Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, Suzyq said:

I wonder how the immigration people make their decision as to what conditions they apply to each 600?!?!

This is the wording of my response regarding the conditions applied:

""Dear Sirs, 

I understand the following Conditions and agree :

Condition 8558 - I must not spend more than 12 months in Australia in any 18-month period;

Condition 8501 – I must maintain private health insurance whilst I am onshore;and

Condition 8503 – I must not lodge any further visa applications whilst I am onshore;

I have quotations from various Health Insurance providers and will activate this as soon as my travel arrangements have been secured.""

This is a 3 year visa, so I doubt I can reapply for another until those 3 years have elapsed. If anyone knows anything different please let me know! My current plan is to return to UK for 3 months every year, which is a lot and very inconvenient! But we can't think of any other way around it!

Bry45, what conditions did you have attached to your 600?

Hi Suzyq

Our 600's state: -

Visa Conditions - 8101 - NO WORK

8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

• Like 1

Hi Suzyq
Our 600's state: -
Visa Conditions - 8101 - NO WORK
                            8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

As my Mother would have said " Ditto Ditto" same for us, 8101 & 8201.

I've been reading tonight about a visa extension on the 600 and I know that others have mentioned that. All in all I wish it was a little more transparent but hey ho it is what it is. As always the more we all post the greater the knowledge.

Bridgie

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 2

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the IMMI Visa Application Processing Times, updated today state:

75%                90%

143 Contributory Parent (Migrant)        35 Months       39 Months
173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)        41 Months       45 Months
864 Contributory Aged-Parent (Residence)        Unavailable due to low volume of applications.  

In the 19 months since we have been in the queue, the queue length has extended by 20 months so we are no nearer than when we applied, in fact we are 1 month further away! The prospect of a visa feels a bit like an oasis in the desert and about as real at the moment!

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the IMMI Visa Application Processing Times, updated today state:

75%                90%

143 Contributory Parent (Migrant)        35 Months       39 Months
173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)        41 Months       45 Months
864 Contributory Aged-Parent (Residence)        Unavailable due to low volume of applications.  

In the 19 months since we have been in the queue, the queue length has extended by 20 months so we are no nearer than when we applied, in fact we are 1 month further away! The prospect of a visa feels a bit like an oasis in the desert and about as real at the moment!

41/45 months for 173 visas - f&*%!!!! we are also further away that we were at the start.

Is there any chance these are just the times for anyone applying now? and is due to all the new applicants since Bexit.

I've had to edit this now 3 times, I'm shaking as I type!

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

Hi all

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion between us all regarding who gets what conditions applied to their 600. So before I applied for ours and knowing we ideally wanted visa's without a no further stay condition, I did allot of reading before I applied to see how best to go about it to give us the best shot. For the benefit of others who are thinking of, or are about to apply, this is what I did for ours.

Firstly, I found out that there are differing types of the 600 visa, 3 of which come with a mandatory 8503 condition (below) 

Condition 8503 is a mandatory condition on the following visas:

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Sponsored Family stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Approved Destination stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) if sponsorship has been imposed on it

I then found that there was a fourth option, 

Condition 8503 is discretionary on the following visa

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourism/visit family or friends)

I therefore chose this option when filling out the application via our immi account. Luckily for us, the 8503 was not imposed. Having done some further reading, we can apply to extend whilst onshore. At the time of applying, we had hoped to have our 143's by the end of  our 12 months, but reading Wishfull's latest post stating the 143 queue is now at 39 months, it looks like applying for an extension will be inevitable.

Hope this is helpful 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

41/45 months for 173 visas - f&*%!!!! we are also further away that we were at the start.

Is there any chance these are just the times for anyone applying now? and is due to all the new applicants since Bexit.

I've had to edit this now 3 times, I'm shaking as I type!

We applied Aug 2015 thinking 18 month wait - not bad! But now this has more than doubled...we've stayed where we work, extending it each time the timeline has changed, and boss has been happy with this but don't know if we can work and wait over another year as it's so depressing.  Our daughter gets married next year and we hoped to be there to help but looks like it'll have to be another holiday!!!!  Getting SO FED UP!

Edited by Rosiejaq
  • Like 1

This is such bad reading....I hope the 39 months is applied to new applicants. Our 143 was lodged in Dec 2014 and were hoping we were now on the downhill run. If we now go towards Feb 2018 I think our dream will end and we will have to pull out. I am really not happy about the way applicants are treated. Even the IMMI Parent website is not sending back an auto receipt message.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

594141572241b_Screenshot2017-06-1414_36_08.thumb.png.ddeee8c8f921b2f373b9b020c16677a8.png

Ok I’ve calmed down a bit and started to apply a little left brain thinking.

The 143/173 queues have lengthened by about one year since last months data from immi.

There can only be two logical reasons for this. (1) The processing speed has changed, and we know this is still set at 7175 people per year.  Or (2) the queue just got longer.

So it looks like 7000+ new applications in the last month, wow!

This is horrible for those who has just applied, but hopefully everyone else should still be in the 30/34 month window.

