Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

Fantastic news! Good luck with the de-cluttering and pour yourselves a glass of wine, you deserve it.

• Like 2

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

Hi Fisher

Congratulations, at long last it looks like you are on your way. You are right it is a funny feeling - when you finally do get the visa and house sold the pace of things really picks up and life becomes a whirl of packing, selling, charity shops, tip runs and goodbyes. take some time to chill out for a while after the move ( if you can) there is so much to do and organise when you get to Oz. We have been here a year now (officially since 30 Nov) and we are just starting to feel more relaxed and settled. 

Julie

• Like 3

Hmm, yes, decluttering ... we recouped some of the visa costs on Sunday by making a hundred pounds at a car boot sale!!! I'm currently getting rid of most of the stuff our daughter left in our loft twelve years ago when she went backpacking for a year to Australia ...   I keep finding more things I want to take ... :)

Hi congratulations on your house sale , had to laugh at your post we have been decluttering our sons things that they left at home when they went off off in '07 and '10. Have been following your posts since about 2012 so pleased to see you journey is nearly complete. We are hoping to hear next year but have been lucky to spend 18 months in Australia recently, so need  to be patient . Good luck with your final stage , Lorraine ?

• Like 2

hi Guys,

1st time poster here, thought to get some advice.

I'm planning to bring my mum here under the 143 visa option, 2/3 of her get children are here myself and brother. 

Currently she's in Australia under tourist visa and its expired in Jan 2017, my question can she submit 143 onshore? And if we're allow to submit onshore can we apply for bridging visa while waiting 143 visa to be granted? and normally how long will it take for it to be processed.

28 minutes ago, gwheng said:

hi Guys,

I'm planning to bring my mum here under the 143 visa option, 2/3 of her get children are here myself and brother. 

Currently she's in Australia under tourist visa and its expired in Jan 2017, my question can she submit 143 onshore? And if we're allow to submit onshore can we apply for bridging visa while waiting 143 visa to be granted? and normally how long will it take for it to be processed.

>  Yes, you can.

>  No bridging visa entitlement attaches.

>  You would have to allow 3 years.

>  How old is your mother?

Best regards.

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

>  Yes, you can.

>  No bridging visa entitlement attaches.

so she will have to stay away from australia while waiting?

>  You would have to allow 3 years.

you mean the processing time will take up to 3 years? on immi site it says 12 mth - 24 mth?

>  How old is your mother?

60 this year.

Best regards.

hi Alan,

thanks for your response, see above comments

1 hour ago, gwheng said:

How long have you been waiting? Congratulation i know the feeling when i got my PR.

Date of  Application: 10 Oct 2014

Date of Bank Check Post: 11 July 2017

Date of VISA Grant : 13 July 2017. Received email today because lawyers office got it after 6 PM yesterday Sydney time as Perth is 2 hours behind.

Total Wait: 2 years 9 months 4 days.

This visa for my mother and younger sister. I feel the same feeling when I received my PR email in April 2012.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Amytran1 said:

Congrats hopefully i can hear from immigration soon my application is on the 8/12/14 

Hi Amytran1

Please let us know when you hear something We are a week or so behind you and would really like to share you journey step by step. Only just putting house up for sale so bit nervy if things progress too fast or too slow !

Geoff

14 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Hi congratulations on your house sale , had to laugh at your post we have been decluttering our sons things that they left at home when they went off off in '07 and '10. Have been following your posts since about 2012 so pleased to see you journey is nearly complete. We are hoping to hear next year but have been lucky to spend 18 months in Australia recently, so need  to be patient . Good luck with your final stage , Lorraine ?

It's nice to know we aren't the only ones hoarding other people's junk in our loft :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gwheng said:

hi Guys,

Welcome to the thread.

Best to get your 143 application in as soon as you can, the wait is getting longer each month.

Not sure if I fully understood your Mum's situation, but you may have a further 3 years delay if she has overstayed on her tourist visa.

Good luck and please keep us posted with progress.  

11 hours ago, clerk85 said:

Date of  Application: 10 Oct 2014

Date of Bank Check Post: 11 July 2017

Date of VISA Grant : 13 July 2017. Received email today because lawyers office got it after 6 PM yesterday Sydney time as Perth is 2 hours behind.

Total Wait: 2 years 9 months 4 days.

This visa for my mother and younger sister. I feel the same feeling when I received my PR email in April 2012.

Congrats it gives some of us lodged in Aug 2015 some hope at last!  Good luck with everything!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi Amytran1

Please let us know when you hear something We are a week or so behind you and would really like to share you journey step by step. Only just putting house up for sale so bit nervy if things progress too fast or too slow !

Geoff

Hi geoff 

I will definitely let you know if i hear anything from immigration we apply for 173 visa for my parent and little sister. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 10:25, gwheng said:

Are you saying her tourist visa has already expired?  Or do you mean Jan. 2018?  I assume you mean 2018 (otherwise she's overstayed and that would cause significant problems).

She can submit a 143 application while she's in Australia but it's still considered an off-shore visa so she would not get a bridging visa.  So she'll need to leave when her tourist visa expires and would need to apply for a new one (or another type of visa) that would let her return to Australia if she wants to spend more time here while her 143 is processed.

The processing times of 12-24 are outdated, these visas are taking 3 years at the moment and the processing times are getting longer since there are more applications going in than spaces available in the annual program.

Congratulations to everyone who has now suddenly seen positive progress in terms of their visas/moving plans.  It feels much more positive to be reading this thread now that we see movement.  I assume that this is because of us having entered a new allocation year now that we are into July.  Just hope this year's allocation doesn't get used up too quickly!!

