne. I'm sure we can arrange something once you are here.

• Like 1

Bond lodged mid-August.

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Fisher1 said:

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

Ha ha....fantastic news. Our journey began June 2013...we went for the 173 and then Nov 2016 the 143 still waiting to hear !!! im at the decluttering stage and then ill be at the dedecluttering stage until we have minimised the things we are def taking.

good luck with it all.

• Like 1

01/07/2013 Applied for 173 visa.18/11/2013 Acknowledgement.

14/11/2014  medicals done.15/01/2015 police checks done.

24/03/2015 letter asking for police checks to be emailed...

21/05/2015 Finally asking for payment of visa.....!!!!                                                                                   

16/06/2015 Paid. 18/06/2015 Receipted...01/07/2015 VISA GRANT ..:biglaugh: ......

25/11/2016  143 lodged  :o                                 

22/11/17...REQUEST FOR UP TO DATE FORM 80!! & UP TO DATE POLICE CHECKS.   

27/11/2017 Daughter went to Centerlink 8am............ 28/11/2017 had 'the call'.

6/12/17 had letter to open account !!

VISA GRANT 24/01/18  !!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

38 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

That's great news Fisher good news at last I hope things go smoothly for you! ?

• Like 2

CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Fantastic news,  end of one era, the start of another! All the very best for your future. ?

Edited by Bev50Bradley
  • Like 1

CPV 143 lodgement date 13.07.15 1st VAC paid 14.07.15 Acknowledgement date 15.07.15 AOS Date Requested 15.12.18 Medical date 17.12.18 Police checks date requested 15.12.18 Form 80 date Requested 15.12.18 2nd VAC paid ??? Visa grant date ???

Currently staying in Perth.

11 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations!