Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

We would also like to do same. All advise so far is, you end up at the back of the que (just as starting again) but this is not official. 

So I too would be very interested in any information.

We plan on asking immi directly when we get our case officer assigned.

I don't see why it should make any difference as all the forms and processes are the same. It's just the staged 2nd vac payment and the Aos

The good news is the 173 to 143 is normally completed in six months.

*cough*....we applied for our 143, after having had our 173 granted 2015, in November 2016.... not heard a sausage !

• Like 1

I've just had a quick look at the processing times.  Hard to believe that the Aged Parent Contributory visas are now no longer available due to low volume!  This is a change since last month when I was thinking that we should have gone down that route from the get-go as we would have had our visas ages ago!

864 Contributory Aged-Parent (Residence)   Unavailable due to low volume of applications. Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
884 Contributory Aged-Parent (Temporary)   Unavailable due to low volume of applications. Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
  • Like 1

I am finding it difficult to understand the difference in processing times of the 143 and 173 which was published recently.

143 Contributory Parent (Migrant)   35 Months 39 Months
173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)   41 Months

45 Months

If the total Number of 143/173  visas for a year is 7175, then shoudn't they report both visa types together since it is processed in date order? Or are they having seperate Numbers allocated for 173 and 143 out of the 7175? I am totally confused. I'm sure you guys understand the situation better and could enlight me. 

There are some Oct 2014 parents who have already got case offices this month ( accoding to a south african forum). So are these figures for the NEW applicants , though the DIBP site says current levels ??

Edited by Bear2015
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

I am finding it difficult to understand the difference in processing times of the 143 and 173 which was published recently.

45 Months

If the total Number of 143/173  visas for a year is 7175, then shoudn't they report both visa types together since it is processed in date order? Or are they having seperate Numbers allocated for 173 and 143 out of the 7175? I am totally confused. I'm sure you guys understand the situation better and could enlight me. 

There are some Oct 2014 parents who have already got case offices this month ( accoding to a south african forum). So are these figures for the NEW applicants , though the DIBP site says current levels ??

I for one am definitely hoping it is for new applicants! BUT! with this new temp parent visa coming in who knows! :S

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

I've just had a quick look at the processing times.  Hard to believe that the Aged Parent Contributory visas are now no longer available due to low volume!  This is a change since last month when I was thinking that we should have gone down that route from the get-go as we would have had our visas ages ago!

864 Contributory Aged-Parent (Residence)   Unavailable due to low volume of applications. Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
884 Contributory Aged-Parent (Temporary)   Unavailable due to low volume of applications. Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Has anyone changed from the 143 to the 864 contributory aged-parent? If so could they post how they did this and if time in the queue was taken into account,  as we now qualify for this visa and were looking at our  options. Have to sell the house first and as we live in Spain it's a bit slow. We are 18 months in the queue at the moment.  All  info gratefully received.

17 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Hi the reason a lot of us didn't go down the 864 route at the time of applying is that you have to be living in Australia before applying - hindsight is a wondeful thing, had we known how long the wait would be for the 143 we may have done things differently.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tabitha10 said:

im sorry didnt mean to turn you to the wine !!!

Just a thought.

The 173 visa give us a two year temp residency. And we then have to upgrade to permanent 143 or leave.

What happens if we apply for the 143 but our two years expires before it is processed?

Do you automatically get a bridging visa?

11 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

45 Months

Has anyone heard if immi are now allowing 'non-contribution' visa applicants to switch to the CPV queue, without having to go to the back?

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Has anyone heard if immi are now allowing 'non-contribution' visa applicants to switch to the CPV queue, without having to go to the back?

I hope that doesn't happen too much - if at all.  It would certainly make the waiting time for all of us who had applied for 143/173 straight off a lot longer.   I do feel sorry for anyone who may have been preparing to applied on shore for an aged parent visa only for it to be scrapped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

I hope that doesn't happen too much - if at all.  It would certainly make the waiting time for all of us who had applied for 143/173 straight off a lot longer.   I do feel sorry for anyone who may have been preparing to applied on shore for an aged parent visa only for it to be scrapped.

Very well put, we’re all parents and grandparents with a common goal, regardless of which type of visa we have applied for.

I think I can get so caught up in my own worries, it's easy to forget, by having the ability to pay for our visas, we are really the ones jumping the queue.

I just wish immi would be a little bit more transparent when adding a year onto the waiting times.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 3

On 16/06/2017 at 08:32, Catlady2014 said:

Totally agree.  My agent tells me they have quite a few others at the exact same stage as me, still waiting to be asked for the second vac.  So at least I know it's not just my application that's stuck.  But I still send regular emails to the agent to check.  

