Guest guest36187

11 hours ago, thinh7tn said:

Hi everyone,
My first post in the forum! So pardon me being all new to this :)
I'm currently in the process of preparing all the documents to apply for the CPV 143 for my mom.
I want to ask if both my partner and I can be her sponsors and if so, do we each have to fill out form 40?

Many thanks,
Nana 

I would have thought that it would be just you - there is only space on the form 40 for one.  They can of course both be nominated for the Assurance of Support once you get to that stage.  Zee

13 hours ago, thinh7tn said:

Hi everyone,
My first post in the forum! So pardon me being all new to this :)
I'm currently in the process of preparing all the documents to apply for the CPV 143 for my mom.
I want to ask if both my partner and I can be her sponsors and if so, do we each have to fill out form 40?

Many thanks,
Nana 

Welcome to the waiting room thinh7tn

We applied a year ago and although our daughters partner's details were recorded, only our daughter was nominated as our sponsor. As far as I know, only you as your mums legal relative/child can sponsor her. The link below will take you to the DIBP 143 fact sheeet

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/143-#tab-content-1

• Like 1

The processing date remained at 13th October 2014 as of yesterday.  It seems crazy that this time last year we were all hoping that things would pick up after 1st July 2016.  However on 18th May last year they were processing 14th May 2014.  So over a year later we have only moved on 5 months.  Surely, surely things should start to improve after 1st July this year - or is that too much to hope for?  We've decided that we can't wait to see our daughter and her family any longer so at least are planning a holiday over Christmas with them this year.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer after that before we get our visas through. 

22 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

The processing date remained at 13th October 2014 as of yesterday.  It seems crazy that this time last year we were all hoping that things would pick up after 1st July 2016.  However on 18th May last year they were processing 14th May 2014.  So over a year later we have only moved on 5 months.  Surely, surely things should start to improve after 1st July this year - or is that too much to hope for?  We've decided that we can't wait to see our daughter and her family any longer so at least are planning a holiday over Christmas with them this year.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer after that before we get our visas through. 

I think they no longer update it weekly.  On 17th May they were still processing to 3rd Oct 2014, on 26th May they changed to 13th October, and I don't think they've updated since then.  I can't get a response to my test email today, which suggests no update available yet.  Maybe next two weeks will show an update?  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Pomsinoz newsletter received this morning tells you of the 355 less visa staff. Not looking good at all!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Pomsinoz newsletter received this morning tells you of the 355 less visa staff. Not looking good at all!

I should have thought that the vast amounts of money we pay for our visas pays the salaries of those 355 people!

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I think we now need a "don't like" button!  Depressing news.  I can't help thinking that when the new short term parent visa is implemented in November that there will then be even fewer staff to deal with the 143/173 processing as more visa staff will then be diverted to deal with the new category. 

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Please can you tell me how I get a Pomsinoz newsletter Kath?  Your post is the first time that I have heard of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Please can you tell me how I get a Pomsinoz newsletter Kath?  Your post is the first time that I have heard of it.

Look at the tabs along the top of the page, click on Newsletter, fill in details to subscribe.  I think that's it, I'll try it!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Yes, go to top of this page click "more" (Which is on the right of the tab that says leaderboard -on 2nd row down )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMP said:

I think we now need a "don't like" button!  Depressing news.  I can't help thinking that when the new short term parent visa is implemented in November that there will then be even fewer staff to deal with the 143/173 processing as more visa staff will then be diverted to deal with the new category. 

I know! Think the 600 visa is going to be heavily used! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

I'm no expert but I do believe processing time will improve after 1st July.

I think we are still suffering the impact of closing the non-contributory visa stream in 2014 (which caused a surge in 143 visa applications).

This surge did not get absorbed fully in last years 'cap', so this years progress has also been affected.

I am assuming after 1st July, we should at least see processing times stabilising. 

Having only 7175 places each year is the real bottle neck for parent visas, and the reduction in visa staff is most likely due to scrapping the 457 visa.

