Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

6 hours ago, 8CPA said:

I think Immi only like electronic correspondence so just email the correct form to them. That is what our agent did with our change of address. You will have to fill in the most up to date information when you fill in the Form 80 but you should still let them know the changes.

I think they won't accept it online for a 143, it has to be sent via mail. I've posted it off, so fingers crossed!

1st Vac 5/12/14

AOS/police checks etc requested 02/08/17

2nd Vac requested 3/9/17

Visas granted 16/10/17

2 hours ago, BrendaM said:

I think they won't accept it online for a 143, it has to be sent via mail. I've posted it off, so fingers crossed!

Future reference for others - we did it on line and it was accepted.

CPV 143 lodgement 12.3.15, Acknowledged 14.4.15

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and Form 80 requested 21 Dec 2017

AOS submitted 3 Jan 18, Police certs & Form 80 submitted 7 Jan 18, Medicals booked 10 Jan 18

AoS rejected 21 Jun without any consultation (24 weeks for them to make this decision)

AoS re-submitted 16 Jul 18 - interview carried out 7 Aug 18

AoS Bond paid 14 Aug 18

AoS approval received 27 Aug 18

Request for 2nd VAC - 11 Sep 18

Visa granted - 26 Sep 18

Heading for the Sunshine Coast

Does anyone have an idea on what the processing times might be for the new temp parent visa

• Like 1

143 visa. Lodged 1st June 2016 First payment 1st June

I thought you'd decided to wait for your 143 Bry45......changed your minds?!

I've just signed to agree to the conditions on my 600 and will look to see what happens in November with the 3 year temp. We're visiting for a couple of weeks end of June and then when our dogs are ready to fly in November I'll be off!!!!

• Like 3

CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

Very observant of you Suzy and we had indeed decided to wait for the 143, what we hadn't factored in to that decision was our daughter and son in law's reactions and I can tell you they were not best pleased to say the least. Never been told off by my daughter before and needless to say but, they promptly put us in our place.

So, We've spent the last few nights discussing finances, visa costs, private health insurance etc. etc. and agreed to see what or if, the new temp parent visa will work. We also have two dogs to put through the process which we haven't yet started and I'm not going anywhere without them !!

We considered the 600, but we would have to leave after 12 months and as far as I can tell, you can't apply for the new temp visa while on shore, plus, by the time the dogs are Ok to go, the new temp visa will be in play anyway, so we're thinking we will only require the 3 year version as we figure that will be sufficient to see us to the end of the 143 apllication. This is why I asked the question about processing times.

Truth is, we just want to go now and don't want to wait. If we have to, then so be it, but if we can make it happen sooner, we will.

By the way, good for you girl, get yourself gone and I truly hope it all works out for you. To quote the missus (boss), "don't worry, its an adventure"

• Like 4

I've just signed to agree to the conditions on my 600 and will look to see what happens in November with the 3 year temp. We're visiting for a couple of weeks end of June and then when our dogs are ready to fly in November I'll be off!!!!

CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

You've come around to our way of thinking - good for you and your daughter! We just wondered what we were waiting for. The 600 gives me 12 months in any 18 months ashore, but I'm hoping to come back to UK to apply for the 3 temporary when I need as I can't see the 143 queue being managed down at all. No one has told me I can't do that....so waiting for a response!

My husband will continue to work offshore and visit on an e visitor, he's unlikely to ever need to spend more than 3 months at a time in Aus. 

We know we're sticking our necks out a bit but I just feel like I'm waiting for my life to go by here so it's work the risk of something going wrong for us! If I do have to spend 6 months out of the 18 months (if we can't take out the 3 year temp) I'd just break the time frames up a bit and as we have a wonderful daughter in law, she would look after the dogs for us!

I like your bosses attitude!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Edited by Tulip1

Feeling very subdued in Manchester this morning after the terrible tragic events.

Makes me desperate to be with my daughter also! 

• Like 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

10 hours ago, bry45 said:

Very observant of you Suzy and we had indeed decided to wait for the 143, what we hadn't factored in to that decision was our daughter and son in law's reactions and I can tell you they were not best pleased to say the least. Never been told off by my daughter before and needless to say but, they promptly put us in our place.

