Guest guest36187

28 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Does your dad know that his UK state pension will be 'frozen' at the rate payable the day he leaves the UK?  No further cost of living rises are paid after that date, although if he returns to the UK for a holiday, his pension will be paid at the correct rate for UK resdients for the duration of his visit.

As a point of interest, do you know if becoming an Australian Citizen, qualifies for an Australian pension? Or is there some requirement to have worked (and paid tax) for several years. Could you end up with a UK and Oz pension?

8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a news. I got the request for 2nd VAC today.

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date medical examination & police certificates requested: 21-12-16
Date medical examination attended:                                   15-02-17
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17
Date Assurance of Support completed:                               10-04-17
Date 2nd Visa Application Charge paid:                               10-07-17

Thanks all for the support. 

Cheers

Congratulations!!

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

As a point of interest, do you know if becoming an Australian Citizen, qualifies for an Australian pension? Or is there some requirement to have worked (and paid tax) for several years. Could you end up with a UK and Oz pension?

Two links, for reference:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/age-pension

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/corporate/budget/budget-2017-18/older-australians/enhanced-residency-requirements-pensioners

Best regards.

• Like 1

Bridging Visas for CPV Applicants.

Just an idea, and I would appreciate any feedback.

Looking at Pertenhall's links to all the 'pipeline' data, is is now clear that anyone applying today for a CPV, will be looking at a 6 year wait.

This has changed dramatically in the last 2 years and the whole point of 'contributory' has become questionable. Also most applicants (over 90%) do end up as permanent residents. So perhaps there is now a strong case for for a bridging visa for all CPVers. (why not?)

One voice would not make any difference, but a 'crowd' may have some impact. How difficult would this be to organise? Anyone got a clue how to start? I know most Australians I meet are shocked at the difficulties we are having to endure while paying so much for our visas. Family reunion is very important to everyone and evokes lots of emotions. I often think our situation might be very different if more people new about the flaws in the parent visa system.

Could we start a campaign for bridging visas? What is the downside (or cost) to Australia from a politicians viewpoint. Please let me know what you think.

Edited by SusieRoo

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Looking at Pertenhall's links to all the 'pipeline' data, is is now clear that anyone applying today for a CPV, will be looking at a 6 year wait.

This has changed dramatically in the last 2 years and the whole point of 'contributory' has become questionable. Also most applicants (over 90%) do end up as permanent residents. So perhaps there is now a strong case for for a bridging visa for all CPVers. (why not?)

One voice would not make any difference, but a 'crowd' may have some impact. How difficult would this be to organise? Anyone got a clue how to start? I know most Australians I meet are shocked at the difficulties we are having to endure while paying so much for our visas. Family reunion is very important to everyone and evokes lots of emotions. I often think our situation might be very different if more people new about the flaws in the parent visa system.

Could we start a campaign for bridging visas? What is the downside (or cost) to Australia from a politicians viewpoint. Please let me know what you think.

They are supposed to be encouraging officers to grant 3yr 600 visas to parents in the cpv  queue  because of the delay I think I read? This is their way of accommodating that i imagine. 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, clerk85 said:

My mother has received 2nd VAC request. Application Date: 10th October 2014. I will try to send bank check soon.

Not sure where you are, but when we paid our 2nd Vac in April 2016 we were able to pay the bank cheque via Australia post.  We took the invoice along with the bank draft to the nearest Australia post office and they stamped it and gave us a receipt there and then. Saved us having to worry about whether the cheque had arrived ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Frankly, I'd not be spending time on such an exercise.

The new temporary parent visa is intended to allow those waiting for a CPV to spend time in Australia while awaiting a decision on an offshore application.

Best regards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

Not sure where you are, but when we paid our 2nd Vac in April 2016 we were able to pay the bank cheque via Australia post.  We took the invoice along with the bank draft to the nearest Australia post office and they stamped it and gave us a receipt there and then. Saved us having to worry about whether the cheque had arrived ...

I just dropped the check to lawyer office. They are sending via Australia Post . Actually, I don't know the process well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Frankly, I'd not be spending time on such an exercise.

The new temporary parent visa is intended to allow those waiting for a CPV to spend time in Australia while awaiting a decision on an offshore application.

Best regards.

Oh, I wish I had read your advice sooner. Husband decided to kick the campaign off with his own protest, and chained himself naked to the railings. This really upset one of our neighbours and I had to bring him inside before the police arrived.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Medicals attended yesterday and documents handed in to our lovely new agent @Alan Collett

Signature amended and now a new waiting game begins:)

The medicals were quite painless and all looks OK. We just have to wait for the results of the x-rays and blood tests and no, we didn't have to touch our toes!!

• Like 13

On 7/10/2017 at 23:44, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a news. I got the request for 2nd VAC today.

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date medical examination & police certificates requested: 21-12-16
Date medical examination attended:                                   15-02-17
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17
Date Assurance of Support completed:                               10-04-17
Date 2nd Visa Application Charge paid:                               10-07-17

Thanks all for the support. 

Cheers

Hi All,

Thank you all for the wishes.

As I mentioned earlier, we got 2nd VAC request on 10/07 and I made the payment and post it out on the same day itself.
Today we got the great news, for which we have been waiting for almost 3 years. We got the visa today! (13th July 2017)

We are heading to Melbourne. Cheers!

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier, we got 2nd VAC request on 10/07 and I made the payment and post it out on the same day itself.
Today we got the great news, for which we have been waiting for almost 3 years. We got the visa today! (13th July 2017)

congratulations!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations, fabulous news. Best wishes for your new life!

3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

You lucky lucky devil!! Congratulations.  :):)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations:)

There are a few of us in Melbourne. I'm sure we can arrange something once you are here.

• Like 1

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Fisher1 said:

I hardly dare say this, but since our buyers have contacted us to agree on some items of furniture they wanted to buy ... it looks like our house sale is going through. With all the personal ups and downs, this process began in February 2013 for us. I can't believe we've just ordered a move cube and I'm packing boxes!:D:D:laugh::sad::shocked: ... not quite sure how I feel!

Ha ha....fantastic news. Our journey began June 2013...we went for the 173 and then Nov 2016 the 143 still waiting to hear !!! im at the decluttering stage and then ill be at the dedecluttering stage until we have minimised the things we are def taking.

good luck with it all.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

That's great news Fisher good news at last I hope things go smoothly for you! ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Fantastic news,  end of one era, the start of another! All the very best for your future. ?

Edited by Bev50Bradley
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi All,

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, tabitha10 said:

Ha ha....fantastic news. Our journey began June 2013...we went for the 173 and then Nov 2016 the 143 still waiting to hear !!! im at the decluttering stage and then ill be at the dedecluttering stage until we have minimised the things we are def taking.

good luck with it all.

Hmm, yes, decluttering ... we recouped some of the visa costs on Sunday by making a hundred pounds at a car boot sale!!! I'm currently getting rid of most of the stuff our daughter left in our loft twelve years ago when she went backpacking for a year to Australia ...   I keep finding more things I want to take ... :)

• Like 3