Guest guest36187

17 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Just looking at the Nuffield website.

They are asking £300 per test and then say you can’t know the results ???? (Excuse me, we’re humans, not cattle)

Whoever wrote the rulebook for this visa process must really dislike immigrants.

Oh well it's Friday and nearly wine’o’clock.

The results have to go direct to DIBP, its to avoid them being 'doctored' by the applicant. Its always been that way,even back in the days when there were 40 or 50 places in the UK doing them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Some interesting reading which was posted on another forum.  Lots more figures to conjure with but I don't think it gets us any closer to calculating our timescales.  Have a good weekend everyone!

From the "Report on Migration Programme 2015-16" available at https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf:

"Contributory Parent

The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2015–16 was 7175 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category decreased by 567 applications (or 4.4 per cent) between 30 June 2015 and 30 June 2016. As at 30 June 2016, 29,591 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 16.1 per cent compared to the pipeline as at 30 June 2015."

Other yearly statistics and trends are at: https://www.border.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/live-in-australia/migration-programme

Yes these make interesting reading, particularly the year end pipeline stats:

2009/10 - 10,000

2010/11 - 10,000

2011/12 - 12,000

2012/13 - 12,500

2013/14 - 12,800

2014/15 - 24,287

2015/16 - 29,591

Assuming all these figures are calculated on the same basis, they show an almost doubling of people in the pipeline at the end of June 2015 although thankfully this increase slows down again the following year. This will explain in part the drastic slow down in processing visas whilst this "bulge" is being worked through. It will be interesting to see what the 2016/17 figures show when they are published later on this year. However with just 7,175 places up for grabs each year for PCVs one can speculate that it will take just over 4 years to clear the 2015/16 pipeline, assuming that each entry equates to a visa and no-one drops out. We can only wait and see once things start moving again. I hope I am wrong!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

The results have to go direct to DIBP, its to avoid them being 'doctored' by the applicant. Its always been that way,even back in the days when there were 40 or 50 places in the UK doing them. 

No problem... I get the need to avoid the results being ‘doctored’ by the ‘applicant’, but what if the results show the applicant needs doctoring?

The point I’m making is that we should be able to have all the results ourselves. Imagine if something really nasty shows up on the xray, like you only have 6 weeks to live. What happens next? Do you wait 5 weeks for immi to send you an email?  “We have good news and bad news”

I doubt if holding back your results is ethical or even legal.

Thank you anyway for your contribution and sorry to go off a bit. It’s just this sort of petty, bureaucratic nonsense belongs in the dark-ages.

15 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

No problem... I get the need to avoid the results being ‘doctored’ by the ‘applicant’, but what if the results show the applicant needs doctoring?

The point I’m making is that we should be able to have all the results ourselves. Imagine if something really nasty shows up on the xray, like you only have 6 weeks to live. What happens next? Do you wait 5 weeks for immi to send you an email?  “We have good news and bad news”

Thank you anyway for your contribution and sorry to go off a bit. It’s just this sort of petty, bureaucratic nonsense belongs in the dark-ages.

Years ago when I had my medical I actually asked the doctor,what happens if you find something I should know about? and he said that ethically they are bound to either discuss it with the patient, or contact their GP and get them to discuss it. which makes sense, I can't imagine any doctor worth his salt letting a patient go untreated for a condition they didn't even know about. If you only have weeks to live they will tell you. They still have to send the results to DIBP but they would start treatment or whatever i the meantime. 

I have heard of a couple of people who discovered they had diabetes as a result of the medical as its something they test for. They and their GPs were made aware and they were already on the right medication before DIBP granted the visas :) 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

If my memory serves me right, I believe you have to sign a consent to information being relayed to your doctor if necessary.  

44 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Yes these make interesting reading, particularly the year end pipeline stats:

2009/10 - 10,000

2010/11 - 10,000

2011/12 - 12,000

2012/13 - 12,500

2013/14 - 12,800

2014/15 - 24,287

2015/16 - 29,591

Assuming all these figures are calculated on the same basis, they show an almost doubling of people in the pipeline at the end of June 2015 although thankfully this increase slows down again the following year. This will explain in part the drastic slow down in processing visas whilst this "bulge" is being worked through. It will be interesting to see what the 2016/17 figures show when they are published later on this year. However with just 7,175 places up for grabs each year for PCVs one can speculate that it will take just over 4 years to clear the 2015/16 pipeline, assuming that each entry equates to a visa and no-one drops out. We can only wait and see once things start moving again. I hope I am wrong!