I know Alan Collet recently mentioned an increase in applications due to fears of price rises for CPVs. And I guess disappointments with the ‘new parent visa’ have also contributed to this unprecedented increase. (and of course Brexit).

Right, I’m off to buy a lot more wine!

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 4

This is depressing and I cannot even apply for mine for 18 mths......what will it be like then??   I think my best option will be 6 months there 6 months back in UK or travelling.  Can you do that or is there restrictions on how may times you can apply for a normal visiting visa?

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

594141572241b_Screenshot2017-06-1414_36_08.thumb.png.ddeee8c8f921b2f373b9b020c16677a8.png

The 143/173 queues have lengthened by about one year since last months data from immi.

There can only be two logical reasons for this. (1) The processing speed has changed, and we know this is still set at 7175 people per year.  Or (2) the queue just got longer.

This is horrible for those who has just applied, but hopefully everyone else should still be in the 30/34 month window.

I know Alan Collet recently mentioned an increase in applications due to fears of price rises for CPVs. And I guess disappointments with the ‘new parent visa’ have also contributed to this unprecedented increase. (and of course Brexit).

Hopefully they have revised this due to last lot of extra applicants. However, when the new parent visa starts in Nov, will it take away staff processing our applications to theirs! This is so disheartening! People's lives are seriously being messed about with! ?And yes I'm on the Pimms!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, clarkesville1 said:

This is depressing and I cannot even apply for mine for 18 mths......what will it be like then??   I think my best option will be 6 months there 6 months back in UK or travelling.  Can you do that or is there restrictions on how may times you can apply for a normal visiting visa?

I am very sorry to hear how this will affect you.

It makes me feel guilty for taking comfort in thinking I wouldn’t be affected personally.

We all have to keep strong and just keep telling ourselves that there will be a time when this is all a distant memory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clarkesville1 said:

On a normal tourist visa it's only 3 mths in a 12mth period, so think you would have to do a 600 one 

Edited by Kathss56

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

I am very sorry to hear how this will affect you.

It makes me feel guilty for taking comfort in thinking I wouldn’t be affected personally.

We all have to keep strong and just keep telling ourselves that there will be a time when this is all a distant memory.

Perhaps the revised timing is also due to them cutting the processing staff by 355 and we don't know what percentage this is, hopefully we might get a bit better indication from 1st July (their new financial year) when we can see how many get processed each month. Here's hoping it is not as bad as we fear. Sue

• Like 2

9 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

Maybe look at the new temporary parent visa when it becomes available later this year?

Best regards.

9 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

It being the end of the program year I think we can reasonably assume that the rate of granting applications has reduced to a crawl, as almost always happens when the various offices are seeking to manage the number of grants to come in as per the Minister's numbers for 2016/17 announced last year.

The rate at which visas are granted tends to pick up again in July and August, once we get into a new program year.

All this said, in the absence of an increased parent visa quota - and this isn't on the agenda for any time soon - I believe expectations should be for a continued increase in the processing times for parent visa applications.

Hence the new temporary parent visa subclass that is scheduled for introduction later this year will have a role to play, to allow parent visa applicants to spend time in Australia while their permanent residency visa application is awaiting processing.

Best regards.

16 hours ago, bry45 said:

Hi all

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion between us all regarding who gets what conditions applied to their 600. So before I applied for ours and knowing we ideally wanted visa's without a no further stay condition, I did allot of reading before I applied to see how best to go about it to give us the best shot. For the benefit of others who are thinking of, or are about to apply, this is what I did for ours.

Firstly, I found out that there are differing types of the 600 visa, 3 of which come with a mandatory 8503 condition (below) 

Condition 8503 is a mandatory condition on the following visas:

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Sponsored Family stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Approved Destination stream)
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourist stream) if sponsorship has been imposed on it

I then found that there was a fourth option, 

Condition 8503 is discretionary on the following visa

• Visitor visa (subclass 600) (Tourism/visit family or friends)

I therefore chose this option when filling out the application via our immi account. Luckily for us, the 8503 was not imposed. Having done some further reading, we can apply to extend whilst onshore. At the time of applying, we had hoped to have our 143's by the end of  our 12 months, but reading Wishfull's latest post stating the 143 queue is now at 39 months, it looks like applying for an extension will be inevitable.

Hope this is helpful 

Thank you the information on the different 600 visas, is very interesting for all of us in the queue that might have to go down that route now that we can no longer see the light at the end ofvthe tunnel! 

• Like 2

Thank you the information on the different 600 visas, is very interesting for all of us in the queue that might have to go down that route now that we can no longer see the light at the end ofvthe tunnel! 

Yep, well I also selected the Tourist/Visit family stream but ended up with 5 conditions applied:

No further stay

Provision of private health

No work

Limited Study

To only remain in Aus for 12 months in any 18 month period.

