Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

Did you pay an agent?  If so, then you should be getting the service you  paid for!  If you communicate direct with Immi, be sure to quote your reference number, name of main applicant, and date of birth, in the subject line.  

We paid a certain amount for him to lodge the application, with a further payment due at the end. I have already emailed Immi once and had a reply, so I just did a reply this week with our details. All the above was in the subject line.

I copied the agent in to the first email but had no response whatsoever. I plan on sending Immi's response to him when I get it.

I just wish I had a crystal ball to see how many applications are still on top of ours in that pile:cute:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NanaJan said:

We haven't heard anything either but we did our Police checks a couple of weeks ago so that would be one less thing to think about when we do hear.

I think they are only updating monthly now, so the beginning of June should give us a better clue. If it still hasn't moved, there could well be tears!! :(

Who knows anything anymore?

It is possible that with the large number of applicants in May & June 2014 that they have run our of allocation for this year and that is why the date isn't updating. That happened to us last year and we had to wait for 1st July before it started moving again. Hopefully that is not the case, but be prepared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8CPA said:

It is possible that with the large number of applicants in May & June 2014 that they have run our of allocation for this year and that is why the date isn't updating. That happened to us last year and we had to wait for 1st July before it started moving again. Hopefully that is not the case, but be prepared.

As of yesterday, it had moved  to 13th October.

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 13 October 2014."

19 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Have you got an agent?  Or doing it yourselves?

We have an agent but they have as much information as the rest of us and to be honest less it seems sometimes. Forums like pio are the best source and I really appreciate the information people post.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

We have an agent but they have as much information as the rest of us and to be honest less it seems sometimes. Forums like pio are the best source and I really appreciate the information people post.  

My question about an agent was meant to be directed to Nanajan in connection with communicating direct with Immi.  I agree though that sometimes agents don't seem to know any more than we do.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, clerk85 said:

I applied on 10 October 2014 and today I got request from case officer for additional documents such as form 80 (haven't asked during AOS & Medical request), asked for new passport details cause it might be less than 6 months validity when they will grant visa, etc.

Hi Catlady2014,

have you asked to further documents or 2nd VAC payment. You are 10 days ahead of me :)

@clerk85, have you had any luck renewing your passport online?  I tried doing it that way to save time but my photos are constantly rejected, despite conforming to all the "rules" for online applications.  I've given up and got photos taken professionally this morning, but now my local Post Office says they don't do passport forms (despite Royal Mail website saying that they do), and so I have to find one that does do Check & Send.  

Just now, Catlady2014 said:

@clerk85, have you had any luck renewing your passport online?  I tried doing it that way to save time but my photos are constantly rejected, despite conforming to all the "rules" for online applications.  I've given up and got photos taken professionally this morning, but now my local Post Office says they don't do passport forms (despite Royal Mail website saying that they do), and so I have to find one that does do Check & Send.  

@NanaJan - see my problem above.  I am just about to scream!

• Like 1

On 2017-5-23 at 22:32, Suzyq said:

You've come around to our way of thinking - good for you and your daughter! We just wondered what we were waiting for. The 600 gives me 12 months in any 18 months ashore, but I'm hoping to come back to UK to apply for the 3 temporary when I need as I can't see the 143 queue being managed down at all. No one has told me I can't do that....so waiting for a response!

My husband will continue to work offshore and visit on an e visitor, he's unlikely to ever need to spend more than 3 months at a time in Aus. 

We know we're sticking our necks out a bit but I just feel like I'm waiting for my life to go by here so it's work the risk of something going wrong for us! If I do have to spend 6 months out of the 18 months (if we can't take out the 3 year temp) I'd just break the time frames up a bit and as we have a wonderful daughter in law, she would look after the dogs for us!

I like your bosses attitude!

Ok, latest update to our personal saga, just applied for our 600's. We've done the math and have come up with a plan to get us their sooner. Waiting time is currently 34 months and we are 12 months into that so, if we if we aim to go next June/July, that gets rid of another 12 months and allows us to sort out dogs, car, bank accounts, shipping stuff etc.etc and the 600 takes care of the last 10 months. Hopefully, by the time the 600 ends we will have the 143 and will only have to go offshore to activate it, if not and we have to leave, at least it won't be for too long.

This is of course assuming that the 34 month queue time doesn't extend beyond 36 months......... Anyway, this is our current plan, which I've no doubt will change again and again, but it's killing us not knowing what to do and feeling like we're in a constant state of limbo. Plus, this plan saves us $10K applying for the new temp visa, assuming it's passes through parliament.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NanaJan said:

One day we will look back on this process and say......

"hey, it was all worth it in the end":)

Keep Calm and have a glass of wine!

I had an  extremely large glass or two last night after my disastrous attempts to apply for a passport renewal online. 