That’s a good analysis of this data.

If you drill down a little more you can see total new applicants for each year

2014/15 – 13,453 new cpv applications

2015/16 – 12.886 new cpv applications

So the queue is growing approximately 1.75 times faster than the speed of processing.

Also there looks to be 407 applicants who dropped out (or failed in someway) in the year 2014/15 – or 5.7%.

So if you project this forward, as you rightly say, it will take until May 2020 to process everyone with a lodgement date before June 2016.

With our own lodgement date of April 2016, we can expect to wait until April 2020 (4 years, which is roughly the same as the current ‘Global Processing’ estimate).     

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi Susie

i had my medical at Bupa in Melbourne, the Doctor there gave me a written referral to my GP as my blood pressure was slightly elevated, said I must have it rechecked within 30 days, she also stated that it would not affect the results and that all was Ok so far just waiting the results of blood,urine tests which would be a further 48hrs. Although they cannot give you the paperwork they have to tell you if they have found something wrong. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Julie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

If my memory serves me right, I believe you have to sign a consent to information being relayed to your doctor if necessary.  

That makes more sense, but it still makes my blood boil. (Anyway I’m not sure if I may be an alcoholic by then, given the speed of processing)  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

I think you're right. I know I had a discussion with the guy doing my medical and he said if they found anything (I was actually concerned about diabetes at the time) then he would ring and write to my GP at once.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

That makes more sense, but it still makes my blood boil. (Anyway I’m not sure if I may be an alcoholic by then, given the speed of processing)  

They don't test for that! Just as well, considering the stress DIBP have put my and my OH through over the last year or so. We have resorted to the bottle more than once!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Susie

i had my medical at Bupa in Melbourne, the Doctor there gave me a written referral to my GP as my blood pressure was slightly elevated, said I must have it rechecked within 30 days, she also stated that it would not affect the results and that all was Ok so far just waiting the results of blood,urine tests which would be a further 48hrs. Although they cannot give you the paperwork they have to tell you if they have found something wrong. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Julie

Thanks Julie, sounds like we should all have medicals in Melbourne. Would you mind me asking the cost in Australia for the medical?

Also, I hope you are a little warmer this weekend and I trust all is going well with your building project. This is something my husband is very keen to do, so please keep us posted.

46 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

They don't test for that! Just as well, considering the stress DIBP have put my and my OH through over the last year or so. We have resorted to the bottle more than once!!

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with DIBP.

I see your ‘forum status’ is showing as ‘retired’, I have no idea what that means in forum terms. I am guessing you’ve been posting for some time, then ceased.

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you up to in the visa process?

6 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Some interesting reading which was posted on another forum.  Lots more figures to conjure with but I don't think it gets us any closer to calculating our timescales.  Have a good weekend everyone!

From the "Report on Migration Programme 2015-16" available at https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/statistics/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf:

"Contributory Parent

The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2015–16 was 7175 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category decreased by 567 applications (or 4.4 per cent) between 30 June 2015 and 30 June 2016. As at 30 June 2016, 29,591 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 16.1 per cent compared to the pipeline as at 30 June 2015."

Other yearly statistics and trends are at: https://www.border.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/live-in-australia/migration-programme

Just spent an hour looking at all these reports (yes, very sad life) but there is something not quite right.

They quote the number of applicants in the ‘pipeline’ on the 30th June each year, and also the % change from the previous year. But these don’t match (it’s always understated).

So for example, from June 2014 to June 2015 the ‘Pipeline’ increased from 12,800 to 24,287 applicants, but they report an increase of only 17.4% (which is rubbish and it’s really closer to 90%).

They also state, “Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category decreased by 1179 applications (or 9.1 per cent) between 30 June 2014 and 30 June 2015.”  ?????? How is that even conceivable?

Please can anyone help with this? Have I missed something obvious? I don’t mind being made to look a little stupid, if it helps.