I would like to know why different migration officers apply different conditions? I also wonder why they make things so difficult especially when we tell them that a 143 is in the pipeline. They must surely be able to see how far down the list people are and make sensible judgement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

On a normal tourist visa it's only 3 mths in a 12mth period, so think you would have to do a 600 one 

Alternatively there is the visitor subclass 651 which is free and allows multiple entries for a 12 month period, albeit there is a max 3 month stay from the date of each arrival  

25 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

Yep, well I also selected the Tourist/Visit family stream but ended up with 5 conditions applied:

No further stay

Provision of private health

No work

Limited Study

To only remain in Aus for 12 months in any 18 month period.

I would like to know why different migration officers apply different conditions? I also wonder why they make things so difficult especially when we tell them that a 143 is in the pipeline. They must surely be able to see how far down the list people are and make sensible judgement.

There are many aspects they consider before making their decisions, travel history being one of them and we must remember they don't know us from Adam. I could be wrong, but I think the fact that our immi account showed we have been on 4 previous occasions over the last 5 years without breaking our visa conditions helped us. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bry45 said:

There are many aspects they consider before making their decisions, travel history being one of them and we must remember they don't know us from Adam. I could be wrong, but I think the fact that our immi account showed we have been on 4 previous occasions over the last 5 years without breaking our visa conditions helped us. 

My son works with a diverse group of fellow immigrants in Australia and is convinced visas are handled very differently depending on individual backgrounds and possibly nationality.

There seems to be a problem with ‘overstay’ on tourist visas and I can only assume this risk is carefully considered, particularly on all 600 visas. This may explain the inconstancy in conditions applied to these visas.

There is a requirement to prove applicants are genuine tourist and intend to return their homes at the end of the visa. It is worth remembering Australia is no light-touch when it comes to enforcing border control.

I am no expert, but I would be concerned for anyone selling up here and having no uk address etc. if they plan on renewing their 600s for a second time in the future.

I am sorry if this make me sound like the visa police, but I fully understand how all the delays and uncertainty for CPVs is making us all desperate to find ways to get to Australia sooner.

I know we have read accounts of fellow CPVers successfully using 600 visas, but these have only been for short periods. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Would it not be better to use the ‘new parent visa’ instead of 600, while waiting for a 143? What are the disadvantages?

Please feel free to criticise this post (I will not be offended). After the shock of yesterdays processing time news. We too, are now considering our options for expediting our move, and it would be valuable to understand all the pros and cons.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

My son works with a diverse group of fellow immigrants in Australia and is convinced visas are handled very differently depending on individual backgrounds and possibly nationality.

There seems to be a problem with ‘overstay’ on tourist visas and I can only assume this risk is carefully considered, particularly on all 600 visas. This may explain the inconstancy in conditions applied to these visas.

There is a requirement to prove applicants are genuine tourist and intend to return their homes at the end of the visa. It is worth remembering Australia is no light-touch when it comes to enforcing border control.

I am no expert, but I would be concerned for anyone selling up here and having no uk address etc. if they plan on renewing their 600s for a second time in the future.

I am sorry if this make me sound like the visa police, but I fully understand how all the delays and uncertainty for CPVs is making us all desperate to find ways to get to Australia sooner.

I know we have read accounts of fellow CPVers successfully using 600 visas, but these have only been for short periods. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Would it not be better to use the ‘new parent visa’ instead of 600, while waiting for a 143? What are the disadvantages?

Please feel free to criticise this post (I will not be offended). After the shock of yesterdays processing time news. We too, are now considering our options for expediting our move, and it would be valuable to understand all the pros and cons.

All I can see is just the cost of $5k for 3yrs by the looks of it! But weigh that up against renewing the 600 visa  and popping in and out of Oz etc.,

Also private health insurance may be more expensive too on this new visa. 

I am hoping to go on a 600 if need be, but time it so that I don't need longer than the 12mths expiry date !

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

Not much difference for us either. 2 X E- visas and a 6 months 600 visa before our current one. All correctly applied and obeyed.

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

All I can see is just the cost of $5k for 3yrs by the looks of it! But weigh that up against renewing the 600 visa  and popping in and out of Oz etc.,

Also private health insurance may be more expensive too on this new visa. 

I am hoping to go on a 600 if need be, but time it so that I don't need longer than the 12mths expiry date !

$5k is a big disadvantage!

And I think you are right to consider a 600, if it’s just for a few months.

Unfortunately, I’m probably too cautious by nature, I keep thinking - if something can go wrong, it may cost a lot more in time and emotional hassle.

The one standout thing I have learned in the last couple of years, while engaging in the Australian visa system is – Don’t’ take anything for granted. Nothing is fixed in stone and what is ‘normal’ today can change very quickly.

I had originally assumed that parent visas were sedentary and would stay the same, year after year. I had no idea how fluid and precarious the whole thing is. It feels like one of those films where someone is trying to slide under a door as it closes.

When I hear stories about ‘Ten Pound Pom’ tickets, I think how fortunate they were back then. I just can’t help thinking, even with the current cost in time and money, we may also be considered ‘jammy’ by future generations.

No wonder they call it “The Lucky Country”

• Like 3