So, We've spent the last few nights discussing finances, visa costs, private health insurance etc. etc. and agreed to see what or if, the new temp parent visa will work. We also have two dogs to put through the process which we haven't yet started and I'm not going anywhere without them !!

We considered the 600, but we would have to leave after 12 months and as far as I can tell, you can't apply for the new temp visa while on shore, plus, by the time the dogs are Ok to go, the new temp visa will be in play anyway, so we're thinking we will only require the 3 year version as we figure that will be sufficient to see us to the end of the 143 apllication. This is why I asked the question about processing times.

Truth is, we just want to go now and don't want to wait. If we have to, then so be it, but if we can make it happen sooner, we will.

By the way, good for you girl, get yourself gone and I truly hope it all works out for you. To quote the missus (boss), "don't worry, its an adventure"

Your daughter and son in law are telling you off? Good heavens, and you want to go and live with them? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bry45 said:

Your daughter is the one whose financial neck will be on the block in respect of the sponsor's undertaking to meet public healthcare costs while you are in Australia as the holders of the new temporary residency visa.

She is aware of this?

Best regards.

• Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

23 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Ours was done on line too. The agent would have charged us postage otherwise.

Just now, 8CPA said:

Ours was143 as well.

Just now, 8CPA said:

10 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Can you take dogs over if you are going out on a 600 visa?

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

Your daughter and son in law are telling you off? Good heavens, and you want to go and live with them? 

Exactly what I thought! This couple had  made a decision to go for the 143. The kids were not best pleased and told them off and now they've changed their plans?  Goodness me. The kids chose to live on the other side of the world, they really should let their parents make their own decisions and not scould them.  

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's concern and offer my apologies to all if I've given the wrong impression, but I think I need to clear something up, the comment in my reply to Suzy regarding us getting told off was light-hearted and meant to reflect their disappointment in the waiting time we are having to accept. The both of them could not be more supportive, even to the extent of offering to pay for the 143 and they fully understand that mum and dad are starting afresh. Indeed, it was them who questioned if moving to Australia is what we really wanted, but after 4 separate visits over the past four years, our minds were made up and the addition of our wonderful granddaughter sealed the deal.

I can assure all that the decision was always ours, we have always planned to retire in a warmer climate and if we can do that with our daughter and granddaughter close by, all the better. It really is us who can't wait to get there, our daughter and son in law just want us to reach our dream sooner -if possible.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

They say they have taken away 355 staff  from visa and citizenship  since start of financial year! Dam it!

30 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

They say they have taken away 355 staff  from visa since start of fianancial year! Dam it!

Ah well, as long as we continue waking up breathing every morning, everything else is a bonus, so all is good

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bry45 said:

I appreciate everyone's concern and offer my apologies to all if I've given the wrong impression, but I think I need to clear something up, the comment in my reply to Suzy regarding us getting told off was light-hearted and meant to reflect their disappointment in the waiting time we are having to accept. The both of them could not be more supportive, even to the extent of offering to pay for the 143 and they fully understand that mum and dad are starting afresh. Indeed, it was them who questioned if moving to Australia is what we really wanted, but after 4 separate visits over the past four years, our minds were made up and the addition of our wonderful granddaughter sealed the deal.

I can assure all that the decision was always ours, we have always planned to retire in a warmer climate and if we can do that with our daughter and granddaughter close by, all the better. It really is us who can't wait to get there, our daughter and son in law just want us to reach our dream sooner -if possible.

Pleased to hear it! My kids are also insisting on sharing the cost of the visa as they say, I'm only getting it because they moved. Best of luck 

• Like 1

Phew, what a whirlwind.  All of a sudden there are not enough hours in the day:o

We decided to go with the basic tourist visa, Subclass:651, and hope we may be sorted within the first 3 months so that we do not need to take a trip offshore before the "visa grant" trip offshore.

We both finished work last week so are both now unemployed.  Notice is in on the rental property and we need to be out on 9th June, technically we will then be homeless. The car was advertised yesterday and we believe we already have a buyer, so then we will have no transport.

