Jump to content
Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

We went for the tourist visa and gave reasons as tourism/visit family. They asked for any significant dates on when we wanted to be there, to which we gave birthday dates and Xmas. Details of insurance we gave as ANZPLUS.com plus period covered ( date of flight plus a year) . We stated that type of insurance was Tourist Health Travel Insurance. (We got a quote from insurance company and it was just over £400 which is for emergency cover plus ambulance call out).

Geoff & Gill

Hi, That seems a very good price for insurance was that for both of you or each.

Shelagh 


Applied 143 8/12/2015...acknowledged 10/12/2015.. Request for further documents 6/8/2019.. AOS submitted 9/8/2019..form 80 & passport page 10/8/2019..medicals done 12/8/2019. Police cirt & translation  25/8/2019. Aos paid 26/10    AOS acceptance letter received 21/11

2nd Vac paid28/11/2019 Visa Granted 29/11/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi, That seems a very good price for insurance was that for both of you or each.

Shelagh 

It was for the both of us. We have always used them for our Ozzie holidays as they have always quoted a good price! 

Geoff & Gill


CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

 

Edited by AJ_143
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

 

Have they asked for the medicals as well - for that they should have given you a HAP ID. Also you should  receive a letter to set up the bond of assurance. We got our CO at the end of October 2016 and were asked for the money the week before Christmas. That is the last thing that happens they are then ready to grant. I you are unsure - email them. I am assuming you are not using an agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

 

If you have an agent, ask them.  If not, then check your junk email folder to see if anything has gone in there by mistake.  If still nothing, then you should email Immi to check.  Take a look at my timeline, I applied after you.    Form 80, police check, medical, Assurance of Support all done but still no Case Officer.  All these things were asked for by the "Parents team", not a Case Officer, maybe they no longer use individual Case Officers.  But I would expect the medical to have been asked for by now, and Assurance of Support too, so you should chase it up. 

  • Like 1

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I have a question about AOS. How long does it take to receive acceptance letter from Centrelink after bank guarantee and acknowledgement of term deposit are given to them? Is it sent by post or through gov account?

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi guys,

I have a question about AOS. How long does it take to receive acceptance letter from Centrelink after bank guarantee and acknowledgement of term deposit are given to them? Is it sent by post or through gov account?

Thanks

I'm waiting for this too.  Money was lodged and documentary proof given to Centrelink last Friday.   


CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

I'm waiting for this too.  Money was lodged and documentary proof given to Centrelink last Friday.   

Hi Catlady2014,

I gave all documents to Centrelink last Tuesday 2/5/17 and called AOS centre yesterday but they said it hasn't been finalised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi Catlady2014,

I gave all documents to Centrelink last Tuesday 2/5/17 and called AOS centre yesterday but they said it hasn't been finalised.

I understand it's dealt with by a special team at Centrelink and I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a week or so, but fingers crossed ... 

  • Like 2

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SBS reporting on the new temporary parent visa:

 


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

SBS reporting on the new temporary parent visa:

 

At a cost approx £11457.00 (current rate )not cheap either!


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

SBS reporting on the new temporary parent visa:

 

At a cost approx £11457.00 (current rate )not cheap either!


143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJ_143 said:

Hello all,

I have a question, if anyone knows the answer? I applied for 143 on 15th Sep, 2014. I think I got CO assigned as I was asked to provide police clearance and form 80 within 28 days (by 21st April). I have submitted all documents now. I have not heard anything after that.

Would you know how much time it takes after that? When can I expect to be asked to provide money? (So that i can arrange funds)? thanks in advance

cheers

 

Hi, Timing is critical for me and when I asked my agent they said that once Case officer is appointed I would have 28 days to complete my Meds and Police check and send them back. Then Immy will respond within 28 days requesting the second vac payment and I have 28 days to pay up ! Sweating now its all getting close for us and just praying house sells and goes through not tooo soon and not too late

 

  • Like 3

1st Vac 14/12/2014 ........................waiting !

