Guest guest36187

19 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi Alan, presumably you have bought and insured a car since you moved out to Oz. Was your 'no claims bonus' from UK recognised?

Regards Geoff & Gill

Hi both,

Are you as stressed as I am...............?

:arghh::jiggy::err::chatterbox:

• Like 1

Hi Geoff and Gill

we brought all our no claims evidence with us and insured our car via our banks insurance company . We were asked if we had full no claims bonus and they said fine the insurance company may ask for proof but usually they don't. We were not asked for any evidence!

we are finding that the most frustrating thing about emigrating is the time it takes to get the tax situation sorted with HMRC, it's just soooooo slow. Claiming Uk pension and getting it paid into Oz bank account couldn't have been easier, plus the rate of exchange given on state pension has exceeded anything we could have got ourselves. 

glad we took the plunge and changed our money as our unit that we are living in plus our block of land have appreciated in value already. We are hoping to get our house design next week so looking forward to that.

we had been feeling somewhat isolated in the community but have recently joined a classic car club, U3A and Probus and now there are not enough days in the week to do everything. 

Good luck with everything and don't forget to catch up for that drink on South Bank!

• Like 7

I have some real estate questions for the 'visa granted brigade'.

When we eventually have our visas, we plan on renting for while to try out the area before we commit to buy.

I have read that the rental market can be very competitive for good properties, with limited time to commit and often with a number of hopefuls vying for the same property. Do we need to produce documents of some sort at the time of viewing? We have been lucky enough to have not rented in the uk ever. So we don't have any rental history or references, which our son says we will be asked for. Any advice on what to expect? and what type of documentation should we be starting to accumulate before we move?

We have two small dogs, and wondered how much they would affect a rental decision.

Also, I have read that estate agent's photos are often a few years old, and very different from the current condition. Is this true? We have seen wonderful looking house on the internet, but they do often look more 'staged' than you would expect to see in the uk.

Hearing of your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

9 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I have some real estate questions for the 'visa granted brigade'.

When we eventually have our visas, we plan on renting for while to try out the area before we commit to buy.

I have read that the rental market can be very competitive for good properties, with limited time to commit and often with a number of hopefuls vying for the same property. Do we need to produce documents of some sort at the time of viewing? We have been lucky enough to have not rented in the uk ever. So we don't have any rental history or references, which our son says we will be asked for. Any advice on what to expect? and what type of documentation should we be starting to accumulate before we move?

We have two small dogs, and wondered how much they would affect a rental decision.

Also, I have read that estate agent's photos are often a few years old, and very different from the current condition. Is this true? We have seen wonderful looking house on the internet, but they do often look more 'staged' than you would expect to see in the uk.

Hearing of your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Susie, we did look at renting (in the Brisbane area) and it pretty much is 'yes to all of the above.  We had no rental history either.  You will have a whole bunch of forms to complete which gives you a chance to explain that.  You also have to detail your income revenue, or how you will be able to meet the rent.  Your completed forms are sent to the home owner who will decide on who will be accepted.

Our experience is that there is a big demand for rental properties, and when you go to an open viewing there are generally quite a few other viewers.  Having said that apparently it is easier from February for a couple of months (but by then we had decided to house-sit instead.  The dogs won't be a problem, in as much as properties descriptions will state if pets are allowed (some may stipulate that they should not be in the house).  Finally, when you get to the house often they bear little resemblance to the photos (this is same buying properties as well).  Mostly they are out of date, with furniture photoshopped in, and the room sizes and decor are not quite what they seem.

Although this all seems quite negative this is just our 'take' on it, so good luck with your property hunt.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi Alan, presumably you have bought and insured a car since you moved out to Oz. Was your 'no claims bonus' from UK recognised?

Regards Geoff & Gill

Yes, no issues at all experienced when we insured our cars.

• Like 1

Hi Bri45, I still haven't heard anything from my agent other than when I was asked to sign and return my agreement to the terms of the visa but we don't fly to Aus until 27th so perhaps it won't get granted til closer to that date. I will chase later today though, just in case something has gone awry.

I am still a tad worried about the interpretation of the "12 months stay in every 18 months" statement, but whatever the outcome, I will work around it. I wonder who can formally explain that?!

10 hours ago, Chrisanddeb1 said:

Hi Susie, we did look at renting (in the Brisbane area) and it pretty much is 'yes to all of the above.  We had no rental history either.  You will have a whole bunch of forms to complete which gives you a chance to explain that.  You also have to detail your income revenue, or how you will be able to meet the rent.  Your completed forms are sent to the home owner who will decide on who will be accepted.