The removal company is booked, Council tax sorted, post redirect arranged, services notified, home insurance sorted, lottery direct debit cancelled (over 20 years with the same darn numbers:D) and 3 leaving-dos completed!!  Disposal of white goods sorted today, being collected 6th June.

A bit of travelling arranged from 9th June to do last minute family/friend visiting around the UK until we fly on the 16th June.

Oh, and 2 more leaving-dos and a wedding to fit in between now and the 9th....................................Roll on Australia, I need a rest!!!!!!O.o

Edit: And Police Certificates received last week ready and waiting!

Edited by NanaJan
  • Like 10

143 Visa application lodged & acknowledged 1st December 2014. Invitation to supply further documents received 4th July 2017. AoS submitted to Centrelink 6th July. Police Certificates and Forms 80 handed in to our agent 12th July. Medicals done 12th July.

Bond lodged mid-August.

Assurance of Support accepted and uploaded to Immi 30th August.

2nd VAC request received 8th September.

VISAS GRANTED 18th September:jiggy:

whilst on holiday in Bali....

Back to Oz on 20th September as official residents:)

You've come around to our way of thinking - good for you and your daughter! We just wondered what we were waiting for. The 600 gives me 12 months in any 18 months ashore, but I'm hoping to come back to UK to apply for the 3 temporary when I need as I can't see the 143 queue being managed down at all. No one has told me I can't do that....so waiting for a response!

My husband will continue to work offshore and visit on an e visitor, he's unlikely to ever need to spend more than 3 months at a time in Aus. 

We know we're sticking our necks out a bit but I just feel like I'm waiting for my life to go by here so it's work the risk of something going wrong for us! If I do have to spend 6 months out of the 18 months (if we can't take out the 3 year temp) I'd just break the time frames up a bit and as we have a wonderful daughter in law, she would look after the dogs for us!

I like your bosses attitude!

• Like 1

I've not been asked anything so far about a visa Kathss56? Good point though and I'll call Pet Air tomorrow to double check. If there is an issue I'm sure my son would take ownership of them for me. I pretty sure you are able to purchase dogs / cats and have them shipped over so long as they go through the correct process. I'll find out and let you know!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Phew, what a whirlwind.  All of a sudden there are not enough hours in the day:o

We decided to go with the basic tourist visa, Subclass:651, and hope we may be sorted within the first 3 months so that we do not need to take a trip offshore before the "visa grant" trip offshore.

We both finished work last week so are both now unemployed.  Notice is in on the rental property and we need to be out on 9th June, technically we will then be homeless. The car was advertised yesterday and we believe we already have a buyer, so then we will have no transport.

The removal company is booked, Council tax sorted, post redirect arranged, services notified, home insurance sorted, lottery direct debit cancelled (over 20 years with the same darn numbers:D) and 3 leaving-dos completed!!  Disposal of white goods sorted today, being collected 6th June.

A bit of travelling arranged from 9th June to do last minute family/friend visiting around the UK until we fly on the 16th June.

Oh, and 2 more leaving-dos and a wedding to fit in between now and the 9th....................................Roll on Australia, I need a rest!!!!!!O.o

Good luck Nana Jan, we are not far behind you, we have exchanged on house and fly two days after completion in late July. I was interested  that you have arranged post re-direct - to Australia? or do you have family in uk? We do not now have any close family in UK and have been cancelling everything and could give a friends address for bank etc., but I hope the post office can just put a stop on all the rest. There is such a lot to think about but we are making progress. Not good news that staff on visa processing are being cutback, it can't be an easy job with everyone complaining and now some may lose their jobs. 

I hope it works out for you and everyone else, we decided to drink our wine stock but now it has gone down so much we will have to buy more! 

• Like 5

CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

15 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Hi, we know what you mean! We have just returned from a lovely restful two weeks in Crete and are now back on the case! Having a shipping company coming today to take two boxes of summer clothes/ shoes to Oz. They should arrive just in time for spring.We are now in the process of packing the last couple of boxes to put in storage and in our caravan which will await shipping once 143s are issued. We leave our rented flat on 14th June to stay with friends till 18th when we fly. Geoff is still contemplating having to sell his car, which he loves! See you soon! Where in Melbourne area are heading?

Geoff & Gill

Edited by Geoffandgill
  • Like 3

CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!