Received invitation to start Medicals, Police check & AOS    8/09/2017

( case officer assigned  ). 27/9/17  Received email instructing to get police checks and medical within 28 days .no mention of case officer though? Nb we have  case officer but been told that the case officer remains anonymous .had medical and police checks and sponsor had centrelink interview all during october. Delay now due to further medical tests.Medicals completed 22/03/18.

Waiting for instructions to pay 2nd VAC ( please hurry up )

Request for 2nd Vac received 10th April 2018  Yipee ! At last look to the sky and say thank you.      23/04/18 Our visa is granted ...thank you again !!

We should be in Oz 8th June , the application has been a long journey but eventually it is happening.

Keep believing and waiting and hopefully you will get there with your kids too. Good Luck ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Hi, Timing is critical for me and when I asked my agent they said that once Case officer is appointed I would have 28 days to complete my Meds and Police check and send them back. Then Immy will respond within 28 days requesting the second vac payment and I have 28 days to pay up ! Sweating now its all getting close for us and just praying house sells and goes through not tooo soon and not too late

 

My buyers are pressing me to complete on 19th May!  That's impossible for me.  Eeeek. 

  • Like 1

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

My buyers are pressing me to complete on 19th May!  That's impossible for me.  Eeeek. 

Oh nooo. Am lucky I have lots of Family I could stay with if need be. Have you anyone or a very good friend lol

surely if they know your circumstances it could be delayed slightly. You never know you might be granted any minute now! :D

  • Like 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Oh nooo. Am lucky I have lots of Family I could stay with if need be. Have you anyone or a very good friend lol

surely if they know your circumstances it could be delayed slightly. You never know you might be granted any minute now! :D

Yes, I can stay with my sister if need be.  But I have a get together/goodbye do arranged at my house for 24th May, with some friends arriving from Ireland, Exeter, and Tadcaster!  Also,  Movecube will not ship my stuff without a visa, and I don't expect to get that before July (the 33-month mark), so everything will have to go into storage.  I'm selling the bulk of my furniture and appliances, but that will take time and  I also need to make arrangements for the animals.  I've asked to complete 16th June instead, but no response yet. 


CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Yes, I can stay with my sister if need be.  But I have a get together/goodbye do arranged at my house for 24th May, with some friends arriving from Ireland, Exeter, and Tadcaster!  Also,  Movecube will not ship my stuff without a visa, and I don't expect to get that before July (the 33-month mark), so everything will have to go into storage.  I'm selling the bulk of my furniture and appliances, but that will take time and  I also need to make arrangements for the animals.  I've asked to complete 16th June instead, but no response yet. 

Good luck with it all then. They won't say no at this late stage in the buying process for sure!

  • Like 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 8CPA said:

Have they asked for the medicals as well - for that they should have given you a HAP ID. Also you should  receive a letter to set up the bond of assurance. We got our CO at the end of October 2016 and were asked for the money the week before Christmas. That is the last thing that happens they are then ready to grant. I you are unsure - email them. I am assuming you are not using an agent.

Hello, Thanks for your reply. Yes Medicals have been done, Assurance of support also done. I think I don't have CO yet, all communication is through PVC email ID (Parent visa Center). I was given 28 days to provide Medical, Assurance of support, form 80 and Police Clearance. I have provided them all and now waiting to hear back from them...

5 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

If you have an agent, ask them.  If not, then check your junk email folder to see if anything has gone in there by mistake.  If still nothing, then you should email Immi to check.  Take a look at my timeline, I applied after you.    Form 80, police check, medical, Assurance of Support all done but still no Case Officer.  All these things were asked for by the "Parents team", not a Case Officer, maybe they no longer use individual Case Officers.  But I would expect the medical to have been asked for by now, and Assurance of Support too, so you should chase it up. 

Thanks for your reply, I didn't use any agent, As you said, all communication is to Parents Visa team and not with Case Officer. I want to know how much time they take from here, so that I can arrange funds accordingly.