• Like 4

Excellent Bry45! Your plan is better than ours time wise but I can't wait! We really are in limbo having sold houses and living in temp accommodation - we really didn't think the process would take so long given we were contributing (appreciate the shortfall calculated but the government). Anyway, looking forward to the day we get there!

Best of luck Bry45...btw, where are you bound for? We're planning to go to Ellenbrook (Perth).

• Like 2

I ended up having to do my passport renewal application in the Post Office at Asda.  However, having gone out very early this morning an d got my photos done "properly", or so I thought, it appears that they might have been a millimetre out (the distance between chin and head line has to be a certain number of millimetres now apparently).  I decided to take a chance on it and the application has gone off "check and send" which is a little quicker than posting it myself.  I was warned in the Post Office that the Passport Office might call me and tell me to get them done again, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I suppose these new stricter photograph rules are part of anti-terrorism measures?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bry45 said:

Ok, latest update to our personal saga, just applied for our 600's. We've done the math and have come up with a plan to get us their sooner. Waiting time is currently 34 months and we are 12 months into that so, if we if we aim to go next June/July, that gets rid of another 12 months and allows us to sort out dogs, car, bank accounts, shipping stuff etc.etc and the 600 takes care of the last 10 months. Hopefully, by the time the 600 ends we will have the 143 and will only have to go offshore to activate it, if not and we have to leave, at least it won't be for too long.

This is of course assuming that the 34 month queue time doesn't extend beyond 36 months......... Anyway, this is our current plan, which I've no doubt will change again and again, but it's killing us not knowing what to do and feeling like we're in a constant state of limbo. Plus, this plan saves us $10K applying for the new temp visa, assuming it's passes through parliament.

We are one year ahead of you, and your new plan is exactly what we are doing now!  We've had a few holidays in the last year to keep us occupied and time passed. It will be next year before you know it!.

Geoff & Gill

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

I ended up having to do my passport renewal application in the Post Office at Asda.  However, having gone out very early this morning an d got my photos done "properly", or so I thought, it appears that they might have been a millimetre out (the distance between chin and head line has to be a certain number of millimetres now apparently).  I decided to take a chance on it and the application has gone off "check and send" which is a little quicker than posting it myself.  I was warned in the Post Office that the Passport Office might call me and tell me to get them done again, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I suppose these new stricter photograph rules are part of anti-terrorism measures?  

Sorry to hear your having such a nightmare with renewing your passport. ...this is too late for you but anyone else needing to renew their passports, you can renew your UK passport 9 months in advance and that 9 months or what ever time you have left on uour passport will be added to the new passport. Eg. If you have 7 months left your new passport will have 10 years and 7 months on it. Hope this helps some of you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Excellent Bry45! Your plan is better than ours time wise but I can't wait! We really are in limbo having sold houses and living in temp accommodation - we really didn't think the process would take so long given we were contributing (appreciate the shortfall calculated but the government). Anyway, looking forward to the day we get there!

Best of luck Bry45...btw, where are you bound for? We're planning to go to Ellenbrook (Perth).

Thank's Suzy, I totally get it that you can't wait and if we could go tomorrow, we would, but to be honest, the past year has flown by, so we're thinking all the stuff we have to now in prep will make this next year pass even quicker.

Best of to you too Suzy, I'm sure it will all work out for you, remember ...................it's an adventure

We'll be on the Gold Coast, just north of Surfers P.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

We are one year ahead of you, and your new plan is exactly what we are doing now!  We've had a few holidays in the last year to keep us occupied and time passed. It will be next year before you know it!.

Geoff & Gill

Nice one GeoffandGill, I guess you'll be there soon, well done to you both and don't forget to let us all know how your getting on when you settle

• Like 1

We've been on this journey almost 5 years now, beginning with shall we? can we? serious for the last 2 1/2 years after deciding we can and should and in total limbo for the last 12 months since applying. I have to say, it feels a tad surreal knowing we have a fixed timeline. 

I think it's time for a pint of Wainwrights !!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bry45 said:

We've been on this journey almost 5 years now, beginning with shall we? can we? serious for the last 2 1/2 years after deciding we can and should and in total limbo for the last 12 months since applying. I have to say, it feels a tad surreal knowing we have a fixed timeline. 

I think it's time for a pint of Wainwrights !!!

Sounds like a great plan.

I love the way you get to organise your move in your own timeframe, instead of being at the mercy of this system.

You definitely deserve a pint (or two)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

My question about an agent was meant to be directed to Nanajan in connection with communicating direct with Immi.  I agree though that sometimes agents don't seem to know any more than we do.  

Sorry, I didn't mean to butt into your conversation ( I have got friends, honest ! ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to butt into your conversation ( I have got friends, honest ! ) 

Hahahaha, you do indeed have friends - lots of them - all of us on here for a start!  And you didn't butt in - it was my fault for not quoting Nanajan's post that I was replying to.   

:D:D:D

• Like 3