8 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thanks Julie, sounds like we should all have medicals in Melbourne. Would you mind me asking the cost in Australia for the medical?

Also, I hope you are a little warmer this weekend and I trust all is going well with your building project. This is something my husband is very keen to do, so please keep us posted.

Hi Susie

347.30 AUD per person. Hmm...... the building project.........we are still waiting for a design, they came up with one design it was lovely but just not right for us or the block of land. It's just like waiting for IMMI all over again. Frustrating, just sick of constantly waiting and waiting and waiting!

we are also in another waiting room but this one is very exciting - first grandchild due 2 Jan!

julie

• Like 4

1 hour ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Susie

347.30 AUD per person. Hmm...... the building project.........we are still waiting for a design, they came up with one design it was lovely but just not right for us or the block of land. It's just like waiting for IMMI all over again. Frustrating, just sick of constantly waiting and waiting and waiting!

we are also in another waiting room but this one is very exciting - first grandchild due 2 Jan!

julie

Congratulations :D That's a lovely waiting room to be in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Sorry to hear you’re having problems with DIBP.

I see your ‘forum status’ is showing as ‘retired’, I have no idea what that means in forum terms. I am guessing you’ve been posting for some time, then ceased.

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you up to in the visa process?

Retired from the visa process, I guess. In a nutshell.......got a visa years ago, got citizenship, fell in love, tried to get my husband a visa, got refused, so we have gone home. 

14 hours ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Susie

julie

Congratulations Julie on the forthcoming addition to your family.

It also sounds very exciting to be designing your new home. Just let me know if you would like to swap waiting rooms.

Are you planning for the open plan, outdoor living style with pool? I can remember seeing some very trendy looking homes down there.

We have always lived in older 'character' properties here, so something modern and compete different is very appealing. I would like to think we are still too young for a bungalow, but having everything on one level would be just fine with me.

I hope you manage to get settled soon, and the experience and insight you bring to this forum is invaluable.

10 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Retired from the visa process, I guess. In a nutshell.......got a visa years ago, got citizenship, fell in love, tried to get my husband a visa, got refused, so we have gone home. 

Wow! That’s some nutshell, more like a shakespearean tragedy.

I am very sorry to hear you have had to move back. Immigration is such an emotive topic and sends most politicians to cover their backs (and other parts). And we all end up with this muddy compromised ‘one size fits all’ rulebook, which can be so unfair.

They say ‘Love conquers all’ and maybe they need to amend that to exclude the DIBP.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a news. I got the request for 2nd VAC today.

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date medical examination & police certificates requested: 21-12-16
Date medical examination attended:                                   15-02-17
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17
Date Assurance of Support completed:                               10-04-17
Date 2nd Visa Application Charge paid:                               10-07-17

Thanks all for the support. 

Cheers

• Like 10

2 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

My timeline is:
Date of visa application:                                                      15-09-14
Date of police clearance certificate:                                     13-04-17

Cheers

Congratulations!  And thank you for the detailed info.  

4 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hi all,

My timeline is:

Cheers

Congratulaions!  we are 7 months behind you so fingers crossed the processing doesn't slow down further.  Enjoy your new life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sharon h said:

If my dad applies for a non contributory parent visa whilst in Australia is there any way he can then stay in the country and access his pension as I believe they can take many years to be granted.

If your dad is 65+ he can apply for the 804 Aged Parent visa while in Australia. He will also be entitled to a bridging visa, which will allow him to stay in Australia while the visa is processed (10 years+).

He will also be able to access his UK pension while in Australia (with some conditions).

There is also the 864 visa, which is much quicker, but costs more.

If I were you, I would try and fund the more expensive 864, as there is some uncertainty as to the future of the 804.

Also I would recommend talking to a good agent like Go Matilda

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sharon h said:

If my dad applies for a non contributory parent visa whilst in Australia is there any way he can then stay in the country and access his pension as I believe they can take many years to be granted.

Does your dad know that his UK state pension will be 'frozen' at the rate payable the day he leaves the UK?  No further cost of living rises are paid after that date, although if he returns to the UK for a holiday, his pension will be paid at the correct rate for UK resdients for the duration of his visit.