Jump to content
Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

Recommended Posts

Oh god, exactly and people will have to watch their passport dates or they will expire.   Don't think I like the sound of that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 2015–16 Migration Programme year:

  • 1 500 places have been allocated to Parent (non-contributory) visas (subclasses 103 and 804)
  • 7 175 places have been allocated to Contributory Parent visas (subclasses 173/143 and subclasses 884/864).

These figures are taken from the current border.gov.au site. Other postings have suggested that the 7175 places have all been allocated - does anyone have any idea when the 2017 allocation will be made public?


CPV 143 Application 01 Oct 2015. Acknowledged 01 Oct 2015. Heading for Sunshine Coast hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014 (143/173)

This has moved up 2 weeks in the past week!


CPV 143 Application 01 Oct 2015. Acknowledged 01 Oct 2015. Heading for Sunshine Coast hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014 (143/173)

This has moved up 2 weeks in the past week!

Unfortunately not, as it was showing 22nd September 2014 on 3rd April, so it has only moved forward by two weeks over the course of a month. 


CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok Catlady2014 - the info I saw was on 27 April it was up to 22 Sep 14 -  but it is now 3 Oct 14, so whilst that is a two week movement it must have been stuck on 22 Sep for a month - frustrating!

  • Like 1

CPV 143 Application 01 Oct 2015. Acknowledged 01 Oct 2015. Heading for Sunshine Coast hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paolo said:

In the 2015–16 Migration Programme year:

  • 1 500 places have been allocated to Parent (non-contributory) visas (subclasses 103 and 804)
  • 7 175 places have been allocated to Contributory Parent visas (subclasses 173/143 and subclasses 884/864).

These figures are taken from the current border.gov.au site. Other postings have suggested that the 7175 places have all been allocated - does anyone have any idea when the 2017 allocation will be made public?

This is the 2016-2017 allocation:

In the 2016-17 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  


CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I am very disappointed with this new visa, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would pay $20,000 for a glorified babysitters visa. 

I just hope when this is confirmed, in the budget on the 9th, they don't also cancel any existing visas types.

What is this new visa supposed to replace?

It's unlikely that anyone would leave an existing visa queue for this new visa.

My gut-feeling is this new visa is a replacement for the 103 visa. 

 

I think we may see the ending of subclasses 405, 103, and 804 - this is just a hunch though.   Don't quote me!

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new proposed 10 year parent visa doesn't seem quite useful. Quite backward thought to think Grandparents are only good for doing baby sitting.

I was reading the detailed white paper on this visa and it suggests that even 5 years is not guaranteed. They will check case by case and if the grand child is not young and doesn't needs help then the visa would be approved only for 2-3 years. What about the case when no grand kids?! 

In my opinion, a tourist visa 600 for 3 years would be better option compared to this new proposed 10 year visa!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

Yes I think you can and presuming there have been no "problems" with the applicant maybe it would be granted ?? Who knows it could all change again if this new visa is found to be not working!

Edited by Kathss56

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

Clarkesville1 - The press releases would suggest not ......

Under the new scheme, applicants could seek a three-year visa for $5,000 or a five-year visa for $10,000, with the opportunity of a single renewal for another five years at the same price.

The visa-holders would not be allowed to reapply beyond the 10 years and would have no pathway to permanent residency.

 


CPV 143 Application 01 Oct 2015. Acknowledged 01 Oct 2015. Heading for Sunshine Coast hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Clarkesville1 - The press releases would suggest not ......

Under the new scheme, applicants could seek a three-year visa for $5,000 or a five-year visa for $10,000, with the opportunity of a single renewal for another five years at the same price.

The visa-holders would not be allowed to reapply beyond the 10 years and would have no pathway to permanent residency.

 

How crazy and a bit cruel is this. After 10yrs .... bye bye Mum and Dad, sorry times up ???

  • Like 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

How crazy and a bit cruel is this. After 10yrs .... bye bye Mum and Dad, sorry times up ???

I think the devil is in the detail.  As the children would have to be guarantors, even if Mum and Dad couldn't / wouldn't fly think the children would have to ensure all healthcare costs would be covered.  I think a lot of people will jump on this visa and only truly realise the consequences 10 years down the line!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

I think the devil is in the detail.  As the children would have to be guarantors, even if Mum and Dad couldn't / wouldn't fly think the children would have to ensure all healthcare costs would be covered.  I think a lot of people will jump on this visa and only truly realise the consequences 10 years down the line!

I reckon private insurance will hit the roof after a few years for them!

insurance companies will know they have to have it at whatever the cost.