Talking of experts, whats happened to our resident expert Alan? I noticed he got a slapped wrist for posting an "inappropriate" link, which seemed a bit OTT, considering the value of his contributions to this thread.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I'm no expert but I do believe processing time will improve after 1st July.

I think we are still suffering the impact of closing the non-contributory visa stream in 2014 (which caused a surge in 143 visa applications).

This surge did not get absorbed fully in last years 'cap', so this years progress has also been affected.

I am assuming after 1st July, we should at least see processing times stabilising. 

Having only 7175 places each year is the real bottle neck for parent visas, and the reduction in visa staff is most likely due to scrapping the 457 visa.

Talking of experts, whats happened to our resident expert Alan? I noticed he got a slapped wrist for posting an "inappropriate" link, which seemed a bit OTT, considering the value of his contributions to this thread.

I'm still here - I haven't gone away.  :biggrin:

Yes, I'm a tad piqued at having a web link removed, but I defer to the owners of this site.

On the subject of surges in the number of CP visa applications, it seems another one has just taken place - from the PVC auto email:

We have received a large number of applications in the past two weeks. Please allow up to four weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.

Best regards,

• Like 4

Not been into the site for a while, so some will remember me, some wont.  I was surprised at the little progress made since we moved here last June!  I was going stir crazy waiting for our 143 to be granted, and thought 26 months from start to arrival here was frustrating enough!

Hang in there, it really is worth the wait, our first year has flown by, and looking back the wait to get our visas seems so long ago already!

• Like 6

Glad to see you back Alan,   You are a very valuable source of information

6 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Yes, I'm a tad piqued at having a web link removed, but I defer to the owners of this site.

On the subject of surges in the number of CP visa applications, it seems another one has just taken place - from the PVC auto email:

We have received a large number of applications in the past two weeks. Please allow up to four weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.

Best regards,

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AlanSteel said:

Not been into the site for a while, so some will remember me, some wont.  I was surprised at the little progress made since we moved here last June!  I was going stir crazy waiting for our 143 to be granted, and thought 26 months from start to arrival here was frustrating enough!

Hang in there, it really is worth the wait, our first year has flown by, and looking back the wait to get our visas seems so long ago already!

I remember you. You used to make us chuckle with some of your photos. We applied 6 months after you.........

and here here we still are:arghh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlanSteel said:

Hi Alan you didn't think it at the time but you were one of the lucky ones! Glad you are enjoying life there those of us left in the crowded waiting room (standing room only) are getting more and more frustrated with the longer than expected wait, we could do with some good news instead of which we are told processing times will be longer.☹️ Miss your funnies you used to post!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards,

Good to know your still here.

Any thoughts as to why this recent increase in applications. I wonder if some parents have been holding back for the new visa, only to be disappointed and have now applied for the CPV.

I can understand anyone being disillusioned in the uk right now, with everything that is happening at the moment.

Also good to here from AlanSteel, we followed you story last year. Can't tell you how useful it is to here these first-hand accounts in helping us prepare for the final stages of this process. Please feel free to keep us all informed with your experiences since emigrating.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Good to know your still here.

Any thoughts as to why this recent increase in applications. I wonder if some parents have been holding back for the new visa, only to be disappointed and have now applied for the CPV.

I can understand anyone being disillusioned in the uk right now, with everything that is happening at the moment.

Also good to here from AlanSteel, we followed you story last year. Can't tell you how useful it is to here these first-hand accounts in helping us prepare for the final stages of this process. Please feel free to keep us all informed with your experiences since emigrating.

Hi SusieRoo.

I think the main driver behind the increased number of CP visa applications was (and still is) a concern that Visa Application Charges are going to increase in the light of the Productivity Commission's findings last year.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Yes, thanks for the info on this newsletter Kath.  I also have just subscribed and didnt even know that it existed before I saw your post!

No problem! I must have ticked a box that subscribed me when I originally joined up on here. 

On 07/06/2017 at 06:30, AlanSteel said:

Hi Alan, presumably you have bought and insured a car since you moved out to Oz. Was your 'no claims bonus' from UK recognised?

Regards Geoff & Gill