 

5 hours ago, Tracy16 said:

Hi guys,

I have a question about AOS. How long does it take to receive acceptance letter from Centrelink after bank guarantee and acknowledgement of term deposit are given to them? Is it sent by post or through gov account?

Thanks

It took me about 1 week after this step. I got it through Gov account ( on the account of person who provided assurance of support)

 

2 hours ago, gafuk said:

Hi, Timing is critical for me and when I asked my agent they said that once Case officer is appointed I would have 28 days to complete my Meds and Police check and send them back. Then Immy will respond within 28 days requesting the second vac payment and I have 28 days to pay up ! Sweating now its all getting close for us and just praying house sells and goes through not tooo soon and not too late

 

Thanks for your reply. I am in similar condition and trying to gauge how much time it takes from that stage. All the best to you with house sale :)

Edited by AJ_143
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AJ_143 said:

..l

It took me about 1 week after this step. I got it through Gov account ( on the account of person who provided assurance of support) ...

 

Oh that's reassuring.  Hopefully, my daughter will also get the Assurance of Support acceptance  letter very soon, as she lodged it all last Friday. 

  • Like 1

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I am very disappointed with this new visa, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would pay $20,000 for a glorified babysitters visa. 

I just hope when this is confirmed, in the budget on the 9th, they don't also cancel any existing visas types.

What is this new visa supposed to replace?

It's unlikely that anyone would leave an existing visa queue for this new visa.

My gut-feeling is this new visa is a replacement for the 103 visa. 

  • Like 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

143 Visa lodged - October 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I am very disappointed with this new visa, I find it difficult to understand why anyone would pay $20,000 for a glorified babysitters visa. 

I just hope when this is confirmed, in the budget on the 9th, they don't also cancel any existing visas types.

What is this new visa supposed to replace?

It's unlikely that anyone would leave an existing visa queue for this new visa.

My gut-feeling is this new visa is a replacement for the 103 visa. 

Not really replacing anything at the moment I think but would presume 103?

Also I have read if you pay your parent for childminding it is classed as taxable income by that parent

so,how will they work that one out as you are not allowed to "work" lol

also you can stay in 143 visa queue if you wanted to.

Edited by Kathss56

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi – I’m Paul and this is my first posting although I have been following a lot of the regular postings and appreciate all the comments and advice, it’s been very useful. We applied for our 143 on 1 Oct 2015 and heard nothing since. We were told by our agent that it would be 18 months and he can’t tell us anything further. To be honest I have received a lot more information from this forum than what I’ve had from my agent.  

I see now that the process takes about 33-34 months and the best method of getting to Oz during that time appears to be the 600 visa. This new visa announced now is clearly aimed at Parents who aren’t looking for permanent residency (or are frustrated at the 30 year wait for a 103)  but I can see major issues arising in 10 years’ time when elderly parents have to return home and leave their ‘children’ in Australia.

  • Like 2

CPV 143 Application 01 Oct 2015. Acknowledged 01 Oct 2015. Heading for Sunshine Coast hopefully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Hi – I’m Paul and this is my first posting although I have been following a lot of the regular postings and appreciate all the comments and advice, it’s been very useful. We applied for our 143 on 1 Oct 2015 and heard nothing since. We were told by our agent that it would be 18 months and he can’t tell us anything further. To be honest I have received a lot more information from this forum than what I’ve had from my agent.  

I see now that the process takes about 33-34 months and the best method of getting to Oz during that time appears to be the 600 visa. This new visa announced now is clearly aimed at Parents who aren’t looking for permanent residency (or are frustrated at the 30 year wait for a 103)  but I can see major issues arising in 10 years’ time when elderly parents have to return home and leave their ‘children’ in Australia.

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, clarkesville1 said:

With the new visa, after the 10 years can you re-apply for a further 10? 

No it's a maximum first visa of five years with a second maximum of 5 to give 10 total.

What happens when all these parents are medically unfit to fly though??

Edited by Ferrets
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×