  • Like 2

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AUD rate looking best it's been for a while  those about to change money! 

  • Like 2

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems incredibly cruel..you say goodbye to family and friends to move to Australia then after ten years you have to go back saying goodbye to growing family.  Cruel beyond words !

 

Edited by Rosiejaq
  • Like 3

04.08.2015 143 lodged/06.08.2015 1st payment /12.02.2019 : request for docs, AoS and meds/07.03.2019 : meds done/15.03.2019 : apply police checks/ 18.03.2019 : AoS submitted (paper @ PM Centrelink )/19.03.2019 med queries- further tests  required/13.06.2019 : letter to panel doctors confirming no med probs exist /11.04.2019 : Form 80 & police checks submitted by agent/28.05.2019 : Aos rejected, reassessed & rejected again!/09.07.2019 : request for more info re form 80/Aos reassess/6.8.19:Swap out 1 person from Aos and sub new/9.10.19 Aos bond request/21.10.19 bond paid& Aos accepted/9.12.19 2nd VAC request/12.10.19 2nd VAC paid/ 13.12.2019 Visa granted

bound for mid north coast NSW !  😎 Sunnies now needed....& probably a mask (for bushfire smoke🥺)

flights booked for 31 December 2019....New Year in the air! 🎉🎉😎😎😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So

Currently, we are in the 143 waiting line and only having applied on June 1st last year, we are in for a long wait. We've been to OZ on 4 separate occasions now for a total of about 7 months altogether, which in itself has cost a small fortune, but he, ho. We've been looking at every alternative to get to OZ sooner, not just because we don't want to wait another two years, probably three by the end of the process, but because we've now got an Ozzy granddaughter, soon to be six months old, so her mum and dad need us now, while she's young. And we want to be with them.

We honestly thought this new visa would be a viable option, but I can't get my head around why they will not allow us (or me at least because grandma will be babysitting) to work, surely this would be better as I would be contributing to the economy and there's no way I'm shelling out $20,000 on a visa that doesn't allow us to work, but allows them to kick us out after 10 years. Not sure what to do now, should we apply for a 600 and renew? should we apply for the new temp visa, but only ask for three years, in the hope that our 143 is granted within that time frame? 

I will happily accept any advice offered.

  • Like 2

143 visa. Lodged 1st June 2016 First payment 1st June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bry45 said:

So

Currently, we are in the 143 waiting line and only having applied on June 1st last year, we are in for a long wait. We've been to OZ on 4 separate occasions now for a total of about 7 months altogether, which in itself has cost a small fortune, but he, ho. We've been looking at every alternative to get to OZ sooner, not just because we don't want to wait another two years, probably three by the end of the process, but because we've now got an Ozzy granddaughter, soon to be six months old, so her mum and dad need us now, while she's young. And we want to be with them.

We honestly thought this new visa would be a viable option, but I can't get my head around why they will not allow us (or me at least because grandma will be babysitting) to work, surely this would be better as I would be contributing to the economy and there's no way I'm shelling out $20,000 on a visa that doesn't allow us to work, but allows them to kick us out after 10 years. Not sure what to do now, should we apply for a 600 and renew? should we apply for the new temp visa, but only ask for three years, in the hope that our 143 is granted within that time frame? 

I will happily accept any advice offered.

I applied 3mths before you and I know how painful it is. Try to wait it out a little longer.. I will apply for 600 about 10mths before I think the 143 due. My daughter is planning her family around me arriving!  I have had to accept the reality of my only child living thousands of miles away for the last 6yrs and it's painful still.

I would go for 12mths. Rent your house out for income?? You would be giving up your jobs / pension contributions etc though? See how you get on. Make plans,look at property,enjoy your grandchild 

Then, if you don't do another full 12mths there and come back for a while, it may have taken away some of then pain,anguish and frustration, knowing that you will soon be back to Oz for good!! 

Could they come home to you for a holiday also?

Decisions,decisions.... nightmare!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only way to do it is to sit it out and visit when you can. It's horrible I know. We aren't in quite the same position as you because we were not able to leave when our 143 was granted - we had my mum to consider. My mum died earlier this year and we are now stuck waiting to sell our house - the frustration seems never ending.

I don't see anything attractive about this new visa at all - makes the 143 look like an absolute bargain. Good luck whatever you decide.

  • Like 2

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

I think the only way to do it is to sit it out and visit when you can. It's horrible I know. We aren't in quite the same position as you because we were not able to leave when our 143 was granted - we had my mum to consider. My mum died earlier this year and we are now stuck waiting to sell our house - the frustration seems never ending.