Our experience is that there is a big demand for rental properties, and when you go to an open viewing there are generally quite a few other viewers.  Having said that apparently it is easier from February for a couple of months (but by then we had decided to house-sit instead.  The dogs won't be a problem, in as much as properties descriptions will state if pets are allowed (some may stipulate that they should not be in the house).  Finally, when you get to the house often they bear little resemblance to the photos (this is same buying properties as well).  Mostly they are out of date, with furniture photoshopped in, and the room sizes and decor are not quite what they seem.

Although this all seems quite negative this is just our 'take' on it, so good luck with your property hunt.

My daughter and family are renting in Mount Eliza Victoria.   They found it hard from the UK to find something, so they got their relocation agent to do it for them.  They looked online and sent her details, she viewed them, then she found one for them, did the paperwork, references spoke to the agents on their behalf and then secured the property for them to move right into.   They were brilliant actually.  They only moved over at the end of May and are really settled in a lovely house near the school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Hi Bri45, I still haven't heard anything from my agent other than when I was asked to sign and return my agreement to the terms of the visa but we don't fly to Aus until 27th so perhaps it won't get granted til closer to that date. I will chase later today though, just in case something has gone awry.

I am still a tad worried about the interpretation of the "12 months stay in every 18 months" statement, but whatever the outcome, I will work around it. I wonder who can formally explain that?!

Hi Suzyq

I applied for our 600's on line via my immi account, took about an hour an half to fill in. It was immediately acknowledged and issued within a week. It maybe taking longer because you are using an agent, but hang in there, I;m sure it will come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bry45 said:

Hi Suzyq

I applied for our 600's on line via my immi account, took about an hour an half to fill in. It was immediately acknowledged and issued within a week. It maybe taking longer because you are using an agent, but hang in there, I;m sure it will come.

3 hours ago, bry45 said:

Hi Suzyq

Hi, we too did it online and it only took a few days, I would check with your agent.

• Like 1

I was just reading on the website about this new temporary Visa that you can stay in Oz for upto 3 or 5 years.   Its not available I think till the end of the year.   If I'm reading this correctly, my daughter would have to sponsor me and apply for it but they have to be resident for 4 years unlike the 143 where they have to be resident for 2 years and then I will have to wait years to get that.   Its making me a little depressed to think I will miss out on their lives for all those years.   There is no quick fix.   I will just have to do months at a time and travel back to the empty UK, as my family are in Oz!!

1 hour ago, clarkesville1 said:

I was just reading on the website about this new temporary Visa that you can stay in Oz for upto 3 or 5 years.   Its not available I think till the end of the year.   If I'm reading this correctly, my daughter would have to sponsor me and apply for it but they have to be resident for 4 years unlike the 143 where they have to be resident for 2 years and then I will have to wait years to get that.   Its making me a little depressed to think I will miss out on their lives for all those years.   There is no quick fix.   I will just have to do months at a time and travel back to the empty UK, as my family are in Oz!!

Yes it is 4yrs. Like many of us it will probably be a 600 visa if and when needed / limbo land ? Can you not just pop out of Oz and then back again for another 12mths on the 600? A lot are doing it that way as the have no home in the UK

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, clarkesville1 said:

Hi, I feel your frustration and pain, we too have missed so much of our only grandsons young childhood and now another is on the way and as we are 26 months in the queue we are going to go for 12 months on the 600 visa as our help is needed.We have no close family left in the uk.  The concerning thing is the processing time keeps getting longer and longer and we went for the 143 thinking it was the quick route! It is going to cost us more in storage in uk etc., but our life is ticking away in this waiting room so I would seriously consider it if you are retired - you can't work on the 600.

Having sold our house we were really hoping the £ would be stronger today so not a happy bunny with news!

Good luck and plan ahead visits so you have something to look forward to, as you say there is no quick fix!

• Like 3

Just now, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi, I feel your frustration and pain, we too have missed so much of our only grandsons young childhood and now another is on the way and as we are 26 months in the queue we are going to go for 12 months on the 600 visa as our help is needed.We have no close family left in the uk.  The concerning thing is the processing time keeps getting longer and longer and we went for the 143 thinking it was the quick route! It is going to cost us more in storage in uk etc., but our life is ticking away in this waiting room so I would seriously consider it if you are retired - you can't work on the 600.

Having sold our house we were really hoping the £ would be stronger today so not a happy bunny with news!

Good luck and plan ahead visits so you have something to look forward to, as you say there is no quick fix!