Tried talked no to our agent who insists we just have to wait. Nothing at all they can do!. I am going to email immigration to see if they will divulge any information that might give us a clue when we might progress, anyone else emailed them? Can anyone advise on best email to contact them on? 

5 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

From my understanding it does happen. People have said on this forum that time spent on the non contribution visa is taken into account and many just get the visa straight away. Doesn't seem right to me, if you choose that path surely you wait or change to s new path 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gafuk said:

Tried talked no to our agent who insists we just have to wait. Nothing at all they can do!. I am going to email immigration to see if they will divulge any information that might give us a clue when we might progress, anyone else emailed them? Can anyone advise on best email to contact them on? 

For your info, the Parent Visa Centre should only communicate with your agent.

Indeed, if your visa application is progressing at the same rate as others lodged around the same time I'm not sure what you will be enquiring about.

Indicative visa processing times are already provided on the Department of Immigration website, as referenced above.

Best regards,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

This has been the case for as long as I can remember - ie since Contributory Parent visa applications were first introuduced: under a Ministerial Direction subclass 103 visa applicants who switch to a subclass 143 application will have the processing time for the 103 factored into the timeline for the 143, so will jump ahead of 143 visa applicants, and if the 103 application was lodged before the current allocation date for 143 applications their application will be expedited to a decision.

I know this is a practical problem for the PVC, but they are required to adhere to the Direction - anyone who has an issue with this procedure should take their concerns to the Minister, not to the PVC.

Best regards.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Just a thought.

The 173 visa give us a two year temp residency. And we then have to upgrade to permanent 143 or leave.

What happens if we apply for the 143 but our two years expires before it is processed?

Do you automatically get a bridging visa?

Yes, onshore applicants for a 143 visa who already have a 173 visa are granted a BV on lodgment of the permanent residency visa application.

Best regards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

This has been the case for as long as I can remember - ie since Contributory Parent visa applications were first introuduced: under a Ministerial Direction subclass 103 visa applicants who switch to a subclass 143 application will have the processing time for the 103 factored into the timeline for the 143, so will jump ahead of 143 visa applicants, and if the 103 application was lodged before the current allocation date for 143 applications their application will be expedited to a decision.

I know this is a practical problem for the PVC, but they are required to adhere to the Direction - anyone who has an issue with this procedure should take their concerns to the Minister, not to the PVC.

Best regards.

@Alan Collett

So, hypothetically, if all the applicants for a particular class of visa switched to a 143 - would this then create a bottleneck in the 143 class because the quota of visas for their original application class stays in that class and would never be used up, while the quota for the 143 also stays at the same level and has to cover all the "new" applicants as well as those already waiting?  

5 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

@Alan Collett

So, hypothetically, if all the applicants for a particular class of visa switched to a 143 - would this then create a bottleneck in the 143 class because the quota of visas for their original application class stays in that class and would never be used up, while the quota for the 143 also stays at the same level and has to cover all the "new" applicants as well as those already waiting?  

I believe so, yes - given the 103 cohort that transfers to 143 applications predates the allocation date for the 143 applications..

Best regards.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I believe so, yes - given the 103 cohort that transfers to 143 applications predates the allocation date for the 143 applications..

Best regards.

Thank you, Alan, this explains the delay!  Frustrating as it is, it's still useful to get an inkling as to why processing and visa  grants have slowed to a trickle.  

Just now, Catlady2014 said:

Thank you, Alan, this explains the delay!  Frustrating as it is, it's still useful to get an inkling as to why processing and visa  grants have slowed to a trickle.  

I wouldn't say this wholly explains the extended processing timelines for Contributory Parent visa applications, but I know it is a factor for the PVC as they try to manage applicant expectations and the visa caseload.

Best regards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

For your info, the Parent Visa Centre should only communicate with your agent.

Indeed, if your visa application is progressing at the same rate as others lodged around the same time I'm not sure what you will be enquiring about.

Indicative visa processing times are already provided on the Department of Immigration website, as referenced above.

Best regards,

Thanks Alan, Yes we are where we are in the queue but the projected processing times have gone from 36 to 39 months (90%). The question is with a late Dec 2014 lodgement are we now talking Feb/March 2018  (39 months) before we hear anything and the ball starts rolling?. Thats a big difference in our houses sale plans. Just anxious and frustrated ( like others I'm sure).

Incidently. do you know if the 39 months Immi refer to is start or completed by date please ?.

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

I wouldn't say this wholly explains the extended processing timelines for Contributory Parent visa applications, but I know it is a factor for the PVC as they try to manage applicant expectations and the visa caseload.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

From your experience, Do you know if there is a separate allocation for 143 and 173 applications out of the 7150 places? I thought both were processed together according to date order.

Cheers

Edited by Bear2015