I don't see anything attractive about this new visa at all - makes the 143 look like an absolute bargain. Good luck whatever you decide.

<emboldening added>

While the Visa Application Charges for the Contributory Parent visas remain at their current level ...

Best regards.

  • Like 4

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/05/05/people-will-pay-it-more-details-australias-20000-parent-visa

"People will pay it"

SBS News: More details of the temporary parent visa - announced yesterday and costing up to $20,000 - have emerged.

There had been concern among applicants and migration agents that the temporary visa would replace the two permanent migration options – the government currently offers a $5,935 visa with a 30-year wait period and another for over $47,000 with a three-year wait period.

But while those options will remain, they could potentially see significant price rises in next week’s Budget, a measure recommended by the Productivity Commission last year.

Best regards.

  • Like 1

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/05/05/people-will-pay-it-more-details-australias-20000-parent-visa

"People will pay it"

SBS News: More details of the temporary parent visa - announced yesterday and costing up to $20,000 - have emerged.

There had been concern among applicants and migration agents that the temporary visa would replace the two permanent migration options – the government currently offers a $5,935 visa with a 30-year wait period and another for over $47,000 with a three-year wait period.

But while those options will remain, they could potentially see significant price rises in next week’s Budget, a measure recommended by the Productivity Commission last year.

Best regards.

Gosh,  anyone considering a 143 visa should apply now and secure the present charges!!


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0494.thumb.PNG.ed2836ce75a790bdfcb5968d91948b66.PNGDuring these ten years. Costs amounting to $50000 - might as well do 143 visa?!?!? Crazy!!


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0495.thumb.PNG.ab2911b0c09b4d86d34c6df093ee7fd6.PNG@bry45.  

Says it is expected to reduce waiting lists for permanent visas, this may help us!?

  • Like 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

It seems incredibly cruel..you say goodbye to family and friends to move to Australia then after ten years you have to go back saying goodbye to growing family.  Cruel beyond words !

 

People would need to apply knowing it is only a temporary visa, similar to the other temporary visas available.  I know a lot get a temporary visa in hopes that there will be a permanent option before they need to leave Australia, but it's often not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I applied 3mths before you and I know how painful it is. Try to wait it out a little longer.. I will apply for 600 about 10mths before I think the 143 due. My daughter is planning her family around me arriving!  I have had to accept the reality of my only child living thousands of miles away for the last 6yrs and it's painful still.

I would go for 12mths. Rent your house out for income?? You would be giving up your jobs / pension contributions etc though? See how you get on. Make plans,look at property,enjoy your grandchild 

Then, if you don't do another full 12mths there and come back for a while, it may have taken away some of then pain,anguish and frustration, knowing that you will soon be back to Oz for good!! 

Could they come home to you for a holiday also?

Decisions,decisions.... nightmare!

Sounds like a good plan Kath, Unfortunately, or not as we see it, we've already sold our house. When we made the decision to apply, the housing market wasn't that good and as we were then looking at two years or so for the visa time we thought it might take a while to sell, as it happens, it sold after first viewing for asking price. That's Ok cause at least the monies in the bank and thats one more thing we don't have to worry about.

We spent Christmas 2014 and 2015 with them and went back again for a couple of months for the birth last year, which has cost us quite allot, not that I'd change anything, but to save costs this year, we've paid for them to come here for a visit (grandma can't wait for June to come) so that's this year taken care of. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens going forwards.

Regarding giving up jobs, I can do mine remotely, so could carry on working from OZ and I'd be more than happy to pay OZ tax on my income, also meaning I wouldn't be taking a job away from an OZ citizen. Everyone wins in this scenario, we get to live where our hearts are, our daughter gets child care, so she can go back to work and contribute, grandma gets to be with them both, I continue to work and pay the government their taxes and our healthcare costs, so they don't have to worry about us negatively impacting on the economy.

I just wish the OZ government would consider all age groups of grandparents regarding this new visa and not just aged ones. Not all grandparents are wanting to move to OZ just to take up permanent residency in the doctors surgery, there are allot, like us, who are able and very willing to move there and contribute. Maybe they should reconsider their assessment of how to improve the cash cow visa machine. 

We've already committed to give them over $90,000 up front for the 143, which they can still have, all we are trying to do is find a way of getting there and contributing sooner.

WHY WON'T THEY LET US WORK ?????? it doesn't make sense. 10 year maximum stay, no pathway to permanent residency, $20,000 fee and not allowed to work. Perfect recipe for increasing the already high number of illegal immigrants.

 

 

  • Like 2

143 visa. Lodged 1st June 2016 First payment 1st June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×