Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Paolo said:

It’s been good to see some long-term contributors making some progress recently – given that the medical is the one ‘unknown’ factor in this process is anyone willing to share their general medical examination process experience with the group? (no personal details expected of course). Just be good to know how long it took to arrange / how long did it take / what was the Dr focused on / did they access medical records / was there a choice of venues etc Any info welcome.

Here is a link with info on the medical exam http://www.gdciq.gov.cn/CJSFW/Documents/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf

We joke about the counting backwards bit, but it's really the 'unknowns’ that are the most unsettling.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bry45 said:

I was just sat here thinking along the same lines and contemplating what will be !! There's little point in us applying for the new temp visa as I'm assuming it will be $5,000 each. As we are now 12 months in to our 143, the are only reasons preventing us from applying for a 600, a) the 6 months out of every 18 were we can't be in OZ and b) the fact that I can't work, which is really annoying as I'm quite happy to contribute the the OZ budget.

Alan, as I can work remotely, would it be possible for me to continue being employed in my current role whilst living/staying in OZ? I can transfer my employment status from being employed to being a consultant for which the company will be invoiced, any income I then get would be declared in OZ and taxed accordingly.

Sounds like a "no work" condition on a 600 visa would make this too risky, could jeopardise 143 ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bry45 said:

We've decided not to apply for any other visa and just wait for our 143 to come. In the meantime, we will continue to visit and shuttle them back home to ease the pain.

May be comforting to know you are not on your own in this situation ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I had a quick look at Form 80!

Having travelled a lot of the last 10yrs - I am not so sure I will remember all the dates and places so much!! ?

Lol my parents are the same, they are studying their passports to try to work out all of their entry and exit visas.  Thankfully it was mostly Florida and Australia so they got stamped on entry and exit which helps!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Having travelled a lot of the last 10yrs - I am not so sure I will remember all the dates and places so much!! ?

If you have date-stamped photographs, that might help to jog your memory at least as far as the month and year is concerned, or if you use an electronic diary you could get some info there.  I'm sure nobody can remember exact dates, or can they?   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

If you have date-stamped photographs, that might help to jog your memory at least as far as the month and year is concerned, or if you use an electronic diary you could get some info there.  I'm sure nobody can remember exact dates, or can they?   

Yes but can THEY check in case I miss them lol ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Catlady2014 said:

I think visits to certain countries might raise red flags, but normal holiday visits probably aren't of that much interest.  Maybe somebody on here knows the answer?  

I was thinking the same. By the time I need to submit at least I will have done the last 4-5yrs just to Australia ??  ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I was thinking the same. By the time I need to submit at least I will have done the last 4-5yrs just to Australia ??  ?

And you'll have Arrival passport stamps for those visits I think?  I know I have them for Arrivals, but not departures.  

• Like 1

Form 80 is painful, but I would urge you to do everything you can to list all overseas travel.  I travelled extensively overseas for work and my list was many pages - I had to go through the company travel agent as well as my own passports and memory !!   The DIBP will actually be able to see what travel is registered against your passport....  so my logic is that by at least attempting to complete the form thoroughly, then so long as you have not hit red flag countries, then that willl be fine.

But if you only list 5 overseas trips and they can see you've done 20, then you may well get more questions or delays from them....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

We have our permanent visas now and when we filled out Form 80 we only bothered with travel where there was evidence in our passports. I traveled extensively for business in Europe but there was no evidence of these trips that the visa people could access so I did no declare them. I think they are only interested if you visited "dubious" countries

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, daveedley said:

We have our permanent visas now and when we filled out Form 80 we only bothered with travel where there was evidence in our passports. I traveled extensively for business in Europe but there was no evidence of these trips that the visa people could access so I did no declare them. I think they are only interested if you visited "dubious" countries

Thank you!

I love the fact that those of you in receipt of a PR visa and have moved over, still keep posting on here.!

Very comforting and reassuring for us all in "the waiting room"

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Sadge said:

Although the actual physical by the Panel Doctor is quite straight forward, do go prepared with every bit of paper relevant to any present/past condition/operation!  I had a very scary couple of days when I thought everything was going to be delayed (or even halted) as initially the Australian MO wasn't satisfied and wanted further tests and so forth following my medical.  Thankfully, I was able to obtain copies of  historic medical records and reports quite quickly, these were forwarded to the MO, were acceptable and all ended satisfactorily, but I wouldn't wish those few days on anybody!  

Yes, absolutely agree Sadge. We took along a summary of the cancer my husband had treated in 1981 and the doc said it was a historical document and probably the only record still in existence ... But that we were right to take it because you never knew ...  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Thank you!

I love the fact that those of you in receipt of a PR visa and have moved over, still keep posting on here.!

Very comforting and reassuring for us all in "the waiting room"

Us too Kath

I must say that by the time we get our 143's this will be the longest we'e ever spent in a "waiting room", but at least we're in it, so the wait can only get shorter.

This site has been excellent for us and we appreciate all the helpful information provided to us thus far, rest assured, when we become a member of the granted 143 Visa club, we will continue to support pomsinOz and hopefully something from our journey will help future waiting roomers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, daveedley said:

We travelled extensively in Europe too but hadn't got the nerve to leave these journeys out! What I did in the end was a) list the Ozzie visits accurately by looking up my visitors visa dates and b) list everything else as accurately as I could, with the word 'approximately' beside each entry. Strongly recommend making a start on form 80 before you are asked for it because it takes a while to fill in and drives you bonkers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pertenhall said:

How depressing is that.  It really does go from bad to worse.  Each month they add another month on to the processing time.  When will it end?

Also interesting that the figure for 75% processed is the same as 90% processed.

5 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Also interesting that the figure for 75% processed is the same as 90% processed.

Here's hoping this new new parent visa makes a slight dent in it. Even if only a couple of months. Fingers crossed! :S

Edited by Kathss56

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Here's hoping this new new parent visa makes a slight dent in it. Even if only a couple of months. Fingers crossed! :S

As mentioned earlier in the thread the cynical view might be that with the temporary visa there is no motivation to shorten the waiting time for the 143 when there is the new cash cow of the temporary visa with no healthcare costs.  I would expect this to continue to get worse unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

As mentioned earlier in the thread the cynical view might be that with the temporary visa there is no motivation to shorten the waiting time for the 143 when there is the new cash cow of the temporary visa with no healthcare costs.  I would expect this to continue to get worse unfortunately.

Me too. Also,which staff are going to process the new one. Doubt they have employed any extra staff!  I guess many more of us will go over on a 600 if needed to.

Edited by Kathss56

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

Me too. Also,which staff are going to process the new one. Doubt they have employed any extra staff! 

Sorry to be downbeat - I see the effective demise of a visa class via processing times rather than cancelling, per the 103 :(