As for me, well I'm keeping fingers crossed that my house sale will all go through smoothly.  No moving date yet and I can't make any plans to actuallly move to Oz before I know that the house sale has definitely gone through.  Then and only then can I apply for my 600 visa, book flights, arrange shipping, sell car etc etc - so much to think of it's all quite scary.

I have started to get base line quotes for shipping of goods.  Just for information, I am being quoted around £2200 for 500 cubic feet (14 cubic metres) which I am told is the volume of a Luton van.  This is what they estimate for me moving a one bedroomed apartment equivalent. Next week I have a home visit to properly assess the volume I am taking.  Looks as though I have a busy weekend of decisions now.  I'm one of those who is taking virtually everything though excluding white goods.  Basically I just hate shopping and and  love what I have so it's the right decision for me.  That said, I won't have room at the other end for everything, given that I'm moving from a 3 bedroomed house here, so that is where the decision making comes in.  On top of that I have so many pictures (much more hanging space here than in a 1 bed apartment!) and will have to get rid of most of those.  Oooh,  some decisions, are so hard!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Congratulations to everyone who has now suddenly seen positive progress in terms of their visas/moving plans.  It feels much more positive to be reading this thread now that we see movement.  I assume that this is because of us having entered a new allocation year now that we are into July.  Just hope this year's allocation doesn't get used up too quickly!!

As for me, well I'm keeping fingers crossed that my house sale will all go through smoothly.  No moving date yet and I can't make any plans to actuallly move to Oz before I know that the house sale has definitely gone through.  Then and only then can I apply for my 600 visa, book flights, arrange shipping, sell car etc etc - so much to think of it's all quite scary.

I have started to get base line quotes for shipping of goods.  Just for information, I am being quoted around £2200 for 500 cubic feet (14 cubic metres) which I am told is the volume of a Luton van.  This is what they estimate for me moving a one bedroomed apartment equivalent. Next week I have a home visit to properly assess the volume I am taking.  Looks as though I have a busy weekend of decisions now.  I'm one of those who is taking virtually everything though excluding white goods.  Basically I just hate shopping and and  love what I have so it's the right decision for me.  That said, I won't have room at the other end for everything, given that I'm moving from a 3 bedroomed house here, so that is where the decision making comes in.  On top of that I have so many pictures (much more hanging space here than in a 1 bed apartment!) and will have to get rid of most of those.  Oooh,  some decisions, are so hard!!!

Hi Angela,  wow you really have it all under control!   I wish you the very best of luck with the completion of the house sale. Are you shipping your stuff out when you get you 600 visa? I was under the impression we could only ship once we had our 143 visa grant so I  was very pleased to read you could ship on a 600 visa. Don't really want to wait another 18 months before we can start enjoying life in Aus but it's all in the lap of the gods. Good luck with sorting your pictures not an easy job........but it will be all worth it in the end!

Shelagh 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Angela,  wow you really have it all under control!   I wish you the very best of luck with the completion of the house sale. Are you shipping your stuff out when you get you 600 visa? I was under the impression we could only ship once we had our 143 visa grant so I  was very pleased to read you could ship on a 600 visa. Don't really want to wait another 18 months before we can start enjoying life in Aus but it's all in the lap of the gods. Good luck with sorting your pictures not an easy job........but it will be all worth it in the end!

Shelagh 

The company we are using, PSS, won't ship without the permanent visa. All our stuff is in storage in the UK.

It will be like a massive Christmas when we actually get it and unpack:jiggy:

• Like 3

We had thought that the move cube would be the cheapest way to take our things, but even the big one doesnt take very much (218 cubic feet) and we have to pack it ourselves. The quote we had for this was for a total of approx £1600.

Having seen AMP's quote of £2200 for 500 cubic feet I'm beginning to think we've maybe made a mistake. Angela can you tell me if your quote includes everything or are there charges on top? We can still cancel our move cube and get our deposit back if we do so before the site visit scheduled for July 20th ... All advice welcome.

thanks in advance, 

Edited by Fisher1

4 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

We had thought that the move cube would be the cheapest way to take our things, but even the big one doesnt take very much (218 cubic feet) and we have to pack it ourselves. The quote we had for this was for a total of approx £1600.

Having seen AMP's quote of £2200 for 500 cubic feet I'm beginning to think we've maybe made a mistake. Angela can you tell me if your quote includes everything or are there charges on top? We can still cancel our move cube and get our deposit back if we do so before the site visit scheduled for July 20th ... All advice welcome.

thanks in advance, 

The price includes export packing all everything, all paperwork, shipping, presentation to customs and unpacking on the other side.  AQIS fees are on top (I think this is for checking the contents) and estimated to be 450AUD for this volume).  Then there is marine shipping insurance of 3% of consignèrent value, not obligatory but highly recommended.  

Ive had several quotes, all currently around the same figure but can tell you more once I have had a visit.  All the agents offer this free of charge with no obligation.

As for shipping when I haven't got a permanent visa, well, other bloggers have got round this.  Apparently some agents will do it anyway, paeticularly if there is an Oz address to ship to.  I am advised that sometimes it needs to be in the name of a permanent resident, in which case I will give my daughter's details as I will be living in the same property.  Will post again to this blog once the agent has been and I have more definitive info.  Fingers crossed!!   I was actually surprised at how low the cost was.  It cost us much more than that to move back from France!

• Like 3

Ps, I went to a uk website called  worldwidemoving.  Just filled in all my details then had quotes and contact from 5 companies, really easy.  All offered to do free, no obligation home visits to fully assess the volume, but I just got initial quotes for the 500 cubic feet as that enabled me to more readily do a comparison. 

• Like 2

On 14/07/2017 at 13:29, Fisher1 said:

It's nice to know we aren't the only ones hoarding other people's junk in our loft :)

My daughter is over now and sorting hers as we speak! It had better go as my loft has been creaking under the pressure  :biglaugh:

• Like 2