Thank you.  It looks like we will be doing the 600 for 12 months at a time.  How long do you have to leave the country for before applying for another 600?  We were thinking that if we had no one to really come home for we could visit another country and get a visa from that location back again.   I need to speak to an agent and find out.  I get very confused with all the jargen on the websites.   The £ is a disaster today but hopefully it will recover, my daughter used torfx for their money transfer who were good and got good rates for them.   We don't have to work, thank goodness, but I want to buy a property out there and have my grandsons with me, one is 5 and the other 1 year this week.  We are going out in September for a month and they are here for Xmas.   They have only just gone to Oz in May so its early days yet for us, but heart renching.

Hi again Clarkesville, it must be even more difficult if your grandchildren were in the uk with you, our grandson was born in Oz.

I would definitely speak to your agent re the 600,  I think if you leave by say 11 months and then re enter before the date on your visa expires it renews for up to another 12 months. I don't know however if they take into consideration how long you have been waiting for a 143. I don't think you can renew it beyond two years. Ours has a multi entry facility allowing us to leave and go back as needed within the time frame. You do need Bupa or equivalent healthcare and can't buy property although I believe you may be able to buy a new build project or a block of land. I think others on this site have done this.  It is a risk as there is no guarantee as we all have to pass medicals which hopefully won't be a problem.

On 09/06/2017 at 08:00, Suzyq said:

My take on that is if you don't pop out of Oz before the 12mths is up you then have to wait 6mths to re apply  so leave on 11mths then re apply, have heard it only takes 2-5days to renew?? There was a post a while ago. 

9 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

My take on that is if you don't pop out of Oz before the 12mths is up you then have to wait 6mths to re apply  so leave on 11mths then re apply, have heard it only takes 2-5days to renew?? There was a post a while ago. 

That's exactly what we've decided to do, we too have a multi entry visa valid till 31/5/18 so we're going in Feb, then will leave and return just before May 31st which gives us a further 12 months, if we haven't got our 143 by the end of May 2019, we will apply to extend because we don't have the 8053 no further stay condition on our 600. Or at least that's what I understand we can do according to the immi 600 fact sheet. Whether or not they will take in to account our 143 queue time (which by then will be 36 months) is another matter.

But hey ho, its an adventure, so if we do have to leave for whatever period, we'll consider it part of the adventure. Truth is it will probably be time for a grandma/granddad holiday by then anyway. What will be will be, as long as we keep waking up breathing every day, the rest is a bonus. 

• Like 5

HI guys, 

Can anyone help me with the wait time from 173 to 143, my parents had 173 and within 2 years we applied 143 to be permanent, applied 143 on 13 may 2016, usually wait time is 6 to 8 months, but its been over 1 year now and i cant not find what the current wait time is. Emailed immigration but didn't get any reply. I did send the blank msg to immi and received this -

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 31 August 2016. 

31 aug 2016 didn't change from last 4,5 months. 

Thank you everyone.

On 6/5/2017 at 21:41, Roohi haq said:

Guys I'm a 173 holder . They are processing applications until August 2016. Mine is 16 th July. I wonder what the chances are 

the AOS bond was filed 22/05/2017

my parents are 173 holder, applied 143 may 2016 and still waiting.

35 minutes ago, Nitika said:

HI guys, 

Can anyone help me with the wait time from 173 to 143, my parents had 173 and within 2 years we applied 143 to be permanent, applied 143 on 13 may 2016, usually wait time is 6 to 8 months, but its been over 1 year now and i cant not find what the current wait time is. Emailed immigration but didn't get any reply. I did send the blank msg to immi and received this -

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 31 August 2016. 

31 aug 2016 didn't change from last 4,5 months. 

Thank you everyone.

It looks like your date has been in the ‘currently processing’ range since March.

It is probably best to get in touch directly with PVC.

I wonder if anyone else here can help you with a contact number?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

It looks like your date has been in the ‘currently processing’ range since March.

It is probably best to get in touch directly with PVC.

I wonder if anyone else here can help you with a contact number?

I think they prefer emails as opposed to phone calls.  Subject line needs to be name of applicant, date of birth, and reference number.  

21 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I think they prefer emails as opposed to phone calls.  Subject line needs to be name of applicant, date of birth, and reference number.  

have send them few emails, they never reply. thank you so much guys.

24 minutes ago, Nitika said:

have send them few emails, they never reply. thank you so much guys.

When did you send the AOS acceptance letter to immigration? Normally they start processing since they have received that letter.